superman vs captain americas sheild

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
Which is more durable supes or caps sheild.

DigiMark007
I;d say the shield. Though Supes could maybe break it eventually because the shield wouldn't be fighting back. Not sure though.

Juntai
Given the way Thanos slapped his shield to crumbs I'll give Supes the edge.

Symmetric Chaos
OrginalSuperman would get curbstomed (kinda).
PreCrisisSuperman would win.
Current . . . dunno probablty the shield.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Juntai
Given the way Thanos slapped his shield to crumbs I'll give Supes the edge.

Yeah, when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

The only three times the shield has been damaged were Doom with the power of the Beyonder, Thanos with the IG, and Rune King Thor.

No Superman version short of Superman Prime can hurt it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Yeah, when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

The only three times the shield has been damaged were Doom with the power of the Beyonder, Thanos with the IG, and Rune King Thor.

No Superman version short of Superman Prime can hurt it. Thanos has the gauntlet turned off.
He just slapped it.

And it doesn't ask if Supes can hurt it, it says which is more durable.

Can the shield survive a black hole?
Supes can

A sun?
Supes can

Symmetric Chaos

Probably not.

A sun?

Yes

juggernaut66666
Thanos has the gauntlet turned off.
He just slapped it.

And it doesn't ask if Supes can hurt it, it says which is more durable.

Supes can

A sun?
Supes can
Nope he still used the power gem.

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat

Cap shield

LORDSIDIOUS01

Shield

Jax_Jax
supes is way more durable

Redatom65
they've both surved some rediculous things....I'm Superman can break it and all but the the sheild and superman both take about the same amount of sh*t

carver9
the shield

xmeat
supes cant break the sheild period.

TricksterPriest
Don't bet on that. This is Superman we're talking about. If anyone can do it, he can. I know for a fact AS Supes could break it.

xmeat
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Don't bet on that. This is Superman we're talking about. If anyone can do it, he can. I know for a fact AS Supes could break it. yeah hulk couldn't break it that sheild survived an attack from thor lightning bolt plus thor barely bent it as king thor.

Redatom65
well xmeat, can the hulk break the sheild?

xmeat
Originally posted by Redatom65
well xmeat, can the hulk break the sheild? post above

Redatom65
if you look a tthe time the two posts were made they fell on the same minute

UniOmni
No conventional means has ever broken the shield.
There's no evidence to say that Superman is more powerful than the shield, or that a sun or a blackhole would do any better than the countless bruisers who've tried.

Redatom65
well doom broke cap's sheild in the secret wars....

Priest
does people really think superman is more durable than vibranium and adimantium? confused

Redatom65
well keep in mind this material ins't even in DC. We're making a comparison to an actual breathing kryptonian v.s an object. They both are about as durable, i don know if supes can break it. But it's a question of durability. And superman has taken as much sh*t as that sheild has

Priest
well keep in mind this material ins't even in DC. We're making a comparison to an actual breathing kryptonian v.s an object. They both are about as durable, i don know if supes can break it. But it's a question of durability. And superman has taken as much sh*t as that sheild has
yet we seen superman cut more times than not in reguards to adimantium.

Redatom65
that's hardness. I know that sounds weird but when a mineral is scratch it's hardness. Durability is how long an object can last under pressure and heat and what not. So MOE's scale of hardness may have no point here, but my point is just because eh leaves with more cuts doesn't mean he isn't any less durable, he has flesh you know.

breeze85
Well. Both of them have survived pretty ridiculous things. IF we go by ABC logic I would have to give it for Superman. Champion with the Power Gem had to pound Thanos' shields for a while until they started giving in. Thanos, on the other hand, was pretty beaten and battered after having been to a black hole. By this logic we could assume that a black hole can exert at least as much damage as the Power Gem (in certain occasions at least), being able to damage the shield real bad.

Superman has held a black hole in his hands, been to a double black hole and so on.

I know. Don't give too much value for this. It's pretty far-fetched. Perhaps it gives a little indication anyway. Currently, I would go with Supes.

