Struggling Comic-based Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
This thread is dedicated to the characters who can't seem to hold an ongoing series and what not. Name a character who has has been in the shadow of characters like Superman and it shows. What character have writers struggled with. What would you do to help this individual character. This could go for those of you who's favorite character just hasn't seen much page time. Here's to you Kite Man!

SpunkySmurph
Gotta mention my three favourite ladies:

Mystique, Domino and Catwoman.

TricksterPriest
I might get bashed for this, but I think Gambit could be a good character to have a solo series.
Oh, and Deadpool for sure. Dude needs to have his own series again. sad

Redatom65
I need to mention my favorite hero. Captain Atom. He had the best luck in the world in the late 80's and he just suffered throughout the 90's. Here's to a comeback!

Martian_mind
Give Jonn an ongoing dammit

and the Red Hood

SpunkySmurph
Hmm, I forgot my other favourite ladies:

Elektra and Gamora

Then there's:

Nick Fury. Mr. Sinister, Gambit, Joker, and others

Martian_mind
Cable
Winter soldier
Black Bolt
Namor
Cloak and Dagger

.....and a Domino solo would be cool,i guess.

Redatom65
Genis could have avoided an earth bound team and gone with another ongoing series

xmarksthespot
Mystique. Her series actually held quite well though - two years. Sales were about the same as quite a few current ongoings so dunno why it was discontinued.

jasonk3
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I might get bashed for this, but I think Gambit could be a good character to have a solo series.
Oh, and Deadpool for sure. Dude needs to have his own series again. sad

smokin' Both gambit and deadpool are good choices. thumb up

Blair Wind
Take Iceman off the freaking team, give him a his own story, and develop the damn character/powers

as far as most never used character that could use a cool come back? Freaking Spot big grin

Now that would be one nasty villain if someone used him right yes

StarsNeverFall7
I have to co-sign with trickster, get DP away from our savior Cable and let him get back to killing people. Also a gambit solo series would be nice. Iceman too.

srankmissingnin
Elektra, Nick Fury, and Nightcrawler

Grimm22
Thing

Human Torch

Namor

ect..

Redatom65
I agree Nightcrawler's last series got screwed. And right now in Cable and Deadpool, deadpool's been by himself or a while.....

grey fox
Wrecker ! Give him a 3 issue mini !

marvelprince
Well alot of my favs who normally would be on this list have gotten series.

Ant-Man (though he's not Scott Lang)
The Atom (though he's not Ray Palmer)
Moon Knight
Iron Fist

For the future I'd love to read a Luke Cage series and a Roy Harper series.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Redatom65
And right now in Cable and Deadpool, deadpool's been by himself or a while.....

... and it's the reason the last few issues have sucked, and sucked hard.

Hercules
*cough*giveherculeshisownongoing*cough*

Excuse me...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Hercules
*cough*giveherculeshisownongoing*cough*

Excuse me...

Sounds like someone didn't get their flew shot this year. cool

Hercules
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sounds like someone didn't get their flew shot this year. cool

I didn't get my flu shot either. cool

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Hercules
I didn't get my flu shot either. cool

Oh, for Christ's sake, I can't even spell flu? sad

Newjak
The Juggernaut just doesn't get eh page love he deserves even if he is on a team now stick out tongue

Honestly cain should have a solo title. The guy has so much potential as a solo series. I mean just look at him.

He is a man with a troubled past. He is the son of a somewhat neglective father who cared more for money. Was placed in a house with a step-brother who he could never outdo because he just didn't have the power to be better then him.

He goes and joins the Army to escape everything and his brother comes with him. He then gets his hand on a gem that gives him the power of a demonic God. So much power that he can finally get what he wants and no one can stop him.

This guy later goes on to become a self-made monster. He wants to change but his price is that he must loose the power that finally gave him his own identity. And he has an evil voice in the back of his head telling him to give in to his dark desires.

He honestly could go on a cross deminisonal voyage to learn to deal with his inner-demons and learning to harness the powers that has always caused pain for a much nobler cause.

I would read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.