spiderman vs omega red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
fist fight. not webbing, not death factor or pheramones

Priest
hahah, u know spidey cant win

psycho gundam
carbonadium tendril rammed down throat.

jrodslam
Red wins 7/10. Spidey would be a bit hard to grab and hit.

carver9
I dont even give spiderman 7 out of 10. Maybe 1 out of 10. You must dont know what omega red powers are. The guy could be unbeatable it he used his powers right.

jrodslam
Originally posted by carver9
I dont even give spiderman 7 out of 10. Maybe 1 out of 10. You must dont know what omega red powers are. The guy could be unbeatable it he used his powers right.

Did you read the OP's stipulations in this match? Im well aware of Omega Reds powers, but here hes not allowed to do the Death Factor nor Death Phermones.

TricksterPriest
Red still has his armor, healing factor, class 10-15 strength, and the tentacles. All the OP did was make the fight take longer. Red still curbstomps spidey. All he has to do is squeeze.......pop. Spidey's a red stain on the pavement. sad

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Red still has his armor, healing factor, class 10-15 strength, and the tentacles. All the OP did was make the fight take longer. Red still curbstomps spidey. All he has to do is squeeze.......pop. Spidey's a red stain on the pavement. sad

True statement.

And I apologize jrodslam I didnt read the limitations of the fight but spiderman still loses.

jrodslam
True statement.

And I apologize jrodslam I didnt read the limitations of the fight but spiderman still loses.

All good. True Spidey still loses, but Red may have a hard time catching Spidey if he cant weaken and slow him down.

Edit: Im changing my 7/10 to 8/10 for Red.

TricksterPriest
Why 8/10? In NYC, yeah, that might work. But in a neutral, closed arena? Spidey has no chance.

jrodslam
Why 8/10? In NYC, yeah, that might work. But in a neutral, closed arena? Spidey has no chance.

8/10 for Red because Spiderman is much faster than Red plus hes much stronger. Spidey is also used to fighting people with tentacles(Doc Ock) and a bit of fighting skills with a healing factor. Nothing he hasnt faced before

Red on the other hand hasnt fought many people like Spidey save for Nightcrawler(agility and speed wise) and Red used the Phermones on his ass, lol.

I think Spidey can get 2 wins on a powerless Red.

TricksterPriest
Spidey had a lot of trouble putting down Logan, and Red handed Logan his ass. Red is also a lot more agile than he lets on most of the time.

carver9
Spidey had a lot of trouble putting down Logan, and Red handed Logan his ass. Red is also a lot more agile than he lets on most of the time.

Please name me a time that spiderman (the year 1997 on up) where spiderman has ever taken wolverine out. I can name 4 or 5 instaces where wolverine has done so to spiderman. Spiderman has never beaten wolverine and never will.

TricksterPriest
Exactly. Their first fight, Spidey realized he had to go all out and break Logan's neck to win. It was in a graveyard. Spidey couldn't win. Hence, Spidey is ****ed here.

jrodslam
Exactly. Their first fight, Spidey realized he had to go all out and break Logan's neck to win. It was in a graveyard. Spidey couldn't win. Hence, Spidey is ****ed here.

Logan wasnt fighting back. He was taking the hits a smiling at Spidey.

Symmetric Chaos
Spidey has an agility and strength advantage. Every other advantage goes to OR.

OmegaRed 8/10

Redatom65
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Spidey has an agility and strength advantage. Every other advantage goes to OR.

OmegaRed 8/10

strength?

i always figured Red was stronger, but I'llt ake your word for it. Red wins regardless

Tha C-Master
I'm certain this has been done before, but Spiderman loses the majority.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Logan wasnt fighting back. He was taking the hits a smiling at Spidey. There wasn't really much else he could do. Until Spiderman got up and he sat for a sec.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65
strength?

i always figured Red was stronger, but I'llt ake your word for it. Red wins regardless

Spidey is like Class25, Red is supposed to be around Class15

Redatom65
didn't know that. Thanks yes

jrodslam
Spidey is like Class25, Red is supposed to be around Class15

I actually think Red himself is only as strong as Wolvie or Cap. The tentacles seem stronger than 15 cl imo. Colossus had trouble getting out at one point.

carver9
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I'm certain this has been done before, but Spiderman loses the majority.

