Who is the "New Ronin" if it's not Captain America?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Who is the "New Ronin" if it's not Captain America?

Could it be,

Nick Fury
Blade
Winter Soldier
Hawk Eye
Agent X
Karnak
shatterstar
Taskmaster

Board Walker
Punisher..

NiņoAraņa
Daredevil no expression i stick to that!

the Darkone
Punisher is going to be the "New" Captain America.

DareDevil I can see, doubt it but it's possible.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by the Darkone
Punisher is going to be the "New" Captain America.

DareDevil I can see, doubt it but it's possible. i swear, i'll bet my wallet that it's Daredevil.....

Draco69
I personally don't give a f**k...

Ronin is a crappy character to begin with.

Disappear
what does that have to do with anything?

also, half of the people on that list don't make sense given the apparent personality of this new ronin. i don't think i've ever heard shatterstar, karnak, fury or blade say "yo."

the Darkone
Originally posted by Disappear
what does that have to do with anything?

also, half of the people on that list don't make sense given the apparent personality of this new ronin. i don't think i've ever heard shatterstar, karnak, fury or blade say "yo."

well who do you think it is then?

I'm still doing some catch up reading.

Darth Macabre

Disappear
i don't think it's daredevil, either. i've never known daredevil to use the "yo," either. nor refer to luke cage as "cage." just doesn't seem like a fit.

as for who it IS, i couldn't say. i just get feelings for who it isnt.

NiņoAraņa

Entity

Hercules
I just can't see Matt saying "Yo" it just seems wrong to me...but maybe thats what they want us to think...

inamilist
I think Bendis wrote Shaman saying "yo" or something when he killed off alpha flight and people seemed to take issue with it...

Maybe its just his thing?

I don't think yo is a very good clue anyways stick out tongue

daredevil 10/10

Disappear
daredevil doesn't talk at all like this ronin. bendis, if you recall, has a grand history of writing matt, so i doubt he'd flip the script so much just because the guy's in a new suit.

also, the "not exactly" thing leads me to believe it's someone with some sort of history with daredevil, but not murdock himself.

NiņoAraņa
daredevil doesn't talk at all like this ronin. bendis, if you recall, has a grand history of writing matt, so i doubt he'd flip the script so much just because the guy's in a new suit.

also, the "not exactly" thing leads me to believe it's someone with some sort of history with daredevil, but not murdock himself. maybe Bendis meant to have Echo say "Daredevil?" and then Ronin say, "Not exactly"

like i said....i'm dead set on it bieng DD, especially with his The End coming up...

King_Mungi
Puck...*cough*...what?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Puck...*cough*...what? just gotta plug that into all the threads at least once, huh? confused

King_Mungi

Martian_mind
Deadpool......

Alfheim
Night Thrasher.....that would be a stretch.

Darth Vicious
Scarlet Witch

Alfheim
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Scarlet Witch

Now that has to be a joke.

marvelprince
Either the new White Tiger (Angela Del Toro), or the old White Tiger (Kasper Cole).

Soljer
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Deadpool......

That would make me explode with juicy goodness....

But I doubt it .

Scoobless
Could be almost anyone ... be weird if it was Toxin (but pretty interesting)

willRules
The real Aunt May and that sniper shot an impostor yes

Jyppe
Maybe it's Matt pretending to be black (No offense here or anything) Maybe he'll form a rap group called the D-Unit or something. Just to throw us off and then, when he finally reveals himself he'll be like "pwneed joo nuubs!"

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by marvelprince
Either the new White Tiger (Angela Del Toro), or the old White Tiger (Kasper Cole).

Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

And Ronin is not Daredevil. Bendis already flat out stated Daredevil was not a member of the New Avengers. He was justifing this New Avengers team roster and said something like "I picked the characters that best fit to the story not my favorites. For instance I didn't add Daredevil to the line up because he didn't fit."... or he at least said something to that effect.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Alfheim
Now that has to be a joke.
Just throwing another name out there.

Originally posted by Jyppe
Maybe it's Matt pretending to be black (No offense here or anything) Maybe he'll form a rap group called the D-Unit or something. Just to throw us off and then, when he finally reveals himself he'll be like "pwneed joo nuubs!"

D,D,D,D-Uniiiiiiiit!

marvelprince
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

And Ronin is not Daredevil. Bendis already flat out stated Daredevil was not a member of the New Avengers. He was justifing this New Avengers team roster and said something like "I picked the characters that best fit to the story not my favorites. For instance I didn't add Daredevil to the line up because he didn't fit."... or he at least said something to that effect.

