best & worst dub anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

M.T. STYLE
what are the best & worst dub anime you'd seen?

lightness
pretty much everything is bad. zoe dolores since they called nohman, norman.

naruto, since they screw up technique names like calling something a jab and clone jutsu.

Hidden Lotus
me thinx naruto dub is shit.

Magee
The naruto dubs are so shit its beyond words.

Hidden Lotus
indeed

Mace Skywalker
Nothing has been dubbed worse than naruto.

Zen2nd
Best Dub: Fruits Basket, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Read or Die TV

Persons response based purely on opinion

Darth Macabre
Yu Yu Hakusho is a pretty good dub, actually. G Gundam, too.

Solo
Cowboy Bebop, without a doubt.

Psyquis52
Cowboy Bebop is an awesome dub. So is Trigun and Outlaw Star.

NARUTO IS THE WORST!!!! And I've seen a few for comparison. I can't stomach Naruto dubbed. It's unbearable.

M.T. STYLE
best: yu yu hakusho, trigun, kenshin, cowboy bebop, trigun
worst: yu yu hakusho (the movie), Princess Mononoke, kenshin ova

Vinny Valentine
Afro Samurai Sucked.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
best: yu yu hakusho, trigun, kenshin, cowboy bebop, trigun
worst: yu yu hakusho (the movie), Princess Mononoke, kenshin ova

Yeah, the Yu Yu movies were terrible dubs.

Jack of Light
Is Yu-Gi-Oh a dub?

The American version is the stupidest, most retarded thing ever. Seriously, they lose a card game then die... In the Japanese versions, I remember them actually playing games that would make you die if you lose.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Jack of Light
Is Yu-Gi-Oh a dub?

The American version is the stupidest, most retarded thing ever. Seriously, they lose a card game then die... In the Japanese versions, I remember them actually playing games that would make you die if you lose.

Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh is a dub...It's terrible because 4kids makes it "kid friendly".

Blaxican
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Afro Samurai Sucked.

no expression

K73SK
eflen lied = pwnage dub...

as for worse, i don't really know...i knew one but i forgot.

M.T. STYLE
excel saga is also a good dub anime.

M.T. STYLE
Inuyasha has to be the best dub anime ever.

lightness
inuysahsa actually got most of the name's right pronounciation wise. except for the tesseiga which they changed to tetseiga.

in naruto, they can't even pronounce the main character's name right.

Black Adam
best: I'd say Cowboy Bebop, samcham, Trigun. and FMA in most places

worst: anything 4 kids really.

I wouldn't consider naruto a great dub. It's not bad either. Sort of meh. Anyone saying it's the worst dub ever needs to listen to some more dubs.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Black Adam
best: I'd say Cowboy Bebop, samcham, Trigun. and FMA in most places

worst: anything 4 kids really.

I wouldn't consider naruto a great dub. It's not bad either. Sort of meh. Anyone saying it's the worst dub ever needs to listen to some more dubs.

Are you telling me that I don't listen to enough dubs? eek!

How many does a guy have to listen to?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Are you telling me that I don't listen to enough dubs? eek!

How many does a guy have to listen to?

dozens and dozens cool

also add in the Ghost in the shell series to the list of great dubs. It's dub and sub seem about equal but the fact that I don't have to read all the dialogue and pseudo science and philosophy is a plus.

Galvaclaw
The Uk Dragonball Z movie dubs are legendary in how appalling they are. Unfortunately Youtube has removed most of the good clips from the site. Some of the name changes include:

Piccolo = Big Green
Kami =God
sayains/Super sayains = Space warriors/Super Warriors/Super space warriors
Dragonballs = Crystal balls
Big gete star = The great gelester.

Add in appalling voice acting and poor dialogue.

M.T. STYLE
british accent = crap dubbing

M.T. STYLE
cowboy bebop the movie

chithappens
Bleach. OMG hands down its Bleach

ensatsu-ken
Best: Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing TV/Hellsing Ultimate (the Hellsing OVAs), Full Metal Panic!, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Lagoon, Outlaw Star, Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Samurai Champloo, Ninja Scroll (movie), Lupin III (the dubs done by Pioneer, as well as the ones done by FUNimation), Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force

Worst: Naruto, Bleach, Samurai X (the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs), both of the Yu Yu Hakusho movies (even though one of them is just an OVA), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Street Fighter 2, certain dubs of Lupin III (Pioneer and FUNimation do a good job with their dubs for Lupin III, most other companies that have licensed parts of the series, and/or some of the movies, have done a pretty poor, or downright lousy, job with their dubbing)

Black Adam
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
cowboy bebop the movie

Troll harder.

Gregory
Originally posted by Galvaclaw

Kami =God

...you're aware that Kami is, in fact, Japanese for god...?

bamboopanda
Meh, dub? Why watch dub when I can watch subbed anime?

chickenlover98
i feel insulted ensatsu about the bleach being one of the worst dubs. frankly i think its a very good one.

