Dr. Fate(Kent Nelson) vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
winner.....my fav mage vs big grin

Symmetric Chaos
I would be utterly shocked if this hasn't been done . . .

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I would be utterly shocked if this hasn't been done . . .

I have a scan. Probably be new to u. Who wins? I love Doc Strange smile

Symmetric Chaos
I'd give it to Strange but I'll admit I'm biased.

guy222
I'd give it to Strange but I'll admit I'm biased.

Take a look at Dr. Fate. Its close.

long pig
Fate is stronger, faster and more durable. That's about it.

Old School Fate was powerful as hell, seriously.

But, Strange is simply a step above him. Strange could take that helmet or drain it's power with a gesture. There's no limit to the amount of energy Strange can steal and absorb.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by long pig
Fate is stronger, faster and more durable. That's about it.

Old School Fate was powerful as hell, seriously.

But, Strange is simply a step above him. Strange could take that helmet or drain it's power with a gesture. There's no limit to the amount of energy Strange can steal and absorb.

U have got to be kidding. The helmet belongs to nabu and it's where he resides. Strange won't be doing any such thing. Strange only does rediculously stupid shit in marvel becuz he's allowed to by magical forces there. He wouldn't be doing any of that shit unchallenged by someone whos' forgotten more spells than strange has learned. The helm has all the power and spells of every fate before the last on top of the power of nabu.

long pig
Challenged or not, he takes what he wants. I got many scans to prove it.
Stole the Uni power. Stole GR power. Stole Shuma's power. Stole infinite power. Stole cosmic power. Stole Eternity's power. None of which wanted him to take it.

As for the "forgotten more spells than Strange has learned"? I doubt it.
Strange IS 5000 years old, you know. Not as old as Nabu, but not young by any means. (nabu is like 8 ir 10 thousand, right?) And has a superhuman ability to learn magic much faster than a normal person. As well as having the largest stock of magical books/spells in the universe.

Assuming they work the same, Strange also has access to Order magic....as well as Chaos magic. Which means he can probably negate Fate altogether.

If not, then Strange Stops time. Strange steals his soul. Game over.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Stole the Uni power. Stole GR power. Stole Shuma's power. Stole infinite power. Stole cosmic power. Stole Eternity's power. None of which wanted him to take it.

Strange IS 5000 years old, you know. And has a superhuman ability to learn magic much faster than a normal person. As well as having the largest stock of magical books/spells in the universe.

Assuming they work the same, Strange also has access to Order magic....as well as Chaos magic. Which means he can probably negate Fate altogether.

If not, then Stops time. Strange steals his soul. Game over.

You are a fan boy to no end. Dr. fate's helm houses nabu and an entire mystical universe with in. It also has the power and spells of every fate before. I dont' give a damn if strange is 50,000 years old, he isn't knowing more spells than all those guys plus nabu. Strange may be able to accomplish alot in marvel due to thier rather weak magic resistance over there, but DC is magic central and it's magic is stronger than Marvel's. already been proven. Strange is NOT defeating any Fate. Especially by LMAO stealing the power of the helm in which nabu is the ruler. the same nabu who gave the spectre a hardy fight. you know the spectre, the omniversal wrath of God right? Yeah, as if strange is going to just over ride that kind of power. strange has NEVER done anything multiversal to my knowlege. let alone to a being anywhere near the power of the LT.

Joey Stacks
This is one of the most even matches in comics and basically comes down to

A.) Which company you like more
B.) Which character you like more

I like Kent more so I go with him :P

Oh and if JLA/Avengers is any indication, Strange trying to tap into Nabu's Chaos Magic might shock him (considering how low he thinks of Chaos magic) giving Kent the small opening he needs to win.

long pig
I'm a fanboy because I support the obviously more powerful character?

Hah.

Fate loses. Every Fate loses except the Nabu controlled one. The rest are below Strange.

Fate=Earth's protector.
Strange=616's Universe's protector.

Easy peasy.

long pig
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
This is one of the most even matches in comics and basically comes down to

A.) Which company you like more
B.) Which character you like more

I like Kent more so I go with him :P

Oh and if JLA/Avengers is any indication, Strange trying to tap into Nabu's Chaos Magic might shock him (considering how low he thinks of Chaos magic) giving Kent the small opening he needs to win.
Shuma's infinitely powerful guard was made up of pure black/chaos magic, Strange had no problem taking his power instantly.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Hah.

Fate loses. Every Fate loses except the Nabu controlled one. The rest are below Strange.

Fate=Earth's protector.

Easy peasy.

Strange isn't powerful like that. Most of his uber feats come from someone else's powers. While Fate's power come's from himself. Or his helm and amulet. at any rate, magic is superior in the DCU. any feat strange did in marvel can be done with faster and greater effect in the magically charged DCU. And the fact that Fate actually protected the Universe from The ALE has me thinking you dont' know what ur talking about. Earth's protector my ass.

guy222

Strange IS 5000 years old, you know. Not as old as Nabu, but not young by any means. (nabu is like 8 ir 10 thousand, right?) And has a superhuman ability to learn magic much faster than a normal person. As well as having the largest stock of magical books/spells in the universe.