Yup. Thats what he said. Events of Matt's own book wouldn't allow for him to be on the team apparently. I don't think Ronin will turn out to be him.

capt it up
Ronin is probably the guy named stone. He was another guy trained by stick

jumpmann
echo was a nobody...new ronin will be 2

capt it up
it Kasper Cole. First he has worked with DD. He would say yo and some one else is white tiger at the moment. Cage knows him as well.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think Ronin is Steve Rogers. Ronin could also be someone with a high degree in the martial arts.

marvelprince
Originally posted by capt it up
Ronin is probably the guy named stone. He was another guy trained by stick

Stone does not say "Yo" plus he has no ties with anyone on that team. Plus considering his history with Elektra I think he'd at least have something to say to her. Your second guess was better

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I think Ronin is Steve Rogers. Ronin could also be someone with a high degree in the martial arts.

Steve is in jail. Even if he were to break out, which I doubt he would do so quickly he doesn't make sense. He already knows trhat Spider-Man and Co. talk non stop during fights. Why would he ask Cage about it if he knew. And when asked if he was Matt he said Not exactly instead of no. Steve would have just said no, or at least know enough about Echo to know that she couldn't know what he was saying with his mask on. Not exactly leads me to believe this person has ties to Matt.

NiņoAraņa
Stone does not say "Yo" plus he has no ties with anyone on that team. Plus considering his history with Elektra I think he'd at least have something to say to her. Your second guess was better

Steve is in jail. Even if he were to break out, which I doubt he would do so quickly he doesn't make sense. He already knows trhat Spider-Man and Co. talk non stop during fights. Why would he ask Cage about it if he knew. And when asked if he was Matt he said Not exactly instead of no. Steve would have just said no, or at least know enough about Echo to know that she couldn't know what he was saying with his mask on. Not exactly leads me to believe this person has ties to Matt. or is Matt shifty

Soljer
Curious; when are we going to find out? Has anything been announced and/or rumored? Anyone know what issue we'll find out Ronin's identity in?

jrodslam
I say Shang Chi or Stick. Could be Matt due to the rumor going around about whats gonna happen soon in Daredevil's comic. Also if it is Matt, he could be going by the name Mike Murdock due to the "not quite"answer.

I dont think its White Tiger because shes already got her series. Ongoing right?
I dont think its Stone because he doesnt talk like that.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Soljer
Curious; when are we going to find out? Has anything been announced and/or rumored? Anyone know what issue we'll find out Ronin's identity in?

Issue 30

Originally posted by jrodslam
I say Shang Chi or Stick. Could be Matt due to the rumor going around about whats gonna happen soon in Daredevil's comic. Also if it is Matt, he could be going by the name Mike Murdock due to the "not quite"answer.

I dont think its White Tiger because shes already got her series. Ongoing right?

Shang Chi is in the Heroes For Hire. Considering he's pro-reg I can't him on the run with the "radicals". Isn't Stick dead? Again , death isn't much an obstacle in the MU but considering his history with the Hand and Elektra wouldn't he speak up more? Plus Stick seems more like the type to yell shut up than to question if they always talk this much.

And White Tiger's series is only a limited

capt it up

shang-chi was one of my original bets however shang-chi would not say yo either

capt it up
Issue 30

Shang Chi is in the Heroes For Hire. Considering he's pro-reg I can't him on the run with the "radicals". Isn't Stick dead? Again , death isn't much an obstacle in the MU but considering his history with the Hand and Elektra wouldn't he speak up more? Plus Stick seems more like the type to yell shut up than to question if they always talk this much.

And White Tiger's series is only a limited
stick been dead for years. He died however he remains able to walk the earth due to his magical powers I think

capt it up
watch it be hawlk eye

Disappear
stick's soul was already reincarnated into some baby. i doubt he's gonna be chilling with the new avengers, considering he'd be a lifeless body even if he was reanimated.

the 'can't tell what he's saying with his mask on' idea is a good point. but, in that same issue, echo did say she was eavesdropping on the faux-yakuza she fraternized with. so maybe bendis wasn't paying close enough attention throughout the script.

8urs
It's Kingpin.

marvelprince
stick's soul was already reincarnated into some baby. i doubt he's gonna be chilling with the new avengers, considering he'd be a lifeless body even if he was reanimated.

the 'can't tell what he's saying with his mask on' idea is a good point. but, in that same issue, echo did say she was eavesdropping on the faux-yakuza she fraternized with. so maybe bendis wasn't paying close enough attention throughout the script.

