Horcruxes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eezy45
Okay, so.. I didn't find a senseful thread about horcruxes on this forum, and I thought it actually to be quite an important topic for the evolution of the series (or the last book).
There are some questions which came to me while reading book 6. (It sucked anyway.)

Still, first of all i wondered who R.A.B. is. I heard from a friend that it is guessed that Sirius' Brother Regulus (A.?) Black was the one who destroyed the horcrux.

This, again, leads to the question if R.A.B. found more horcruxes. How could it be possible to find the other horcruxes? What might they be? How many are there left? And how the heck should Harry bring that to an end when even Dumbledore isn't able to get -one- lousy horcrux?

Greetings big grin

The Phantom
Originally posted by eezy45
Okay, so.. I didn't find a senseful thread about horcruxes on this forum, and I thought it actually to be quite an important topic for the evolution of the series (or the last book).
There are some questions which came to me while reading book 6. (It sucked anyway.)

Still, first of all i wondered who R.A.B. is. I heard from a friend that it is guessed that Sirius' Brother Regulus (A.?) Black was the one who destroyed the horcrux.

This, again, leads to the question if R.A.B. found more horcruxes. How could it be possible to find the other horcruxes? What might they be? How many are there left? And how the heck should Harry bring that to an end when even Dumbledore isn't able to get -one- lousy horcrux?

Greetings big grin You didn't search very hard did you. stick out tongue There are a lot of threads on RAB and the Horcruxes. Gotta search though.

Yes, there is a lot of speculation that Regulas may have been R.A.B. (may have because he is dead now).

The "If R.A.B. found other horcruxes" hasn't been talked about though. Surprisingly. And is an interesting theory.

melane
Maybe R.A.B. is Dumbledore.Maybe Dumbledore isn't his real namehaermm

Quest-xx
roll eyes (sarcastic) Dumbledore is Dumbledore. It probably is sirius's brother.

eezy45
Originally posted by melane
Maybe R.A.B. is Dumbledore.Maybe Dumbledore isn't his real namehaermm

and then Dumbledore lets himself get killed after drinking some really bad sort of potion, while he himself must have put it back in since he's got the horcrux in his pockets already.
right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quest-xx
herbdoped

SouthernGirl814
U know what my friend and alot of ppl think one of the horcruxes is harry and that he his gonna have Ginny kill him and she will face Voldemort but I'm kinda against that cuz that wouldnt end the stories right I think in the end it will be Harry and Voldemort and it will be a fight 2 the death but I swear 2 god if Rowling kills one more good person Im gonna strangle her cuz she killed Sirius and she killed Dumbledore wtf whats next that pisses me off but hopefully in the end good will conquere evil

Quest-xx
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
U know what my friend and alot of ppl think one of the horcruxes is harry and that he his gonna have Ginny kill him and she will face Voldemort but I'm kinda against that cuz that wouldnt end the stories right I think in the end it will be Harry and Voldemort and it will be a fight 2 the death but I swear 2 god if Rowling kills one more good person Im gonna strangle her cuz she killed Sirius and she killed Dumbledore wtf whats next that pisses me off but hopefully in the end good will conquere evil

hmm O rly??

H. S. 6

And I thought the illiteracy rates were going down...

eezy45

you actually are right, that's one nasty idea i heard of. but i don't think harry's a horcrux, evidently he didn't intend to keep him alive, and i think he regretted the step he did with harry...

eezy45

SouthernGirl814
Yea sorry bout the literal part when I'm on the computer I really don't care. Also I dpn't think that Harry's a horcruz either I think his wand may be though. I can't wait to find out!

Barker
Originally posted by H. S. 6
And I thought the illiteracy rates were going down...
Hi five! Low five!

herbeyes 131

eezy45
so would anybody go so far to tell us his opinion about this? big grin

Unicor777
Greetings Eezy, nice to see you around again

eezy45
well, yeah big grin hiho..

nice to be around again.

but oh well, this hasn't been a "discussion" really erm

SouthernGirl814
Well the Horcruxes are things Voldemort had in his past so what is one major thing he had in his past think bout it there u go ur discussion is started

melane
Too lazy to read all the posts:P

eezy45
everyone is. so it seems. wink

SouthernGirl814
Im not

eezy45
im not

true.

