Batman & Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy but I love this film. My dad bought this movie on VHS for me about a week ago & I absolutely loved this movie but there still could've been some improvements.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Batman & Robin was the weakest of the originals. Pure and simple.George Cloonet was horrible. The stroy was even more crap. The Govenator was fiar but not lacking.

sindahouse
Dam man, how can u like that flick?? Im not knockin ya dude, but you have to tell me. What do u like about it?? Even ppl who dont follow batman, hate that flick. They all know that, that was thw worse batman ever......... So i gotta know, what appeals to u about this movie?

starlock
well i am a huge fan of the 60's tv show,i admit i liked all the batman movies,i thought clooney was the best bruce wayne(NOT BATMAN), he has the look right out of the comic,seeing robin in the movies was a great kick(even if they re-did the origin age thing)

i dont need realisim to like batman in fact i was not that pleased with batman begins,i cant except bale as bruce or batman...but that is just me

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by sindahouse
Dam man, how can u like that flick?? Im not knockin ya dude, but you have to tell me. What do u like about it?? Even ppl who dont follow batman, hate that flick. They all know that, that was thw worse batman ever......... So i gotta know, what appeals to u about this movie?

Well, first & foremost, I'm a huge fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger & I liked his portrayal of Mr. Freeze (even though there were too many cold related puns stick out tongue). Also, Bane is one of my favorite villains & I loved the fact that he was in the movie. The only thing that ruined this movie for me was George Clooney. They should've kept Val Kilmer, he did justice to the role of both Bruce Wayne & Batman (at least in my opinion).

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by starlock
well i am a huge fan of the 60's tv show,i admit i liked all the batman movies,i thought clooney was the best bruce wayne(NOT BATMAN), he has the look right out of the comic,seeing robin in the movies was a great kick(even if they re-did the origin age thing)

i dont need realisim to like batman in fact i was not that pleased with batman begins,i cant except bale as bruce or batman...but that is just me

In my opinion, Clooney was a horrible Bruce Wayne & Batman. They should've kept Val Kilmer. And as far as Robin goes, yeah, it was great having him appear in the movies but his origins weren't too much different from what was in the comics. As for Christian Bale, I love his Bruce Wayne/Batman, they made the right choice when it came to casting Bale. He just needs to step it up one more notch though.

sindahouse
OK fair enough. I guess if you like the 60's show, than batman and robin is for you. I must agree that Clooney was the best bruce wayne. He just looked like bruce wayne. Had Joel Schum(whatever) decided to make a dark batman film, who knows if clooney would have been a good batman. I liked Arny as freeze, in appearance anyway. He looked nuts. BUt freeze laughed too much for my liking. Dr Freeze dont laugh man. And as for Bane. BANE BROKE BATMAN PPL. C'mon, what the hell kinda bane was that in that film. Urma was a sexy Ivy, but again, just too dum.... But if you like the 60's show, than that movie is definately for u...

Ultimate Hulk43
Not really. Just because you like the TV series doesn't mean Batman & Robin is for you. Also, I still think Clooney was a horrible Bruce Wayne. He should've never been cast.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Also, I still think Clooney was a horrible Bruce Wayne. He should've never been cast.

you don't need to keep saying that.

Mr Parker

Thats always been my thoughts on anybody whoever read the batman comics is how they can possibly like ANY of the Batman movies that were made except Batman Begins.Begins is the only one that did the comic any justice.All the other Batman movies should be burned.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
In my opinion, Clooney was a horrible Bruce Wayne & Batman. They should've kept Val Kilmer. And as far as Robin goes, yeah, it was great having him appear in the movies but his origins weren't too much different from what was in the comics. As for Christian Bale, I love his Bruce Wayne/Batman, they made the right choice when it came to casting Bale. He just needs to step it up one more notch though.

I totally agree that Clooney was a horrible Bruce Wayne and Batman and that they should have kept Val Kilmer.Kilmer before Bale came along was easily by far the best actor to have played the role.Not so much as Batman but he was easily the best Bruce Wayne.Clooney is an ugly looking dude,I cannot believe Schumacher could possibly have cast him to replace Kilmer. mad They werent able to keep Kilmer though because him and Schumacher did not get along with each other at all.They got into several shouting matches with each other and the tech crew found him very difficult to work with so unfortunately they had to let him go.I just wish they could have come up with anybody rather than Clooney. sick Same with O'donnel as Robin.I would have loved Batman Forever if not for the horrendous casting choice of Chris-No acting talent at all O'donnel as Robin.He single handedly ruined that movie for me with his horrible acting in that movie. mad

Superguy
Originally posted by starlock

i dont need realisim to like batman in fact i was not that pleased with batman begins,i cant except bale as bruce or batman...but that is just me What the HELL???? Clooney looked nothing like Bruce. He was the wrong build and he had grey Goddam hair. messed

Mr Parker
I know.The guy looked like Eddie Munster for god sakes. laughing He was an even worse choice than Michael keaton.

