ROTS Mace, ROTS Vader vs ROTS Yoda, ROTS Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidervlad
Mace with shatterpoint and Vapaad in ROTS, and Vader, at his peak like when fighting Obi Wan.
Yoda and Sidious both in ROTS.

jollyjim311
So is it OT Vader or ROTS Vader?

Guess it doesn't matter, Yoda and Sidious win.

Spidervlad
Sry, typo, wrote Luke instead of Obi Wan =(

I don't know man, Mace did own Sidious preety hard :/

Count Makashi
But only in a lightsaber duel, not in Force powers, Yoda and Sidious are most powerful users of their era.

Spidervlad
But lightsaber dueling counts as well, soooo....

kamikz
Yup, Yoda and Sids.

Count Makashi
I agree with Kamikz.

kamikz
Yay!

Darth_Glentract
Vader is the weaklink here. Yoda and Sidious are far above him and he'll go down far too fast for Mace to do anything, even if he were capable of it.

Spidervlad
Vader at his peak as he was fighting Obi Wan, wasn't weak at all. I would say he's just a bit weaker then Mace at that time. He would've owned Obi Wan if it was plain ground.

jollyjim311
Now I have no idea what Vader it is, but, Sidious and Yoda win. Let's leave it at that.

darthsith19
Lets see... Vader and Mace'll go at it... that'll be close, but Mace will likely come out as the winner after a very long fight. Yoda and Sidious could go either way but I go with Sidious since he won in the film. Both fights will end at about the same time, which leaves Mace and Sidious to go at it, Sidious might be a bit more tired because he's older than age but they will probably be about equally as tired so Sidious could likely take him. So I say Sith, but it could really go either way.

Edit: I messed up, thought this was Jedi vs. Sith. In that case, Mace fights Sidious and loses, Vader fights Sidious and loses. Yoda and Sidious win.

jollyjim311
(That's not the matchup)

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Vader at his peak as he was fighting Obi Wan, wasn't weak at all. I would say he's just a bit weaker then Mace at that time. He would've owned Obi Wan if it was plain ground.

All y'all need to quit this crap about the fight being in Obi-wan's favor. It wasn't. Obi-wan is beat Anakin fair and square. End of story.

jollyjim311
Due to very specific advantages. Anakin is more powerful overall.

If you were in a fight you would want Anakin to back you up over Obi Wan.

((The_Anomaly))
If this is a pure lightsaber duel Anakin and Mace have a damn good, if not easily over 50/50 chance of winning. If its an all out fight then Sidious and Yoda take it with slight difficulty.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Due to very specific advantages. Anakin is more powerful overall.

If you were in a fight you would want Anakin to back you up over Obi Wan.

THere were no advantages for Obi-wan that Anakin didn't have. The fight was even. End of story.

In a fight I'd take Obi-wan as backup anyday over Anakin.

darthsith19
Dude, Lucas has stated that Anakin is stronger than Obi-Wan and Anakin proved this to be true when he beat Dooku. Kenobi had the advantage over Anakin because he knew his moves almost as well as he knew his own. The same can not be said for Anakin.

Darth_Glentract
Dude, Lucas has stated that Anakin is stronger than Obi-Wan and Anakin proved this to be true when he beat Dooku.

Lucas stated that Anakin had more raw power. Obi-wan would still win in a fight because he is a much better fighter.

Anakin beating Dooku doesn't matter because the fight was staged.

Kenobi had the advantage over Anakin because he knew his moves almost as well as he knew his own. The same can not be said for Anakin.

BS. Anakin knew Obi-wan just as well as Obi-wan knew Anakin.

darthsith19
How would Anakin know Obi-Wan's style just as well? And the Dooku duel wasn't staged, it was meant as a test, yes, to see if Anakin was stronger than Dooku. Anakin passed the test. That in no way means that Dooku wasn't trying his hardest.

Spidervlad
Obi Wan was preety much pwned by Dooku. And it was a test, so Dooku wasn't holding back on Anakin. So Anakin>Dooku>Obi Wan.
Obi Wan trained Anakin since when he was a boy, isn't it logical that Obi Wan knew Anakin's moves better?

((The_Anomaly))
Indeed, Ob-Wan is not even remotely close to a better fighter then Anakin. Reading even a slight amount of the 'Clone Wars' novels or anything during the clone wars time frame will tell you this. Anakin should have beat the tar out of Obi-Wan, but many factors led to his downfall, most notably Sith (or rather Darkside) arrogance and his very 'unsettled' state of mind.