Well the Horcruxes are things Voldemort had in his past so what is one major thing he had in his past think bout it there u go ur discussion is started
of course, you've got a point there. what was important to him...

have there been any specially named things in the house of his mother?

SouthernGirl814
Well there was the necklace but that is missing or destroyed we arent sure but I think Harrys wand will be a Horcrux

eezy45
Well there was the necklace but that is missing or destroyed we arent sure but I think Harrys wand will be a Horcrux
that would be an interesting artifact wink

SouthernGirl814
yea

JakShadowRaiden
R.A.B. is Regelus A. Black.

As for Horcruxes, anyone willing to humour the possibility that Harry is the last? I'm willing to assume that Harry is the last remaining horcrux, and only Snape knew. After all, did voldemort not say once:

"I was not dead, not even a meanly ghost... But somehow, I was alive."

ADarksideJedi
I think that one of horcruxe the last one will be in Harry's scar since the dark lord put abit of his magic and personally in that scar.What do you think>jm

The Phantom
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think that one of horcruxe the last one will be in Harry's scar since the dark lord put abit of his magic and personally in that scar.What do you think>jm Nope. Remember. Harry getting that scare is a complete accident. It was meant to kill, not be a horcrux.

SouthernGirl814
Exactly that's what I've tried tellin people before

The Phantom
I have a feeling one of the horcruxes will reside in Borgin and Burkes, sold to it by the Malfoys during book two.

ADarksideJedi
That now!It is what Mr Malfoy sold and maybe in book six what Draco took from Borgins or had it there to keep for him to get it back.Either way it is possible that the horcruxes could be in what ever that is.jm

The Phantom
That now!It is what Mr Malfoy sold and maybe in book six what Draco took from Borgins or had it there to keep for him to get it back.Either way it is possible that the horcruxes could be in what ever that is.jm He took the Hand of Glory in book six from Borgin and Burkes.

ADarksideJedi
Ah yes I reallly have to reread all of them before July!Why would the dark lord give Mr Malfoy one of his horx in the second book through when he was barly alive?jm

SouthernGirl814
Yea I see what u guys are sayin so lets see theres so far a necklace, possible horcrux in the dark shop, possibly harry's wand and what else??

siriuswriter
1. Snake - Nagini (suspected by Dumbledore)
2. Cup - Artifact of Hufflepuff's (suspected by Dumbledore)
3. Ring - Marvolo's Ring (destroyed by Dumbledore)
4. Diary - Tom Marvolo Riddle's Diary (destroyed by Harry)
5. Locket - Slytherin's Locket (destroyed? taken? lost? by R.A.B)
6. Something of Ravenclaw's or Something of Gryffindor's - (suspected by Dumbledore)
7. Voldemort himself

My theory is that the sixth Horcrux is Ravenclaw's Wand, which then became Lily's wand, which was "slightly swishy and good for Charms work," Charms being Professor Flitwick's (Ravenclaw Head's) House.

Dumbledore pretty much stated that the only known artifact of Gryffindor, his sword, has been safe in his office for the entire period of time, so he doubted it was a Horcrux.

I pretty much take everything Dumbledore says as fact, as JK says she uses only him and Hermione for exposition, as they are the only reliable sources. I know that there is that one... "My mistakes are just much bigger than everyone elses.." so Dumbledore gets one mistake. Yup. One. Everything else he's said is true. I'm just waiting for the mistake. smile

The Phantom
Ah yes I reallly have to reread all of them before July!Why would the dark lord give Mr Malfoy one of his horx in the second book through when he was barly alive?jm He didn't...Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Yea I see what u guys are sayin so lets see theres so far a necklace, possible horcrux in the dark shop, possibly harry's wand and what else?? Can't be his wand. How on earth can it be his wand?

manorastroman
considering that JK has avidly denied the continued existence of harry potter books after seven, it's fairly safe to assume that harry himself is the final horcrux. how else would she end the series?

