Master Chief w/ Plasma Sword runs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Master Chief has no other weapons, only has MJOLNIR Mark VI armor and plasma sword.

1. Punisher with full arsenal
2. Captain America
3. Luke Cage
4. Sabretooth
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Hulk

xmeat
Originally posted by masterbruce
Master Chief has no other weapons, only his armor and plasma sword.

2. Captain America
3. Luke Cage
4. Sabretooth
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Hulk he could beat punisher dont know about the others though.

Symmetric Chaos
Master Chief has no other weapons, only has MJOLNIR Mark VI armor and plasma sword.

2. Captain America
3. Luke Cage
4. Sabretooth
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Hulk

What are the stats for that armor?

Normal MC would die at Punisher.

Soljer
Not comics. Closed.

Also, the Punisher could probably take him.

masterbruce
MJOLNIR battle armor is a fictional suit of battle armor in the Halo series of video games and novels used by the Spartan II super soldiers, most notably by the series's protagonist Master Chief.

This powerful armor has recharging energy shields, and a head link for AIs' (Artificial Intelligence).

In the 26th century, soldiers have used performance enhancing equipment for hundreds of years, and the MJOLNIR battle armor represents the current pinnacle of military technology. The armor was envisioned by Dr. Catherine Halsey, who realized that no normal human could wear the armor without literally shattering every bone in his body through a horrifyingly violent and uncontrollable chain reaction of muscle spasms; The armor endowed its wearer with a very powerful amplification of physical strength, to the point that a human without surgical augmentations and a lifetime of grueling physical training would be crushed by his own amplified strength. However, the Spartan II Project super soldiers are capable of using the armor with devastating expertise.

The lethality of this system was demonstrated by the Master Chief in Halo: Combat Evolved, when he and the AI construct he was protecting from the Covenant, Cortana, fought their way across a planet-like ring world called Halo.

bigbran
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Normal MC would die at Punisher. Nope... he would flip tank on Punisher... stick out tongue

masterbruce

Symmetric Chaos
I'm so not reading all that.

bigbran

masterbruce

it's quite interesting, but it's your call to read it or not.

xmeat
I'm so not reading all that. laughing laughing

bigbran
it's quite interesting, but it's your call to read it or not. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Symmetric Chaos
it's quite interesting, but it's your call to read it or not.

I read enough to find this.

"The suit is less bulky than its Mark V cousin. This, however, is traded off for greatly reduced durability, as the unshielded suit now only offers minor protection from plasma weaponry and ballistic projectiles."

Punisher spams him with his arsenal to win.

xmeat
i think chief can take frank afterall he did survive the flood.

Hercules

bigbran
Originally posted by xmeat
i think chief can take frank afterall he did survive the flood. And basically take on an entire army...

If I was controlling him...
Frank would be dead in two seconds.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by bigbran
And basically take on an entire army...

If I was controlling him...
Frank would be dead in two seconds.

With a sword?

masterbruce
haha, Master Chief takes out an entire planet of super advanced and powerful aliens only to lose to the archaic weaponry of Frank Castle

what a sad fate...

bigbran
With a sword? The sword was my favorite weapon...

Actually, my second favorite, my first was the sword handle (after the sword burnt out)...
It's actually quite fun.

masterbruce
With a sword?

the Mark VI has adanced shield that recharge very quickly

the suit also gives the wearer greatly enhanced speed and strength

Hercules
Are we not now slipping into the realms of talking about video games?

This is so getting locked!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Hercules

Digi is being lazy and as long as the thread doesn't get out of hand he usually lets them go for a while.

bigbran

This is so getting locked! That it will, but you might as well talk while it's open.

masterbruce

Halo is also a comic.

Symmetric Chaos
Halo is also a comic.

And a novel series.

bigbran
Halo is also a comic. But, do we think of the comic, or the game, when we think of Halo?

Soljer
Halo is also a comic.

So, who wants to have a Goku vs. Carebears thread?

They both have comic books. no expression.

bigbran
Originally posted by Soljer

They both have comic books. no expression. Hmm... shifty

xmeat
isn't halo comics technically sort of part of marvel universe since marvel published it.

bigbran
Originally posted by xmeat
isn't halo comics technically sort of part of marvel universe since marvel published it. OMG!!!

YOU KNOW SOMETHING!!!
eek! eek! eek!

