If Batman had been in Cap's postion in Issue 7 would he have quit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Assuming Civil War happened in DC and everything went the same untill the end of issue 7 with Batman being in Cap's place and Superman being in Tony's. What would he have done when all those civil servents tried to restrain him?

Also this is assuming he made it that far so please don't start with all the Batman wouldn't have been that much a dumb*ss. Thank you! smile

Redatom65
well I can see superman being right there with him against Captain Atom who's in Tony's place. that is why civil war wouldn't work in DC. lopsided

Entity
Originally posted by Redatom65
well I can see superman being right there with him against Captain Atom who's in Tony's place. that is why civil war wouldn't work in DC. lopsided

This is also assuming Supes is in Tony's place! cool

SpunkySmurph
He would have either quit a while ago or already realized there were some damaging effects from his opinion.

A.K.A:

Bats wouldn't have been that much of a dumb*ss.

srug

Redatom65
Superman would most likly be right next to Bruce. They don't normally seperate those two nowadays.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
This is also assuming Supes is in Tony's place! cool

Well then he wouldn't have quit . . . mostly because he would be very very dead.

TricksterPriest
Bats would have had a crazy plan and never would have been in that position. He would have punked the pro-reg side. stick out tongue Yeah, he wouldn't have been that much of a dumbass. Because, to quote Borinquake: "Cause he's the god damn Batman." laughing

Entity
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well then he wouldn't have quit . . . mostly because he would be very very dead.

And how many times has Bruce handed Clark his a** or at least been starting to? Also who is the one human or even person in all the DCU Superman has been officially stated as being afraid of?
Also, whose comic is the company named after? I don't think I ever heard them called AC! stick out tongue

Redatom65
we'd thnk AC comics would be after christ comics!

Entity
Originally posted by Redatom65
we'd thnk AC comics would be after christ comics!

In that case DC could be Death of Christ comics! confused

Martian_mind
Also who is the one human or even person in all the DCU Superman has been officially stated as being afraid of?

....Jonn stick out tongue

Entity
Originally posted by Martian_mind
....Jonn stick out tongue

Oh I def think J'onn could beat Clark too but, considering the power he has its just not the accomplishment it is with Bruce.

Thats one of the things that gets me about Clark. So, what he always saves the day, considering all the power he has its not really any kind of accomplishment for him to do so. Its mostly just being a responsible person.

If I stop a puppy from picking on a kitten does that make me the world's greatest hero?

bigbran
Bats would have been like:

"What kind of pussy quits? I'm the f*cking Batman!"

*then procedes to shove his boot through Superman's head

Entity
Originally posted by bigbran
Bats would have been like:

"What kind of pussy quits? I'm the f*cking Batman!"

*then procedes to shove his boot through Superman's head
laughing Sounds bout right!

Grimm22
Nah, it would be like this...

Supes: Wait, a minute, I have freakin super speed, how the **** is this guy hitting me?

Bats:How?

Supes: Yeah how?

Bats: Because i'm Batman

*Batkicks Superman's head off*

Then Batman gains the power of the spectre and takes over the universe stick out tongue

Superguy
Assuming Civil War happened in DC and everything went the same untill the end of issue 7 with Batman being in Cap's place and Superman being in Tony's. What would he have done when all those civil servents tried to restrain him?

Also this is assuming he made it that far so please don't start with all the Batman wouldn't have been that much a dumb*ss. Thank you! smile Batman WOULDN'T be a dumb ass and he'd probably own the pro-regs using whatever came to hand...

Juntai
It would have been an entirely different story if Batman were the center of it.

Superherovandal
Bats actually would lose. He doesn't have that GReen K ring anymore.

srankmissingnin
All you need to know is that Batman would not have cried.

roughrider
Can't see Bruce willingly surrendering. He'd be knocked out, then he'd wake up in a special prison with Clark standing right outside.

marvelprince
Bruce wouldn't be anti-reg in the first place. He'd be in Tony Stark's position

Hercules
Batman: "What do civilians matter to me, MY PARENTS DIED GOD DAMN IT!, I can't hold down a steady relationship, I don't sleep nights, I wear black and I'm deep. Don't you understand, I'M A GOTH!, everyone hating each other and dieing is my idea of heaven!"

