Stop drinking POM and Green Tea...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
....Antioxidants don't make you live longer

TRH
I dont care I drink them when I feel like it

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
....Antioxidants don't make you live longer

Except for Lipton-Brisk iced lemon tea, I think that tea sucks.

And I've always thought its funny that green tea is the Chinese cure for....everything.

Strangelove
*whew* makes me feel better than I don't drink any of that shit

Green tea's not so bad every once in a while, though

WrathfulDwarf
People were drinking this stuff thinking it helps prolonge life....Practically if you like this stuff..enjoy Well, these drinks are no more healthier than drinking a Pepsi.

Marxman
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Except for Lipton-Brisk iced lemon tea, I think that tea sucks.

And I've always thought its funny that green tea is the Chinese cure for....everything. Lemon iced tea and 'shroom tea big grin

Strangelove
People were drinking this stuff thinking it helps prolonge life....Practically if you like this stuff..enjoy Well, these drinks are no more healthier than drinking a Pepsi. Root beer has been proven to not be bad for your teeth smile

Capt_Fantastic
Score! I hate talking vitamins.

Lana
But I love green tea...tastes so much better than soda or juice or regular tea stick out tongue

BackFire
I don't drink that shit, I'm straight.

Strangelove
Originally posted by BackFire
I don't drink that shit, I'm straight. Not according to Seraphim crylaugh

Imperial_Samura
I didn't even know antioxidants were believed to prolong life, (though people were saying they were beneficial to health, but then you get more in yogurt.)

Still, it doesn't matter. I don't drink a lot of green tea, (though I heard it is good for things like digestion and the like) - I'm a black tea man. And I don't drink it for some theoretical health benefit reason.

Nor take vitamin supplements for that matter, my diet is pretty good, so I don't need them.

Impediment
I drink water....................brewed with hops & barley. stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Impediment
I drink water....................brewed with hops & barley. stick out tongue

beer

Impediment
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
beer

highfive

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love green tea, especially if you chill it and mix it with fresh grapefruit juice. That's a drink right there!

People were drinking this stuff thinking it helps prolonge life....Practically if you like this stuff..enjoy Well, these drinks are no more healthier than drinking a Pepsi.

Haha, you're joking, right? Right?

bogen
Stop fragmenting the reality ive built up around myself

Puzzle
Never had either of them. srug

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Lana
But I love green tea...tastes so much better than soda or juice or regular tea stick out tongue

I agree. Green Tea tastes great. I prefer Oolong over Green, though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BackFire
I don't drink that shit, I'm straight.

Hahaha, good one.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love green tea, especially if you chill it and mix it with fresh grapefruit juice. That's a drink right there!

Nah, I was just going with the popular belief of some people. Glad you got a laugh...for a change...

Soleran
It just read like a very generic study to throw some results on paper to "address" vitamins.

Pepsi or any processed drink is crap, we can all blame high fructose corn syrup and an obviously fatter America as the breathing truth.

Lana
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Ooooh. I'll have to try that.

Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
I agree. Green Tea tastes great. I prefer Oolong over Green, though.

I prefer green tea over...pretty much everything. I just really like the taste, it's very light.

Plus I think green tea ice cream is about the best thing ever made.

Capt_Fantastic
I guess it's just me. Maybe because I smoke or something. But green tea and most other asian teas taste the same to me.

Lord Urizen
Green Tea and Asian drinks are good and all, but I'd prefer to continue slerping my favorite drink of all: sperm.

It's high in protein, very revitalizing, delicious, and fun to attain.

Soleran
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Green Tea and Asian drinks are good and all, but I'd prefer to continue slerping my favorite drink of all: sperm.

Did you have to take it there, hmmm probably not.

Cindy Bear

mmmmm me too! I believe my glossy coat is down to gallons of salty bear goodness!

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Cindy Bear
mmmmm me too! I believe my glossy coat is down to gallons of salty bear goodness!

It's also good for your skin

Cindy Bear
It's also good for your skin

I have a glossy coat. I'm often gleaming.

Lord Urizen
Whenever I forget to upload my muscles with protein rich foods such as fish, chicken, or whey supplements, i make sure to get it from more organic sources dd

8======D

RedAlertv2
Being gay = okay
Flaunting it for attention = not okay

Blaxican
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Being gay = okay
Flaunting it for attention = not okay

Co-Signed.

Alliance
I effing love the public perception of science.

One study comes out and its all over the media and everyone thinks one study shows something conclusive and they go change their lifestyle for 6 months until the next one comes out.

Fortunately this one wasn't that case as it was a comprehensive study of studies, though one that I have serious questions about.

Yet, though we got past hysteria, we didn't get past stupidity. Idiots who read this can't even properly address the scientific fact contained within the article.

The pop reproduction of this article says CLEARLY that this evaluated antioxidant SUPPLEMENTS, not antioxidants in food. In fact, even the effing media can grasp the concept of this article, clearly quoted at the end: "Rely on food to get your nutrients."

This is not surprising, anyone without a medical condition who takes a supplement to give them 3000% of their daily __(nutrient here)__ needs to review the fact that they often just piss the rest out and may be causing undue stress on their body.

No wonder the public is so ignorant when it comes to science. People can't even properly interpret a popular summary of a study, let alone the actual study itself.

Its ENTIRELY aggravating. Especially as a scientist.

Blaxican

What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.