And Superman Prime isn't the only Superman capable of damaging / destroying Cap's shield. Pre-Crisis Superman, for example, wouldn't have any kind of trouble shaping the shield like butter.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by breeze85
By this logic we could assume that a black hole can exert at least as much damage as the Power Gem (in certain occasions at least), being able to damage the shield real bad.

Black holes cannot exert damage.

There are two things that happen if you go into a black hole

1) you die
2) you survive

there just isn't any middle ground

breeze85
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Black holes cannot exert damage.

There are two things that happen if you go into a black hole

1) you die
2) you survive

there just isn't any middle ground

In Comics standard, yes they obviously can. Real life black holes then. Well, there is only number 1. then.

Redatom65
we know very little about actual black holes. They suck up even light. We've never even seen an actual black hole. All we've seen is stars being slowly distored and pulled until they completely disapear. At this point everything about a black hole is theory. We know they're there because of the radiation they do happen to give off

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by breeze85
In Comics standard, yes they obviously can. Real life black holes then. Well, there is only number 1. then.

What I mean is that even in comics a person will either survive or die. One might have to exert a greater % of one's power to do it but the options are still just 1 and 2 (you're fine or you're dead) you don't get beat up by a black hole.

This doesn't matter anyway. Sorry for interupting.

Redatom65
yes, for you see the question is who is more durable the man of steel or captain america's sheild. I'm leaning towards Superman since the other object is just an object. And it must have some distinct chemical formula that can disrupt and even break it.

Symmetric Chaos
And it must have some distinct chemical formula that can disrupt and even break it.

Interesting solution (pun not intended).

I figured it was pure physical durability (ie resisting impacts and such).

Redatom65
well not much on earth can destroy either the sheild nor superman. I mean a supernova would obliterate both of them. so you work your way down to see what doesn't kill him or break it. And in the end I do believe Superman would come out intact longer than the sheild. This of course making sure Superman does have the power he needs from a yellow sun. referring back to my chemical substance solution. It is after all a piece of lifeless matter and formed of atoms and it's alot less complicated than superman's anatomy. The sheild would break sooner than superman. i hope any of that made sense lol

Juntai
What I mean is that even in comics a person will either survive or die. One might have to exert a greater % of one's power to do it but the options are still just 1 and 2 (you're fine or you're dead) you don't get beat up by a black hole.

This doesn't matter anyway. Sorry for interupting. Thanos got beat up by a black hole.

breeze85

This doesn't matter anyway. Sorry for interupting.

Incorrect. Like I said earlier Thanos was the very one who was "beaten up" by a black hole. He survived altough severely hurt.

Redatom65
alot of people specualte alot of reality warping in a black hole. He's lucky he didn't come out distorted in that sense. There could be anti matter and what not in these tunneles. Alot of people think they will take you from one universe to another. So there could be anti matter in there too. lol sorry

Juntai
alot of people specualte alot of reality warping in a black hole. He's lucky he didn't come out distorted in that sense. There could be anti matter and what not in these tunneles. Alot of people think they will take you from one universe to another. So there could be anti matter in there too. lol sorry Superman used to use black holes to perform hyperspace jumps.

Redatom65
lol, wow i haven't heard someone bring that up in a long time superman also use to be friends with JFK

Juntai
lol

xmeat
hasn't supes been hurt by certain laser beams the sheild eats beams for breakfast.

SupaEZE
Superman all the way, he's way more durable

Redatom65
hasn't supes been hurt by certain laser beams the sheild eats beams for breakfast.

once again. He breathes, he feels pain The sheild can not. That is not a test of durability roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos

erm Shields don't breath

stick out tongue

xmeat
bump

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
No conventional means has ever broken the shield.
There's no evidence to say that Superman is more powerful than the shield, or that a sun or a blackhole would do any better than the countless bruisers who've tried.
WTF?

Black Hole > "Countless Bruisers"

Got that chum?

capt it up
any one ever think that maybe superman surviving black holes is PIS?