Scary...

Hercules

They both have comic books. no expression.

Carebears ftw!!

Symmetric Chaos
Goku gets hit by a CareBearStare!!

bigbran
Carebears ftw!! Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Goku gets hit by a CareBearStare!! Wouldn't it be wicked awesome if everybody reading this made the thread (there would be like 10 Care Bear vs Goku threads).

I'm making it...

Hercules
Wouldn't it be wicked awesome if everybody reading this made the thread (there would be like 10 Care Bear vs Goku threads).

I'm making it...

Do it! big grin

Birthday Bear can take Goku solo though.

Symmetric Chaos
Wouldn't it be wicked awesome if everybody reading this made the thread (there would be like 10 Care Bear vs Goku threads).

I'm making it...

laughing out loud

I actually almost made it

bigbran
laughing out loud

I actually almost made it Me too... shifty

braz
gets to Venom

SpunkySmurph
OMG!!!

YOU KNOW SOMETHING!!!
eek! eek! eek!

Scary...

Not as scary as a mental visualization of you sitting at your computer saying "Oh My Gosh!!!" with a " eek! " face. ermmnone

Tassadar
Stopped at Colossus, all the others except Venom stand no chance even if MC didn't have the sword.

Tassadar

Normal MC would die at Punisher.

In the Mark 6 armor, MC is about class 20, can sprint at around 60 mph, and has reflexes slightly below Spidermans. He has been trained since he was a child in tactics, espionage, h2h combat, ect. He has been fighting the Covenant War for about 15 years now, and is currently around 40 years old. His bones are covered in ceramic-titanium, and are nearly unbreakable, and he has been genetically altered to be faster, stronger, and more agile than any human can be through just training. The armor is weaker than older versions, but the energy shield is significantly stronger, and recharges much faster. The plasma sword is, as its name implies, a sword of plasma, which is known to cut through titanium battleplate(starship armor) like butter. The only natural source of plasma is a star, so obviously its quite hot.

Superboy Prime
Hmm...there's no way in hell Punisher will be taking out John.

That's a fanboy's delusion.

blind faith
Almost anyone in the gauntlet would win against MC.

Tassadar
Originally posted by blind faith
Almost anyone in the gauntlet would win against MC.

You have that backwards.

DarkC
Captain America? Colossus? What the bloody hell?

blind faith
Originally posted by Tassadar
You have that backwards. How is he going to beat guys like Sabes, Venom, Collosus or Hulk and maybe Cage?

In the Halo-games, MC has trouble pulling away a bomb that couldn't weigh more than a ton, and he can be killed with a shotgun. I don't see how he can take this gauntlet at all.

Originally posted by DarkC
Captain America? Colossus? What the bloody hell?Yep, they are a part of the gauntlet.

Metalmanx

2. Captain America
3. Luke Cage
4. Sabretooth
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Hulk

Am I one of the few people here who actually know real stuff about Master Chief?

He DEFINITELY gets past #5, and the only reason I'm not answering for #6 is because it would be speculation to say whether or not MC's plasma sword could cut through Colossus. Regardless of whatever my opinion is, it's just speculation.

bigbran
Originally posted by blind faith
How is he going to beat guys like Sabes, Venom, Collosus or Hulk and maybe Cage?

In the Halo-games, MC has trouble pulling away a bomb that couldn't weigh more than a ton, and he can be killed with a shotgun. I don't see how he can take this gauntlet at all.
How do you know how much the bomb weighs?

Also, I've had MC flip over a Scorpion and make it go high in the air.
How much does one of those tanks weigh?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Am I one of the few people here who actually know real stuff about Master Chief?

He DEFINITELY gets past #5, and the only reason I'm not answering for #6 is because it would be speculation to say whether or not MC's plasma sword could cut through Colossus. Regardless of whatever my opinion is, it's just speculation.

do you think he can take down the Hulk in my scenario?

Grimm22
Clears the gauntlet in time to get lunch yes

masterbruce
How do you know how much the bomb weighs?

Also, I've had MC flip over a Scorpion and make it go high in the air.
How much does one of those tanks weigh?

those tanks are pretty huge

I would say anywhere from 25 - 40 tons

Grimm22

Plasma can cut through nearly anything

Yeah its cutting through Colossus wink

Metalmanx
do you think he can take down the Hulk in my scenario?