There wasn't really much else he could do. Until Spiderman got up and he sat for a sec.

It was much that he could have done like when he charged him, instead of using his fist on him he could have had his claws out and gutted spiderman OR when he had spiderman on the ground punching him in the face, instead of punching him he could have clawed his head off. Wolverine laughed at spiderman effort and spiderman claimed and questioned in that comic was wolverine faster than him or not. laughing

carver9
I actually think Red himself is only as strong as Wolvie or Cap. The tentacles seem stronger than 15 cl imo. Colossus had trouble getting out at one point.

Naaah, in the hand book it states that omega red is 15 tons. He's quite strong but he never use his strength because he dont need to.

Draco69
Yeah. So how is Omega Red winning again?

Without his Death Factor and Phermones that is?

Tentacles are nothing Spidey hasn't dealt with.

Spidey's stronger.

Spidey's faster.

Spidey likely wins under these stipulations.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Draco69

Spidey's stronger.

Spidey's faster.

OR still has HF and better durability.

Draco69
Well, I guess the battle's gonna take alot longer than Spidey would hope.

I see Spider-Man speedblitzing OR on the head repeatedly until he's coughing up his own cranial fluids...

jrodslam

Spidey's stronger.

Spidey's faster.

I say Red wins due to having better fighting skills, a healing factor and grabbing Spidey with the tentacles.

To compare him to Doc, Red is faster, a better fighter, more agile and has a healing factor. Hes prety fast with the tentacles as well. Once Spidey gets cought its a wrap for him.

Thats how i see it.

carver9
I say Red wins due to having better fighting skills, a healing factor and grabbing Spidey with the tentacles.

To compare him to Doc, Red is faster, a better fighter, more agile and has a healing factor. Hes prety fast with the tentacles as well. Once Spidey gets cought its a wrap for him.

Thats how i see it.

Couldnt have said it better. Everything that doc ock is, omega reg is better. Like I have said numerous of times, spiderman does terrible against fighters and this would be another time that he would do bad. Omega red breaks his neck.

jrodslam
Couldnt have said it better. Everything that doc ock is, omega reg is better. Like I have said numerous of times, spiderman does terrible against fighters and this would be another time that he would do bad. Omega red breaks his neck.

One thing Ock does have that Red doesnt is more arms. Hes smarter also.erm

Metalmanx
8/10 for Red because Spiderman is much faster than Red plus hes much stronger. Spidey is also used to fighting people with tentacles(Doc Ock) and a bit of fighting skills with a healing factor. Nothing he hasnt faced before

Red on the other hand hasnt fought many people like Spidey save for Nightcrawler(agility and speed wise) and Red used the Phermones on his ass, lol.

I think Spidey can get 2 wins on a powerless Red.

Agreed.

Edit: Actually, I think it'll be closer. More like Red wins 6-7/10, due mostly to durability.

carver9
One thing Ock does have that Red doesnt is more arms. Hes smarter also.erm

Still wont help and red has been out much longer and knows how to use his tentacles better than doc ock. Where doc ock is just a human with arms and omega red is a mutant with superstength, enhance speed, almost invulnerable, years of fighting experience and a healing factor. Theres no way that spiderman could beat omega red. Thats like saying that black tarantula is more durable than omega red when we know that he isnt but he took spiderman best shots.

carver9
Oh and by the way wolverine has also stood there (actually he was crouched on the ground) and took some of an enraged spiderman best punches and I think that red is more durable than wolverine. How is spidey winning this fight, please let me know.

