Chimps are now hunting with better weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
Do you believe humans evolved from apes?

I would be convinced IF they started drawing areal maps of the swing-route, showing logistical intelligence, I would more convinced if they weren't micro chipped or programmed somehow to behave differently, OR if there was NO MANIPULATION in their DNA....that would be a strong persuasion of evolution (apes evolving in their mind via logical knowledge, w/o dna manipulation or microchip, etc)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_on_sc/chimpanzee_hunting

Council#13
dodgy Looks like I kinda confused the authorities by giving those chimps that spear, huh?

Badabing
I just read that! The End Is Coming!!!!!
http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/fanart/mike/planet-apes.jpg

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Badabing

laughing

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Oncewhite

I would be convinced IF they started drawing areal maps of the swing-route, showing logistical intelligence, I would more convinced if they weren't micro chipped or programmed somehow to behave differently, OR if there was NO MANIPULATION in their DNA....that would be a strong persuasion of evolution (apes evolving in their mind via logical knowledge, w/o dna manipulation or microchip, etc)

Chimps do all that by nature. They use tools, which on some occasions they even crudely fashion themselves, like the mentioned spears.
They don't have to draw maps of routes, they have those memorised, and can even direct other chimps on these routes effectively by vocal and physical communication. Which leads to logistical intelligence, something chimps are very talented in. Able to hunt in trees with impressive strategy and coordination, while simultaneously being aware of their role as pray to other predators as well. These are some smart apes, and evolution-wise, most likely our natural cousins or predecessors.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Chimps do all that by nature. They use tools, which on some occasions they even crudely fashion themselves, like the mentioned spears.
They don't have to draw maps of routes, they have those memorised, and can even direct other chimps on these routes effectively by vocal and physical communication. Which leads to logistical intelligence, something chimps are very talented in. Able to hunt in trees with impressive strategy and coordination, while simultaneously being aware of their role as pray to other predators as well. These are some smart apes, and evolution-wise, most likely our natural cousins or predecessors.

Yeah, but they aren't drawing pictures.... one small leap for chimps....although they have good memory, they aren't logging it in a book of trees (paper), so, yeah, they probably mark their spot by pissing on it or whatever dogs and other animals do to flag their area....dogs have memory too, and hunt in packs, so therefore, they have strategy and coordination for the hunt, most pack animals do have some social intelligence, as it is beneficial. Now, I wouldn't' doubt that chimps are some sort of distant cousin...but, they aren't cataloging their information, their organization is all in their heads, and they don't know more then one language, lol. I actually like chimps, they are really cute and have personality, I just wanted to bring light to the article..and the fact that their could be dna manipulations or chips implanted in some "wild" animals or mammals, so if you see any large leaps in evolution, look to DNA manipulation or programable chips implanted...nothing to be scared of, it's just something to make us wonder....again, i like chimps, but there are other primates that are very unfriendly, like the silverback...

Mindship
The time to worry is when they want uranium enrichment.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Mindship
The time to worry is when they want uranium enrichment.

that's a big leap in technology...i mean, you don't need uranium to hunt down a bunch of bananas on a tree...unless of course, they are having a tribal war with neighboring chimps that were far more advanced in getting bananas off of the tallest trees and therefore, are asking for more services (tick service)...

it would be terrible if they were shipped to fight the war in Iraq....using their new found spears and all.

Robtard

Humans did not evolve from the "apes" of today... why do you anti-evolutionist always stick to that nonsense? Modern Humans and modern Apes share (key word there is "share"wink common ancestry.

Robtard

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Robtard
Humans did not evolve from the "apes" of today... why do you anti-evolutionist always stick to that nonsense? Modern Humans and modern Apes share (key word there is "share"wink common ancestry.

FINE, I can agree with it, but I would like to see EVIDENCE that the chimps of our day are evolving....why aren't they writing down their swing routes...or speaking in different languages?? Yeah, I know I sound ignorant, so what of it...I want evidence that does not include DNA manipulations, because from what I gather, IF we did come from chimps, there was DNA manipulation to help "us" make that leap. I don't care if the manipulations are environmental (viral, vast temperature change, etc.), but some sort of manipulation happened, either internal or external, and people would be more convinced if they saw it in living color, the actual progression of chimps evolving into what was our "middle man".