Hulk? Probably not. His healing factor is too strong. Especially if MC is only armed with the plasma sword.

those tanks are pretty huge

I would say anywhere from 25 - 40 tons

The tanks are 66 tons, if I recall correctly.

bigbran
The tanks are 66 tons, if I recall correctly. Well... there ya go... wink

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
Plasma can cut through nearly anything

Yeah its cutting through Colossus wink

Yea. I know what plasma is. But there's been many other instances in the comics where some villians comes at Colossus with some sort of "super-cutting" thingy, and it doesn't work. Which is exactly why I believe it to be speculation to say either way.

Colossus' durability is just ridiculous. Has there ever been an instance where plasma was involved against Colossus that I'm not remembering?

Board Walker
Mc (john) with his suit is class 100+

His speed, reflexes, thought process, reactions, are so fast that everything, lasers, bullets, even elites, are so slow they look like they are standing still.

His bones, organs, body are modified so they are so strong that he can survive a free fall drop from the atmosphere of a planet with minimal injuries.

And you gave him a plasma sword? Do you know how powerful the plasma swords are of the Halo-verse?

bigbran
OK... you edited it...

masterbruce
Where the hell were you guys when I first made this thread...look at the stuff people wrote in the first 2 pages!!

Board Walker
Yea. I know what plasma is. But there's been many other instances in the comics where some villians comes at Colossus with some sort of "super-cutting" thingy, and it doesn't work. Which is exactly why I believe it to be speculation to say either way.

Colossus' durability is just ridiculous. Has there ever been an instance where plasma was involved against Colossus that I'm not remembering?

When the Plasma Swords of the Halo Verse can slice through the Hunter's battle shield, that says some thing right there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Board Walker

His speed, reflexes, thought process, reactions, are so fast that everything, lasers, bullets, even elites, are so slow they look like they are standing still.

His bones, organs, body are modified so they are so strong that he can survive a free fall drop from the atmosphere of a planet with minimal injuries.

And you gave him a plasma sword? Do you know how powerful the plasma swords are of the Halo-verse?

Huh . . . I only knew about the game

In this case he clears it.

Metalmanx
When the Plasma Swords of the Halo Verse can slice through the Hunter's battle shield, that says some thing right there.

Yes, I understand that it is very powerful. If you can tell, I know what I'm talking about in terms of Halo, too. wink

But, like I've said, Colossus has withstood a number of supposed "super-duper-cutting thingies" over the years and been fine.

Disclaimer: While I know that Pyro's flames are not nearly as hot as plasma, his bouts with Piotr shows that Colossus can withstand EXTREME heat. His upper limit for heat exposure is unknown, which is why I say it's speculation.

Until I see Colossus get cut down by plasma, it's just hard to say. You know what I mean?

Board Walker
Yes, I understand that it is very powerful. If you can tell, I know what I'm talking about in terms of Halo, too. wink

But, like I've said, Colossus has withstood a number of supposed "super-duper-cutting thingies" over the years and been fine.

Disclaimer: While I know that Pyro's flames are not nearly as hot as plasma, his bouts with Piotr shows that Colossus can withstand EXTREME heat. His upper limit for heat exposure is unknown, which is why I say it's speculation.

Until I see Colossus get cut down by plasma, it's just hard to say. You know what I mean?

The Hunter's plasma shields, the metal they are forged from is akin to adamantium of Marvel, and if a plasma sword can cut it, then well...

That and John wouldn't need to use the Plasma shield to take down Collosus, he could engage him in melee and Knock him out.

Nikkolas
Captain America wins. "Sons" him and it's over.

If you think otherwise, you hate freedom.

Metalmanx
The Hunter's plasma shields, the metal they are forged from is akin to adamantium of Marvel, and if a plasma sword can cut it, then well...

That and John wouldn't need to use the Plasma shield to take down Collosus, he could engage him in melee and Knock him out.

No no no no no. no

That I will not agree on.

John is strong. John is fast. John is durable. John has very exceptional fighting skills. John is blah blah blah.

But John is no Colossus.

Colossus' durability >>> John's, even with the armor.

Colossus' strength >>> John's, even with the armor.

Colossus' endurance >>>>> John's.

Melee would be the LAST way John wants to confront Colossus. no expression

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Captain America wins. "Sons" him and it's over.