Jamaican
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I know.The guy looked like Eddie Munster for god sakes. laughing He was an even worse choice than Michael keaton.

Wow, so I guess Keaton wasn't the worst comic book character choice EVER. Look man, I'm not trying to argue with you. It's just very simple - don't say one thing and then say another thing. That's it.

Lol - I do agree with you about him looking like Eddie Munster, lol, I've never noticed that. Batman & Robin was a joke. Did anyone else noticed that Robin's bike broke through a total cement wall, and the shape it left after?? Or how B&M went to a charity event? Yeah, oook.

Il.Mozalini
A bad movie is a bad movie. Batman & Robin was a BAD movie.

DarkDethbringer
ugh horridmovie,plusthat wasnotBane, that was a Banelook alike. Bane isan evilcalculating Bastard whois far ahead of his time being able to deduce Batmans identity, andany other things. in thismovie hesasper strong dog. it was ghastlybuttoeach ther own

ESB -1138
OK fair enough. I guess if you like the 60's show, than batman and robin is for you. I must agree that Clooney was the best bruce wayne. He just looked like bruce wayne. Had Joel Schum(whatever) decided to make a dark batman film, who knows if clooney would have been a good batman. I liked Arny as freeze, in appearance anyway. He looked nuts. BUt freeze laughed too much for my liking. Dr Freeze dont laugh man. And as for Bane. BANE BROKE BATMAN PPL. C'mon, what the hell kinda bane was that in that film. Urma was a sexy Ivy, but again, just too dum.... But if you like the 60's show, than that movie is definately for u...

Whoo, whoo, whoo. I liked (sort of) the old Batman show but this was HORRIBLE! Even my friend who is a HARDCORE Batman fan (he went to see Batman Begins in a full ON BATMAN SUIT) who would get, see, do anything with the Batman logo on it even if it had Bat in its name but he hated this movie.

wuTa
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I would have loved Batman Forever if not for the horrendous casting choice of Chris-No acting talent at all O'donnel as Robin.He single handedly ruined that movie for me with his horrible acting in that movie. mad

I heard Chris O'donnell beat Christian Bale for that role, who woulda thought that in the long run that actually help save the Batman Franchise.

Altar[1stONE]
"Watch the numbers batman, when it starts freezing youll be frozen, into a frosty snowcone made of ice, can you feel it the icy cold of space aghh. Cool it, freeze out, cold nipples, freeze well, chill , cold , freeze, chill out, cool it coolio , coolie, sub zero tempetures, dice man comic, ice cream headache, ice ice baby, frozen tundra, go packers!! ".

-Arnie Freeze

Need I go on?

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Altar
"Watch the numbers batman, when it starts freezing youll be frozen, into a frosty snowcone made of ice, can you feel it the icy cold of space aghh. Cool it, freeze out, cold nipples, freeze well, chill , cold , freeze, chill out, cool it coolio , coolie, sub zero tempetures, dice man comic, ice cream headache, ice ice baby, frozen tundra, go packers!! ".

-Arnie Freeze

Need I go on? I think most of those words belong to this video, though the first sentence was in the movie, that's what I remember. Still not as good as "Yew arr not zending mee too da cooola!", though. laughing out loud

Bat Dude
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QcY90fQm18E

That is pretty funny and makes fun of Batman and Robin...

Freeze's dialouge (sp?) is funny laughing

Or it might only be me who thinks it's funny... either way...

Altar[1stONE]
I dont see how it could not be funny. But Arnies other movie Total Recall is basically that exaggeration in one movie, thats why its my favorite. YOU BLEW MY COVA!!

Antediluvian89
HELL NO. This is the worst out of the original 4 movies.

The acting was really sub-par and there was no Jack Nicholson or Michael Keaton to save them this time. The story was just wack and Freeze's goons were just ridiculous.

The only high notes were:

1. Batgirl was a hottie.

2. Batman's costume was still cool.

3. It ends.

Overall, I give it 3-4 out of 10.

TH3 D4RK KN!GH7
Hated this film it was such an insult to the Batman I know and love.

coolmovies
I am a arnie fan and i have to say it was a rubbish film even forever was rubbish . I wish they left it at batman returns

Bat Dude
Originally posted by coolmovies
I am a arnie fan and i have to say it was a rubbish film even forever was rubbish . I wish they left it at batman returns

I wish we could have seen Burton's Batman 3...

But I won't get on about that...

B&R was definitely NOT the best Batman movie (duh)... It wasn't "the worst movie ever", but it definitely does NOT rank high... At all...

theshakl
I'd just like to say that when i was little...i think about 10 I LOVEDDDDD THE MOVIE

but i was 10, now i see my mistake but i'm just saying that as a kids movie it's pretty alright

WrathfulDwarf
Guilty Pleasure for me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Guilty Pleasure for me.

Even though Batman and Robin was a piece of $%^, I'll still watch it so I can see Uma Thurman's nice kegs.

Mirai Gohan
Yes, yes, this one time I......*becomes quiet*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.