Comic items: Their Value in the real world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
o i was thinking of items in the comic books then i was wondering how much they would actually be worth in the real world and how much you would if you could purchase or do to get it.

to value the item use whatever currency you like though preferably US dollars so whatever currency you use have its us dollar value included. or you could any other way to value the item.

Surfers Board i would say 10-20,000 dollars the factthat really only surfer can use it is devaules it, but its great for surfing,

Ego the living planet - 150 camals/1000 digi's

Thor's helmet - $2000

if you think its wrong, than post you OP and add 'any' other comic item to value.

DigiMark007
1000 digi's??

Am I a currency now?

confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR

Ego the living planet - 150 camals/1000 digi's

Not sure what country you're in but where I live selling a sentient (demonstrateably human level intelect or higher) creature is a crime.

HigH ScholaR
yeah you are the equlivant of 150 camal's and only becuase your an mod your place is equal to ego the living planet to us mortals.

HigH ScholaR
well lets say its not a crime

HigH ScholaR
superman's cape $5

SpunkySmurph

Ego the living planet - 1000 digi's

I dunno... Ego IS pretty cool. If I were you, I would price him at more then the worth of just a single smurf.

cool

Symmetric Chaos
Galactus' helmet 72,046,393,0023,348 pesos.

grey fox
Captain Americas Shield - 1 Septillion

America would give up 3/4 of it's country to obtain an 'indestrucatble' metal, just on the possibility they could re-construct it.

HigH ScholaR
whats peso is that a game currency or something, i've heard it before

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by grey fox

America would give up 3/4 of it's country to obtain an 'indestrucatble' metal, just on the possibility they could re-construct it.

but say if they can't

grey fox
whats peso is that a game currency or something, i've heard it before

It's Mexcan , but they use it in Resident Evil 4.

HigH ScholaR
It's Mexcan , but they use it in Resident Evil 4.

see i knew i heard it from a gameembarrasment

HigH ScholaR
superman's cape $5

no objections??!!!

TricksterPriest
It's a cape. The chest symbol would be worth at least 10k. Superman's suit: 25k. Infinity Gems, separately: 20-40K, depending on the gem. Infinity Gauntlet: Priceless HOTU: You couldn't afford it. Flash's transformation ring from the silver age: 50$. stick out tongue Piece of Mr. Sinister after he was blown up: 200$

Symmetric Chaos
OanPowerRing: $6.50

The will to use it: Priceless

NoFate007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OanPowerRing: $6.50

The will to use it: Priceless

25cents in a little machine.

Juntai
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's a cape. The chest symbol would be worth at least 10k. Superman's suit: 25k. Infinity Gems, separately: 20-40K, depending on the gem. Infinity Gauntlet: Priceless HOTU: You couldn't afford it. Flash's transformation ring from the silver age: 50$. stick out tongue Piece of Mr. Sinister after he was blown up: 200$ Actually, Reeve's suit, minus a few items, from one of the Superman movies sold for a million dollars.

The one from Superman 1, which is at the museum in Metropolis, IL is worth even more than that.

Now imagine if Supes were real.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai

*shimmery effect*

eek!

hysterical

The Libertine
Actually, Reeve's suit, minus a few items, from one of the Superman movies sold for a million dollars.

The one from Superman 1, which is at the museum in Metropolis, IL is worth even more than that.

I almost bought the paper from Superman 2 which tells of Zods victory prop. I got to $200 dollars it went for $250. I really should have paid the extra.

SpunkySmurph
I think everybody's really underestimating the price that people are willing to pay for this kind of stuff...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I think everybody's really underestimating the price that people are willing to pay for this kind of stuff...

OK then

ThePowerCosmic
Price: Your first born child or your immortal soul

The Libertine
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Well it went for $250 so..... I might or might not have got it for $260

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*shimmery effect*

eek!

hysterical ?
You lost me bro.

Symmetric Chaos
?
You lost me bro.

Superman in the real world would be really really screwy IMO because the world would get wrecked since it has to obey physical laws that he's not used to seeing.

Endless Mike
What about Doctor Strange's artifacts?

The Libertine
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What about Doctor Strange's artifacts?

Gaudy and tacky

Mindship
Surfers Board i would say 10-20,000 dollars

Okay, in an attempt to treat this seriously, let's take the Surfer's board.

It would be a treasure beyond value for the following reasons...
1. It's an alien artifact created by a tech/science far beyond our own.
2. It's virtually indestructible.
3. It harnesses an unknown / little understood form of energy which can be used for a variety of purposes.
4. It flies.

Now granted, only the Surfer can make use of #3 and #4; but just the fact that it could do those things at all adds to its pricelessness.

Same would hold for Mjolner or a GL ring or a Doc Strange artifact. We might not be able to use even a fraction of their potential, but that the potential is there nonetheless would have the military boys panting like dogs in heat.

HigH ScholaR
yeah i did underesimate i guess, Ok Cap's shield now that he's dead how much would you be willing to pay.

{{QS}}
superman's cape $5

You do know that cape is unbreakable and was made on krypton?

HigH ScholaR
his capes unbreakable.........................since when? (seriously thats why i'm asking)

{{QS}}
Since the Golden Age of comics.It was made on Krypton and was his comfort blanket as a baby.

Entity
How much for Cap's Super Solider Serum???

If there was only one vial of it?
If it was as accessible as illegal steroids?

Swanky-Tuna
Black Panther's/Fantastic Four's/X-Men's/Shield's uniforms. Though I'm half sure Reed made them all.

Lightweight, insanely effective body armor, some with built in computers? One suit could probably go for millions to military for analysis.

Ironman's armors would go for a lot too. The power systems alone could help solve Earth's energy woes.

Antman's size changing technology.

Dr. Midnite's mechanical eyeballs. All the technologies that give people completely functional mechanical limbs.

Validus

but say if they can't
We get adamantium?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.