Symmetric Chaos
Well, I guess the battle's gonna take alot longer than Spidey would hope.

I see Spider-Man speedblitzing OR on the head repeatedly until he's coughing up his own cranial fluids...

He has the blizt option but Red has skill and can hit from odd angles.

It's going to be a long fight either way. But I think Red will take a fair majority.

Priest
im still wondering how spiderman is gonna even hurt him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Priest
im still wondering how spiderman is gonna even hurt him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blunt force trauma.

Even if you're invulnerable a powerful impact can really screw up your insides (LukeCage in SecretWar)

carver9
he cant hurt him, theres no way for spiderman to win this fight. Now give spiderman a strength boost then I might think differently but iron man couldnt even hurt this dude physically.

carver9
Blunt force trauma.

Even if you're invulnerable a powerful impact can really screw up your insides (LukeCage in SecretWar)

Where is the powerful force coming from, Im guessing hulk jumped in and punched omega red then left and that how he got koed because spiderman force isnt powerful enough to do anything. You do know that omega red has taken punches from colossus and rogue and iron man and sasquash, and got right back up and fought some more. Again has spiderman recently got a strength increase to the 100ton strength level because if his strength is still in the 15 to 20 ton range, omega red is laughing at his effort.

Priest
Blunt force trauma.

dude, ur gonna have to be packing missle like punches to hurt Omega Red. He's way too druable.

carver9
dude, ur gonna have to be packing missle like punches to hurt Omega Red. He's way too druable.

couldnt have agreed more.

Symmetric Chaos

25 ton punch to the head is going to hurt like hell no matter who you are.

In case of any confusion I would like to point out that I think Spidey is going to lose.

Priest

Spiderman strength > Omega Red's
but
Spiderman's Durability <<<<<Omega Red's
Omega Red's punches would effect Spiderman a lot more than Spiderman's blows to Omega Red.
plus, Omega Red is no slouch in H2H, he's has has plenty of military training from the SU.
In case of any confusion I would like to point out that I think Spidey is going to lose.
Oh i know, im just want to debate something because there are no hot threads up right now stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Oh i know, im just want to debate something because there are no hot threads up right now stick out tongue

Kay a friendly debate is always fun.

but
Omega Red's punches would effect Spiderman a lot more than Spiderman's blows to Omega Red.
plus, Omega Red is no slouch in H2H, he's has has plenty of military training from the SU.

True Sipdey would take more damage but he's also going to take fewer hit thanks to his speed and precog.

carver9

When have spiderman became 25 tons. I keep seeing different things. At 1st he is 10 tons, now I know of this upgrade, he was moved to the 15 ton strength range. Now can someone show me anywhere where it states that spiderman strength is 20 to 25 ton. I think that you made that up.

TricksterPriest
but Spidey doesn't have an HF. Nor can he break the carbonadium tentacles or red's skeleton. Whereas Red can do lasting damage to Spidey.

Metalmanx
It doesn't necessarily state it anywhere. He's just been shown on numerous occasions to lift more than 20 tons, close to, if not more than 25 tons.

Where has it been stated that Red is in the 15 ton range?

Symmetric Chaos
but Spidey doesn't have an HF. Nor can he break the carbonadium tentacles or red's skeleton. Whereas Red can do lasting damage to Spidey.

He doesn't need to.

If I punch you (I'm a class 0.025) I don't need to crack you skull to mess up your insides.

Metalmanx
but

Damn. You should probably go back in time and tell Spider-Man that he shouldn't be surviving the class 25/30/50/75/100 punches that he's taken numerous times over the years. no expression

Note: Also saying that Red wins, but nowhere near a landslide.

TricksterPriest
Doesn't change the fact that Red will heal from it eventually, whereas, if Red grabs Spidey's arm with his fist, or his tentacles and break his forearm, Spidey is screwed.

Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't change the fact that Red will heal from it eventually, whereas, if Red grabs Spidey's arm with his fist, or his tentacles and break his forearm, Spidey is screwed.

Is Pete just going to stand thier and let Red grab him?

TricksterPriest
I'm saying Red can hit-trade and Spidey can't. If Spidey tries it, he'll get killed. He can't attack Red unless he goes hit&run, and the problem with that is, if Red grabs him once, it's over.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Spidey wins. Arkady isn't a match.

Priest
Originally posted by Metalmanx
It doesn't necessarily state it anywhere. He's just been shown on numerous occasions to lift more than 20 tons, close to, if not more than 25 tons.

He's pretty darn close tho

TricksterPriest
You know, Omega Red needs a respect thread. I might try and do that some time.

Priest
Damn. You should probably go back in time and tell Spider-Man that he shouldn't be surviving the class 25/30/50/75/100 punches that he's taken numerous times over the years. no expression

Note: Also saying that Red wins, but nowhere near a landslide.
PIS aside, he should be kOed with a one clean hit against a top tier.
Im not saying tht OR, is a top tier, but a few or so of those carbonadium lased punches would do some major damage.

carver9

Where has it been stated that Red is in the 15 ton range?

It states that omega red strength is 15 tons in the wolverine hand book. Spiderman isnt 20 tons, he is 15 tons and that what it states in hand book and until I see different thats what im going by. Omega red has traded blows against colossus and rogue, both are considered invulnerable, he got to have some kind of strength to do that. Spiderman isnt winning this fight in any kind of way that your putting it and that guy that keep saying that spiderman is going to turn omega red insides to mush dont know what he is talking about and he dont know nothing about omega red. I wonder why spiderman punches didnt turn black tarantula insides to mush and I know for a fact that omega red is more durable than black tarantula. Spidey dont have a way of winning this fight.

carver9
This is him fighting iron man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Omegared004.jpg

This is a scope of his powers.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Omega_Red

horrorwolf
This is a close one. It all comes down to if Omega can manage to hit Spidey, as Spider-man is quicker, more agile, and has pre-awareness of any major strikes coming his way. With his agility advantage, wall-sticking, and overall flexiblity he should be able to avoid any signifigant damage.

If Red were a bit faster, it would be different. Spidey's not stupid either. Red would need some very solid planning and tactics to pull this one off.

carver9
run spidey, run

Metalmanx
PIS aside, he should be kOed with a one clean hit against a top tier.
Im not saying tht OR, is a top tier, but a few or so of those carbonadium lased punches would do some major damage.

Sure. Against a top-tier CLEAN SHOT, I'd agree. However, very, very, very few opponents can get a clean shot on Spidey. And even the ones that do still don't put him down.

He's taken shots from Venom, Carnage, Rhino (class 75), Morlun, Hulk, etc., etc.

Red's nowhere near the strength to really damage Spidey enough to slow him down. The carbonadium-laced fists won't really contribute to the strength either, they just make his hands not able to break on hitting Spidey. Even Scorpion (stronger than Spidey) has greatly hurt his hands while punching a weaker Spider-Man. Spidey's own durability is highly underrated.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon/spideyscans/spidey-vs-scorpion1-cropped.jpg

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/1711/128jy.jpg

It states that omega red strength is 15 tons in the wolverine hand book. Spiderman isnt 20 tons, he is 15 tons and that what it states in hand book and until I see different thats what im going by. Omega red has traded blows against colossus and rogue, both are considered invulnerable, he got to have some kind of strength to do that. Spiderman isnt winning this fight in any kind of way that your putting it and that guy that keep saying that spiderman is going to turn omega red insides to mush dont know what he is talking about and he dont know nothing about omega red. I wonder why spiderman punches didnt turn black tarantula insides to mush and I know for a fact that omega red is more durable than black tarantula. Spidey dont have a way of winning this fight.

