Justice League of America Movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
JLA Coming to the Big Screen!

Will be VERY interesting. smile

Menetnashté
Could be good or bad mad that singer is on the project personally the whole superman has a bastard son wasn't the greatest thing ever.

spidey-dude
when does it come out ?

NoFate007
Man they have a LOT of things that can screw this movie up...

1. The Team: If they decide that its too hard to put Superman, Batman, GL, etc in this, and they decide to go with a whole bunch of third string guys, this will be awful.

2. Casting: If they decide to just get different people to play the characters rather than Routh and Bale (and whoever else possibly by the time this comes out), that'll hurt them.

3. Writing: A big film like this, you're gonna get a lot of ridiculous ideas. They need to make sure they get a SERIOUS writer and not someone that does kids movies (cough*Levy*cough) or just horrible films in general. Get someone who UNDERSTANDS the comics, and don't force them to make the film just a giant advertisement for merchandise and toys.

I could go on but I don't think I have to, right guys? Lol.

spidey-dude
same voices and cartoon looking as the JLA from the cartoon series ? or these look different ?

pr1983
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
JLA Coming to the Big Screen!

Will be VERY interesting. smile

the writers dont seem to me to be all that special...

i'd rather it was a new venture altogether, make it a real superhero movie (fitting batman into that and making it believable is gonna be a hell of a task)

i'd honestly get different actors, but that would mess up, i mean, you can't have two superman's or batman's can you?

makes me wish superman returns had never been made... sad

Juntai
So is going to be toon or live action?

pr1983
live action apparently...

OB1-adobe
One of three things will happen:

1) It won't happen for a very long time

2) They'll make it with crap actors and crap characters and it WILL suck (Of course you will have that geeky dweeb come out and say "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWSOME!!!!)

3) It will fall through and never happen due to developmental hell

WrathfulDwarf
I like this idea instead of giving each character his/her own movie. There are only two other characters that I feel should get their own movie. Green Lantern (Hal) and Captain Marvel.

NoFate007
What about Flash?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

2) They'll make it with crap actors and crap characters and it WILL suck (Of course you will have that geeky dweeb come out and say "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWSOME!!!!)

Agreed. thumb up

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by NoFate007
Man they have a LOT of things that can screw this movie up...

1. The Team: If they decide that its too hard to put Superman, Batman, GL, etc in this, and they decide to go with a whole bunch of third string guys, this will be awful.

2. Casting: If they decide to just get different people to play the characters rather than Routh and Bale (and whoever else possibly by the time this comes out), that'll hurt them.

3. Writing: A big film like this, you're gonna get a lot of ridiculous ideas. They need to make sure they get a SERIOUS writer and not someone that does kids movies (cough*Levy*cough) or just horrible films in general. Get someone who UNDERSTANDS the comics, and don't force them to make the film just a giant advertisement for merchandise and toys.

I could go on but I don't think I have to, right guys? Lol.

The merchandising part is going to happen buddy I'm sorry

roughrider

Yes.
A lot of projects get announced - doesn't mean they will happen. Know how many comics-to-screen projects got announced in the late 1980's that still haven't happened? Too many to mention.

The Superman-Batman idea fell through - and they only considered that because their big-screen viability was at low ebb.

Finally, with all the potential money to be made by making single movie franchises of each character, why sink all their eggs in one basket with one movie featuring several heroes?

NoFate007
The merchandising part is going to happen buddy I'm sorry

Naturally.

WrathfulDwarf
I think that is the Smallville episode was actually a test...to see the reaction of the fans. Some have waited decades for this film to happen. New actors? Yeah, most likely this would a younger JLA..

The Libertine
Remember the JLA TV movie from the nineties? It sucked big balls.

Scoobless
I would have thought a JLA spin-off series from Smallville was much more likely than a film.

Grinning Goku
This should be animated.

roughrider
Originally posted by Scoobless
I would have thought a JLA spin-off series from Smallville was much more likely than a film.
This would be easier on the small screen - Smallville seemed like a successful test.

SnakeEyes
I doubt this is even going to happen.

..::Marea::..
Originally posted by NoFate007
What about Flash?

Flash had his own movie.

But didnt they have a Justice league of America film already?

Starring heroes like Fire & Ice and some others that I can't remember watching because it was such a bad film.

I would love to see the Wonder woman film!

[BAW]Endrict
Use Roth and Bale but the others should be casted from Smallville.