If you think otherwise, you hate freedom.

Just call me Stalin.

Nikkolas
And Walker, since I'm kinda weary of anything you say, how about some feats to back up what you keep saying? Because, we're all let tto go by your word and your word alone basically. So, feats of him being Class 100 be nice. Or evidence of him having bullet-time reflexes be good.

He's also definitely not a better hand-to-hand fighter than Cap.

masterbruce
MC stabs the Plasma sword into Peter's head and melts his brain into mush.

Symmetric Chaos
Just call me Stalin.

*cymbal sting*

Board Walker
No no no no no. no

John is strong. John is fast. John is durable. John has very exceptional fighting skills. John is blah blah blah.

But John is no Colossus.

MC's strength > Collosus

MC's Durability is to the point where he can fight for weeks with no rest or nurishment, as the Spartans did so.

MC with the MKVII armor and the new shield > Collosus

MC's speed > Collosus

MC's skill/Tactics > Collosus

If MC and Collosus engaged in Combat, MC would tear him to pieces (figuratively).

Nikkolas
You realize we go by feats? I want feats for Chief's strength or speed.

Metalmanx
And Walker, since I'm kinda weary of anything you say, how about some feats to back up what you keep saying? Because, we're all let tto go by your word and your word alone basically. So, feats of him being Class 100 be nice. Or evidence of him having bullet-time reflexes be good.

No, MC is not a better hand-to-hand fighter than Cap. But he would still kick Cap's ass as easy as pie. He's too damn powerful for Steve.

The evidence is in the novels and the graphic novel that came out last year. But I'm sorry, Board Walker, John is NOT class 100 in strength. Sure, he's strong enough to tangle with Elites and flip over the Scorpion tanks, but he's not class 100.

Board Walker

Well it is all in the books, everything I have said.

The falling from the atmosphere when their drop ship was shot down by Covenant fire did happen on Fall on Reach.

The Spartans free fell from the atmosphere, landed, then went on to run X ammount of miles, in seconds (yes under a minute), and finally to combat the waves of Covenant.

The bones, physiology, and organs being modified to the point where they are more durable then any metal is in the book too, its when the Doctor is explaining the process of elimination of the Spartans of which made it through the training.

The class 100 is covered throughly, it explains that John was first trained and then augmented which put him to X amount, then when he grew he doubled, then he was further augmented which again increased it, and finally with the Mjolnir suit it doubled it.

Board Walker
No, MC is not a better hand-to-hand fighter than Cap. But he would still kick Cap's ass as easy as pie. He's too damn powerful for Steve.

The evidence is in the novels and the graphic novel that came out last year. But I'm sorry, Board Walker, John is NOT class 100 in strength. Sure, he's strong enough to tangle with Elites and flip over the Scorpion tanks, but he's not class 100.

So being able to effortlessly throw a 75 ton scorpion battle tank in an offensive manner is not Class 100?

He was punching though the hulls of battle ships.

masterbruce
Sure, he's strong enough to tangle with Elites and flip over the Scorpion tanks, but he's not class 100.

wait, if he can flip over 66 ton tanks, what's to say he can't lift 100 tons?

Board Walker
wait, if he can flip over 66 ton tanks, what's to say he can't lift 100 tons?

I thought they were 75 tons? Regardless hes able to toss them like toys.

Metalmanx
MC's strength > Collosus

MC's Durability is to the point where he can fight for weeks with no rest or nurishment, as the Spartans did so.

MC's speed > Collosus

If MC and Collosus engaged in Combat, MC would tear him to pieces (figuratively).

Damn. And I here I thought were were going to agree on this match. sad

What proof do you have to go by to say that John is stronger than Colossus? Because, unless you know something I don't, John is nowhere near the same level in strength as Colossus.

Colossus doesn't need to eat/drink/sleep/breathe/rest. As good as John is, he's outclassed in the endurance/stamina category.

And it's not like MC completely outclasses Colossus in fighting skills either. Yes, MC is better. But not by leaps and bounds. Hell, not even a full leap. Colossus is an exceptional martial artist as well, having learned under Wolverine, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler.

Master Chief is faster. But Colossus is not slow either. He actually has low-end superhuman speed and reaction time when transformed.

Like I said before, melee would be the last thing John wants to do against Colossus. Colossus would literally just crush him. erm

Nikkolas
Because 66 tons is not 100 tons.