By eavesdropping I figured she meant just watching and reading their lips to get what they were saying. Remember he had Spider-Man lift his mask so I'm sure he remembered.

That's right, and the baby was adopted by Stone's followers. I just read Daredevil ninja like last week and had already forgotten

capt it up
why was he recarnated? stick was doing fine as a member of the walking dead

marvelprince
why was he recarnated? stick was doing fine as a member of the walking dead

Cause his soul is some ancient Japanese prince or something. I have to look back at the issue but showed Matt Murduck being recruited by the followers of Stick (The Chaste) led by Stone and to help him combat the Hand who were essentially wiping them out in order to locate this child. And the end of the story they dumped Matt off back in his apartment and two of Stick's followers adopted the baby.

Mace Skywalker
Originally posted by Draco69
I personally don't give a f**k...

Ronin is a crappy character to begin with.

Obviously you do care if you took the time to post.

Anyway we will find out soon. Personlly i think its blade. I thought Ronnin was a few people but its just a guess till i find out.

LORDSIDIOUS01
watch it be hawlk eye

Didn't realize Hawkeye had those kind of skills.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Didn't realize Hawkeye had those kind of skills.

uote: (post)

shang-chi was one of my original bets however shang-chi would not say yo either

How can you Stick. Isn't he dead? Shang-chi has been around either for a long time.

willRules
Yeah I'd like it to be Hawkeye but Hawkeye always struck me as more of an archer than swordsman roll eyes (sarcastic)

Entity
Originally posted by Mace Skywalker
Personlly i think its blade. I thought Ronnin was a few people but its just a guess till i find out.

Blade?
What would Blade be doing in the New Avengers?
Don't get me wrong I am a big Blade fan and would love to see him on the same team as Peter, Luke, Logan, and Ironfist. I just really don't see how he'd fit into the picture but they could always just add him to the mix for no reason at all. As they so often do. Blade or Daredevil either one would be just fine with me, if only they could get them both on board. cool

SpunkySmurph
Anyways, it's Baron Zemo.

Personally, I think it would be awesome if it was someone like say... Domino. But the likeliness of that happening is close to nil. Also, I don't recall her ever meeting Luke. Though, she has met Wolverine in the past.

Also, it needs to be someone with quite a bit of history with the MU.

Dinkus Mayhem
For some reason I can't help but think that Deadpool would be a hilarious choice for the new Ronin, the funny part is that he could actually (kind of stick out tongue ) work for the role. laughing

Disappear
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah I'd like it to be Hawkeye but Hawkeye always struck me as more of an archer than swordsman roll eyes (sarcastic)

"didn't you know? hawkeye is the swordsman."
"really?"
"yeah. i read it on the internet."

inamilist
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

good guess....

willRules
"didn't you know? hawkeye is the swordsman."
"really?"
"yeah. i read it on the internet."

laughing out loud

LORDSIDIOUS01
These posts are very funny. I still think Ronin is most likely Steve Rogers. That makes the perfect sense. I could be wrong. To me though that sounds just right.

capt it up
true however he could want a new image. He was also trained as a sword fighter by the swordsmen

willRules
true however he could want a new image. He was also trained as a sword fighter by the swordsmen

That's true. I'd like it to be Hawkeye and envision him joining the New Avengers team eventually but I don't think he is Ronin though confused

capt it up
That's true. I'd like it to be Hawkeye and envision him joining the New Avengers team eventually but I don't think he is Ronin though confused
niether do I, but he would say yo lol.

willRules
Keep up the faith, maybe he will be Hawkeye and we will all be pleasantly surprised by his sudden use of swords over arrows as opposed to frustrated that the characterisation of the archer in this way was unnecessary yes

capt it up
Keep up the faith, maybe he will be Hawkeye and we will all be pleasantly surprised by his sudden use of swords over arrows as opposed to frustrated that the characterisation of the archer in this way was unnecessary yes

hopfully lol.

who do you think it is? I know you hope it hawlk eye as do I, but who do you think it likly to be?

willRules
I don't know. Part of me wants it to be Captain America as I have recently become a fan of the character, but the other part of me that respects decent story lines hopes it isn't.

Deadpool would be fun but totally out of character

I like the idea someone mentioned that it could be Blade, although I don't see his motives for joining the team. It would be nice if he joined though, just to enforce that street level/low level superhero team thing going on in the title at the moment yes

Although seeing as she recently died maybe it's Aunt May on her comeback tour already yes

capt it up
I don't know. Part of me wants it to be Captain America as I have recently become a fan of the character, but the other part of me that respects decent story lines hopes it isn't.