If not, then Strange Stops time. Strange steals his soul. Game over.

Can u post a few scans. Thanks for posting

Joey Stacks
*plays the there is no chaos magic card*

I did in fact go there :P

long pig
Strange isn't powerful like that? Are you kidding me?!

Flawed logic, ol' boy.

First, show me scans where Fate matched ANY of Strange's better feats. You can't. Why? He doesn't have 'em. He can't/hasn't done shit that equals what Strange has done.

Strange's power comes from people who could literally STEP on Nabu. People like Eternity or all three Vishanti, all of which are above Nabu.
When Strange gets power, he's essentially as powerful as the cosmic god he's called on. Fate is LIMITED to one source of power. One. Fate knows hardly ANY spells, he has no skill in magic. He relies completely on his Helm.

Strange has thousands, many of which go so fare above Nabu is ridiculous.

Magic isn't superior in D.C. And if it was, then Strange would get a power up by being in D.C, which, by your claim, gives Fate more power. Thing is, if Fate fights anywhere but D.C, his power wains. So, this fight would HAVE to be in D.C, giving both a power up. Otherwise, Fate gets stomped even worse.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Strange isn't powerful like that. Most of his uber feats come from someone else's powers. While Fate's power come's from himself. Or his helm and amulet. at any rate, magic is superior in the DCU. any feat strange did in marvel can be done with faster and greater effect in the magically charged DCU. And the fact that Fate actually protected the Universe from The ALE has me thinking you dont' know what ur talking about. Earth's protector my ass.

Dr. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme

long pig
Originally posted by guy222
Dr. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme
Exactly.

What part of "Sorcerer Supreme" and "Master of the Mystic Arts" implies he has an equal?

long pig
Can u post a few scans. Thanks for posting
Scans of what?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Strange isn't powerful like that? Are you kidding me?!

Flawed logic, ol' boy.

First, show me scans where Fate matched ANY of Strange's better feats. You can't. Why? He doesn't have 'em. He can't/hasn't done shit that equals what Strange has done.

Strange's power comes from people who could literally STEP on Nabu. People like Eternity or all three Vishanti, all of which are above Nabu.
When Strange gets power, he's essentially as powerful as the cosmic god he's called on. Fate is LIMITED to one source of power. One. Fate knows hardly ANY spells, he has no skill in magic. He relies completely on his Helm.

Strange has thousands, many of which go so fare above Nabu is ridiculous.

Magic isn't superior in D.C. And if it was, then Strange would get a power up by being in D.C, which, by your claim, gives Fate more power. Thing is, if Fate fights anywhere but D.C, his power wains. So, this fight would HAVE to be in D.C, giving both a power up. Otherwise, Fate gets stomped even worse.

First off, Your silly if you think Eternity or any of stranges power ups can stomp Nabu. You silly twit. Nabu gave the spectre a hardy fight. and this was AFTER magic was severly weakened. NON of the gods strange can call on would last a pico second against ANY version of the spectre. SInce the helm's power is nabu's and Nabu >>>>>>>>>> any feat that strange has done, then u lose this debate son. Fate being amped by the might of nabu for the win. Goodnite. good try tho.

Joey Stacks
I wish I had my Fate comics but

There is the whole beat the anti life equation feat (though he did need a little bit of help)

and then there's the whiped out Etrigan level demons feat with a flick of the wrist

And then he fended off the Spectre for a good 7 pages (Kent not Hector's weak get his ass knocked into the helmet ass though I don't know if this feat was retconned as it was pre crisis) >.>

oh and he created a barrier that stopped (I think it was kismet, someone like that) from mauling the JSA and took off his helmet to get some thinking time.

long pig
First off, Your silly if you think Eternity or any of stranges power ups can stomp Nabu. You silly twit. Nabu gave the spectre a hardy fight. and this was AFTER magic was severly weakened. NON of the gods strange can call on would last a pico second against ANY version of the spectre. SInce the helm's power is nabu's and Nabu >>>>>>>>>> any feat that strange has done, then u lose this debate son. Fate being amped by the might of nabu for the win. Goodnite. good try tho.
You're in denial.

Eternity>Nabu. Nabu standing up to Spectre=PIS.

Nabu has hardly and feats, if any, that are better than Strange. Fate has NO feats that say he's even on Strange's level.

Not a single Fate can beat Strange. Not a single solitary one. None.

Only the merged Fate is a real threat.

long pig
Haha.

Pre-Crisis feats aren't canon. They aren't allowed to be used on this board.

Hahaha....hilarious.

Joey Stacks
I always thought that Kent was exempt given that 99% of his stories happened in Pre-Crisis AND history never rewrote any of those famous events.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
I always thought that Kent was exempt given that 99% of his stories happened in Pre-Crisis AND history never rewrote any of those famous events.