Darth Subjekt
the whole thing about "knowing someone's moves" is that its an absolutely stupid idea. Just because there are patterns in every style, that in no way means that the user has to do those moves in that order. If you could only do a certain "set" of moves and not improvise as the fight developed, then you're not worth your salt anyway and deserve to lose. Being able to adapt to the fight "in the moment" is what measures your prowess in anything you do.

Gideon
Well, I'm sorry to inform you, Glentract, this isn't the way the world works. The fight wasn't staged; Anakin won because his raw power is simply above and beyond what Dooku comprehend - let alone handle. Anakin uncorked it all on Dooku and slaughtered him. Here's the kicker: I bet I can back it up with more proof from the canon sources than you can.

Kadesh
^ Yup like the ROTS novel stating dooku got overwhelmed

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
the whole thing about "knowing someone's moves" is that its an absolutely stupid idea. Just because there are patterns in every style, that in no way means that the user has to do those moves in that order. If you could only do a certain "set" of moves and not improvise as the fight developed, then you're not worth your salt anyway and deserve to lose. Being able to adapt to the fight "in the moment" is what measures your prowess in anything you do.

It doesn't mean that you can take the person easily, but it does mean that you won't get surprised by any tricks and know what's in their arsenal. Obi Wan trained Anakin and knows how he likes to fight, and can be prepared for it. Obi Wan also is the master of a defensive form, kept running away, and, waited for Anakin to make a stupid mistake, because he was so pissed.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by jollyjim311
It doesn't mean that you can take the person easily, but it does mean that you won't get surprised by any tricks and know what's in their arsenal. Obi Wan trained Anakin and knows how he likes to fight, and can be prepared for it. Obi Wan also is the master of a defensive form, kept running away, and, waited for Anakin to make a stupid mistake, because he was so pissed.

Right, but you're not getting my point, i don't think. If no one was ever surprised in a fight, then no one would ever win, because you would always know whats going to be done next. If you memorize a set of moves where the 5th strike is meant to go at your head, but the person goes for your legs instead, then memorizing that set was worthless, and just cost you your legs. I see what you're saying about knowing how someone fights, but to say you know all of someones moves is just stupid to me, as you can change them up at any time if you're that good. You see what I'm saying?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Right, but you're not getting my point, i don't think. If no one was ever surprised in a fight, then no one would ever win, because you would always know whats going to be done next. If you memorize a set of moves where the 5th strike is meant to go at your head, but the person goes for your legs instead, then memorizing that set was worthless, and just cost you your legs. I see what you're saying about knowing how someone fights, but to say you know all of someones moves is just stupid to me, as you can change them up at any time if you're that good. You see what I'm saying?

I see what you're trying to say, but, remember:
Kenobi is a master of Soresu, he knows what Anakins tendencies are when he fights, and, if he tries something new, then, Kenobi will kill him (that's how Soresu goes, you wait for an opening). Trying new things in a fight with a soresu master is not a good idea, and all his old stuff, Kenobi already knows and can defend against.

Darth Brumbo
Mace takes sids down like in the movie. After that Mace and Anakin double team and annihilate Yoda.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Brumbo
Mace takes sids down like in the movie. After that Mace and Anakin double team and annihilate Yoda.

... In a lightsaber fight. With the force, Mace and Anakin are majorly dicked.

Count Makashi
In a Force fight, Sidious and Yoda own them, especially because of Vader.

jollyjim311
Yeah, he doesn't have the kind of control or mastery of the others, and while he still does have more of a natural gift, Mace, Sidious, and Yoda have some of the strongest force connections, to a point where Anakins genetic edge won't help enough.

Riverollv
I think ill go with Yoda and Sidious. Yoda takes on Mace while Sidious handles Anakin. Sidious knows Anakin's technique and moves very well, since he studied him since he was a child. Plus, his force powers are far greater. Yoda will still be fighting with Mace when Anakin and Sidious' fight ends, only then Sidious and Anakin will finish Mace. And that only if Yoda hasn't finished of Mace already

vader11
Yoda & Sidious would pwn them by using force...

Riverollv
There ya go. Mace and Anakin don't stand a chance in any way

Riverollv
sorry, *ONLY THEN SIDIOUS AND YODA WILL FINISH MACE*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.