It's interesting how, when it suits you, the handbooks are your preferred evidence for debating. Spider-Man has been 15 tons for a number of years now. With his recent upgrade from "The Other", it's pretty obvious that his strength has been increased.

Hell, even before "The Other", Spidey has been lifting way more than 10-15 tons. To deny it is to deny the truth.

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3314ec.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3324tu.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3332go.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3340wt.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3354xo.gif

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29825wc.gif
-This would require loads of strength

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyliftstrain15mmhi5.jpg
-Not underestimating Omega at all, I just can't see Red being able to lift something like this.

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36511cy.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36527rk.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36536ox.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36543pt.gif

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1003/16913xr.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2584/16926jy.jpg

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/guyverjay/Amazing_Spider-Man_32-03.jpg
-Could Red do that? I HIGHLY doubt it.

http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r6r7xa5qq.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=piledriver4qv.jpg
-Knocking out Bulldozer with one punch. Even Absorbing Man is worried. Speaking of AM...

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8725/15ej1.jpg
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6891/23so.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

TricksterPriest
.............DAMN. I had no idea Spidey was that tough. blink Red might have a good fight on his hands.......

Metalmanx
.............DAMN. I had no idea Spidey was that tough. blink Red might have a good fight on his hands.......

Exactly. That's been my argument all along.

In fact, I may have even subconsciously persuaded myself that this could be a 50/50 match, given the stipulations.

Spidey could dodge Red all day long, but putting Red down would be the most difficult thing. At the very most, Red could win 5.5-6/10.

masterbruce

In fact, I may have even subconsciously persuaded myself that this could be a 50/50 match, given the stipulations.

I'm sure that was very hard for you to persuade yourself that Spiderman had a good shot of winning. wink stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
I'm sure that was very hard for you to persuade yourself that Spiderman had a good shot of winning. wink stick out tongue

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but it was actually. I've been trying to think of a way that Spidey could combat Red's superior durability. And now, after doing some research, I've found it. Given the stipulations of this match, other than durability, Red's pretty much got nothing to bring to the table in this fight.

carver9
Sure. Against a top-tier CLEAN SHOT, I'd agree. However, very, very, very few opponents can get a clean shot on Spidey. And even the ones that do still don't put him down.

He's taken shots from Venom, Carnage, Rhino (class 75), Morlun, Hulk, etc., etc.

Red's nowhere near the strength to really damage Spidey enough to slow him down. The carbonadium-laced fists won't really contribute to the strength either, they just make his hands not able to break on hitting Spidey. Even Scorpion (stronger than Spidey) has greatly hurt his hands while punching a weaker Spider-Man. Spidey's own durability is highly underrated.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon/spideyscans/spidey-vs-scorpion1-cropped.jpg

It's interesting how, when it suits you, the handbooks are your preferred evidence for debating. Spider-Man has been 15 tons for a number of years now. With his recent upgrade from "The Other", it's pretty obvious that his strength has been increased.

Hell, even before "The Other", Spidey has been lifting way more than 10-15 tons. To deny it is to deny the truth.

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3314ec.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3324tu.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3332go.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3340wt.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3354xo.gif

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29825wc.gif
-This would require loads of strength

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyliftstrain15mmhi5.jpg
-Not underestimating Omega at all, I just can't see Red being able to lift something like this.

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36511cy.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36527rk.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36536ox.gif
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36543pt.gif

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1003/16913xr.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2584/16926jy.jpg

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/guyverjay/Amazing_Spider-Man_32-03.jpg
-Could Red do that? I HIGHLY doubt it.

http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r6r7xa5qq.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=piledriver4qv.jpg
-Knocking out Bulldozer with one punch. Even Absorbing Man is worried. Speaking of AM...

