Laptop problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uneeklyconfused
Laptop Packard bell, using Microsoft Windows Xp home edition. Been using for about a year.

Laptop has stopped accepting password, having to log on under guest account.

Have been using 'safe mode' , but that transaction is no longer accepted.

I was wondering if someone could tell me why this happends? and how I can prevent it from happening again...

I will try to provide any additional information if required...

Thank you.

Vinny Valentine
Enter through My computer your Main Account.

Save everything to Disk or External Hard drive and Reformat.

LinixCobra
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
Laptop Packard bell, using Microsoft Windows Xp home edition. Been using for about a year.

Laptop has stopped accepting password, having to log on under guest account.

Have been using 'safe mode' , but that transaction is no longer accepted.

I was wondering if someone could tell me why this happends? and how I can prevent it from happening again...

I will try to provide any additional information if required...

Thank you.

DO NOT DO WHAT THE FIRST POST JUST SAID TO DO!!!!!

Its a guest account and the password expired. When you are in Safe Mode go into you account management in your control panel and reset the password for guest account or you can reset the admin account and use that or create a new user just for you.

Puzzle
Originally posted by LinixCobra
DO NOT DO WHAT THE FIRST POST JUST SAID TO DO!!!!!

Its a guest account and the password expired. When you are in Safe Mode go into you account management in your control panel and reset the password for guest account or you can reset the admin account and use that or create a new user just for you.

It was my understanding she was on her regular Administrator account and for some reason the password won't be accepted.

Uneeklyconfused
Thanks will do that , and let you know if it blows up.

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by Puzzle
It was my understanding she was on her regular Administrator account and for some reason the password won't be accepted.

Thats what was happening...

Laptop wasn't accepting the password, even after it was changed...
There was no pop up box saying that new password had been accepted, but it would require password at startup...

I have actually managed to get into it and have removed password request.... seems to be working fine now...

Thanks anyway much appreciated.

LinixCobra
Sorry, I misread the post but same principle.

dirkdirden
I was going to recomend throwing it out the window for being an Packard Bell but looks like your solution worked better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.