NHL Versus AHL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lighthammer
AHL is so much better than the NHL. For some reason almost any minor league sport is better than the top level. Now I am from Rochester New York home of the Amerks, and I am getting sick and tired of everybody in Western New York and even our local papers acting like Buffalo Hockey is more important to Rochester hockey because of the simple fact that they have the closest NHL franchise. Well the Amerks have been around longer then the Sabres by just under 20 years, so we were here first. Why aren't we in the NHL? Why are we always second fiddle to them? But I digress. My original point was that the AHL is better than the NHL. Of course, everybody that thinks they know hockey and most of the ones that do will laugh at me saying that the NHL would beat the AHL any day of the week. Well would NHl be man enough to prove it? Put it all on the line as they say? Something along the lines of Major League Three only without the awful acting. Either make it a triple header or best out of three. Like for example game 1 Sabres Versus Amerks(If they held that at Bllue Cross that would sellout)
Game 2 Flyers Versus Phantoms
If the AHL won oneof the games and the NHL won the other, they would have a tiebreaker. Well It would either be Blackhawks versus Wolves(which could actually technically be the Blackhawks versus the Thrashers because the Chicago Wolves are affilates with Atlanta so they could just demote their best players down for the game)Maple Leafs verus Marlies or Aeros Versus Starsor someother close geographically AHL and NHL teams.

Nellinator
You do realize that the AHL is the farm teams for the NHL, the NHL calls up AHL players to play because they are prospects. The AHL players are the ones that get cut from the NHL during training camp. An NHL team versus an AHL team wouldn't even be close. Players that get called up to the NHL from the AHL are marginal 4th liners that only get to play 7-12 minutes a game in the NHL because they are liabilities on the ice.

Smasandian
Come on, use the hockey thread....for christsakes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.