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8725/15ej1.jpg
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6891/23so.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

you want to know something, not trying to be a smart or anything but your postings was pointless. Omega red has never been in a predicument to do anything like that. Hes not a hero and he doesnt rely on his strength, he relies on his power. Everything that you showed me was in the strength range of a 15 tonner, I dont think that spiderman couldnt lift those things, wolverine lift a got darn elevator with people in it and spiderman is stronger than him. Show me spiderman taking colossus strength level punches and bouncing back up like omega red does then we can talk. Oh and by the way that scorpion pic that you showed wasnt the scorpion now, that was a much weaker version. I bet you spidey cant take one of his punches now. For spidey to be able to take one of omega red or any other person with super strength, he had a hard time taking punches from captain america. He also got knocked the f*** out by silver samarai. For him to be taking super strong punches, why in the hell did he get koed by king pin numerous of times. Do you think that king pin can koe omega red also. Dont see it happening.

Spidey have no way of beating omega red on his best day and omega red can tag spiderman just like everyone else has. If hulk can grab him by the head and almost kill him then omega red should be able to hit him with no problem. Even the flash get hit. Im not saying that spiderman wont get any licks because he will but they would be pointless and wouldnt get him anywhere.

masterbruce
Red's pretty much got nothing to bring to the table in this fight.

laughing eek! laughing laughing out loud eek!

thank you for making my night Metalmanx big grin

TricksterPriest
We REALLY need an Omega Red respect thread.

carver9
Not that I have to explain myself to you, but it was actually. I've been trying to think of a way that Spidey could combat Red's superior durability. And now, after doing some research, I've found it. Given the stipulations of this match, other than durability, Red's pretty much got nothing to bring to the table in this fight.

Well can you please keep wondering because your post didnt do anything to convince me. Oh and by the way spiderman recently got knocked the hell out by a dude in a frog suit. A normal human in a frog suit. laughing

carver9
We REALLY need an Omega Red respect thread.

Please make one but I dont have a scanner but it would be nice because he have some nice feats. I have barely ever seen someone fight this guy one on one, most of the time it usually takes a team to take him down and I dont consider spiderman a team of mutants.

Metalmanx
you want to know something, not trying to be a smart or anything but your postings was pointless. Omega red has never been in a predicument to do anything like that. Hes not a hero and he doesnt rely on his strength, he relies on his power. Everything that you showed me was in the strength range of a 15 tonner, I dont think that spiderman couldnt lift those things, wolverine lift a got darn elevator with people in it and spiderman is stronger than him. Show me spiderman taking colossus strength level punches and bouncing back up like omega red does then we can talk. Oh and by the way that scorpion pic that you showed wasnt the scorpion now, that was a much weaker version. I bet you spidey cant take one of his punches now. For spidey to be able to take one of omega red or any other person with super strength, he had a hard time taking punches from captain america. He also got knocked the f*** out by silver samarai. For him to be taking super strong punches, why in the hell did he get koed by king pin numerous of times. Do you think that king pin can koe omega red also. Dont see it happening.

Spidey have no way of beating omega red on his best day and omega red can tag spiderman just like everyone else has. If hulk can grab him by the head and almost kill him then omega red should be able to hit him with no problem. Even the flash get hit. Im not saying that spiderman wont get any licks because he will but they would be pointless and wouldnt get him anywhere.

Eh. Whatever. It's cool. We're all entitled our own opinions, regardless of how skewed they are. I've stated my peace, and if it didn't convince you, then that's your call.

Just a few things to point out though:

At the time, Scorpion was several tons stronger than Spider-Man. So regardless of its age, it doesn't change the fact that a stronger opponent was hurting himself against Spider-Man's durability.

Whenever Spidey does get hit by strong opponent, he's usually always right back up again. He's taken super-strong shots from Morlun and gotten back up almost immediately to fight some more.