Magee
Originally posted by Endrict
Use Roth and Bale but the others should be casted from Smallville. Yes that would be a great way to ruin this film. thumb up

The Pict
Originally posted by Magee
Yes that would be a great way to ruin this film. thumb up

laughing out loud

Don't see this ever happening

manorastroman
from what i understand, wonder woman/aquaman/flash have all been optioned already as potential franchises. there's been talks of flash being ryan reynolds for a few months now, and, i can't recall at the moment, but i remember someone being announced for aquaman. anyway, routh and bale both stated that they would be all for it, so at least there's that...

one things for sure, the budget for this movie would be ****ing mental.

Supreme being
They should never ever do a JL movie because other characters will be left in the shadows much like the xmen films. Not to mention it would suck hard.

Face
JL movie would be great for DC franchise

Board Walker
Will the main villian for this movie be The weather man?

LORDSIDIOUS01
A JLA film probably is going to be a waste of time. Batman and Superman have to be in it, Unless its done a way where their presence is felt throughout the whole film.

dawsey28
It is possible to make a good JLA movie.

john allerdyce
i swear if flash aint in it i will break singers legs

Supreme being
Originally posted by john allerdyce
i swear if flash aint in it i will break singers legs

confused Singer? laughing What makes you think WB would let him touch the JL the guy cant even get superman right let alone the entire JL.

Superherovandal
If Batman is to be in the movie they're gonna have to make him super-smart or he's completely useless. They better make him smart in the Dark Knight or it won't work out at all.

Swanky-Tuna
For some reason I can picture it going something like Mystery Men. Except Flaming Carrot will be in the JLA movie.

the comic kid
as far as the JLA MOVIE they may have waited to long,it'll be hard to get big names to sign to each charictar,to give enough resepct to individual the main player's in the JLA.

WrathfulDwarf
It's official! We have a director.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/09/20/george-miller-to-direct-justice-league-movie/

Badabing
It's official! We have a director.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/09/20/george-miller-to-direct-justice-league-movie/ Do we have any idea on who will be starring in the movie?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Badabing
Do we have any idea on who will be starring in the movie?

Tom Welling was going to be Supes butfor some reason isn't and Ryan Gosling right now is the favorite to be Batman in the JLA movie.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3306&Itemid=99

Smoki
this would be really cool i hope they make it

CaptainStoic
I hope they use someone like Nicole Kidman to play Black Canary.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Miss Kidman is all wrong for the role. Besides who has said that Black Canary is even in this?

roughrider
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Nicole Kidman is 40, and looks more like a scarecrow every day.
You have unlimited pick of blonde actresses to choose from, in Hollywood.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
If Black Canary were in a Justice League movie, I'd want Jessica Biel.

JediSamuraiMRB
Possible cast.....D.J. Cotrona is Superman
Armie Hammer is Batman
Megan Gale is Wonder Woman
Common(of all people) is Green Lantern
Santiago Cabrera is Aquaman
Teresa Palmer is Talia Al Ghul
Zoe Kazan is Isis.

pr1983
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Armie Hammer is Batman
Zoe Kazan is Isis.

I don't recognise any of those bar common... he might be a passable john stewart...

Kal of Krypton
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
If Black Canary were in a Justice League movie, I'd want Jessica Biel. What?! Your almost as bad as CaptainStoic!

Sure Biel is hot, but she's no Black Canary.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Kal of Krypton
What?! Your almost as bad as CaptainStoic!

Sure Biel is hot, but she's no Black Canary.

Yes she is...Who would you want to play Black Canary?

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by pr1983
I don't recognise any of those bar common... he might be a passable john stewart...

Their basically a bunch of no names. I think WB is planning on spending a lot of money so their using no name actor/actresses.

Ouallada
They should be no-namers, If the JLA movie were to tank, having Routh, Bale etc would simply drag those franchises down too, in addition to the cost.

I saw somewhere that the runtime was estimated at 90mins, which is terribly short, especially since the forming of the league needs to be covered.

I also read that there may be two flashes in this.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Ouallada
They should be no-namers, If the JLA movie were to tank, having Routh, Bale etc would simply drag those franchises down too, in addition to the cost.

I saw somewhere that the runtime was estimated at 90mins, which is terribly short, especially since the forming of the league needs to be covered.

I also read that there may be two flashes in this.

Do you have the link so I read it?

pr1983
i don't like biel as black canary personally... though that said, i don't see many actresses that could do it, none come to mind anyways...

