Ender's Game wanted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackicedragoon
I am hoping they make the book Ender's Game into a movie and hopefully it doesn't turn out bad like Eragon...

dave_kodak
alot of people hope they do, i hope they wont, have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

i haven't.
i would see it if they made it, but the chance's of it being anything near to good like the book(s) is slight to none.

Rambo
I can name just one....FIGHT CLUB. Weather you liked it or not it is just like the book, almost word for word.

Smasandian
I think Ender's game could easily be converted to the screen.

I think it would be awesome.

But Soldier by Paul Anderson is very similiar to Ender's game.

Blaxican
Originally posted by dave_kodak
have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

Lotr, Harry Potter...

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Blaxican
Lotr, Harry Potter... the harry potter movies could have been better, and as for Lotr, ok you got me there.

i didnt know fightulb had a book, i should read it sometime.

Tptmanno1
I've been kinda following this for some time, Apparantly there was going to be one, but I don't know what was goiing to happen.
Back in '03/'04 it was slated for an 06 release with Orson Scott Card writing the screenplay,
But I don't know what happened, I should do some more research about that.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I've been kinda following this for some time, Apparantly there was going to be one, but I don't know what was goiing to happen.
Back in '03/'04 it was slated for an 06 release with Orson Scott Card writing the screenplay,
But I don't know what happened, I should do some more research about that. i know the feeling of that, i once heard something about Matthew Rielly making a film about "The Temple"(in '04) but i have yet to see or hear anything new about it.

as long as the one who wrote it is working on the film i cant see it being THAT bad.
but with the movies that come out now-a-days im not getting my hopes up over anything.

SnakeEyes
have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

More than once actually:

American Psycho
Fight Club
The Prestige
Lord of the Rings
Jurassic Park
Empire of the Sun
A Clockwork Orange
Schindler's List
Goodfellas
Jaws
The Godfather

All great films...

dave_kodak
ok i was wrong, im sorry for being wrong and now i have to go get called a noob for it.

from now on, i will read more books!

and for the record Jurassic Park wasnt nearly as good as the book was.

SnakeEyes
Well, for the record you said "anything near to good," and I would consider Jurassic Park to be at least in that category, if not a bit better. Book was better, but the movie was still a great adaption.

dave_kodak
well the movie was good, but the film didnt stand up to it.

but this is all just my thoughts and if im wrong i can say it, and i was wrong.

office jesus
Ender's Game would just suck as a movie. I can see Disney getting a hold of it and just doing something horrible to it.

Burnt Pancakes
Tom Cruise should be Ender. no expression

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

laughing

Oh man... that would be something.

dave_kodak
Hmmmmmm..... The Evil Emperor Tom Cruise as Ender Wiggin?

in that case, i would go see it. EVEN if, and i do mean this, Even IF Disney got their hands on the script, Which would never happen, and if it does, hey one less poster, and one more computer screen covered in skin, and brains, and blood.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

Nah, rather Beans...

Hypester
Ender's game could be incredible! But I don't kow how they would do little kids floating in 3D believably... the floating in 3D is hard enough, but little kid stuntmen are hard to come by...

ragesRemorse
the harry potter movies could have been better

im just curious why so many people say this. How could they have been better, the plot of every book is captured and conveyed into a seamless story on film. Do you mean the actors?

Gannon
Man i don't want the book to be ruined by a movie. With little kids being the actors, this would definitely take away from the mature and sophisticated feeling of the book IMO.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Gannon
Man i don't want the book to be ruined by a movie. With little kids being the actors, this would definitely take away from the mature and sophisticated feeling of the book IMO.

yeah, but children is a large focus of the story

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Gannon

How would you NOT have little kids being the actors, what with the main character being a little kid and all of his freinds being little kids?

The big EH
they would probally do wat they did for for dune get slightly older people so they could get better actors easily, or they would get alot of reallysmall grade nines that could act, cause holly crap grade nines at my school all look younger than a fourth grader, i even saw one that looked like a 3 grader, definately something in the water, but enders game will be released as a movie adaptation with Orson writing script and screenplay so it will be really close to the book

Gannon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
How would you NOT have little kids being the actors, what with the main character being a little kid and all of his freinds being little kids?
With little kids being the main actors i'm afraid it will turn it into a kids movie, which i feel would ruin the atmosphere of the book.

Now i know the main characters ARE children and because of this the movie could very likely become a kids movie. Therefore i don't want there to be an Ender's Game movie, for fear of it ruining the book.

Blax_Hydralisk
Just because Kids are in it doesn't mean it will be a kids movie. There's no law saying an 8 year old can't act out breaking another kids ribs or killing another child.. I wouldn't really reccomend that, though.

In the end, I'd rather they just made them like adolescents, but DEFINENTLY not adults or teenagers. That would defeat the whole purpose of the book/movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.