Nikkolas
The Thing wins. He's stronger than Chief. smile

masterbruce
Because 66 tons is not 100 tons.

I'm not saying he def could, but if he could easily flip that weight, it seems likely he'd be able to lift 100 tons.

Metalmanx
Scorpion tanks are 66 tons. And to my knowledge, he never tossed them like toys either.

From what book are you getting this info from, Board Walker? I've got all three books right here in front of me as I type this.

Metalmanx
The Thing wins. He's stronger than Chief. smile

...Where'd the Thing come from?

But under these conditions, MC would wreck Thing. Plasma sword for the win.

masterbruce
I've got all three books right here in front of me as I type this.

big grin funny image

Nikkolas
If Colossus can take MC, Thing can. He's a better fighter, stronger and definitely tougher.

He's faced down people Colossus wouldn't dream of.

Galactus and Heralds, anyone?

Symmetric Chaos
If Colossus can take MC, Thing can. He's a better fighter, stronger and definitely tougher.

Thing is not more durable than Colossus.

The odds of him beating Galactus are about on par with MaryJane's.

Metalmanx

I REALLY don't wanna go at this again with you... sad

But I'll just say one thing.

Wolverine's claws? Have yet to cut Colossus. On several occasions even.

Wolverine's claws? Have cut right through Thing "like buttah".

Take that as you will.

MC would slice Thing right up.

Nikkolas
Yep. Thing's far more durable than Colossus. That's why he faces down top tier bricks all teh time and is alive to tell the tale.

Wolverine's claws cut Thanos.

So...I really don't care about PIS Claws.

He's also knocked down Galactus, sent Terrax flying with a punch, whacked Surfer a good one with his board... Hell, I think he knocked Galactus out.

bigbran
Scorpion tanks are 66 tons. And to my knowledge, he never tossed them like toys either.

From what book are you getting this info from, Board Walker? I've got all three books right here in front of me as I type this. The game... I said it...

Because in the game, I had him flipping those pretty high.

Also, Colossus can take piercing damage better than Thing. That's a fact.

Nikkolas
No, he can't.

Your only basis for that is one encounter with Classic Juggernaut.

If you want to use that argument, I'll bring up the one-two KO Champion did to Colossus.

But, if we look at actual continuous showings, we'll see Thing taking punches from nearly every brick in teh MU and standing.

He took FP Wrecker wailing on him with his crowbar till he got close then KO'ed him with one punch. A power-sharing Wrecker has KO'ed the Hulk in one shot.

Name one brick Colossus has takena punch from (besides Juggs) ?

Board Walker
The game... I said it...

Because in the game, I had him flipping those pretty high.

Also, Colossus can take piercing damage better than Thing. That's a fact.

I'm taking them from the book, it was when he was training, it mentions him flipping the Scorpion battle tanks.

Secondly, about MC punching through the hull of ships, that is when is high jacking the Covenant battle ship.

bigbran
No, he can't.

If you want to use that argument, I'll bring up the one-two KO Champion did to Colossus.

But, if we look at actual continuous showings, we'll see Thing taking punches from nearly every brick in teh MU and standing.

He took FP Wrecker wailing on him with his crowbar till he got close then KO'ed him with one punch. A power-sharpign Wrecker has KO'ed the Hulk in one shot.

Name one brick Colossus has takena punch from (besides Juggs) ? Umm... I said piercing damage. You now, stab, stab?

I could really give a shit about duribility, since this isn't about duribility right now.

Colossus is denser than Thing. Colossus doesn't get half his face ripped off by Wolverine's claws.

I'm taking them from the book, it was when he was training, it mentions him flipping the Scorpion battle tanks.

Secondly, about MC punching through the hull of ships, that is when is high jacking the Covenant battle ship. Never read a handbook involving MC, only played the game... both games...

Metalmanx
Yep. Thing's far more durable than Colossus. That's why he faces down top tier bricks all teh time and is alive to tell the tale.

Wolverine's claws cut Thanos.

So...I really don't care about PIS Claws.

He's also knocked down Galactus, sent Terrax flying with a punch, whacked Surfer a good one with his board... Hell, I think he knocked Galactus out.

...The mere fact that you seem to think Thing can actually come anywhere CLOSE to holding his own against or even KO Galactus (with some GARGANTUAN plot-device) is just...mind-boggling. And proves that this argument I'm about to present will be futile, because you'll blindly say Thing wins anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, he can't.