Their basically a bunch of no names. I think WB is planning on spending a lot of money so their using no name actor/actresses.

i won't mind, as long as they remain somewhat faithful to the characters...

roughrider
Armie Hammer is Batman
Zoe Kazan is Isis.

Complete no-names. I wonder how this plot is supposed to work - they get pulled together from different universes to fight a menace?
This is unprecidented, as far as I know - having multiple franchises of the same characters going on at the same time, with different actors playing the parts. Spurning the offers of Bale & Routh to appear could backfire.
Having John Stewart as the Green Lantern should seal the fate of Hal Jordan for good, though. Any future GL movie will be about Stewart, then; just like Samuel Jackson's upcoming appearence as Nick Fury in IRON MAN will seal it in the public's mind of who Nick Fury is, over the Dean Martin-inspired Fury of the 1960's.

pr1983
i honestly think it'll take more than one appearence in a jla movie to count hal out altogether...

they could very easily make a solo gl movie in the future, and my money'd be on hal as the main character...

Kal of Krypton
Yes she is...Who would you want to play Black Canary? Let me do some more looking around, but if Beil had to be a Superheroine, I'd put her as Starfire, from the Teat Titans.

roughrider
Teat Titans.

laughing out loud Yes yes..."Up here, Michael! Eyes up!"

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by roughrider
Complete no-names. I wonder how this plot is supposed to work - they get pulled together from different universes to fight a menace?
This is unprecidented, as far as I know - having multiple franchises of the same characters going on at the same time, with different actors playing the parts. Spurning the offers of Bale & Routh to appear could backfire.
Having John Stewart as the Green Lantern should seal the fate of Hal Jordan for good, though. Any future GL movie will be about Stewart, then; just like Samuel Jackson's upcoming appearence as Nick Fury in IRON MAN will seal it in the public's mind of who Nick Fury is, over the Dean Martin-inspired Fury of the 1960's. They denied Bale and Routh? I thought the actors didn't want to do it? Crazy...it would be better with Bale and Routh.

Kal of Krypton
laughing out loud Yes yes..."Up here, Michael! Eyes up!" lol, wtf?

JediSamuraiMRB
Megan Gale has been confirmed...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34935

hugekent
Hmmm so they are going looks over acting skills. Although Gale is no where near how I picture a real life Wonderwoman.

roughrider
lol, wtf?

It's from the show 'Arrested Development' - Judy Greer's ditzy character gets a large boob job, and constantly flashes them at people like Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman). But when he tries to talk seriously to her, if he's not looking at her face, she always corrects him by pointing at her eyes - "Up here, Michael!" big grin

pr1983

she looks the part... maybe she'll be able to act, who knows...

roughrider
I bet this will be called JUSTICE LEAGUE, not JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, to sell better overseas.

Kal of Krypton

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34935 she'll have my attention!

Yes she is...Who would you want to play Black Canary? After a few days tought I believe that the cheerleader from HEROES would be a good Black Canary, but it don't matter because I highlydoubt she'll be in it. (if I knew her name I would say it but I dont watch the show and the searc engines don't work on this comp.)

Kal of Krypton
I bet this will be called JUSTICE LEAGUE, not JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, to sell better overseas. Yup.

Deathstroke
I bet this will be called JUSTICE LEAGUE, not JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, to sell better overseas.
I was thinking the same thing.

JediSamuraiMRB
I believe this will be called Justice League of America.

Val

A supermodel with minimal acting experience? no expression

Christ, my childhood dream of a good JLA movie is already being shit upon.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val
A supermodel with minimal acting experience? no expression

Christ, my childhood dream of a good JLA movie is already being shit upon. Maybe DC is craftier than we realize, and will get a stellar cast for everybody save Wonder Woman, who gets a talentless super model.

Maybe DC's attempting to make this movie as accurate as possible. haermm

Soljer
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
Maybe DC is craftier than we realize, and will get a stellar cast for everybody save Wonder Woman, who gets a talentless super model.

Maybe DC's attempting to make this movie as accurate as possible. haermm

laughing!!
You'd never believe it, but I was about to post the very same thing...

JediSamuraiMRB
Although WB isn't saying it Adam Brody has been confirmed to be The Flash...

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30281

Kal of Krypton
I don't know how I feel about that.

JediSamuraiMRB
I don't know how I feel about that.

You're not the only one.!

Val
God dammit!

*face in palms*

hugekent
I don't mind it really.

