Sentry vs His Hype

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
It seems sentry more about hype than feats so as of this moment which is greater?

xmeat
guess the polls say it.

jasonk3
Sentry is greater than his hype

King_Mungi
Sentry does have some impressive feats, but he is so undefined he is an enigma and basically turned into hype.

Such as Spider-Man's throw away line he stalemated Galactus..gah!

bigbran
Originally posted by jasonk3
Sentry is greater than his hype Quite...

He has one-shotted Attuma, embaressed Terrax, beat Void, one-shotted Iron Man, overloaded Absorbing Man, beat Absorbing Man, overpowered Strange's spell (just a spell), stalemated Collective, did a sun-run in seconds, did another with Void in seconds, held a cosmic cube, stalemated Photon, etc.

He has some good feats actually.

capt it up
sentry is my favorit superman level character

bigbran
Originally posted by capt it up
sentry is my favorit superman level character Thanks for reminding me Capt...

His highest feat, was one-shotting Wolverine.

jasonk3
Originally posted by bigbran
Quite...

He has one-shotted Attuma, embaressed Terrax, beat Void, one-shotted Iron Man, overloaded Absorbing Man, beat Absorbing Man, overpowered Strange's spell (just a spell), stalemated Collective, did a sun-run in seconds, did another with Void in seconds, held a cosmic cube, stalemated Photon, etc.

He has some good feats actually.

thumb up thumb up

BTW...do u remember which issue he fights Terrax? I wanna check that out.

capt it up
Thanks for reminding me Capt...

His highest feat, was one-shotting Wolverine.
actually it was two shots or 3 stick out tongue

that actaully pritty impressive for logan seeing as how he has one shooted some powerful guys and he even stated that he new he could not kill logan so I doubt he was holding back

bigbran
Originally posted by jasonk3
thumb up thumb up

BTW...do u remember which issue he fights Terrax? I wanna check that out. Sentry v2 #1.

that actaully pritty impressive for logan seeing as how he has one shooted some powerful guys and he even stated that he new he could not kill logan so I doubt he was holding back I thought it was 1...

'cause I remember him grabbing Wolve's claws, and then hitting him... I could be wrong though...

jasonk3
Sentry v2 #1.

smile Thanks

capt it up
Sentry v2 #1.

I thought it was 1...

'cause I remember him grabbing Wolve's claws, and then hitting him... I could be wrong though...
he hit him right before that as well

xmeat
sentry should of did more in civil war7.

bigbran
Originally posted by xmeat
sentry should of did more in civil war7. So... you wanted him to take down the opposition by himself?

Good comic...

xmeat
So... you wanted him to take down the opposition by himself?

Good comic... no but do something for christ sakes there was no sign of him anywhere.

Black Adam

that actaully pritty impressive for logan seeing as how he has one shooted some powerful guys and he even stated that he new he could not kill logan so I doubt he was holding back

I liked how he was holding logans claws like they where a tea cup. smile

TricksterPriest
Sentry's hype wins. This bastard has been hyped to the point where he's apparently over Silver Surfer in power. I positively hate this guy, and am praying that Marvel retcons his ass or kills him off before Civil War ends.

Supreme being
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sentry's hype wins. This bastard has been hyped to the point where he's apparently over Silver Surfer in power. I positively hate this guy, and am praying that Marvel retcons his ass or kills him off before Civil War ends.

rock rock thumb up

"V"
Bob rules, he gets all you idiots who haven't bothered to read any of his miniseries in a bother. If you had read them and still didn't like them then fine, but people are just complaining because he's a "Supes rip-off".

If the Hype wins, Sentry still wins
If Sentry wins, his Hype gets boosted
Either way Paul Jenkins wins.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Hasn't Marvel said that Sentry isn't all he's played out to be? That there's something we're missing about him?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Hasn't Marvel said that Sentry isn't all he's played out to be? That there's something we're missing about him?

That might pan out nicely.

Supreme being
Originally posted by "V"
Bob rules, he gets all you idiots who haven't bothered to read any of his miniseries in a bother. If you had read them and still didn't like them then fine, but people are just complaining because he's a "Supes rip-off".

If the Hype wins, Sentry still wins
If Sentry wins, his Hype gets boosted
Either way Paul Jenkins wins.

confused Idiots? What for not liking a character, i am sure some people would call you an idiot for saying "Bob rules" but at the end of the day they keep quiet.

"V"
Originally posted by Supreme being
confused Idiots? What for not liking a character, i am sure some people would call you an idiot for saying "Bob rules" but at the end of the day they keep quiet.

No, the idiots that judge the character without taking the time to read any of his books.

They can call me it they want, couldn't care less.

Supreme being
Originally posted by "V"
No, the idiots that judge the character without taking the time to read any of his books.

They can call me it they want, couldn't care less.

And you know they haven't read any series featuring sentry or his mini because?

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Thing with sentry tat holds him back is his own mind and his doubt's and fears that he will bring the void back that is his weakness that is why he constantly holds back. He actaully far more powerful, but fear forces him to hold back and created mental boundery for him self. He may think he going at full power, but in reality he only using a little bit of his power due to the fact he has greated this mental block sorta like iceman ecpt for other reasons

"V"
And you know they haven't read any series featuring sentry or his mini because?

Oh shucks, alot of people read the bastardized Sentry in NA. Fewer read his mini.

And because i'm bleeding psychic.

Supreme being
Originally posted by "V"
Oh shucks, alot of people read the bastardized Sentry in NA. Fewer read his mini.

And because i'm bleeding psychic.

Good for you.

"V"
Good for you.

Isn't it just?

xmeat
bump

DigiMark007
This could go for half the characters on the forum.

Pheonix, Huc, Wolverine, etc. No reason to single Sentry out just because he hasn't had much screen time yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.