And I know that Red has other powers. But, as you can clearly see, he limited to his strength, fighting skills, durability, healing factor, and coils. No death factor or death spores. Because of that, he bring nothing to the table that Spidey hasn't already dealt with before in the past. He's not stronger/faster/more agile/etc. than Spider-Man. Coils aren't a new thing either, as Spidey's been dodging Ock for over fourty years now. erm

jrodslam
Wow. Gone for a bit and you guys take off with the thread. Sweet. I love when Omega Red gets attention. TricksterPriest, i would have been made a respect thread for Omega Red, but he doesnt have that many appearances.sad

Now to add to the thread, i dont know why strength is being brought up. Spidey clearly and easily has the strength advantage over Red. HOWEVER, if Red grabs him, its all over. Red can also use the tentacles as a stabbing weapon. Also, les not forget about their speed. Hes defelected bullets with them as well as caught a running Nightcrawler(although i dont know how fast he runs).

TricksterPriest
I know. sad But he is a kickass character. I'm gonna start on a respect thread right now.

Do you have a list of his appearences? Because I have a website with pretty much every Xmen book in existence.

jrodslam
I know. sad But he is a kickass character. I'm gonna start on a respect thread right now.

Do you have a list of his appearences? Because I have a website with pretty much every Xmen book in existence.

Just so you know, your respect thread wouldnt be to long. Secondly, hes a villain so his battle feats are kinda limited. Kinda. Ill try and get you a list of all his appearances.

carver9
Eh. Whatever. It's cool. We're all entitled our own opinions, regardless of how skewed they are. I've stated my peace, and if it didn't convince you, then that's your call.

Just a few things to point out though:

At the time, Scorpion was several tons stronger than Spider-Man. So regardless of its age, it doesn't change the fact that a stronger opponent was hurting himself against Spider-Man's durability.

Whenever Spidey does get hit by strong opponent, he's usually always right back up again. He's taken super-strong shots from Morlun and gotten back up almost immediately to fight some more.

And I know that Red has other powers. But, as you can clearly see, he limited to his strength, fighting skills, durability, healing factor, and coils. No death factor or death spores. Because of that, he bring nothing to the table that Spidey hasn't already dealt with before in the past. He's not stronger/faster/more agile/etc. than Spider-Man. Coils aren't a new thing either, as Spidey's been dodging Ock for over fourty years now. erm

You know even though you always vote against wolverine or anything that has something to do with wolverine, I can tell that your a cool level headed person and I respect that. You dont get out of hand calling people names like others or curse people out, youre cool. Back to the battle. Recently you havent witness spiderman dodging everyone hits. Every opponent that he fight (majority of them isnt even in wolverine agility or speed range) they tag him quite often and rather easily. Spiderman aint superman, so he dont just stand there to get hit on purpose.

Metalmanx
You know even though you always vote against wolverine or anything that has something to do with wolverine, I can tell that your a cool level headed person and I respect that. You dont get out of hand calling people names like others or curse people out, youre cool. Back to the battle. Recently you havent witness spiderman dodging everyone hits. Every opponent that he fight (majority of them isnt even in wolverine agility or speed range) they tag him quite often and rather easily. Spiderman aint superman, so he dont just stand there to get hit on purpose.

Where have you been over the past week or so when I've voted FOR Wolverine to win in a number of threads? For the life of me, I can't remember which ones those were now. But still, I remember doing it. I only vote against Wolverine when I think he loses. I don't do it unjustly. I only vote for Spider-Man when I think he wins. I've voted MANY times for Spider-Man to lose as well. Storm vs. Spider-Man comes to mind as the most recent one.

And Spidey HAS done it a couple of times:
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfg6fs.jpg

-Spidey almost assuredly did not even get damaged by that. That blow, yes even that blow, would've made even Wolverine's nose bleed or cheek bruise for a second or two before it healed.

And OF COURSE Spidey isn't going to dodge everyone all the time. That'd be rather boring. Just like a one-page Flash comic--that's all the time it would take the Flash to save the day. But when you take even the average of all his dodging ability, it shows that he could easily evade someone like Red all day long with little effort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.