Robtard
FINE, I can agree with it, but I would like to see EVIDENCE that the chimps of our day are evolving....why aren't they writing down their swing routes...or speaking in different languages?? Yeah, I know I sound ignorant, so what of it...I want evidence that does not include DNA manipulations, because from what I gather, IF we did come from chimps, there was DNA manipulation to help "us" make that leap. I don't care if the manipulations are environmental (viral, vast temperature change, etc.), but some sort of manipulation happened, either internal or external, and people would be more convinced if they saw it in living color, the actual progression of chimps evolving into what was our "middle man".

I hate t burst your bubble, but "Evolution" doesn't proceed at a pace where "we" could actively see it, especially in a complex organism like a chimpanzee. Spontaneous changes like "poof" 'humans are made from dirt' is Creationist thinking

Again you state "IF we did come from chimps"... We DIDN'T come from chimps, no "ifs", "ands" or "buts" about it.

Oncewhite
I hate t burst your bubble, but "Evolution" doesn't proceed at a pace where "we" could actively see it, especially in a complex organism like a chimpanzee. Spontaneous changes like "poof" 'humans are made from dirt' is Creationist thinking

errrrr, according to the theory, i already KNEW that. (yawn) and i am not getting into a creationist vs. evolutionist THEORIES...just having fun, lighten up dude.

Robtard
errrrr, according to the theory, i already KNEW that. (yawn) and i am not getting into a creationist vs. evolutionist THEORIES...just having fun, lighten up dude.

Having fun by stating misinformation? Enjoy yourself then...

Oncewhite
Having fun by stating misinformation? Enjoy yourself then...

for starters, you are the one who wants to draw a line in the sand about E vs C, roll eyes (sarcastic) you can tell by my tone that I am being funny, and Evolution is a THEORY, stop bashing creationist, I am not 100% for either one...they have valid points on both ends...

Rogue Jedi
laughing
if that happens, i am gonna load up on shotgun shells. they aint taking me without a fight.

Robtard
for starters, you are the one who wants to draw a line in the sand about E vs C, roll eyes (sarcastic) you can tell by my tone that I am being funny, and Evolution is a THEORY, stop bashing creationist, I am not 100% for either one...they have valid points on both ends...

Not sure how repeatedly saying/implying that "chimps evolved into humans" is funny when no Creationist or Evolutionist says so...

If you think it is fun/funny to repeat misinformation regardless of how ridiculous it is, then by all means keep making an ass out yourself.

Rogue Jedi
i dont believe in evolution, thats just me though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i dont believe in evolution, thats just me though.

That's fine and that's not the issue.

Rogue Jedi
you guys were talking about evolution, yes?

Robtard
you guys were talking about evolution, yes?

Simple answer, yes.

It's fine if you don't believe in Evolution and thinks it's impossible or improbable, that wasn't the issue per se. If you had said "I don't believe in Evolution because I find it ridiculous that a chimpanzee evolved into a man." than you'd be misjudging Evolution based on misinformation.

In short, misinformation was the "problem".

Ana P
Originally posted by Badabing

LOL

Shakyamunison

Humans did not evolve from apes because humans and ages evolved together from a common ancestor.

grey fox
Meh , If we can devour all the chimps before they learn how to load+fire a rifle then were safe cool thumb up

AngryManatee

Well actually we came from a common ancestor, and branched. We didn't actually come from apes, but from a branch of primates called hominids, hence why apes are still around. Of course this is currently the most accepted theory. Things might change later based on new findings.

AngryManatee
Also, stating that evolution is only a theory is a flawed use of the scientific definition of theory, as indicated by my awsome picture.

Alliance

Umm. Humans never evolved from apes. They shared a common ancestor.

Evolution 101. kthxbi.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Alliance
Umm. Humans never evolved from apes. They shared a common ancestor.

Evolution 101. kthxbi.

LET ME GUESS? humans didn't come from apes, they come from a common ansestor, how many times to i have to tell you folks for you to get it already! GEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

eek!

Oncewhite
if that happens, i am gonna load up on shotgun shells. they aint taking me without a fight.

thumb up

Alliance
LET ME GUESS? humans didn't come from apes, they come from a common ansestor, how many times to i have to tell you folks for you to get it already! GEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

eek!

Get what? You're the one who got it wrong confused

King Kandy
...There's no REASON for them to map routes, they don't evolve traits with no purpose....

Grimm22
Bah, I ain't afraid of no Ape

When I see an ape defeat Rocky in a round of boxing then I'll start to be afraid

But, that day will never come, so we're all safe big grin

((The_Anomaly))
Apes are funny cause they think they're people smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.