How Powerful You Think Orion was in KC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Spoilers for those who haven't read it.

Orion defeats his father Darkseid and it appears he holds the anti-life equation. When Superman visits him he clearly calls him a "God"

We don't see much of him after the meeting with Superman. So I think this leaves to poder the mind of reader as to how overpower Orion will become in a future.

A more striking thought is how Orion resembles his father. Did the son's power became more powerful than the father?

Galan007
IMO Orion learned to calm his temper, and bacame more in control of his already massive powers, (sort of Highfather-esk if you ask me).

the Darkone
Originally posted by Galan007
IMO Orion learned to calm his temper, and bacame more in control of his already massive powers, (sort of Highfather-esk if you ask me).

I agree, without the anti-life equation Orion would still be a skyfather level being more like Highfather than Darkseid.

Help
I think he'll become a power how much i don't know.

BTW i will now no longer highlight threads for a synopsis(spoiler tags are just ignored on that)

roughrider
Interesting that he still couldn't change the character of Apokolips. They were just so used to Darkseid's tyranny and cult of personality? Wonder if he had the TP power his dad possessed.

long pig
Orion's powerset even now is near skyfather. He simply doesn't/can't control them.

Astro Force comes directly from the Source. It's the Source's Wraith. Like the Odin power, it can do anything. Now, he only uses it to make himself strong,durable and powerful blasts.

In KC, he learned how to control the AF, his rage and he gained the Anti Life formula. He's more powerful there than any Skyfather we've ever seen.

Juntai
All of the New Gods are called Gods.

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Orion's powerset even now is near skyfather. He simply doesn't/can't control them.

Astro Force comes directly from the Source. It's the Source's Wraith. Like the Odin power, it can do anything. Now, he only uses it to make himself strong,durable and powerful blasts.

In KC, he learned how to control the AF, his rage and he gained the Anti Life formula. He's more powerful there than any Skyfather we've ever seen. Oddly enough he began to master the Astroforce AND gained the Anti-Life in his own series about 6 years ago.
We just haven't seen him much since then, or much of any new god outside of Darkseid since then actually.
Until this last month or so where a new god or another seems to be in every title. From Birds of Prey, to Blue Beetle, The Next, Firestorm, etc.

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
Oddly enough he began to master the Astroforce AND gained the Anti-Life in his own series about 6 years ago.
We just haven't seen him much since then, or much of any new god outside of Darkseid since then actually.
Until this last month or so where a new god or another seems to be in every title. From Birds of Prey, to Blue Beetle, The Next, Firestorm, etc.
Yeah, he learned a bit in his series. Red Orion is what they called him and he was badass.

He's underrated by so many writers it's sick.

Draco69
Unfortunately, he recently got punked by Firestorm. Poor guy couldn't even lift a block made of lead.

sad

Validus
A loss to Firestorm isn't so bad. The way he lost was what killed it for me.

long pig
Hard to believe when, technically, he's much stronger than Superman.

His motherbox can do most of Firestorm's feats.

Pre Crisis Ya
Originally posted by long pig
Hard to believe when, technically, he's much stronger than Superman.

His motherbox can do most of Firestorm's feats.

He was stronger than Brynes Supes. Current Superman (I.e. after the Morison J.L.A. revamp) is far more powerful. Its been hinted recently that Supes Bio electrical aura doesn't only absorb sun light radiation but all forms of Kinetic radiation. This may include the God waves energy as well, meaning he's basically powered by the same source as Orion. The absorption of yellow sunlight only acts as catalyst for this process. The Firestorm showing was terrible from Orion perspective as that arch way wouldn't even weigh a million tons, which is child's play to all Kryptoninans. IMO the most recent Ion issue cancels out this poor showing as Graven man survives a point blank destruction of a planet, and hes nowhere near as powerful as Orion. As Validus stated, loosing to Firestorm is not such a bad showing, hes basically a lower level herald.

beast1234
KC orion is more powerful then darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.