He took FP Wrecker wailing on him with his crowbar till he got close then KO'ed him with one punch. A power-sharing Wrecker has KO'ed the Hulk in one shot.

Name one brick Colossus has takena punch from (besides Juggs) ?

Ask and you shall receive.

Gladiator.

Metalmanx
Colossus doesn't get half his face ripped off by Wolverine's claws.

yes

bigbran
no expression What?
"Doesn't"

Metalmanx
What?
"Doesn't"

Sorry, I just realized how ambiguous that smilie is. I think I'll edit it.

I'm TOTALLY agreeing with you, by the way.

masterbruce
Ok, let's get back on subject...can MC beat Colossus?

Metalmanx
Ok, let's get back on subject...can MC beat Colossus?

Unsure. The answer is basically unknown. We don't have sufficient evidence to say whether or not plasma can cut through Colossus.

If it can, then MC wins.

bigbran
Sorry, I just realized how ambiguous that smilie is. I think I'll edit it.

I'm TOTALLY agreeing with you, by the way. Ya, I use that one to showcase a stupid post...

Unsure. The answer is basically unknown. We don't have sufficient evidence to say whether or not plasma can cut through Colossus.

If it can, then MC wins. What if we leave Colossus out, for now, and see how far he would get minus Colossus?

Board Walker
Why can John not knock Collosus out? He fights with Elites which are for sure class 100+. He fights them in hand to hand, he uses his strength, with his superior speed, reflexes, and combat skills to defeat multiples of them at once (he did this with no shields, as his armor was dammaged)

Nikkolas
Proof?

Board Walker
Proof?

Uhm, this is exactly what happens in one of the books, its the one about the story between Halo 1 and 2.

Nikkolas
Colossus' durability must > Thanos' and Onslaught's, then, as Wolvie managed to cut both of them.

'cept, he's done it. Multiple times. He's also knocked Surfer a good one, sent Terrax flying, had Surfer amp himself to fight him....

Hell, the ONLy not good showing Thing has against anyone with the Power Cosmic is Air-Walker.

Glad's power varies on his confidence. Could very well have been weaker when he fought Colossus.

Thing has foguth:
Hercules on multiple occassions
Thor on multiple occassions
Wonder-man on multiple occassions
The Hulk on multiple occassions
Wrecker at full power on multiple occassions

Nikkolas
You missed the part I specifically quotes. You said Elites are all Class 100. That's pretty outlandish and I want proof.

Tassadar

The swords can't cut hunter armor, its specifically designed so as not to be harmed by plasma.

Tassadar
You missed the part I specifically quotes. You said Elites are all Class 100. That's pretty outlandish and I want proof.

Nothing in Halo-verse is near class 100, even the Hunters and Brutes, both of which far outclass MC in raw strength.

Tassadar
No no no no no. no

But John is no Colossus.

thumb up yes

Soljer
Colossus' Strength > Thing's Strength >>> MasterChief's.

Colossus' Durability > Thing's Durability >>> Masterchief's.

Nikkolas
Nothing Colossus has done shows he's stronger than Thing.

Call me when he pulls Namor out of the water against his will.

Thing took shots from Full-Powered Wrecker and a pissed-off Beyonder and Abraxas and Johny's Nova and....so much more it's not even worth going into.

Endless Mike
Why is this thread allowed, Halo is not a comic. thumb down

masterbruce
Originally posted by Endless Mike

um, yes it is.

Soljer
um, yes it is.

So are the carebears.

Neither are PRIMARILY a comic. This should be closed.

Tassadar

It shouldn't be allowed. But it is. Halo has a graphic novel.

Grimm22
MC's strength > Collosus

MC's speed > Collosus

No, John is definitely not as strong as Colossus no expression

However, he is a LOT faster than him

Not to mention he is also a lot more skilled and smarter (think Cap level)

Grimm22

Actually a new ongoing series is coming out in 2007.

Its being written by Bendis

masterbruce
This should be closed.

is it bad for the board? haven't had enough wolverine versus x threads?

Endless Mike
So? Star Wars has comics but it's not allowed here.

