Han, Chewie vs ESB Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Brumbo
Han and Chewie are in Cloud City when they are encountered by Boba Fett. Han has his normal blaster, Chewie has his bowcaster, and Boba has his flamethrower and blaster. Remember they are fighting in Cloud City and that there is some cover in the halls. Please participate in the poll above.

I personally I believe that with the right thought and flanking abilities, Han and Chewie could slip through with a win.

gun_bandana
rifle raygun

Blaxican
If all Boba has is his Blaster and Flamethrower then the duo win.

Darth Brumbo
And if Boba had more weaponry such as....

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Brumbo
And if Boba had more weaponry such as....
His jetpack, grappling hook, rockets, and many other weapons.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett#Physical_appearance

Look at the weapons section.

Anyways, Boba fought Han and Leia in DE, DE Leia has to be about on Chewie's level, and I can't remember for certain but eitehr he was winning or it was a tie before Chewie snuck up behind Fett and attacked him. And, if I remember correctly, all Boba used then was his blaster. Anyways, DE Boba is probably only a little stronger than ESB Boba so with his blaster and flamethrower only he would maybe lose, with all his gear he wins for sure.

jollyjim311
Boba, that's one of Bobas lowest showings in DE. If we take what we've seen of him in other places, the duo is toast ten times over.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Boba, that's one of Bobas lowest showings in DE. If we take what we've seen of him in other places, the duo is toast ten times over.
What makes you say that it's one of his lowest showings?

jollyjim311
Chewie sneaking up on Boba Fett?

He has heard a whisper from a hundred meters away while riding a speeder bike.
His gun has disintegrated people down to the bone.
He has been shot at with heavy repeating rifles with no luck.
He gave Vader a decent fight.

And you say that DE potrayed Boba as it should have?
We could account the inconsistency to bad luck on Bobas part and good luck on the others, if you want, seeing as how it did happen, but, it was an isolated incident. It probably wouldn't happen again.

Spidervlad
He fought Vader twice, and survived well. In fact, in the battle on the lava planet which I can't remember, the time when Vader and him were fighting over the special box, Fett had a chance to kill Vader, but chose not too because he knew the Emperor wouldn't let him get away with it. Fett even fought Vader using a lightsaber!

Fett takes this one easily.

kamikz
Vader didn't use the force in those fights. The moment he did, the battle was over.

And the "Fett chose not to kill Vader because of the empire's wrath" etc, is only wikipedia's saying. Boba just runs for his life in the actual comic.....

jollyjim311
No, he did choose not to kill him because the whole Empire would be after him. However, he was only ever given one chance to shoot Vader (and maybe Fett only thought he could kill Vader) because Vader was busy, Fett had been running away like Hell, Vader didn't use the force (when he did Boba was beat), and Vader was trying to get that box. Also, Vader comments on how he wishes Fett would be more of a contest earlier.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think it is fair to say that Han and Chewie win.

jollyjim311
They can't get through his armor.

Spidervlad
No, he did choose not to kill him because the whole Empire would be after him. However, he was only ever given one chance to shoot Vader (and maybe Fett only thought he could kill Vader) because Vader was busy, Fett had been running away like Hell, Vader didn't use the force (when he did Boba was beat), and Vader was trying to get that box. Also, Vader comments on how he wishes Fett would be more of a contest earlier.

Vader is an arrogant fool, lets face it. Quoting his opinion means nothing. And on their second battle when Fett took out a lightsaber, which amazed Vader, I do not remember Fett being pwned by Vader's force.

And even if Fett was pwned by the force, if Fett wasn't beat by a lightsaber of a sith, who use the force to sense where to swing the lightsaber, then how will he be beat by Han and Chewbacca?

Count Makashi
Boba Fett with all of his weaponry, and prepared, defeats Han and Chewie, he is just better skilled.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Vader is an arrogant fool, lets face it. Quoting his opinion means nothing.

Yet quoting wikipedia means something? I'd take vader's opinion before some nerd on WIkipedia...

kamikz

Only opinions of people show that "Fett could have killed him, but chose not to" etc. No one says that in that event, and we know Vader can defend against shots with the force, leaving himself unscratched anyway....

jollyjim311
I know. Vader had Fett beat. The only time Fett had a chance was when Vader wasn't even paying attention.

When was the lightsaber fight, Spidervlad?

Spidervlad
In Star Wars Tales, when Fett tried to track Han down and found himself on Tatooine. Fett put a trap for Solo but Vader came in and ruined it, Vader wanted to take Solo by force but Fett wanted the bounty for himself. I think Han got immobilized because of the trap, I don't remember now. So while he was immobilized, they fought and then the trap broke or something and Solo escaped. Vader almost killed Fett if Fett didn't take out a lightsaber, but Vader later retreated because he wanted to get Solo more than killing Fett.

Originally posted by Blaxican
Yet quoting wikipedia means something? I'd take vader's opinion before some nerd on WIkipedia...

Noob, watch your pie hole. I read the one where Fett fought Vader with a lightsaber a long time ago.

jollyjim311
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=160&page=108
(Click the next button)

Is that the "Fight"?
Because if it is, I'm not even sure it's valid as a source, and we just see Boba give ground and get disarmed in a few panels.

Spidervlad
Hmmm, I'm preety sure thats not what I remember, is there a site where I can download the comic, rather then go page by page viewing? Because looking page by page will take too much time : /

jollyjim311
It's four pages and the exact scenario you described... Man up to defeat.

Jim FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.