The Phantom
Originally posted by manorastroman
considering that JK has avidly denied the continued existence of harry potter books after seven, it's fairly safe to assume that harry himself is the final horcrux. how else would she end the series? HOW THOUGH! Voldemort has had no possible way to make Harry a horcrux. And don't start with the scar, I've already destroyed that theory.Originally posted by The Phantom
Nope. Remember. Harry getting that scare is a complete accident. It was meant to kill, not be a horcrux. See?

siriuswriter
She ends the series by having Harry sacrifice himself. Sacrifice = opposite of murder. Have there be some spell that "catches" Avada Kedavra and "throws" it back at the AK caster but only if the spell-caster will sacrifice himself. Do this with much dramatic flair and writing style. And of course about 700 pages in. Add a funeral, an epilogue. Ron and Hermione name their first kid Harry. TADA!!!

*agrees with Phantom about the scar...* Voldie was planning on killing Harry, possibly to make a Horcrux, but out of a completely different object. He wasn't planning on making a Horcrux out of Harry himself, we know that live Horcruxes are extremely finnicky. Although we don't know how Horcruxes are made, I'm pretty sure the process is more complicated that, mid-SOUL-LEAVING-BODY, "oh I've changed my mind let me channel this enormous amount of energy into something else."

ADarksideJedi
What were you saying then that Mr Malfoy gave Mr Borgins in the second book?Did it you say it was a horcruxe?I am getting abit confuse right now.Can you fill me in?jm

The Phantom
What were you saying then that Mr Malfoy gave Mr Borgins in the second book?Did it you say it was a horcruxe?I am getting abit confuse right now.Can you fill me in?jm It's a theory.

~Pielover~
U know what my friend and alot of ppl think one of the horcruxes is harry and that he his gonna have Ginny kill him and she will face Voldemort but I'm kinda against that cuz that wouldnt end the stories right I think in the end it will be Harry and Voldemort and it will be a fight 2 the death but I swear 2 god if Rowling kills one more good person Im gonna strangle her cuz she killed Sirius and she killed Dumbledore wtf whats next that pisses me off but hopefully in the end good will conquere evil To create a Horcrux requires complicated magic, as said by JKR, and I think also in the books. It would be impossible for Voldy to make Harry a Horcrux in the short amount o ftime he was around Harry.

eezy45
Originally posted by The Phantom
HOW THOUGH! Voldemort has had no possible way to make Harry a horcrux. And don't start with the scar, I've already destroyed that theory. See?

you cannot destroy a theory. after all, you don't even know if Voldemort wasn't about to make Harry a horcrux.. after he died...
ew big grin

glad the thread finally lives.

eezy45
Originally posted by siriuswriter
She ends the series by having Harry sacrifice himself. Sacrifice = opposite of murder. Have there be some spell that "catches" Avada Kedavra and "throws" it back at the AK caster but only if the spell-caster will sacrifice himself. Do this with much dramatic flair and writing style. And of course about 700 pages in. Add a funeral, an epilogue. Ron and Hermione name their first kid Harry. TADA!!!

*agrees with Phantom about the scar...* Voldie was planning on killing Harry, possibly to make a Horcrux, but out of a completely different object. He wasn't planning on making a Horcrux out of Harry himself, we know that live Horcruxes are extremely finnicky. Although we don't know how Horcruxes are made, I'm pretty sure the process is more complicated that, mid-SOUL-LEAVING-BODY, "oh I've changed my mind let me channel this enormous amount of energy into something else."

that would make it a great tragedy, but this isn't what the series is about. this wouldn't make sense for a juveniles' book. i'd like it though big grin

i think the boy will live. but whatever he'll do.. one of his friends will get wasted.

