Aren't comics in a GOOD state currently ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doctor S.T.D.
Both Marvel and D.C. seem to be out doing each other at the moment. Issue 7 of civil war marked the ending of one of the most controversial but interesting crossovers of all time, and By God hasn't it left Marvel in a good state. Both Marvel and D.C. have been producing some exceedingly good stuff recently, with the likes of Civil War (The main book), the Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four, Action Comics, Superman, Ion, 52, the Legion of Super heroes, Ultimate Spiderman, Wonder Woman (When its actually released), the last few issues of New Avengers, J.S.A., J.L.A., RUNAWAYS, the young Avengers, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Dare Devil, Captain Ammerica, Ares, Annihilation, Omega men, Batman,The Atom, Astonoshing X-men, The Green Lanterns and the Eternals. And with massive reveals such as those seen in Ion 11 and Civil War things look as though they are only going to improve. With writers such as Morisson, Ellis, Bendis, Bru Baker, Vaughan, Mark Millar, Greg rucka, Dan Slott, Joss Wheeldon, K Vaughn, Mark Waid, Ommeig , Griffin, Geoff Johns Aren't commercial comics in a really good state at the moment ?

pr1983
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.
Both Marvel and D.C. seem to be out doing each other at the moment. Issue 7 of civil war marked the ending of one of the most controversial but interesting crossovers of all time, and By God hasn't it left Marvel in a good state. Both Marvel and D.C. have been producing some exceedingly good stuff recently, with the likes of Civil War (The main book), the Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four, Action Comics, Superman, Ion, 52, the Legion of Super heroes, Ultimate Spiderman, Wonder Woman (When its actually released), the last few issues of New Avengers, J.S.A., J.L.A., RUNAWAYS, the young Avengers, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Dare Devil, Captain Ammerica, Ares, Annihilation, Omega men, Batman,The Atom, Astonoshing X-men, The Green Lanterns and the Eternals. And with massive reveals such as those seen in Ion 11 and Civil War things look as though they are only going to improve. With writers such as Morisson, Ellis, Bendis, Bru Baker, Vaughan, Mark Millar, Greg rucka, Dan Slott, Joss Wheeldon, K Vaughn, Mark Waid, Ommeig , Griffin, Geoff Johns Aren't commercial comics in a really good state at the moment ?

i can't believe you had bendis but not busiek... stick out tongue

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by pr1983
i can't believe you had bendis but not busiek... stick out tongue

I mentioned Superman and Action Comics though ! stick out tongue

I agree Brusiek is one of the best writers around.

pr1983
laughing

i do agree though, i remember how it was when i was younger, the sheer amount of good (and bad too no doubt) nowadays is staggering compared to what there was back then...

i'm just glad i'm old enough (and seemingly intelligent enough) to understand all the subtleties in alot of the modern comics...

but yeah, spoiled for choice...

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by pr1983
laughing

i do agree though, i remember how it was when i was younger, the sheer amount of good (and bad too no doubt) nowadays is staggering compared to what there was back then...

i'm just glad i'm old enough (and seemingly intelligent enough) to understand all the subtleties in alot of the modern comics...

but yeah, spoiled for choice...

I blame Alan Moore and the Watchmen !

DigiMark007

...yeah, a likely culprit.

But yeah, comics have never been better. The bottom will fall out eventually on the movies, insane # of titles, etc. But right now it's good times.

pr1983

i am glad though that comics nowadays (even the major titles like superman, x-men etc.) can deal with issues that affect adults as much as they would teens... i'm not saying they didnt before, there just seems to be more of it nowadays...

The Libertine
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...yeah, a likely culprit.

But yeah, comics have never been better. The bottom will fall out eventually on the movies, insane # of titles, etc. But right now it's good times.

I blame Warrior Magazine and Alan Moore amongst a number of others that worked on it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.