Oscars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a-k-a-amber
DMC didnt win in anything.....

that was dissapointing

sad

PirateDiva
Yes I Know It Was!!! sad

pyratequeen
DMC didn't win anything! Crap!!!! sad mad sad

-savvychick-
uh oh....

i do believe i just lost a rather large bet................

pirate179
WHAT they didnt win anything...WHAT THE HECK!!! mad
SORRY kinda mad!!! (had to edit out some words! lol)

sailorleo
oh come on, they never stood a chance, the academy's taste is opposite of what the people liked...i swear to god that's what they base everything off of

pirate179
i know they always pick the worst movies...i have stopped watching them when American Beauty had won all of those awards! that was such a wrong and horrible movie, i cant believe it won all those awards, so i have stopped watching them since that! so i guess i shouldnt have expected POTC to win anything! but its just so stupid!!!

sailorleo
pirates got one bitches! the important one!

a-k-a-amber
THEY JUST WON!

pirate179
WHICH ONE!?

a-k-a-amber
oh.... sorry for visual effects

IheartPocky
visual effects!

what are you even talking about, the show is not even over!

pirate179
AWESOME!!!

pirate179
Originally posted by IheartPocky
visual effects!

what are you even talking about, the show is not even over!

idk i dont watch them so when everyone started talking about it i just assumed it was over! embarrasment

IheartPocky
yeah lol i thought they were over till i walked in the living room and they were on the tv rolling on floor laughing

pirate179
lol

pirate179
have they won anymore??

sailorleo
nope they were only nominated for four things.....

pirate179
bummer! well at least they won something and they arent walking home empty handed..

ivebeendepped43
i was gonna say, pirates won! i was totally screaming! way bragging!Originally posted by sailorleo
pirates got one bitches! the important one!

PirateDiva
OMG They Won...I totally didnt see it!!! No wonder my friend txted me saying that they Thanked Gore Verbinski...but she didnt see the category that was won!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Yay Good For DMC!!! W0o0o00o0o0o0o!!! Hey 1 Oscar is good enough!!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
yeah ttly! i was so xcited!!

IheartPocky
they totally deserved it too!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
oh i know! they also thanked Bill Nigh!! lol *sings to Bill Nye theme song* Bill Nigh the Octopus Guy!

pirate179
LOL

Ericadawn
Yeah, I'm glad they won for that, but I was also glad that they lost to Pan's Labyrinth for Art Direction although Pan's Labyrinth was robbed of Best Foreign film!!

And Marty finally won, yay!!!

PirateDiva
lol.....ya it's just the friend that txted me isnt a Pirate fan she just knows who Gore is cause she's the one whose Mom is hooking me up with meeting Gore....which BTW i'm still waiting for!!! embarrasment

ivebeendepped43
i was watching the CMAs and iwas so glad the Keith won best male vocalist, but upset that he wasnt there! kinda off topic.....

PirateDiva
^^Yet he was at the Oscars tonight?! Thats interesting!!!

And Yay....I was super excited for Martin S. he soooo totally deserved it!!! I almost cried when he said can u check the envelope again?....lol!!!

pirate179
martin short???

PirateDiva
Martin Scorsese <----sorry i totally butchered his name! But the director of The Departed an amazing movie!

pirate179
oh! totally wrong person! embarrasment

PirateDiva
it's ok....mistakes happen.....but have u seen the departed? it's such a great movie!

Ericadawn
The Departed rocks!!

Keith Urban wasn't at the CMAs because he was in Rehab for a drug addiction or something, but he's out now and hopefully all better...that's why he was able to be with Nicole tonight.

Pirategirl85
Well actually they did win something for best affects... www.pirates3news.com

http://oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/?pn=detail& amp;nominee=PiratesOfTheCaribbeanDeadMansChestVisu
alEffectsNominee

dhong
Here's something i've noticed on Yahoo Movies there were votes casted on who would win the oscars. The voting poll was almost 100% correct except for the categories in which POTC was in. POTC always have the majority of votes of yahoo users. But curiosly when it came to the oscars they've lost. Here's the link for those who want it.

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/nominees/

the only category in which yahoo users vote was not a mojority on POTC was against dreamgilrs on Achievement in Sound Mixing but only for 3%

tee_pirategirl
I'm gratefull that we got one...that's good enough for now. The oscars standrads are totally opposite from what the people want...in a way I respect the choice awards most of all and surprisingly the Golden Globes more than the Oscars!

I guess GG are more fun and relaxed and the Academy Awards seem a bit fake and formal. I love it and see it every year anyways. I guess because of the excitement and curiosity big grin

Anywho great win! I'm proud. deserved it too! WOOT for DMC!