AngryManatee

What are you talking about? In the drop they barely survived and some of them died (One Spartan survived because his fall was blunted by falling through a tree trunk, and he suffered internal bleeding that required medical treatment). They had to seek medical help when the spartans hit Reach. Not to mention in MC's one-on-one fight with his first elite, the elite was said to have matched him in strength. His bone structure recieved the most modification, as indicated when the spartans landed on Reach and some of them died because their organs didn't survive the hit. The Spartans are tough but you're putting them up at ridiculous levels.

AngryManatee

2. Captain America
3. Luke Cage
4. Sabretooth
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Hulk

1. Clears
2. Clears
3. Don't know enough about him
4. Iffy
5. H2H would be the death of MC. If he has flamethrower or sonics then it's possible
6. Not a chance in hell
7. Not a chance in hell

Funny thing is I read the novels too, and I don't seem to recall anything involving MC picking up a tank and pulling a Donkey Kong on Grunts and Elites and whatnot. People are grossly overstating his strength, and that of the Elites. If the Elites are so strong then how can they be brought down by rifles? Simple. They're not 100+ strength level. I clearly remember the first novel stating that w/o the armor MC could lift about 3x his own weight (he weighs about a metric ton). With the armor his strength is enhanced, but it isn't to some absurd amount. John-117 is a big guy, and so he can muscle his way around quite effectively, but his enhancements are a little less than that of the Elementals from Battletech. He's big, has immense strength for his size, very high agility, but he's not this 100+ god of a character. Why would they be having trouble with the Covenant if SPARTANs were raising that much hell? Not to mention, what strength catagory would that put Brutes in? laughing

masterbruce
Didn't MC flip over a tank...that'd be over 50 tons

Board Walker
Originally posted by AngryManatee
What are you talking about? In the drop they barely survived and some of them died (One Spartan survived because his fall was blunted by falling through a tree trunk, and he suffered internal bleeding that required medical treatment). They had to seek medical help when the spartans hit Reach. Not to mention in MC's one-on-one fight with his first elite, the elite was said to have matched him in strength. His bone structure recieved the most modification, as indicated when the spartans landed on Reach and some of them died because their organs didn't survive the hit. The Spartans are tough but you're putting them up at ridiculous levels.

Uh no, out of the entire squad, 2-3 died.

Swanky-Tuna
Master Chief wins them all if he rushes with the shotgun and gunbutts them all. Some of you may say "it's called pistol whipping" but what I do is gunbutting and it's powered by beginner's luck and needing to be reminded which buttons do what every time you play. And sometimes during game play. Maybe that's why I kill everything doing it and everyone else dies trying to copy it.

Didn't MC flip over a tank...that'd be over 50 tons
Did he do that a book or something? Or are you referring to the game where you can shoot a warhog 9 miles into the air with a grenade onto a further part of the level?

Soljer
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Master Chief wins them all if he rushes with the shotgun and gunbutts them all. Some of you may say "it's called pistol whipping" but what I do is gunbutting and it's powered by beginner's luck and needing to be reminded which buttons do what every time you play. And sometimes during game play. Maybe that's why I kill everything doing it and everyone else dies trying to copy it.

Did he do that a book or something? Or are you referring to the game where you can shoot a warhog 9 miles into the air with a grenade onto a further part of the level?

Meh, judging by the game, a single shotgun blast at point blank takes him out.

So...

He stops at the Punisher.

ESPECIALLY considering that he has the sword. Everyone knows that the shotgun is perfect against a sword-spammer.

Metalmanx
Colossus' durability must > Thanos' and Onslaught's, then, as Wolvie managed to cut both of them.

'cept, he's done it. Multiple times. He's also knocked Surfer a good one, sent Terrax flying, had Surfer amp himself to fight him....

Hell, the ONLy not good showing Thing has against anyone with the Power Cosmic is Air-Walker.

Glad's power varies on his confidence. Could very well have been weaker when he fought Colossus.

Thing has foguth:
Hercules on multiple occassions
Thor on multiple occassions
Wonder-man on multiple occassions
The Hulk on multiple occassions
Wrecker at full power on multiple occassions

The fact that you think Wolverine being able to stab Thanos is okay is just beyond me.

Of course. Since I said Gladiator HE MUST be weak against Colossus. roll eyes (sarcastic) Well I say he was weak when he was fighting Thing. And he still thrashed Ben.