ADarksideJedi
That it is indeed but one of the house's stuff is a hex it's self.The qustion is what?jm

siriuswriter
Originally posted by eezy45
that would make it a great tragedy, but this isn't what the series is about. this wouldn't make sense for a juveniles' book. i'd like it though big grin

i think the boy will live. but whatever he'll do.. one of his friends will get wasted.

And one of his best friend's dying is NOT a great tragedy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SouthernGirl814
He didn't... Can't be his wand. How on earth can it be his wand?

It can be his wand because in the very first book if u pay attention when he is getting his wand he tries like 3 before Ollivander thinks and goes ohh and goes and pulls out a wand very cautiously in a black box that has been there forever it seems like then he gives it too harry and the whole windy dramatic thing happens meaning he has a connection with the wand then Ollivander explains to Harry what type it is and that two feathers were pulled from a pheonix one put in Harrys wand and the other inserted in the wand of Voldemort thats how it can be a Horcrux cause their wands are connected DUH

The Phantom
It can be his wand because in the very first book if u pay attention when he is getting his wand he tries like 3 before Ollivander thinks and goes ohh and goes and pulls out a wand very cautiously in a black box that has been there forever it seems like then he gives it too harry and the whole windy dramatic thing happens meaning he has a connection with the wand then Ollivander explains to Harry what type it is and that two feathers were pulled from a pheonix one put in Harrys wand and the other inserted in the wand of Voldemort thats how it can be a Horcrux cause their wands are connected DUH That... was the stupidest thing I've have ever heard. And just because you said the "DUH" at the end, you fail.

But in other news, Good Old Phantom has a way to make Harry a horcrux thing work. What spell did Voldemort use on Harry at the age of one? Does it ever specifically say? No. It just says a green light. What color does the spell make when making a horcrux? No one knows! Put two and two together. Why else was Voldemort actually very weakened? He just lost a part of his soul!

It's either Harry or Neville.

siriuswriter
That... was the stupidest thing I've have ever heard. And just because you said the "DUH" at the end, you fail.

But in other news, Good Old Phantom has a way to make Harry a horcrux thing work. What spell did Voldemort use on Harry at the age of one? Does it ever specifically say? No. It just says a green light. What color does the spell make when making a horcrux? No one knows! Put two and two together. Why else was Voldemort actually very weakened? He just lost a part of his soul!

You switched to the other side?!? How could you? stick out tongue

The Phantom
You switched to the other side?!? How could you? stick out tongue Well I got the theory in my head in the middle of the day. I mean, it makes somewhat of sense!

The Phantom
Ignore this post.

Neha
Bah,I cant believe that I thought I was one of Hp(book and movies)'s biggest fan at first.

siriuswriter
Ignore this post.

*duly ignoring the post*

I'm sorry. It was just begging to be said.

SouthernGirl814
That... was the stupidest thing I've have ever heard. And just because you said the "DUH" at the end, you fail.

I don't fail I have my theory u have yours its just the way it is I'm not sayin your theory is wrong but I think its just as stupid as u think mine is

eezy45

but this wouldn't make much sense for him, cause if you think about the prophecy, he might risk to "die" later... because he let harry live.. well confused

eezy45
And one of his best friend's dying is NOT a great tragedy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

it's way less dramatic, i'm not talking about ron or hermy. laughing out loud

ExodusCloak
My guess:

1 Voldemort - Technically he's the first Horcrux.
2. Locket
3. Ring
4. Diary
5. Cup - Hufflepuffs
6. Tiara - Ravenclaws
7. Harry - Made into one by accident.

The Phantom
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
My guess:

2. Locket
3. Ring
4. Diary
5. Cup - Hufflepuffs
6. Tiara - Ravenclaws
7. Harry - Made into one by accident. You forgot Voldemort's snake.

ExodusCloak
You forgot Voldemort's snake.