T.Maria
See im english, and even i know that half of the films that are up for nomination are complete and utter turd lol.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Potc will probably be one of the best loved films for years to come, because it has broke the boundaries that many films haven't;

It has made characters into household names!!!! big grin

Like hansolo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Darth Vader....
People will remember Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann and Davy Jones for a VERRRRRY long time big grin

(Notice i didn't say william turner...but i guess people will probably refer to him as the kid who was played by that elf in lord of the rings lmao smile....coincidentally, another character that will live on in the history of film )

ivebeendepped43
hey, did ne one else notice that in the like Screen Play video thing they showed a tiny clip of Johnny in Ed Wood? i was so excited!!!

katelovespirate
im quite keen to see JD nominated for Jack again in film 3. It would be lovely to see him win, since this character is so well loved. Unfortunately i think you guys are right-- the academy's tastes arent really for the melodramas or the action films, no matter how good. but let's take a cue from Lord of the Rings--- much scammed the first two times around, and the third time around, they swept the house up and won everything they were nominated for. if film 3 is any good at all, it will have a decent shot at getting recognition.

i was delighted that The Departed won--- Scorcese finally got one. lol. it was quite a good film, though i wouldnt have pegged it as the winner.

I was really hoping Leo would win for Blood Diamond. I was so, so impressed by that film.

ivebeendepped43
i was really excited that Martin finally won. he's been nominated so many times its good he finaly got one

Pirategirl85
I know wait until next year's oscar

Pirategirl85
John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson and Allen Hall, winners for their visual effects work on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," might have become Oscar holders, but it looks like they'll have no time to enjoy that state. Some of the group already have a meeting with the film's director, Gore Verbinski, today as they tackle a huge battle scene for the next film of the franchise, "At World's End." The quartet disclosed that the new movie will be bigger than what has come before -- and different: "We're not doing more of the same," Gibson said. "We're going to be doing a lot of invention for this one. We're doing 2,000 shots, which was the amount of shots of ('Pirates') one and two combined."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i72ff675fda9c3c4bf73e94681bf89a38?imw=Y

PirateDiva
W0o0o0oW Thats a lot of Shots....I Hope the Movie is like 4 hours Long!! I would totally sit through it...lol!! big grin

IheartPocky
lol somehwere it said the final cut was 3 hours i think. or not final but.. errr ya know... after they edited the whole movie the first time..

i dunno wacko

PirateDiva
LOL...I would sit through 3 hours too....im just gonna savor every minute of it...cause at the end im gonna cry cause its the last movie...unless they confirm a fourth movie before the movie comes out!!! big grin

IheartPocky
ah if it was 3 hours... i wouldnt be home till like... 5 am! wacko

last year the stupid people didnt turn the movie on till 12:40

PirateDiva
Oh no with me It was funny cause i bought tickets real late...they were showing DMC is 6 different rooms and all sold out! And when i got there my line had already been taken inside and all the other lines were still waiting outside it was kind of funny except for the part where i had to ask a whole row to fill in every seat to make room for me and my 5 friends too sit down....lol! And they started right on time! big grin

IheartPocky
lol we all had to split up

ivebeendepped43
omg!! that would b AWEsome if it was 3 hours!!!!!!!

FistOfThe North
Well POTC 2 beat out Superman Returns at the Oscarsd for best CGI or something. I say it was a tie.

pirate179
i thought POTC should have had it hands down!

IheartPocky
oh for sure, hands down.

PirateDiva
*faints* OMG OMG OMG Pirate179 ur Siggy just killed me with Beauty!!! Thats is such a hott SIGGY!!! I Love It!!!

MINA I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!! big grin

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by pirate179
i thought POTC should have had it hands down!

Hands down. That seems a bit far fetched. "Superman Returns" looked mad incredible, too.

PirateDiva
well i never saw Superman....so i wouldnt be able to tell....But i'm Sure Superman did not have a DAVY JONES and a DAVY JONES CREW or a KRAKEN (all created by CGI).....so i really dont think there was much competition there! Plus SUperman wasnt even Nominated....right? which meant the academy didnt feel it was on the level of Pirates! big grin

jackismyboo
it was awesome on the visual affects i mean you see bill knighy wearing this thing then on the Movie you see him as Davy Jones it's like magic! well it's technology lol same difference. Superman returns didn't look that great him holding his arm up then an airplane appearing, still wont beat pirtaes!

pirate179
Originally posted by PirateDiva
*faints* OMG OMG OMG Pirate179 ur Siggy just killed me with Beauty!!! Thats is such a hott SIGGY!!! I Love It!!!

MINA I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!! big grin

thanks! i fainted too!!! mina is amazing!!!

pirate179
well i never saw Superman....so i wouldnt be able to tell....But i'm Sure Superman did not have a DAVY JONES and a DAVY JONES CREW or a KRAKEN (all created by CGI).....so i really dont think there was much competition there! Plus SUperman wasnt even Nominated....right? which meant the academy didnt feel it was on the level of Pirates! big grin

exactly my thoughts too!

IheartPocky
ive seen superman and its not all that.. the big cgi scene was him and the airplane, but that was just one scene and it didnt make you really go "WHOA! Look at how good those special effects are!" or at least to me haha

PirateDiva
Ya I mean for ppl who dont know any better Still think that Bill Nighy and his Crew all have prostetics on....thats how good the movie looks....they thing it's real!

FistOfThe North
i really dont think there was much competition there! Plus SUperman wasnt even Nominated....right? which meant the academy didnt feel it was on the level of Pirates! big grin

Actually, "Superman Returns" was nominated for an '07 Oscar. And in the same category along with "Pirates II". Pirates had great C.G.I but "S.R." looked good too. There were some crazy shots in it the defying vision. And i'm not talking about the airplane rescue either. On top of which it looked beautiful.

ivebeendepped43
ppssshh! superman. so ove ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.