Deadpool would be fun but totally out of character

I like the idea someone mentioned that it could be Blade, although I don't see his motives for joining the team. It would be nice if he joined though, just to enforce that street level/low level superhero team thing going on in the title at the moment yes

Although seeing as she recently died maybe it's Aunt May on her comeback tour already yes
it could be blade it would make sense. He foughten spiderman and he been saved as well as foughten wolverine however he never seen teh two interacting with one another.

though he not really a ninja character, but he deffinetly would say yo.

Superboy Prime
That would make me explode with juicy goodness....

But I doubt it .

co-sign.

Grimm22
I've already figured it all out

The new Ronin is....

Luke Cage!

Now you say though, but wait how can that be? Cage was right next to him fighting ninjas?

Simple, you see the Luke Cage in NA isn't actually Luke Cage it's...

Captain America!

You think Cap would actually let Luke Cage run the avengers?

But now you say, how Cap is in jail?

You see the Cap in jail is actually...

Puck!

Puck secretly went undercover after he was thought to have been killed by the Collective, but in reality he actually rescued Cap after Civil War and took his place in the jail cell

I mean how can no one else have guessed this? Nobody else in the MU says yo besides Luke Cage stick out tongue

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22
I've already figured it all out

The new Ronin is....

Luke Cage!

Now you say though, but wait how can that be? Cage was right next to him fighting ninjas?

Simple, you see the Luke Cage in NA isn't actually Luke Cage it's...

Captain America!

You think Cap would actually let Luke Cage run the avengers?

But now you say, how Cap is in jail?

You see the Cap in jail is actually...

Puck!

Puck secretly went undercover after he was thought to have been killed by the Collective, but in reality he actually rescued Cap after Civil War and took his place in the jail cell

I mean how can no one else have guessed this? Nobody else in the MU says yo besides Luke Cage stick out tongue

laughing

Fanboy
Blade

Hawk Eye
Agent X

Taskmaster

Either one of these guys.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have no clue now that Captain America is dead.

Darth Vicious
After reading Captain America # 25 I would have to say that my top 2 guesses are:

Winter Soldier because he is master less now and
Sharon Carter to atone for what she did in Cap 25 which also would continue with the Ronin character being a female.

capt it up
sharon carter isent she warbird?

I thought it was winter soldier also. what do you mean "master less now"?

Lucid Lui
It's so definately gonna be Clint Barton.

If's it's not, i'll eat every tube of toothpaste people send me. In one sitting.

But i won't have to, cause it's Clint.

Jade Lightning
I wonder if they'll really keep Cap dead. And i'm a bit surprised frankly that they killed him outside Civil War instead of ending it with his death. I think it would have worked better the other way.

Darth Vicious
sharon carter isent she warbird?

I thought it was winter soldier also. what do you mean "master less now"?

Nope, She is just an agent of SHIELD , former lover of Cap.

Ca was pretty much Buckys "master/mentor" for all intents and purposes.

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
I wonder if they'll really keep Cap dead. And i'm a bit surprised frankly that they killed him outside Civil War instead of ending it with his death. I think it would have worked better the other way.

Its Marvel, he wont be dead for long and I agree, they shouldve end CW with his death if they were planning on killing him all along.

capt it up
Nope, She is just an agent of SHIELD , former lover of Cap.

Ca was pretty much Buckys "master/mentor" for all intents and purposes.

Its Marvel, he wont be dead for long and I agree, they shouldve end CW with his death if they were planning on killing him all along.

Dam your right she was in the air force I should have known that she a friend of wolverines lol.

bucky I thought new mentor was nick fury?

also capt died? does any one have scanns of the issue I can't get to my comic store

Darth Vicious
Scans section. I added it not too,long ago.

capt it up
Scans section. I added it not too,long ago.
thanks

I just realize what I did not think of earlier. It could be falcon. Actaully there a really good chance.

look at the aprt when they show the past. Falcon use to he a hero with out flight and he highly skilled. he also knows cage and ahs never fought next to wolverine and spiderman at once. He also says yo a lot.

alra121
After reading Captain America # 25 I would have to say that my top 2 guesses are:

Winter Soldier because he is master less now and
Sharon Carter to atone for what she did in Cap 25 which also would continue with the Ronin character being a female.

Both those are good choices since Ronin seems to be somebody who has not fought alongside some of the New Avengers. When he/she asks "Do they always talk this much?"

I am leaning toward Sharon, I think that Winter Soldier is going to take front and center in the Cap books.

