Reed Richard's durability!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
What can get by his durability? We've seen Namor damage him with a love tap, and the Taskmaster put him down with a friggin gun (what was in that chamber, anyways?)

So, what is the true extent of Reed's indestructibility?

King_Mungi
It's high, but as all characters gets dumbed down such as Civl War Spider-Man gave him a bloody nose....no.

jrodslam
I presonally think it depends on what Reed see's. If hes caught off guard, i think the attack does more damage than normal. If hes ready or expecting one, the effects are much less.

Soljer
Originally posted by jrodslam
I presonally think it depends on what Reed see's. If hes caught off guard, i think the attack does more damage than normal. If hes ready or expecting one, the effects are much less.

I'd agree. If he can pre emptively 'elastisize' his body for an attack, it'll damage him much less.

But even if he's caught off guard, should Spiderman be bloodying his nose? Should a shell from Taskmaster take him out?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Soljer
I'd agree. If he can pre emptively 'elastisize' his body for an attack, it'll damage him much less.

But even if he's caught off guard, should Spiderman be bloodying his nose? Should a shell from Taskmaster take him out?

Maybe the gun Tasky shot was an electric round? Electricity has been know to stun Reed in the past.erm

As for Spidey giving him a bloody nose......its Spiderman!!!!!

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer
What can get by his durability? We've seen Namor damage him with a love tap, and the Taskmaster put him down with a friggin gun (what was in that chamber, anyways?)

So, what is the true extent of Reed's indestructibility?

Pretty good

tkitna
Is this the Reed Richards that Wolverine's claws couldnt pierce, but yet gets knocked out by punches?

Is there no consistency in any of these characters anymore?

Reed should be impervious to a physical beating. I could see things like electricity, lazers, and so forth, but a punch? No.

LordFear
Originally posted by tkitna
Is this the Reed Richards that Wolverine's claws couldnt pierce, but yet gets knocked out by punches?

Is there no consistency in any of these characters anymore?

Reed should be impervious to a physical beating. I could see things like electricity, lazers, and so forth, but a punch? No.

THis is what I am saying about Civil War. They have not been true to all of the characters potential. We are reading crap stuff happening to guys that shouldn't be. What the hell is up with th at?

Soljer
I agree that's the way it SHOULD be.

But, then, why are Spiderman and Namor ****ing him up?

snoopdogg
He got hurt in Secret Wars also when an object fell on him too if I remember right.

Soljer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He got hurt in Secret Wars also when an object fell on him too if I remember right.

yes.

I don't recall the particular event you're describing, but he is QUITE inconsistent.

Priest
100% agree

Grimm22
Spidey hurting Reed = PIS

Reed's been taking punches from guys like the Thing for years

How are spidey's punches supposed to hurt him

snoopdogg
I presonally think it depends on what Reed see's. If hes caught off guard, i think the attack does more damage than normal. If hes ready or expecting one, the effects are much less. I actually think that goes for all characters actually. I mean if you get blindsided most likely you won't be able to take the attack as well if you take it straight on.

psycho gundam
foxfire can kill him(look it up).

Validus
Yeah, if you go with jrod's theory, the idea of Spider-Man harming him with a punch isn't too far out there. It wouldn't happen in a KMC VS forum setting but since when do we care about that? stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.