Do you give to the poor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
When you see homeless people on the street, do you give them money? Do you give money to the church to help the poor?

Symmetric Chaos
This might do well in the GDF . . .

Bardock42
I took the law and threw it away
Cause there's nothing wrong
It's just for play
Theres no law, no law anymore
I want to steal from the rich and
Give to the poor

LethalFemme
Does it count as giving if I throw stuff at them?

Jack of Light
Originally posted by Bardock42
I took the law and threw it away
Cause there's nothing wrong
It's just for play
Theres no law, no law anymore
I want to steal from the rich and
Give to the poor

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE RHYMING?!

Isn't that what the poetry forum is for?

JacopeX
Because they are trying to start a stupid ass fad which would fail miserably and die quick. So ignore them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jack of Light
WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE RHYMING?!

Isn't that what the poetry forum is for?

There aren't a lot of people in the poetry forum
In fact it hardly counts as a quorum

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX
Because they are trying to start a stupid ass fad which would fail miserably and die quick. So ignore them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Right, no, anyways idiots.

Röland
All of the poor people around here are motivated and don't beg for money.

Rogue Jedi
i try to remember that all they are gonna do with the $$$ is buy booze. there is one guy, however, who is a gulf war veteran, and he hangs out outside walmart. whenever we go to the store, and i see him, i buy him a mcdonalds value meal. poor guy lost both legs below the knees and is deaf. i think he stepped on a land mine or something. i get the impression that he is ashamed of begging for food, but that he has to in order to survive.

Quest-xx
yes

Rogue Jedi
he communicates with his hands, basically, and reads lips. when i asked him what happened, he showed me his USMC tat. and he made a blow up gesture with his hands. i feel really sorry for him. but, even though he chained to a wheelchair, he still has that USMC pride about him.

Morgoths_Wrath
you would think the gov't would take care of it's vets..

Rogue Jedi
he gets a VA check, i am sure, but i am sure its pretty minimal.

Seraphim XIII
Is Santa a black man with buck teeth and aviators?

Röland
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
he communicates with his hands, basically, and reads lips. when i asked him what happened, he showed me his USMC tat. and he made a blow up gesture with his hands. i feel really sorry for him. but, even though he chained to a wheelchair, he still has that USMC pride about him.
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
you would think the gov't would take care of it's vets..

My dad's friend is a USMC Vet and he lost half his leg and has a bunch of shrapnel in his back from Vietnam.

He gets a VA check but it isn't enough to live on or support his family for a month, granted he doesn't ask for money, but I'm just saying the check probably isn't that much for the guy RJ is talking about.

Leo.M
When I have money to spare, yes. twocents

Rogue Jedi
i just feel as if i owe it to him. dude went there to fight for my freedom, and look at what he got.

Alpha Centauri
I'd rather flush my money down the toilet than give it to the church.

-AC

Röland
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i just feel as if i owe it to him. dude went there to fight for my freedom, and look at what he got.

I'm not saying don't give him money, if a guy like that was outside of our local Wal-Mart I would always give him money.

Strangelove
Every chance I get.

Of course, what I give them is scorn

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

what about the guy (or gal) on the street?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC
is that because you dont believe in god? what if the church used it to build a youth center, or feed homeless people?

Shelbert Lemon
yes I give to the poor

Rogue Jedi
the ones holding the signs "will work for food"?.....not a frigging cent. the funny thing is that if you offer them work, they wont take it most of the time.

Council#13
When you see homeless people on the street, do you give them money? Do you give money to the church to help the poor?

Yup.

TeeLee
only if i have some spare change stick out tongue

JaehSkywalker
sometimes.. i guess...

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Does it count as giving if I throw stuff at them?

Storm
I support Amnesty International, Broederlijk Delen, 11.11.11., projects from people I know and trust, and I sometimes give money to the homeless.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

§P0oONY
No. I give money to people who can't help their condition.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.