Or something like that... wink

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Hercules
Batman: "What do civilians matter to me, MY PARENTS DIED GOD DAMN IT!, I can't hold down a steady relationship, I don't sleep nights, I wear black and I'm deep. Don't you understand, I'M AN EMO!, everyone hating each other and dieing is my idea of heaven!"

Or something like that... wink

... Thats goth not fashion core (emo). confused

Sure they are equally gay but they still aren't the same thing. wink

Alfheim
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I like goth b*tch. no expression

Hercules

Edited... big grin

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Alfheim
I like goth b*tch. no expression

In all honesty... I do like some gothenburg metal. embarrasment

Alfheim
In all honesty... I do like some gothenburg metal. embarrasment

Swedish metal? I love Katatonia, thats Swedish dont know if its gothenburg.

Theres even some Emo stuff I like.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Alfheim
Swedish metal? I love Katatonia, thats Swedish dont know if its gothenburg.

Theres even some Emo stuff I like.

I like some stuff that other people would call emo but isn't actually emo. Most people couldn't name an emo band if their life depended on it... especially scene kids who call them selves "emo". Post Hardcore isn't emo damn it! It's Post Hardcore!

Gothenburg metal = melodic death metal big grin

Hercules
And with one little mistake (calling Goth, Emo), I derailed the thread!

I now have to fashion a costume and go out and fight crime with my new found power! big grin

Alfheim

Im cool with that. I like Hardcore as well, there just seems to be a lot of fronting in that scene...well thats with any scene.

marvelprince
I like some stuff that other people would call emo but isn't actually emo. Most people couldn't name an emo band if their life depended on it... especially scene kids who call them selves "emo". Post Hardcore isn't emo damn it! It's Post Hardcore!

Yup. Nowadays emo is just a throwaway name relegated to whatever bad the kids are listening to. You'd be surprised how many people have no idea what an emo band is.

Alt rock rules

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince

Alt rock rules

Thats not very black is it? stick out tongue Just kiddin I love alt rock.

roughrider

No, I don't see that at all.
Bruce may work with authority on a local level, like Gotham City police, but the bigger the body the less trustful he becomes. This is a guy who kept detailed files on all the weaknesses of his JLA teamates, in case they went 'rogue'. He's as suspicious as they come, and he's not revealing his identity to strangers.
Captain Atom would be in Iron Man's place; Superman I think would try to stay neutral. But if he became convinced this is what the American government wanted, eventually he would go along. It's not in his character to be a revolutionary.

marvelprince
Originally posted by roughrider
No, I don't see that at all.
Bruce may work with authority on a local level, like Gotham City police, but the bigger the body the less trustful he becomes. This is a guy who kept detailed files on all the weaknesses of his JLA teamates, in case they went 'rogue'. He's as suspicious as they come, and he's not revealing his identity to strangers.
Captain Atom would be in Iron Man's place; Superman I think would try to stay neutral. But if he became convinced this is what the American government wanted, eventually he would go along. It's not in his character to be a revolutionary.

I was waiting on someone to pick up on this. At first this is how I'd look at it too, but look at Tony Stark's actions and tell me it doesn't ring like Bruce to you? Burce understands the need for superpeople to be regulated and controlled, thats why he's ensured that he has a way to bring any of them down if need be. A situatiuon like Stamford where heroes recklessness are to blame would only strengthen his resolve to make sure these "heroes" are regulated and controlled. The only thing against him siding with the government is the fact that he would be wary of giving the government the kind of information. But alas what happens is that in the end Tony Stark places himself in charge of the heroes id's. This is what I see Batman doing. He'd feel he's the only one who could take charge of such information, cause no one else can be trusted. He wouldn't trust the government, but rather manipulate them and to a certain extent the other heroes in order to not only place proper restrictions on all the heroes but find out things about them like how to stop them if need be.