SaintSmurph
Meh... Brody's not completely terrible.

Val
Not completely terrible ftw! thumb up

WrathfulDwarf
We only going to need Supes and Bats to the most of the acting. Heck WW is just in for the looks and Flash? no one cares. But they better make a darn good Hal for the part.

Val
We only going to need Supes and Bats to the most of the acting. Heck WW is just in for the looks and Flash? no one cares. But they better make a darn good Hal for the part.
Ermmm....wut?

WrathfulDwarf
We comic book fans are going care about the other leaguers. Movie goers will care more about the two popular ones (i.e. Supes and Bats)

So if they going to promote this film to be a ticket seller they'll go with the most known. Which I'll bet you that Supes and Bats will get more screen time. Flash had his time in the spotlight before. GL will be more interesting. At least for me.

Val
If that was the case why did they pick a nobody supermodel to be Diana? She's more well known than anyone outside of S/B.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val
Not completely terrible ftw! thumb up You, cynic among cynics, actually expected the biggest and most important super hero team movie to be made well?

MattDay
I like the look of that megan gale, very greek looking tbh, right so now they need an awesome flash *cough* ryan reynolds*cough* and of course the 2some have to be spot on

Val
You, cynic among cynics, actually expected the biggest and most important super hero team movie to be made well?
I owned myself, didn't I? sad

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Val
If that was the case why did they pick a nobody supermodel to be Diana? .

All I can say is that it's their project...they make the decisions.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val
I owned myself, didn't I? sad Don't worry. I'm sure they won't have Tom Welling play Superman...

ermm

Val
Don't worry. I'm sure they won't have Tom Welling play Superman...

ermm
You shut your whore mouth!

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val
You shut your whore mouth! But we haven't even tackled the race issue yet!

Likely, they either make the main GL John...

Or they just make Martian Manhunter a black guy with a funny looking head.

Val
Option A sad

SaintSmurph
Hey, so long as they don't have the White Martians as the villains, I'm fine with J'onn taking the bullet for political correctness.

Val
laughing out loud

JediSamuraiMRB
Maxwell Lord and The OMACS are said yo be the villains.

Kal of Krypton
Originally posted by Val
You shut your whore mouth! Tell 'em!

The Flash is my favorite leaguer so Brody better be good, or else he'll kill it for me.

I wonder if Aquaman will be in it?

JediSamuraiMRB
Seems Talia Al Ghul is played by Teresa Palmer.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30318

Kal of Krypton
Talia Al Ghul? How about bringing in some people we actually care about?

Like Lex in his Kryptosuit, and Zoom, or even Capt. Boomerang, or the Penguin?

I really don't care for any of the "Al Ghul's"

Val
Seems Talia Al Ghul is played by Teresa Palmer.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30318
Does anyone else get the feeling they're just contacting random actors and hoping to get a yes?

Next we're going to hear Seth Green has been cast as Lex Luthor.

JediSamuraiMRB
Talia Al Ghul? How about bringing in some people we actually care about?

Like Lex in his Kryptosuit, and Zoom, or even Capt. Boomerang, or the Penguin?

I really don't care for any of the "Al Ghul's"

Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why Talia is even in this. Personally, I don't think that Warner Bros' even knows wtf they're doing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Val
If that was the case why did they pick a nobody supermodel to be Diana? She's more well known than anyone outside of S/B.

Well she an't a nobody supermodel out here in oz that megan gale....

Blax_Hydralisk

She actually looks like she could play the part.

Are super models know for there acting skills, though?

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji

And she looks exotic, being Half-English & Half-Polynesian. That works for Wonder Woman, who should reflect her Greek heritage.

WrathfulDwarf
I think she would make a great Catwoman.

JediSamuraiMRB
I think she would make a great Catwoman.

Yes she would

Kal of Krypton
Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why Talia is even in this. Personally, I don't think that Warner Bros' even knows wtf they're doing. Damn Hollywood, how about bringing in some people who care about the story line and characters over money?

I know I'm asking for the imposible but Hollywood drectors really don't know what the fans want.

Val
I'm sure she's big time but that's irrelevant. Just seems like they picked her based solely on looks which is pretty lame to me.

JediSamuraiMRB
I've been reading that this may be retitled American Heroes. I truly hope that this pure rumor.

roughrider
I've been reading that this may be retitled American Heroes. I truly hope that this pure rumor.