They haven't. PRecrisis is only non cannon if it is specifically expressed as such. this is why DS still retains all of his precrisi power, Hal jordan's feats are all valid, And element lad is still the best matter transmuter in comics under molecule man.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're in denial.

Eternity>Nabu. Nabu standing up to Spectre=PIS.

Nabu has hardly and feats, if any, that are better than Strange. Fate has NO feats that say he's even on Strange's level.

Not a single Fate can beat Strange. Not a single solitary one. None.

Only the merged Fate is a real threat.

LMAO and you dont' call 99 percent of strange's feats PIS? complete and utter pis. anything you can say about strange, i can claim as PIS. Fate has always been an uber powerhouse. it's not my fault your not up on the lore and mystery of DC magical wielders.

King_Mungi
Haha.

Pre-Crisis feats aren't canon. They aren't allowed to be used on this board.

Hahaha....hilarious.

Ummm...what? Yes they are unless stipulated to not include them. Also if you don't include Pre-Crisis feats then you can't even have Kent in any battle as he was a Pre-Crisis character a true Golden Age character.

I hope you meant something else, but you didn't direct quote someone so wasn't sure

long pig
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm...what? Yes they are unless stipulated to not include them. Also if you don't include Pre-Crisis feats then you can't even have Kent in any battle as he was a Pre-Crisis character a true Golden Age character.

I hope you meant something else, but you didn't direct quote someone so wasn't sure
Talking about Nabu's Pre Crisis feats. Which were mentioned earlier.

When speaking of Nabu, PC feats don't mean shit. Only current feats, which, IMO, aren't that great.

LMAO and you dont' call 99 percent of strange's feats PIS? complete and utter pis. anything you can say about strange, i can claim as PIS. Fate has always been an uber powerhouse. it's not my fault your not up on the lore and mystery of DC magical wielders.
No, I don't call 99% of his feats PIS. That would be stupid. Only an idiot would say "All Strange's feats are PIS". So, is that why you said it?

Some feats are PIS i.e the LT feat. Fate's Spectre feat is PIS. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong.

And I have over 100 fate comics, so thanks for being wrong again. It's funny, wrong just....suits you. You wear wrong very well.

King_Mungi

When speaking of Nabu, PC feats don't mean shit. Only current feats, which, IMO, aren't that great.

Well current Dr.Fate is a different character entirely. However, thread makers specifically stated Kent and his pre-crisis feats are all he has. If you don't include PC feats, then you can't even have Kent in a debate.

nvrbeenwthagirl

No, I don't call 99% of his feats PIS. That would be stupid. Only an idiot would say "All Strange's feats are PIS". So, is that why you said it?

Some feats are PIS i.e the LT feat. Fate's Spectre feat is PIS. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong.

And I have over 100 fate comics, so thanks for being wrong again. It's funny, wrong just....suits you. You wear wrong very well.

You wear Fan boy better.

LORDSIDIOUS01
winner.....my fav mage vs big grin

Dr. Fate

the Darkone
Dr. Strange is to damn verstaile, if strange want to be a prick he cann call upon the power of Agamotto.

Juntai

If not, then Strange Stops time. Strange steals his soul. Game over. Nabu is BIG BANG old brother. smile

Juntai
Tossup btw.

Juntai

Actually, pre crisis is still continuity in a way.

Thanos_THOTU
Strange snaps his fingers and he've called upon the powerd of Eternity, Fate, no matter who, is screwed no matter what.

Juntai
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Strange snaps his fingers and he've called upon the powerd of Eternity, Fate, no matter who, is screwed no matter what. No outside help

Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches.

Juntai
Nabu is equal to Eternity in the sense, he's the sibling of DC"s living universe as it stands, Kismet. So they'd just both be tapping into powers of equal stature.

It's also not like Eternity hasn't been tricked or trapped or overpowered before. It's not the be all end all, like the stature or hype would suggest.

Juntai

I hope you meant something else, but you didn't direct quote someone so wasn't sure Kent in continuity is the former, and soon to be once again Dr Fate. wink
And Kent was also Fate all the way up to around Zero Hour.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
No outside help

Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches.

no expression Then Stephen is going to have to fight Fate with out magic.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
Kent in continuity is the former, and soon to be once again Dr Fate. wink
And Kent was also Fate all the way up to around Zero Hour.

Yeah I knew that, can't wait for his on-going.

Yeah, but most of his high-ends stuff was pre-crisis. Also what Dr.Fate was it that beat the 5th dimension Imp? I can't remember

guy222
no expression Then Stephen is going to have to fight Fate with out magic.

Should be interesting. H2H. Strange knows Eternity, Ancient One. Some think he can beat LT sad

guy222
Yeah I knew that, can't wait for his on-going.

Yeah, but most of his high-ends stuff was pre-crisis. Also what Dr.Fate was it that beat the 5th dimension Imp? I can't remember

Fate is powerful

guy222
Fate is powerful

bump

Juntai

Hah.

Fate=Earth's protector.

Easy peasy. A novice turned off Dr Strange's power in his most recent arc. Fate does a similar spell and uses his VASTLY higher physical stats ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.