Dumbledore only speculated Nagini was one. Besides I thought Voldemort created the other 5 Horcruxes before he lost his powers. Nagini was only needed after that. I'm not saying it's impossible for her to be one, I'm just saying that to keep two Horcuxes(Himself being one of them) in such close proximity kind of defeats the purpose of hiding them.
Another thing is that he let the snake wonder around. If Nagini is a horcrux it's just not something an intelligent Dark Wizard would do especially one whose afraid of death.

The Phantom
Dumbledore only speculated Nagini was one. Besides I thought Voldemort created the other 5 Horcruxes before he lost his powers. Nagini was only needed after that. I'm not saying it's impossible for her to be one, I'm just saying that to keep two Horcuxes(Himself being one of them) in such close proximity kind of defeats the purpose of hiding them.
Another thing is that he let the snake wonder around. If Nagini is a horcrux it's just not something an intelligent Dark Wizard would do especially one whose afraid of death. But could Harry not see through the snakes eyes before? How else could he have done that?

The Phantom
Could it be that Voldemort was killed? And that the 7th horcrux doesn't matter because it was already used to bring him back? You know, already killed when he tried killing Harry when he was one?

SouthernGirl814
True woow theres soo many possibilities

siriuswriter
Could it be that Voldemort was killed? And that the 7th horcrux doesn't matter because it was already used to bring him back? You know, already killed when he tried killing Harry when he was one?

It took me a little to work out what you were saying smile But once I did, I think I disagree, because after Voldemort tried killing Harry, his physical body was killed... and than he became Vapormort, or the thing that was wandering around, the thing that inhabited Quirrel, and then the thing that wandered in the Albanian forest until Wormtail found it. I think that Vapormort was the bit of soul that inhabited the body that tried to kill Harry when he was a baby, the physical Voldemort.

And then when Wormtail brought him back, it was the soul (7th horcrux) plus some evil spells that gave us Babymort that were regenerated.

Neha

Neha
Could it be the horcrux?

The Phantom

siriuswriter
Yes, we all know about that locket. No one has brought it up in a long time because I believe we were all sure that locket was it.

*has nothing more to say*

*rare, I know*

The Phantom
*has nothing more to say*

*rare, I know* O.o Someone call 911. I think Sirius had a heart attack...

Anyway. Yea. As soon as we heard abuot horcruxes and the locket and found out that the locket was missing it was kinda obvious. Also it helps on the R.A.B. theory. Who else could get into the house before the Order set up besides the owners other son?

siriuswriter
O.o Someone call 911. I think Sirius had a heart attack...

Anyway. Yea. As soon as we heard abuot horcruxes and the locket and found out that the locket was missing it was kinda obvious. Also it helps on the R.A.B. theory. Who else could get into the house before the Order set up besides the owners other son?

Wow, those paddle things really do pack a bite, don't they?

Assuming that R.A.B. is Regulus A. Black, of course. stick out tongue

The Phantom
Wow, those paddle things really do pack a bite, don't they?

Assuming that R.A.B. is Regulus A. Black, of course. stick out tongue Lol.

And of course.

Neha
shrug Didn't know that..

Djinn
smile

Neha
hmm Okay,so,Does anyone think that maybe Dumbledore made his Horcruxes too.I mean not 7 but maybe just 2 or 3?

siriuswriter
No. Absolutely not. To make a Horcrux requires some of the most evil magic there is - Dumbledore explicitly ordered that there be nothing in the school library about them, or anything anywhere in Hogwarts about Horcruxes - anywhere. That's why Tom Riddle had to go to Slughorn to ask about them in the first place.

Dumbledore would never, ever make a Horcrux, just like he would never, ever, cold-heartedly murderr somebody. It is just not possible in his character for him to do something like that. Even if he was less good in the past, and he made one, he would have destroyed it himself by now.

The Phantom
One of them is going to be in Gringotts. They will have to do the impossible and break into it. Why else would she mention dragons in Gringotts and never showed them and left us hanging there. So one of the horcruxes has to be there.

siriuswriter
Thus all the gold and jewels and such on the UK cover. smile

The Phantom
Thus all the gold and jewels and such on the UK cover. smile yes

Neha
smile

eezy45
The locket!