Fine, you want another one? Sasquatch. And this is when Colossus was still a teen (wasn't nearly as strong as he is now). Sassy was stronger than Piotr at the time, and Colossus still held his own and basically stalemated him.

I seem to recall Sasquatch basically toying with/REALLY holding back against Thing and still owning him...

And, like I've already said to you before, it'd be great if Colossus was a permanent member of a four-person team, too. Then I'd have much, much more evidence for you. You can't deny that the sheer fact of the matter is that Thing just has a MUCH higher amount of showings than Colossus. If the Fantastic Four was composed of an always-changing roster, I'm sure our roles would be reversed right now.

Metalmanx
Ya, I use that one to showcase a stupid post...

What if we leave Colossus out, for now, and see how far he would get minus Colossus?

If we take Colossus out? Then he still doesn't get past the Hulk. Hulk's healing factor is too much for even a plasma sword.

Then of course, there's Hulk's strength to deal with.

Metalmanx
Why can John not knock Collosus out? He fights with Elites which are for sure class 100+. He fights them in hand to hand, he uses his strength, with his superior speed, reflexes, and combat skills to defeat multiples of them at once (he did this with no shields, as his armor was dammaged)

Okay. It's clear to me now. We're reading two VERY different series of books here apparently. no expression

Elites are NOT class 100. Please don't turn into a videogame fanboy on us now. sad

John could NOT knock out Colossus.

Metalmanx
Colossus' Strength > Thing's Strength >>> MasterChief's.

Colossus' Durability > Thing's Durability >>> Masterchief's.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. thumb up

golem370
He makes it to Colossus where he can't hurt or put down Colossus

AngryManatee
Uh no, out of the entire squad, 2-3 died.

I said that some of them died. I was giving an example of how one of the surviving Spartans survived due to the deceleration from crashing through a tree, I was not stating that he was the only one to survive. You're making it sound like they landed on Reach as a tissue falls from my hand, which is not the case. The remaining Spartans that survived all sustained injury from the fall. As I stated before, Spartan's are like smaller versions of Elementals from Battletech, except with slightly faster reflexes and energy shields. Their strength and agility are at believable levels for genetically and cybernetically enhanced beings with powered armor. They are not superpowered 100+ ton demigods. To believe that is to ignore other points in the book, such as:

1. If Elites are so damn powerful, then how come the normal marines are still able to kill them?

2. Why should MC be worried about the human-type flood? Does the flood infection alter normal human structure into 100+ ton zombie things with long fingers? It makes me wonder, how strong are the little infection guys that crawl around?

3. With that amount of strength coupled with his reflexes, wouldn't MC be able to run faster or jump higher than he already does (100 tons worth of kinetic force behind his movements and all)?

4. Why would he even need guns with that amount of strength? He could just run into a fray and rip everything apart (and as someone mentioned previously, many of these 100+ monstrousities can be taken down with conventional firearms)

That's all I'm gonna do for now cuz I have classes

Tassadar
Meh, judging by the game, a single shotgun blast at point blank takes him out.

So...

He stops at the Punisher.

ESPECIALLY considering that he has the sword. Everyone knows that the shotgun is perfect against a sword-spammer.

1) Punisher doesn't have the reflexes.
2) Halo shotguns >>>>> Real shotguns>>>>>>>>>>Comic shotguns.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who is this person?? I think he makes it to the Hulk. He then gets his ass taken out.

Board Walker
Okay. It's clear to me now. We're reading two VERY different series of books here apparently. no expression

Elites are NOT class 100. Please don't turn into a videogame fanboy on us now. sad

John could NOT knock out Colossus.

lol im reading the same books (as their iso only one series stick out tongue)

Anyway I think they would be class 100+

Think about it, the book highly details that when John came, they amped him as a child, then when he grew, they further amped him, modified his physiology and bone structure. Then they describe how the first Mjolnir suit doubled his already highly amped strength.

It described that without the suit he was able to bend metal girders (how do you spell them? And punch through Steel) Then with the suit it doubled his strength, speed, etc.

As the Mjolnir improved (now on MK VII is it?) it further enhanced his stats each fold.

His speed, reaction speed, combat skills, tactics, intelligence, etc. Is very high up there.

The reason I said Elites > class 100+ is because if John is class 100, then elites must be more as they were stated to be physicaly stronger.

AngryManatee
too bad none of them are class 100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.