Halloween III: Season of the Witch, soo misunderstood!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ConalCochran
It was never intended to be about Michael Myers, people just didn't get it! you see folks Michael was DEAD at the end of "Halloween 2" as in burned to a crisp, roasted and sent to hell. John Carpenter with Debra Hill and Dino De Laurentiis studios had an idea to make the franchise into a series of different horror stories set on halloween and not Michael, like an anthology of horror stories each year in the tradition of "The Twilight Zone", "Tales from The Crypt", "Creepshow" or "Cat's Eye'. Unfortunately it bombed at the box-office as the close-minded public was expecting Michael thus the anthology idea ended as Michael returned for "Halloween 4".

I thought this was an interesting Sci-fi horror movie in the tradition of David Cronenberg and "Evilspeak" when it combines occult with sci-fi technology with a good score by Carpenter and one hell of a twist in the end.

If you can forget about Michael then you should enjoy this movie for what it tried to do.

TRH
Yes it was,good job pointing that out

ragesRemorse
it was carpenters fault for not making that point known. The movie diddnt fail because people diddnt understand the route carpenter wanted to take the franchise, it failed because people diddnt know that he was even trying to take it in anther direction. people watched the movie expecting to see a flim about myers.

LaHaine
this is the only halloween movie i have not yet seen... and, really, thats strange for me to miss something as important as that in horror cinema

Wolfie
Halloween 3 is good cheesy fun, just shouldn't be compared with the rest of the series.

LaHaine
I'LL PROBABLY TRY TO PICK IT UP CHEAP ON VHS AT SOME VIDEO STORE BLOW OUT. oh shit caps lock. sorry about that.
thanks wolfie

now time to check on my laundry. i swear some girl threw her tampon in my clothes as they were washing. by the time i found it, it was white as could be. damn.... think she did it cuz i put her underwear, etc., on top of the dryer after leaving them in the washer for so long. apartments suck

vintageSW77
It rules and if anyone wants the awesome electronic soundtrack pm me

Evil Dead
Originally posted by ConalCochran
It was never intended to be about Michael Myers, people just didn't get it! you see folks Michael was DEAD at the end of "Halloween 2" as in burned to a crisp, roasted and sent to hell. John Carpenter with Debra Hill and Dino De Laurentiis studios had an idea to make the franchise into a series of different horror stories set on halloween and not Michael, like an anthology of horror stories each year in the tradition of "The Twilight Zone", "Tales from The Crypt", "Creepshow" or "Cat's Eye'. Unfortunately it bombed at the box-office as the close-minded public was expecting Michael thus the anthology idea ended as Michael returned for "Halloween 4".

I thought this was an interesting Sci-fi horror movie in the tradition of David Cronenberg and "Evilspeak" when it combines occult with sci-fi technology with a good score by Carpenter and one hell of a twist in the end.

If you can forget about Michael then you should enjoy this movie for what it tried to do.

gee.......thanks for telling all of us about Halloween 3......we didn't know all of this 20 years ago.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Evil Dead
gee.......thanks for telling all of us about Halloween 3......we didn't know all of this 20 years ago. laughing out loud

roughrider
Whether or not it's about Michael Myers or not, has nothing to do with the fact it's a crappy piece of rancid cheese excuse for a film.

Evil Dead
I wouldn't go that far........

back before the days of DVR and OnDemand, Halloween 3 was a perfectly good movie to watch at 1am on a saturday night because nothing else was on......except maybe Hardbodies on USA Up all Night for the 5000th time.

BackFire
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I wouldn't go that far........

back before the days of DVR and OnDemand, Halloween 3 was a perfectly good movie to watch at 1am on a saturday night because nothing else was on......except maybe Hardbodies on USA Up all Night for the 5000th time.

Or the toilet for an hour and a half, which would probably be more well written and engaging.

Movie's a pile of shit.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by BackFire
Or the toilet for an hour and a half, which would probably be more well written and engaging.

Movie's a pile of shit. laughing

vintageSW77
give me it over most of the horror flicks weve had in the past 20 years

K.Diddy
Even if it wasn't a part of the Halloween franchise,this movie still sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.