WarMachine vs. Gambit & Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Now can Jim outbattle Scott and Remy at the same time?
The battle ground is on an aircraft carrier and WM cannot fly outside the radius of the carrier. He cannot reach altitudes too high where as Cyclops or Gambit cannot reach. WR has one handicap and that is he doesn't have his targetting system to help him pinpoint his attacks.

Who wins?

LordFear
I

LordFear
I say the team has a good chance with smarts and battle savvy.

LORDSIDIOUS01
"Rhodey" can outwit them. True Cyke and Remy have a lot power and skills. "Rhodey" was taught by Tony Stark so he might be able win.

Fanboy
Warmachine easily.

LordFear
Originally posted by Fanboy
Warmachine easily.

It's not as easy when his targetting system is offline and he has to do it manually

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
It's not as easy when his targetting system is offline and he has to do it manually

I was thinking the same. Without a targeting system, who knows if he could even hit the duo? I mean, you ask an airforce pilot to dead-center a missile at four miles without a targeting system? You're asking for trouble.

Now if it's a naval aviator, on the other hand...whistle.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
I was thinking the same. Without a targeting system, who knows if he could even hit the duo? I mean, you ask an airforce pilot to dead-center a missile at four miles without a targeting system? You're asking for trouble.

Now if it's a naval aviator, on the other hand...whistle.

Nice to see someone on the same page as I am on this one. I purposely stated no targeting because of course it would be a slaughter but when you have to lock on moving targets while taking evasive aerial maneuvers, the team all of a sudden has a huge handicap to take advantage of. Scott is no fool as a leader and Gambit is not a stupid fighter. They both have peak to above athletic abilities.Think about this one folks

LordFear
one more thing. Can Cyclops use his beams in a surgically precise fashion? Never saw it done but does he have such mastery over his mutant abilities?
If so, technically a well placed optic blast right between those eye slits in WM's helmet and can you say lobotomy or "Oh shit I'm blind"

spetznaz
What Cyclops can see he can hit. Cyke basically has first drop advantage.
Furthermore WM is not allowed to fly 'too high,' and thus he is within visual sighting range of Cyclops.
Cyclop's optic blasts can reach a pretty high intensity.
WM doesn't have a targeting system.

The question is this, how good are Cyke's shields? Because ti appears that Cycke will get the first shot, and being a KMC match this shot will be a pretty vicious one.

How good are WM's shields, because if they are not then Cyke would win this (Gambit would just be background decor).

Metalmanx
one more thing. Can Cyclops use his beams in a surgically precise fashion? Never saw it done but does he have such mastery over his mutant abilities?
If so, technically a well placed optic blast right between those eye slits in WM's helmet and can you say lobotomy or "Oh shit I'm blind"

I'm not really sure who would win in this match, but I just wanted to say "Hell yea Cyke can utilize his optic blasts in a surgical fashion".

Go check out the Respect thread. Cyke has some crazy surgical feats.

Darth Martin
Rhodes has a slight chance if he has a shield. Really depends which Gambit this is nd how powerful. Cyclops is quicker in his attack. WM should prevail with shields.

LordFear
WM does have his shields up, all the way. Weaponry and all. It's only his ts that isn't working

TheEvilHex
a mine gun puts a bullet in every inch of a football filed in less than a 60 secs WM wins you don't need to target that well with a mine gun.

LordFear
Originally posted by TheEvilHex
a mine gun puts a bullet in every inch of a football filed in less than a 60 secs WM wins you don't need to target that well with a mine gun.

oK BUT a wide spread optic blast disintegrates whatever projectile coming at you. Cyclops can easily broaden the range of his blast to destroy any bullets coming at him. Oh and Remy can just charge those bullets and chuck them at WM

Hercules
Its a tough call, because you have taken away the very things that Warmachine needs to be able to beat them conclusively.

I can't help think though that X force took it to Warmachine even when he had his targeters, Rictor gave him some huge problems.

Cyclops is WM's biggest threat here, he can use that optic blast in so many ways, WM needs to close with them and take it to them h2h.

Unless hes allowed to just blast the carrier and sink it? target that big at close range, he doesn't need his targeter to hit it, Cyclops and Gambit drown.