Must be rumour. DC has spent decades building up Justice League as a brand name. Do they want people to think this is a sequel to TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE?

JediSamuraiMRB
Although not confirmed as a major villain, seems Jay Baruchel may be Maxwell Lord...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/841/841306p1.html

roughrider
Although not confirmed as a major villain, seems Jay Baruchel may be Maxwell Lord...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/841/841306p1.html

That is just so WTF???

SaintSmurph
Ugh...

Val
laughing out loud

This is getting pretty funny now.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Val
I'm sure she's big time but that's irrelevant. Just seems like they picked her based solely on looks which is pretty lame to me.

Well she has also been in a couple of movies not sure how good her acting is tho.

roughrider
Well she has also been in a couple of movies not sure how good her acting is tho.

During her time as a supermodel in Italy, Megan Gale made some movies where she spoke fluent Italian. She must have some skills to go with that body.

Val
During her time as a supermodel in Italy, Megan Gale made some movies where she spoke fluent Italian. She must have some skills to go with that body.
She has 1 movie (and a throwaway role in Stealth ermmnone ) that has a 3.7 rating on imdb. Not that imdb ratings should be taken as fact but that doesn't inspire any confidence.

WrathfulDwarf
imdb ratings? lolz!

Val
You forgot your twin.

Kal of Krypton
That is just so WTF??? Tell me about it, finally Hollywood puts some time into makeing a JLA movie and they give us lame villans.

roughrider
Tell me about it, finally Hollywood puts some time into makeing a JLA movie and they give us lame villans.

It's not that, so much as the idea of casting Jay Baruchel as Maxwell Lord. I don't get it. He'd been a scruffball character his whole career - how much are they going to have to suave him up to be Max?

pr1983
i liked stealth... ermm

but yeah, sounds shit...

MattDay
everyone here sounds really confused

Darth Martin
Unless they get Christian Bale and Brandon Routh to play Bats and Supes this is gonna be wierd.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Unless they get Christian Bale and Brandon Routh to play Bats and Supes this is gonna be wierd.

So much as we ALL want Bale and Routh to be in this, they won't. Batman has been confirmed to be unknown actor Armie Hammer while Superman has yet to be casted. I will see this will it comes out but my expectations are really high right now.

Darth Martin
Of course they are. Although I think these kinds of movies are impossible. Instead of doing one great big movie have the individual characters have there own movies first. I could imagine a Green Lantern. Hope they could do a Wonder Woman or Flash too.

DBZ and Justice League are impossible as real live action movies.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Of course they are. Although I think these kinds of movies are impossible. Instead of doing one great big movie have the individual characters have there own movies first. I could imagine a Green Lantern. Hope they could do a Wonder Woman or Flash too.

DBZ and Justice League are impossible as real live action movies.

I agree with you. DBZ and Justice League are way impossible to do. With the casting of these movies, I really think, well with the exception of Chow Yun-Fat, that the cast of these movies will suck. I've read the proposed script for these two films and I must say that I hope their will be a lot script changes to appease the fans and possibly make hit movies.

Kal of Krypton
BRING ME DARKSEID!

nimbus006
BRING ME DARKSEID!

Right out of the gate like that? Would be nice, but I don't think so. We'll probably see Darkseid in a Superman movie before he shows up in a JLA picture.

JediSamuraiMRB
UPDATE: The Justice League of America movie has been delayed until after the writer's strike is over....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6645

Kal of Krypton
Well that was really no news to me. I mean, I assumed that before you posted it.

JediSamuraiMRB
Well that was really no news to me. I mean, I assumed that before you posted it.

Well others may not know it. Besides I think its for the best, because know they can fix a lot of problems that they have.

MattDay
i have an unconfirmed source that routh is in league with the director of being the superman in this as well as in the stand alone, simply because of the struggle of finding another actor to play superman is expensive and too arduous a process... we'll have to wait and see... if its true then get bail in as batman now!

Darth Martin
I agree and I posted this in the Batman/Superman thread in the Movie Discussion Forum.

ersonally I'd rather them make a Batman/Supeman with Christian Bale and Brandon Routh before they make a JLA movie.

This is ho I'd do it.

Batman vs Superman-2009
(Introduces them to eachother.)

Trinity- 2011
(Introduces Wonder Woman)

JLA- 2013 or 2014
(Flash, GL, MM, others)

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by MattDay
i have an unconfirmed source that routh is in league with the director of being the superman in this as well as in the stand alone, simply because of the struggle of finding another actor to play superman is expensive and too arduous a process... we'll have to wait and see... if its true then get bail in as batman now!

