Why do they always ask?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Why does the doctor ask if you smoke, have sex, drink alcohol, etc if your parents are in the room with you? I know it's procedure but you're pretty much automatically going to say no if your Mom or Dad is in the room with you unless you are an open family or they don't care.

I find it quite annoying. That happened to me today at the optometrist. messed My Mom said no for me when the lady asked the questions.

Jack of Light
Call me naive... but why would an optometrist need to know if you've had sex and stuff?

Puzzle
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
Why does the doctor ask if you smoke, have sex, drink alcohol, etc if your parents are in the room with you? I know it's procedure but you're pretty much automatically going to say no if your Mom or Dad is in the room with you unless you are an open family or they don't care.

I find it quite annoying. That happened to me today at the optometrist. messed My Mom said no for me when the lady asked the questions.

Why do you need your mommy in the room with you? There's a way to avoid the awkwardness by going in by yourself.

Röland
edit: I answered the question wrong. erm

Captain Maynard
They ask you that because they need to know about your health...

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Jack of Light
Call me naive... but why would an optometrist need to know if you've had sex and stuff?
I asked why do doctors, in general, ask that, I didn't say "optometrists" ask about sex--just alcohol and smoking.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Captain Maynard
They ask you that because they need to know about your health...
What does smoking have to do with eyesight?

Captain Maynard
What does smoking have to do with eyesight? Smoking ****s up everything. You've never gotten smoke in your eyes?

Puzzle

Smoke can irritate your eyes...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Röland

Smoking hurts your whole system, not just your respiratory system.

Smiter
Sex juice can blind your eyes. Thats why Optometrist asked you if you had sex

Strangelove
Everybody Lies no expression

Bardock42

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
Everybody Lies no expression

Hurts, too...I heard.

Smiter
My effing vision is milky after taking my contact lenses out

Now I know why you went to the Optometry Department. (eye doctors office)

Milky Vision? are you sure that You didnt have sex?

Röland
Originally posted by Bardock42
Which is absolutely fine if you want to do it to yourself...

I don't smoke.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
Which is absolutely fine if you want to do it to yourself...

Precisely. YOURSELF.

-AC

Dj88
Originally posted by Puzzle
Why do you need your mommy in the room with you? There's a way to avoid the awkwardness by going in by yourself.

If you're not 18 you can't be at the doctors without a parent. Atleast, that's how it is here.

TRH

I find it quite annoying. That happened to me today at the optometrist. messed My Mom said no for me when the lady asked the questions. have you had sex vin

TRH
Originally posted by Dj88
If you're not 18 you can't be at the doctors without a parent. Atleast, that's how it is here. where is here vin

Dj88
Originally posted by TRH
where is here vin

Here is where I livevin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.