Immortal Hercules vs Gilgamesh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Now you talk about power, here we have it folks. Two powerhouses and excellent hand to hand combatants.

Is this a stalemate.

janus77
whoa, is there a comic Gilgamesh?
always wanted to read about him and his adventures.

Hercules
Originally posted by janus77
whoa, is there a comic Gilgamesh?
always wanted to read about him and his adventures.

Yes he is an eternal, who was mistaken for Hercules among others and even completed one of his labours for him.

And yes imo, this would be a stalemate, they have fought once in comics that I know of and it was inconclusive.

They are very evenly matched.

LordFear
Originally posted by Hercules
Yes he is an eternal, who was mistaken for Hercules among others and even completed one of his labours for him.

And yes imo, this would be a stalemate, they have fought once in comics that I know of and it was inconclusive.

They are very evenly matched.

gotcha, I thought the Forgotten One would have an edge simply because of being an Eternal but then that would beg the question of how powerful an Olympian is compared to an Eternal?

Hercules
Originally posted by LordFear
gotcha, I thought the Forgotten One would have an edge simply because of being an Eternal but then that would beg the question of how powerful an Olympian is compared to an Eternal?

The forgotten one, from what I remember about him, unlike other eternals, trained in the physical and not really the mental, this is why he displays far greater strength than the other eternals.

If he had his power, plus the abilities of other Eternals, I would say he would be above Hercules.

However he is more of a slugger and a h2h combatant like Herc and easily on a par with him.

I certainly wouldn't argue for a clear victor on either side at any rate.

LordFear
so we all can agree that stalemate is the answer

guy222
Originally posted by LordFear
Now you talk about power, here we have it folks. Two powerhouses and excellent hand to hand combatants.

Is this a stalemate.

Hero was saved by The One Above All(Celestial). He should be more powerful

leonidas
gilgamesh wins. he's FAR more versatile than hercules.

Hercules
Originally posted by leonidas
gilgamesh wins. he's FAR more versatile than hercules.

On paper yes but I haven't really seen him do anything that puts him way above Herc.

To be fair I have only seen him in his stint with the Avengers and his very brief battle with Hercules, can you fill me in on any other feats.

I have always thought Gilgamesh was under rated, during his stint with the Avengers he constantly played second fiddle to Thor.

I know he was blinded for a good long while and learned to fight just as well despite it but any other info you could post would be welcome.

Like I said, if he displayed the powers of the other Eternals, along with his strength and fighting ability I would put him above Hercules.

I just haven't seen him do anything other than be a team tank.

Hercules
Hmm, I just checked out his profile, I knew he could fly, forgot about the eye blasts.

That would give Gil an edge, I'm begining to lean towards Gilgamesh, he doesn't have to go h2h with Hercules in this and can use his flight to his advantage.

We need a Gilgamesh repect thread!

I'm tempted to say 7/10 Forgotten one...

Batman-Prime
I read the Avangers back then when Gilgamesh joined them. But just for me it is and always will be Gilgamesh = Hercules = Thor :P.

Hercules
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I read the Avangers back then when Gilgamesh joined them. But just for me it is and always will be Gilgamesh = Hercules = Thor :P.

I always felt like when he was in the Avengers they forgot all about him cause Thor was there.

It was always Thor saving the day, then they had Gilgamesh get KO'd by some lava monster and go into a death like state.

I really wondered what the point was in having one of the most powerful eternals on your team and then imo, making him look like a second rate Brick.

Symmetric Chaos
1/2 God vs 2/3 God end of story stick out tongue

Hercules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
1/2 God vs 2/3 God end of story stick out tongue

Ahem...Wrong Gilgamesh stick out tongue

I was waiting for either you or trickster to bring this up though laughing

I still don't know how having a goddess for a mother and a mortal father makes you 2/3 God though. big grin

LordFear
Gil is seriously underrated and honestly I still would take the majority of wins despite flight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.