SuperheroHype has confirmed, Routh is in.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6652

Darth Martin
Routh is pretty good as Superman but w/o Bale as Bats it's a flop.

Kal of Krypton

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6652 In the words of Peter griffin "FRIKIN SWEET!"

But they could of asked me to be Superman, I would of done it for free.

roughrider

I still am not clear. Routh will still play Superman in the stand-alone franchise( if it continues), but may or may not play him in the JL movie? confused

MattDay
apparantly he's already signed on for the league movie as well, this will become a lot more clearer when they start shooting after the strike because they will have to tell us who is superman... just remember this, didnt routh and bale say they were interested in doing a movie together... think of it as superman and batman + some other guys in spandex... we may still get what we want guys

pr1983

i think i just heard val scream in despair...

roughrider
apparantly he's already signed on for the league movie as well, this will become a lot more clearer when they start shooting after the strike because they will have to tell us who is superman... just remember this, didnt routh and bale say they were interested in doing a movie together... think of it as superman and batman + some other guys in spandex... we may still get what we want guys

The WGA strike may be playing into our favour, as Bale & Routh are already signed to play these characters. I don't want to see different actors playing the same roles in different franchises. This will make the film better, having a feel of continuity.

JediSamuraiMRB
The JLA movie may be in danger, so says Batman on Film...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/JLOF_JL-going-bye-bye_1-8-08.html

Kal of Krypton
Well if waitings whats best for it, it will be worth it, as long as they get better actors and villins.

And they said there's 100% no name cast, does that mean, no Routh?

JediSamuraiMRB
Well if waitings whats best for it, it will be worth it, as long as they get better actors and villins.

And they said there's 100% no name cast, does that mean, no Routh?

Not sure, but I do agree with you, they should get better actors

MattDay
to be honest if routh and bale are on board, that will market the film by itself, because everyone relates to them as superman and batman, which like i said would get everyone going to see it. everyone else will be big supporting acts to these two goliath franchises, to be honest do a film with just these two!

Passione
Okay first off wow 8 pages so didnt read them all.

Is their any updated news about this film.

I mean who will be the main characters?

Any actors lined up for it yet?

I know that Roth and Bale wont be in it. (Which will suck) As people see superman and batman as Roth and Bale.

My opinion is that they should stick to the original seven.
Green latern (john)
Batman
Superman
The Flash
Martian Manhunter (j'onn)
Hawkgirl
Wonder woman

JediSamuraiMRB
UPDATE: JLA movie is in trouble. Tomorrow Warner Bros' will decide what to do next. They will either announce the cast or quite possibly/realistically can it until after the strike.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6685

Darth Martin
to be honest if routh and bale are on board, that will market the film by itself, because everyone relates to them as superman and batman, which like i said would get everyone going to see it. everyone else will be big supporting acts to these two goliath franchises, to be honest do a film with just these two! Batman vs Superman

roughrider
to be honest if routh and bale are on board, that will market the film by itself, because everyone relates to them as superman and batman, which like i said would get everyone going to see it. everyone else will be big supporting acts to these two goliath franchises, to be honest do a film with just these two!

They need this film as a launching pad for the other characters - Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash - to have solo projects. DC & Warner Bros. have been stymied & hesitant to do them. Association with Bats & Big Blue will give them cred for the non-comic fans.

MattDay
yeah i hope they have considered that getting them two first will be detrimental to them bringing in the crowds to see these relatively unknown characters of the big screen, so people can get pumped for spinoffs and a sequel if it does that well

roughrider
They were supposed to announce yesterday if this was going ahead.
They're stalling.
I'd rather have no movie than a lame one. Wait for the WGA strike to end, so the script is right. And have Bale & Routh on board.

Val
Originally posted by pr1983
i think i just heard val scream in despair...
Lulz.

I don't dislike Routh. I dislike Singer for telling him to portray Chris Reeve as Clark Kent/Superman instead of just being his own version of Clark Kent/Superman.

And I pray this JLA movie is canned. Absolutely nothing about it, from the cast to the story, sounds good. I guarantee this would be some Fantastic Four level cheese.

batdude123
What the f*ck is up with the story line? Thanks, but I already read the Sacrifice arc.

JediSamuraiMRB
UPDATE; This movie is officially on hold until after the writer's strike ends...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41010

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>