Also, is anyone else going to find out that she shot Cap, that would be very interesting to see how her friends/teammates would react.

Disappear
i think the fallout of sharon shooting/potentially killing cap is going to be a main focus in the actual captain america title, and i highly doubt she'll stumble out into the new avengers.

bendis said that the new ronin has a history of changing their appearance/name/i-don't-remember-the-exact-quote with their mindset. sharon carter doesn't fit. falcon doesn't fit, either, unless you want to count his costumes. and i doubt bendis would say something that blunt, then chicken out with "i was talking about his costumes!"

hawkeye's still definitely in the running, and so is bucky. i just doubt bucky'd say "yo"... but that's how i'm eliminating all the choices.

willRules
I don't want it to be Hawkeye because it would be totally out of character, but I want Hawkeye on the team...ARGGGGHHHHHH conflicting emotions mad fear

Disappear
in the "50 ways Civil War will change the Marvel Universe" article on wizarduniverse.com, bendis says that hawkeye is "the most complex character i'm writing." present tense. and since he wasn't at all complex in issue 25, i'm assuming he's either gonna show up as ronin, or otherwise in the avengers titles. it could be taken as a pretty big giveaway.

the Darkone
Hawkeye is the new Ronin, very interesting.

Darth Vicious
I just finished reading the issue. Hawkeye being Ronin is very interesting so far. Lets see how it goes from now.

marvelprince
I was right. All the clues pointed to Clint so I would have been dissapointed had it not been him.

Soljer
Wow, considering that Wolverine can take on thousands of Ninjas solo, he sure was getting owned by a VERY small handful....

capt it up
Wow, considering that Wolverine can take on thousands of Ninjas solo, he sure was getting owned by a VERY small handful....
havent been in the comic shop in so long what happen? also every hero ahs there bad showings

capt it up
so they said it was hawlk in the issue............or was he shown?

Soljer
He was shown.

capt it up
He was shown.
aww I wanted it to be felcon even though I new it would never happen lol.

ya House of M like some one mention did show clint as a great budy to luke cage not to mention he said similar lines during it.

I really wanted it to be falcon too sad

Grimm22
Ok, so Clint will now be Ronin for a whole 2 issues until he says "F*ck this sh*t!" and goes and kills off the chick who thinks she is Hawkeye.

And wait, how does this work considering Clint is the new Captain America? confused

marvelprince
Considering Logan was still recovering from his neck wound and that he team didn't have much room to manevour in the house I don't think it was a particularly bad showing.

I'm just waiting for someone to say how what happened to DS can NEVER happen...

aww I wanted it to be felcon even though I new it would never happen lol.

ya House of M like some one mention did show clint as a great budy to luke cage not to mention he said similar lines during it.

I really wanted it to be falcon too sad

That would be me

Ok, so Clint will now be Ronin for a whole 2 issues until he says "F*ck this sh*t!" and goes and kills off the chick who thinks she is Hawkeye.

And wait, how does this work considering Clint is the new Captain America? confused

Why are you so sure he'll be the next Cap?

Jebus reborn

capt it up
Considering Logan was still recovering from his neck wound and that he team didn't have much room to manevour in the house I don't think it was a particularly bad showing.

I'm just waiting for someone to say how what happened to DS can NEVER happen...

That would be me

Why are you so sure he'll be the next Cap?
yup it wa and you were right about it going to be hawk eye.........I was wrong dam....maybe he will become the new capt that be funny

capt it up
well it not thor thats for sure lol...it took the marvel universe like 4 months to relize he was dead lol hell they did not even notice until hercules flipped his shit on them

Grimm22
This is why no expression

capt it up
that has to do with capt dieing........nothing to do with hawlk eye being capt..............

marvelprince

Seen it already. If you were to actually look at the preview pages you would have seen that The new Cap is hunting Patriot and Hawkeye (girl one) and appears to be another cyborg/clone Tony made

manjaro
hawkeye=ronin

cap=???

grey fox
Seen it already. If you were to actually look at the preview pages you would have seen that The new Cap is hunting Patriot and Hawkeye (girl one) and appears to be another cyborg/clone Tony made

So a ...'clap' ?

Christ; Tony is just looking more and more like a douche-bag every day....

Hercules
Originally posted by grey fox
So a ...'clap' ?

laughing laughing

manjaro
there might be major credence to that especially seeing as how they carted out a cloned corpse of cap to fool the new avengers

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by grey fox
So a ...'clap' ?
Or a 'cone'

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.