WrathfulDwarf
First and foremost...Batman would be neutral in the entire CW.

No way in hell would Batman work with the likes of The Punisher...much less in a rebellion. Totally agaisn't Batman's ethics to work with someone who shoots criminals. Did Batman ever worked with killers before? Sure, he did, back with the Suicide Squad. Even with their methods he still oppose killing anyone. So throw that one out.

Bruce Wayne working with the Government? Fat chance. Any of you remenber Blind Justice? The only reason he trust the government is if Superman still works for them.

There is only person he would put 100% trust...Gordon or Alfred. No one else.

Batman quitting in the middle of a fight? Nah, he would do the logic and retreat his troops to re-organize.

marvelprince
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
First and foremost...Batman would be neutral in the entire CW.

No way in hell would Batman work with the likes of The Punisher...much less in a rebellion. Totally agaisn't Batman's ethics to work with someone who shoots criminals. Did Batman ever worked with killers before? Sure, he did, back with the Suicide Squad. Even with their methods he still oppose killing anyone. So throw that one out.

Bruce Wayne working with the Government? Fat chance. Any of you remenber Blind Justice? The only reason he trust the government is if Superman still works for them.

There is only person he would put 100% trust...Gordon or Alfred. No one else.

Batman quitting in the middle of a fight? Nah, he would do the logic and retreat his troops to re-organize.

If he was in Cap's shoes I doubt he would follow all of Cap's actions. No way in hell does he let Punisher join them.

Also I was sure to say that Bruce would be working the government. He agrees with the need to regulate superheroes but doesn't trust anyone else to handle the responsbility. What does he do? Place himself at the top of the structure.

roughrider
I was waiting on someone to pick up on this. At first this is how I'd look at it too, but look at Tony Stark's actions and tell me it doesn't ring like Bruce to you? Burce understands the need for superpeople to be regulated and controlled, thats why he's ensured that he has a way to bring any of them down if need be. A situatiuon like Stamford where heroes recklessness are to blame would only strengthen his resolve to make sure these "heroes" are regulated and controlled. The only thing against him siding with the government is the fact that he would be wary of giving the government the kind of information. But alas what happens is that in the end Tony Stark places himself in charge of the heroes id's. This is what I see Batman doing. He'd feel he's the only one who could take charge of such information, cause no one else can be trusted. He wouldn't trust the government, but rather manipulate them and to a certain extent the other heroes in order to not only place proper restrictions on all the heroes but find out things about them like how to stop them if need be.

Everything you say sounds plausible. But Bruce would not go as far as Tony.
He'd take the job of watching and regulating other heroes, but wouldn't want to answer to others. He'd want layers and buffers between himself and the administration - maybe even request all communication go through Jim Gordon, as his liason.
I think of Mark Wahlberg's line from THE DEPARTED, when he describes how he deals with outside agencies: "My theory about Feds is, treat 'em like mushrooms. Feed them s**t and keep 'em in the dark." laughing out loud
That's Bruce right there.

marvelprince
Originally posted by roughrider
Everything you say sounds plausible. But Bruce would not go as far as Tony.
He'd take the job of watching and regulating other heroes, but wouldn't want to answer to others. He'd want layers and buffers between himself and the administration - maybe even request all communication go through Jim Gordon, as his liason.
I think of Mark Wahlberg's line from THE DEPARTED, when he describes how he deals with outside agencies: "My theory about Feds is, treat 'em like mushrooms. Feed them s**t and keep 'em in the dark." laughing out loud
That's Bruce right there.

No I agree. Thats why I'm careful to say that he works the government not works for. He merely sees them as a means to an end and that end is his knowledge of the abilities of all registered heroes therefore a means to stop them. He wouldn't make some of the choices Tony made but I can see him being just as ruthless, maybe more manipulative but with the end result (him in charge) being the same

LORDSIDIOUS01

I agree with you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.