Soljer
As far as Cyclops' surgical precision, he has (many times) done the likes of putting a hole through a quarter, or ricocheting his optic beam off of many surfaces in order to hit someone.

He's surgical.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
As far as Cyclops' surgical precision, he has (many times) done the likes of putting a hole through a quarter, or ricocheting his optic beam off of many surfaces in order to hit someone.

He's surgical.

Ok so is it plausible that he can shoot two small precise beams right between WM's eye slits and knock him out? Or would that be PIS?

LordFear
Originally posted by Hercules
Its a tough call, because you have taken away the very things that Warmachine needs to be able to beat them conclusively.

I can't help think though that X force took it to Warmachine even when he had his targeters, Rictor gave him some huge problems.

Cyclops is WM's biggest threat here, he can use that optic blast in so many ways, WM needs to close with them and take it to them h2h.

Unless hes allowed to just blast the carrier and sink it? target that big at close range, he doesn't need his targeter to hit it, Cyclops and Gambit drown.

The carrier cannot be touched because essentially its the battlefield. I also know that WM has such a huge arsenal of offensive weapons, that he can prove to be a serious problem for the team AND I have given him flight capabilities although restricted. The team can really work in unison using their athletic prowesses to use WM's handicap to their advantage.

Hercules
The carrier cannot be touched because essentially its the battlefield. I also know that WM has such a huge arsenal of offensive weapons, that he can prove to be a serious problem for the team AND I have given him flight capabilities although restricted. The team can really work in unison using their athletic prowesses to use WM's handicap to their advantage.

Thing is though, if the carrier can't be touched then WM, can't fire his weapons, without targeters, Gambit especially is going to be able to dodge more effectively and if WM, misses he damages the Carrier.

His best tactic is to close with Cyclops and get rid of the visor, then take it to Gambit, keep it close range where he can use his strength and take Gambit out of the picture.

Even then Gambit may be able to charge his armour up, keeping airborne and shooting wild isn't a tactic thats going to work well.

As has been said Cyclops can hit him with a precision blast and end the fight real quick.

This is tougher than it apears.

Brian Oswald
Ok so is it plausible that he can shoot two small precise beams right between WM's eye slits and knock him out? Or would that be PIS? If WM stays still long enough for him to do it.

LordFear
Thing is though, if the carrier can't be touched then WM, can't fire his weapons, without targeters, Gambit especially is going to be able to dodge more effectively and if WM, misses he damages the Carrier.

His best tactic is to close with Cyclops and get rid of the visor, then take it to Gambit, keep it close range where he can use his strength and take Gambit out of the picture.

Even then Gambit may be able to charge his armour up, keeping airborne and shooting wild isn't a tactic thats going to work well.

As has been said Cyclops can hit him with a precision blast and end the fight real quick.

This is tougher than it apears.

Ok I see what you are saying but you are assuming that Rhodey has intel on Scott and knows that without the visor Scott is essentially done.
I think not going airborne is a mistake for him cuz close range, the team is well prepped for it

Hercules
Ok I see what you are saying but you are assuming that Rhodey has intel on Scott and knows that without the visor Scott is essentially done.
I think not going airborne is a mistake for him cuz close range, the team is well prepped for it

Distance favours cyclops more than close range and I wasn't talking run at them to close I was thinking more dive bomb.

Cyclops is a pretty well known Mutant, WM had Shield intel on X force, no reason to assume he hasn't got intel on X men, take into account who his buddy is and all the intel Iron Man has on everybody.

LordFear
Distance favours cyclops more than close range and I wasn't talking run at them to close I was thinking more dive bomb.

Cyclops is a pretty well known Mutant, WM had Shield intel on X force, no reason to assume he hasn't got intel on X men, take into account who his buddy is and all the intel Iron Man has on everybody.

Good point on the intel part.
Well you brought up some interesting scenarios and tactical ways of both sides to come out victorious but I truly think that the x factor here is how well the team work together in achieving their goals

LordFear
One more question?
Can Cyclops at full blast penetrate WM's shield at full energy?
Now if WM's shield is as strong as IM's then it would be a helluva thing to do although Scott has been referenced to be able to do wondrous things at full blast

TheEvilHex
5/10 wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.