Great Years in Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Just like they say with fine wines - that was a very good year.

What do other people think were great single years in comics history? For what was released that year, certain events, etc?

I have a first pick, but I want to hear what others say first as their choices.

Grimm22
The 80's no expression

N'uff Said

roughrider
Any particular year in the 1980's?

guy222
Originally posted by roughrider
Just like they say with fine wines - that was a very good year.

What do other people think were great single years in comics history? For what was released that year, certain events, etc?

I have a first pick, but I want to hear what others say first as their choices.

I like all the years. 80's Secret Wars was a hit. Gaiman is back. Of course, Kirby and Lee

Alfheim
The 80,s thats when I first started collecting. 86-89....*sigh*

During those years nobody could test me on Marvel knoweldge I collected almost every single title. I dont have those comics anymore.....

weep

The Libertine
77 Korvac Saga

roughrider
For me, the great year was 1986.

DC was beginning it's post-Crisis reboot of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, as the new DC Universe was coming into being.
Frank Miller was THE dominant creative force that year, getting headlines with The Dark Knight Returns & Batman: Year One.
Alan Moore - the era's favourite writer - his legend was growing with the release of Watchmen. No more words to add to that.

For Marvel, they were celebrating their 25th anniversary. And Miller had major works over there too, concluding the Daredevil: Born Again storyline; plus, the painted graphic novel Daredevil: Love & War & the Elektra: Assassin miniseries - both done with Bill Sienkiewicz, the wildest illustrator of that period.
And things were getting really bad with the X-Men, with the Mutant Massacre and the start (on the comics page) of Wolverine's hate-feud with Sabretooth.

roughrider
...Oh, also in 1986 we had the last major work by Jack Kirby - THE HUNGER DOGS, about Darkseid and the end of the New Gods.

grey fox
Always the 80's

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider
...Oh, also in 1986 we had the last major work by Jack Kirby - THE HUNGER DOGS, about Darkseid and the end of the New Gods.

Hey, hey , hey, you're lowering the tone of the thread leave DC out. stick out tongue

Redatom65
early 40's. yes

early 60's yes

1975-1980 yes

1986-1989 yes

Redatom65
Originally posted by Alfheim
Hey, hey , hey, you're lowering the tone of the thread leave DC out. stick out tongue

DC > Marvel right now. marvel's crossovers are killing it among the really lazy writing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.