Goliath (Gargoyles) versus Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Fight at night in central park!

Symmetric Chaos
Goliath was badass

Cap ftw nonetheless due to his skill advantage and the tendency of Gargoyles from the show never to use thier flight advantage against ground based opponents.

masterbruce
But Goliath was strong and durable as hell!

He could crush solid rocks with his hands and scratch though steel with his claws.

I also think he is in the 10 ton class, at least.

Cap is more skilled, but he'd have trouble dealing with Goliath's toughness and natural instinct.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
But Goliath was strong and durable as hell!

He could crush solid rocks with his hands and scratch though steel with his claws.

I also think he is in the 10 ton class, at least.

Cap is more skilled, but he'd have trouble dealing with Goliath's toughness and natural instinct.

I wonder if Goliath's phisiology is is similar enough to a humans for nerve stikes.

With the shield Cap might be able to over come the durability problem (don't remeber Goliath's speed feats).

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I wonder if Goliath's phisiology is is similar enough to a humans for nerve stikes.

With the shield Cap might be able to over come the durability problem (don't remeber Goliath's speed feats).

i doubt cap will get nerve strikes on goliath without being ripped apart from limb to limb. Cap should stay at some distance, close combat isnt his answer against someone like goliath.

and goliath isn't slow, he's pretty fast actually.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce

and goliath isn't slow, he's pretty fast actually.

That takes away what I thought was Cap's main advantage other than skill.

If Goliath can get around the shield Cap is dead.

TricksterPriest
Exactly how strong is the average gargoyle? Class 1, class 5, anyone have a rough estimate?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Exactly how strong is the average gargoyle? Class 1, class 5, anyone have a rough estimate?

I remeber some of them lifting sedans over thier head with out too much effort so . . .

TricksterPriest
So that's what? Class 5? How heavy is a sedan?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So that's what? Class 5? How heavy is a sedan?

A sedan is about 1.5 tons.

Lifting easily puts them around class 2 at least but I'm sure they have better feats.

masterbruce
Goliath is by no means average...he is the most powerful gargoyle, so I don't think it would be a stretch to say he is in class 10

he is strong enough to rip through solid rock like butter

TricksterPriest
Hmm. 2nd opinion? Though if he's even class 5, Cap might be screwed. messed

Hercules
I can vaguely remember the cartoon, are they still essentialy made of granite even when there "alive"? If so then I don't see what Cap can do to hurt Goliath.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Hercules
I can vaguely remember the cartoon, are they still essentialy made of granite even when there "alive"? If so then I don't see what Cap can do to hurt Goliath.

no they're not granite, they're flesh. But I imagine their flesh to be quite tough as they can rip through solid rock with their hands.

Board Walker
Well, it depends on which stage Goliath were using.

Are we using him pre time skip?

Post time skip when he first awoke?

When he gained the powers of Odin?

Or Finale Goliath?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Board Walker
Well, it depends on which stage Goliath were using.

Are we using him pre time skip?

Post time skip when he first awoke?

When he gained the powers of Odin?

Or Finale Goliath?

no expression

Please tell me you didn't know all that off the top of your head.

Martian_mind
Brooklyn comes in and bitchslaps them all.......

Hercules
Originally posted by Martian_mind

YAY!, who's Brooklyn? confused

Ok, so were talking Class 10, with wings and rock hard skin, Cap's going to have problems I would say.

Don't really know enough about Goliath to say exactley who would win but the odds are stacking in Goliaths favour as far as Strength and Durability go.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Martian_mind

Xanatos decides to help for no reason big grin

Cap is screwed against TheBigG

Martian_mind
Brooklyn was made second in command after he led the other Gargoyle's into pwning a robot that had been bitchslapping Goliath all episode.He was the red one with a beak mouth.

Daredevil1
Cap 7/10.

To skilled for Goliath IMO.

Tassadar
Draw, they stop fighting and team up against Iron Man and Xanatos.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tassadar
Draw, they stop fighting and team up against Iron Man and Xanatos.

laughing

They are almost identical IMO.

Board Walker
Goliath when he had the powers of Odin...was pretty crazy..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.