Asgard in Oklahoma? WTF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Straczynski on Thor
http://comics.ign.com/articles/767/767837p1.html
The book apparently come out in spring..what do u guys think?

marvelprince
Read it before and even now I still think "huh?"

I'll give it a shot but I'm skeptical to say the least.

Priest
Originally posted by marvelprince

well, the book is supposed to be "good"
Other than the Oklahoma thing, Im still very excited for Thor's return.

grey fox
Originally posted by marvelprince

I'll agree, but if Thor is screwed over in ANY way....

....Well expect JMS to find a stuffed Spider-man head in his bed.

Grimm22
has anyone else noticed how the Marvel Universe has gone to hell since Thor "died"?

Seriously, the only good thing that has really happened is we finally got rid of the mess Grant Morrison created with those stinking mutants

roughrider
I'll wait, read, then decide.

In case JMS has forgotten, the continent of Asgard is nearly equal in size to the United States, not 10 miles by 10 miles. Will part of it sit in another dimension, along with all the entrances to the other worlds?
I have to see this on the page.

Disappear
the art will probably be great, considering coipel's ****ing amazing.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Priest
Straczynski on Thor
http://comics.ign.com/articles/767/767837p1.html
The book apparently come out in spring..what do u guys think?

I like the idea.

joesha28
Ok... i really did not know where to say this. But i did some research the world comics and handbooks. It is true that Thor was meant to be more powerful than Hulk (he still is), Thor base strength was greater than Hulk. Thor was initially graded as class 95 compared to Hulk's 90 tons (base strength, it increases as he anger). Many of the big guns were class 90. The only characters that stood above Thor was Hercules and Abomination. Yes, Herc was the strongest (saying this as a Thor fan) until both The Worldbreaker and the God of Thunder was upgraded.

Alfheim
Originally posted by joesha28
Ok... i really did not know where to say this. But i did some research the world comics and handbooks. It is true that Thor was meant to be more powerful than Hulk (he still is), Thor base strength was greater than Hulk. Thor was initially graded as class 95 compared to Hulk's 90 tons (base strength, it increases as he anger). Many of the big guns were class 90. The only characters that stood above Thor was Hercules and Abomination. Yes, Herc was the strongest (saying this as a Thor fan) until both The Worldbreaker and the God of Thunder was upgraded.

Sometimes bios dont mean **** at all.

roughrider
Originally posted by Alfheim
Sometimes bios dont mean **** at all.

Yes. Read a comic - Thor, Hulk, Hercules and many others in the '100 class' have feats in the thousands, even millions of tons. Whatever. Those classes are only meant to indicate a minimum, not a maximum.

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by roughrider
Yes. Read a comic - Thor, Hulk, Hercules and many others in the '100 class' have feats in the thousands, even millions of tons. Whatever. Those classes are only meant to indicate a minimum, not a maximum.

They have propulsion feats at that level, but their lifting feats are usually significantly weaker. There are though exceptions, for example Hercules pulling Manhattan and thor lifting a Skyskraper.

Rick/Genis
I loved it when Hercules Pulled manhatten.... that was the most hilarious comic of all time! Where did he get those huge chains!? How do you just "take" manhatten as a hostage?

Soljer
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
They have propulsion feats at that level, but their lifting feats are usually significantly weaker. There are though exceptions, for example Hercules pulling Manhattan and thor lifting a Skyskraper.

Thor's also lifted the Midgard Serpent. A feat a wee bit more impressive than lifting a simple sky scraper.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
the art will probably be great, considering coipel's ****ing amazing.

yes

long pig
It seems to me that the Thor stories that took place in Asgard sucked horribly, but, his stories that took place on earth or in other places were awesome.
So, having Asgard on earth should take care of all the crap like the frost giants and trolls that never made any sense and simply have Thor being an Earth/space hero, like he's meant to be.

But, god, those Asgard stories sucked.....

roughrider
Originally posted by long pig
It seems to me that the Thor stories that took place in Asgard sucked horribly, but, his stories that took place on earth or in other places were awesome.
So, having Asgard on earth should take care of all the crap like the frost giants and trolls that never made any sense and simply have Thor being an Earth/space hero, like he's meant to be.

But, god, those Asgard stories sucked.....

What the f**k? blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.