Dragons in Gringotts!

I am fascinated about my thread *learns* yes

It took me a little to work out what you were saying smile But once I did, I think I disagree

Wow, those were some devastating words. sorry, had to say that. XD

eezy45
My guess:

2. Locket
3. Ring
4. Diary
5. Cup - Hufflepuffs
6. Tiara - Ravenclaws
7. Harry - Made into one by accident.

Well, Harry isn't necessarily a Horcrux, is he stick out tongue
He might be, but I think that's some different kind of stuff. He tried to kill Harry, otherwise we would get to know the truth through his own words since he comes back anyway. But he says he had tried to kill the boy to prevent anything mentioned in the prophecy.. I don't think you can make a Horcrux by accident then. He just received some of Voldy's powers.. Have in mind Harry doesn't even have his traits, let alone a part of his personality.

The Phantom
Do you people still think Harry can be one now? It wasn't intentional, as it should have been if it was to make a horcrux.

TheMercurial
Ok, I just want to go on the record before the final book comes out and state that I fully believe the "Harry is a Horcrux" theory. It just makes sense to me. There seems to be a lot of evidence for it and I think that a lot of assumptions made by characters in the book can be taken as misdirection. Afterall, Dumbledore himself said that being as smart as he is, his accidents tend to be somewhat colossal.

TheMercurial
Do you people still think Harry can be one now? It wasn't intentional, as it should have been if it was to make a horcrux.

But thats just Dumbldore's opinion. Who says that that he knows exactly what Voldemort's motivation was?
He himself said that after the first couple of memories they viewed, Voldemort's plans and actions were unknown, and could only be speculated on.

goddess_susu
I KNOW WERE THE LAST HORCRUX IS... Happy Dance I HAVE IT AND IT'S GODRIC GRYFFINDOR'S UNDERWEAR! laughing
jk, sorry, couldn't help it

siriuswriter
I have a baby theory that it's Godric Gryffindor's sword - that that's the thing Dumbledore was wrong about. I dunno, I just like the irony of that. I know that he probably would have sensed the evil magickness of a Horcrux in the office after all that time, but I just LOVE the possibility of Harry searching and searching, and having it be the thing that was under his nose the whole time. That would be so cool.

It would be so... JK like.

smile

phoenixtears101
I think that there is no way Harry could be a horcrux. A horcrux is meant to be something that can't die. Voldemort wouldn't have wanted to rely on Harry staying alive. Eventually Harry will die, even if it's old age. That is why living things aren't good horcruxes. Here's a crazy idea though. What about Fawkes? Dumbledore's Phoneix? A phoenix dies and then is reborn from the ashes. It would be a unique horcrux. I am just trying to think of other things that Voldemort might have used as a horcrux. I think whatever it is, JK would want to keep us guessing until the end.

The Phantom
Originally posted by phoenixtears101
I think that there is no way Harry could be a horcrux. A horcrux is meant to be something that can't die. Voldemort wouldn't have wanted to rely on Harry staying alive. Eventually Harry will die, even if it's old age. That is why living things aren't good horcruxes. Here's a crazy idea though. What about Fawkes? Dumbledore's Phoneix? A phoenix dies and then is reborn from the ashes. It would be a unique horcrux. I am just trying to think of other things that Voldemort might have used as a horcrux. I think whatever it is, JK would want to keep us guessing until the end. o.o Just answer this. How would Voldemort get a hold of Fawkes?

The Phantom
Who's the ****ing idiots who didn't think Harry could be a horcrux and survive? *thinks this over a bit realizing he just made fun of himself... pause... thinks harder...* I said what I said.

Rave X
I was so sure Harry was not a Horcrux. I just didn't think Rowling would ever let him die, and I didn't think Harry would survive Avada Kedavra again, without the protection form his mother. Damn, I was wrong big grin

chillmeistergen
Would have been so much better to let him die, it could have been a really good piece of tragedy writing. Instead it's all it'll ever be, a book centred around a franchise, centred around money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.