Kero_Co
I hate the one piece dub most of all. Not because it's the worst dub, but because it is a godawful dub to a great anime.

leonheartmm
best: cowboy bebop, mononoke hime,

worst, naruto, dragon ball z,

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by leonheartmm
best: cowboy bebop, mononoke hime,

worst, naruto, dragon ball z,

Well, I agree with you on Naruto, but I wouldn't really call DBZ the worst dub. At the very least I have respect for that dub, because the VAs in that had to do more work than in any other anime dub, simply because the series was so long, with so many characters, whereas there were only a handful of voice actors, in that the number of character roles actually outnumbered the number of actual voice actors in the series, by over 2 to 1. Also, IMO, the sub for DBZ is even worse than the dub (although, once again, I don't find the dub to be bad; maybe its not the best, but I listed it as one of them, just out of sheer respect for the effort put into it). Many of the VAs had to play over half a dozen characters in the series :shock: (although some of them were only minor). And, not only did they have to dub the series, and various movies, but they also had to dub many of the games as well, which took months to do (the script was over 600 pages long). I also watched a behind the scenes video, included in one of the DVDs, on it, and it gave me a lot of insight into how much more difficult voice acting is, than what most people might take it for.

Whoops, well I sort of got carried away with that post. However, I sort of felt like sharing my viewpoint in the DBZ dub big grin .

Big Sexy
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
Well, I agree with you on Naruto, but I wouldn't really call DBZ the worst dub. At the very least I have respect for that dub, because the VAs in that had to do more work than in any other anime dub, simply because the series was so long, with so many characters, whereas there were only a handful of voice actors, in that the number of character roles actually outnumbered the number of actual voice actors in the series, by over 2 to 1. Also, IMO, the sub for DBZ is even worse than the dub (although, once again, I don't find the dub to be bad; maybe its not the best, but I listed it as one of them, just out of sheer respect for the effort put into it). Many of the VAs had to play over half a dozen characters in the series :shock: (although some of them were only minor). And, not only did they have to dub the series, and various movies, but they also had to dub many of the games as well, which took months to do (the script was over 600 pages long). I also watched a behind the scenes video, included in one of the DVDs, on it, and it gave me a lot of insight into how much more difficult voice acting is, than what most people might take it for.

Whoops, well I sort of got carried away with that post. However, I sort of felt like sharing my viewpoint in the DBZ dub big grin . Agreed, I also respect the DBZ dub. Didn't several of the voice actors faint in the booth for talking and screaming all day?

Blax_Hydralisk
They fainted?

If so thats just there own stupidity, not a showing of working too hard.

chickenlover98
well i respect the dbz dub, not only because it was the first real anime i watched the entire series for, but also because of the amount of work. besides its not like they casted some big gruff guy for goku, his voice seemed like it was natural.

superkronick92
I liked the dub but Cell sounded like a pedophile

chickenlover98
not really. he sounded cocky. wanna hear a pedophile? look at the old guy on family guy

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Agreed, I also respect the DBZ dub. Didn't several of the voice actors faint in the booth for talking and screaming all day?

I heard about an incident where one of the VAs fainted, but I never heard anything about several of them fainting. It may have been something exaggerated, or it could have just been mentioned as a joke. Well, then again, it could be true, but I wouldn't know. I just know that I only heard about one person fainting on one occasion stick out tongue .

Keollyn
Bible Black. best. Bub. Period.

bamboopanda
Hellsing is one of the best dubbed. I mean, British accents? Very nice.

Mairuzu
Inuyasha dub rocks and Full metal alchemist

Gregory
The only voices I really like in the InuYasha dub were from Sesshomaru's group--him, Rin, and Jaken. The main cast did a fairly unexceptional job, IMO (without being really bad; just forgettable).

I was really impressed with the dub of Howl's Moving Castle; Christian Bale? Heck yes!

King Kandy
Best: Outlaw Star

Worst: One Piece. My God, the VA in that show rip my mind to pieces...

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by King Kandy
Best: Outlaw Star

Worst: One Piece. My God, the VA in that show rip my mind to pieces...

Now that FUNimation has got licensing rights to the anime, the voice acting in the OP dubs have become much better, IMO (except for Luffy's voice, which isn't bad, but somewhat annoying to listen to).

Shin_Nikkolas
Yeah...if you think Naruto is the worst DUB ever, go back to the 90s and late 80s.

Sailor Moon anyone?

Oceans' Dragonball?

Naruto is a good DUB. Stop being fanboys.

Shin_Nikkolas
As for best...

Best: Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, G Gundam.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Yeah...if you think Naruto is the worst DUB ever, go back to the 90s and late 80s.

Sailor Moon anyone?

Oceans' Dragonball?

Naruto is a good DUB. Stop being fanboys.

I've watched over 50 episodes of the Naruto dub, and the only voices that I really like, are the voices done by Steven Jay Blum and Crispin Freeman. Although, Kakashi's, Gaara's, and Kiba's voices were OK, IMO.

Warmonger
Worst. Jing King of Bandits. *Shudder*

Hidden Lotus
wtf does IMO stand for? stick out tongue
never figured it out.... laughing

Shin_Nikkolas
It stands for "in my opinion"

Haku has a great voice.

Also just because you don't like some of the voices doesn't mean they're bad.

Accel
I honestly never had any problems with the Naruto dub either.

I mean, most of the complaints I hear are about Naruto's "Believe it!" (which I will admit is annoying, but it's not like "Dattebayo" was the greatest catch-phrase ever).

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
It stands for "in my opinion"

Haku has a great voice.

Also just because you don't like some of the voices doesn't mean they're bad.

Well, I don't ever recall stating "my opinion" as a "fact." So, I don't see what your point is. Its my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.