Validus
Originally posted by capt it up
I'm sure it's crossed the mind of more than a few Superman hating asshats.

masterbruce

anyone who doesn't have complete molecular control surviving blackholes is PIS

but there's really a whole lot in comics that is PIS

capt it up
Originally posted by Validus
I'm sure it's crossed the mind of more than a few Superman hating asshats.
I don't like superman thats a fact does that make me an asshats? ope.

it a fact if superman can survive black holes and black holes are more damaging then any top tier character that he fights then should that not mean any time superman is damaged by ay of his rouges is PIS since he in fact survives black holes?

Nikkolas
The Shield wins.

Thanks to the Vibranium, all energy used on the Shield that doesn't break it is absorbed and makes the Shield stronger.

And Thanos is far stronger than Superman ever was,, except all the non-canon crap.

Juntai
Originally posted by Nikkolas
And Thanos is far stronger than Superman ever was,, except all the non-canon crap. That's debatable.

Nikkolas
You think Supes can pwn Surfer?

Common Marvel vs. DC fight is Surfer-Supes or even Thor-Supes.

Ie. Supes is not on Thanos' level as he is well above both those mentioned. And who is his most common DC opponent?

SpunkySmurph
And who is his most common DC opponent?

Darkseid. no expression

Nikkolas
You win a cookie!

Any particular kind of cookie you would like?

Still, I hope I illustrated my point.

Thanos is well above Herald-level and Supes is only Herald-level at best.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You win a cookie!

Any particular kind of cookie you would like?

Still, I hope I illustrated my point.

Thanos is well above Herald-level and Supes is only Herald-level at best.

Superman has demonstrated far far far far superior strength and durability than most Heralds EVER have. He doesn't have thier energy powers, but what he lacks in those areas, he makes up for it by being so much stronger than them. and all that they can amp thier strength crap aside, which I hardly ever see them do, he is most def herald lvl and in some cases beyond when it comes to strenght. The only herald I see hanging with supers in hand to hand is MOrg. Hell Superman absorbed ALL the power of the Anti Sun in megaddon and just got stronger. surfer absorbed the energy of one sun and went mad.

Validus
I don't like superman thats a fact does that make me an asshats? ope.

That isn't what I said nor implied. You feeling guilty? Were you an asshat to someone and feel bad about it? big grin

capt it up
Originally posted by Validus
That isn't what I said nor implyed. You feeling guilty? Were you an asshat to someone and feel bad about it? big grin

don't think so Happy Dance .

Nikkolas
Has current Superman destroyed a planet in one punch? Because I believe Terax has and he's not the top of the Heralds ladder.

How many supernovas has Supes taken? Or how many planet falls hav eamused him?

Surfer is the strongest Herald. Anything Morg could do, Surfer could do better.

And the sun thing...that has less to do with Superman's powers and more to do with his own natural physiology.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Has current Superman destroyed a planet in one punch? Because I believe Terax has and he's not the top of the Heralds ladder.

How many supernovas has Supes taken? Or how many planet falls hav eamused him?

Surfer is the strongest Herald. Anything Morg could do, Surfer could do better.

And the sun thing...that has less to do with Superman's powers and more to do with his own natural physiology.

First off, Terrax used his energy ax to destroy the planet. not his physical strength. Superman has survived a black hole. Which surpasses a supernova in force. black holes even suck light in crushing even light to nothing ness. Surfer has never been shown to be physically superior to morg. he is better at energy manip. but if the two were to duke it out mano y mano, with no amping, the surfer would get owned hard core by morg.

Silent Master
Surfer has also survived in a black hole.

OneDumbG0
I can't believe anyone is even suggesting that Supes is more durable than Cap's shield. Cap's shield is the penultimate standard for durability. Only three things have been able to break the shield:

Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet
Doom w/ pre-retcon Beyonder's power
Thor w/ Odinforce

The power listed above is about as top-tier as you can get and Superman can and has been hurt by far less. Cap's shield has never sustained damage from anything less than the above. And the continued belief that Thanos only used the Power Gem during the heroe's fight is ridiculous. He throws people into time, morphs them into glass, reduces them to cubes, etc. How the f*ck do you do that with only the Power Gem? The only thing he cut off was the sensory input and omniscience that the IG would have provided him. This thread is a joke.

Tha C-Master
Depends on how we look at durable, one will definitely be around longer. It is kinda unfair arguing a Solar Battery surviving being in the sun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.