Sword Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
I was just wondering here which sword wielded the most power between The Sword of Omens of Thundercats or He-Man's power sword from Greyskull.

Does one sword wield more might and which one would you rather have in battle?

guy222
Originally posted by LordFear
I was just wondering here which sword wielded the most power between The Sword of Omens of Thundercats or He-Man's power sword from Greyskull.

Does one sword wield more might and which one would you rather have in battle?

He-Man's sword

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
He-Man's sword

bump

MRasheed
Other than deflect magic bolts and initiate costume changes, what else does He-Man's sword do? It must be highly durable and sharp and can cut through stone if him what wields it is strong enough. I don't remember if it had any other properties...

But the Sword of Omens had many other powers. It wore the Eye of Thundera which functioned as a talisman of power for magicians and mystics to call spells from; it could project its own magical energies used to summon others, cast illusions or cause concussion blasts and high-intensity laser beams; it warned its wielder of approaching danger; it had a telescoping blade; it could not destroy an innocent; it granted its wielder Second Sight...

...and probably many other abilities. Why should I choose He-Man's blade again?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MRasheed
it could not destroy an innocent

*goes to make armor out of babies and virgins*

MRasheed
no expression

At that point the innocents were already destroyed so you would be toast.

Evil toast. miffed

Symmetric Chaos
no expression

At that point the innocents were already destroyed so you would be toast.

Evil toast. miffed

You seem to be assuming they would be dead . . .

MRasheed
lol

omg...!

NOW YOU MUST GO DOWN, VILE VILLAIN!!! (I'll use the Claw Shield to smite you)

Adam_PoE
Other than deflect magic bolts and initiate costume changes, what else does He-Man's sword do? It must be highly durable and sharp and can cut through stone if him what wields it is strong enough. I don't remember if it had any other properties...

But the Sword of Omens had many other powers. It wore the Eye of Thundera which functioned as a talisman of power for magicians and mystics to call spells from; it could project its own magical energies used to summon others, cast illusions or cause concussion blasts and high-intensity laser beams; it warned its wielder of approaching danger; it had a telescoping blade; it could not destroy an innocent; it granted its wielder Second Sight...

...and probably many other abilities. Why should I choose He-Man's blade again?

The Sword of Power is indestructible, can project mystical energy, and open inter-dimensional gateways.

MRasheed
Really? When did it project energy? Energy generated from within itself or absorbed from an attacking source?

In any event, the Sword of Omens is just more versatile.

Adam_PoE
Really? When did it project energy? Energy generated from within itself or absorbed from an attacking source?

In any event, the Sword of Omens is just more versatile.

The Sword of Omens cannot be wielded against someone pure of heart. The Sword of Power cannot be wielded by anyone but He-Man. What do you think will happen when Lion-O attempts to wield the Sword of Omens against He-Man?

The Sword of Omens has been broken on at least two occasions. The Sword of Power is indestructible. What do you think will happen when a sword that can be broken clashes with one that cannot?

Without the Eye of Thundera, the Sword of Omens is useless.

MRasheed
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Sword of Omens cannot be wielded against someone pure of heart. The Sword of Power cannot be wielded by anyone but He-Man. What do you think will happen when Lion-O attempts to wield the Sword of Omens against He-Man?

This thread is about which sword wields the most power, not Lion-O vs He-Man.

see above.

Without He-Man the Sword of Power is useless.

MRasheed
Based on the question actually asked by this thread I'd say the Sword of Omens wields the most power between the two.

Adam_PoE

MRasheed
more powerful = has more powers

And explain how the Sword of Power is more powerful when it can be easily rendered useless just by getting rid of He-Man, the only one who can use it.

Tenebrous
more powerful = has more powers

And explain how the Sword of Power is more powerful when it can be easily rendered useless just by getting rid of He-Man, the only one who can use it.

Good point. I always loved He-Man and Thundercats, but as a kid watching those cartoons I always wanted a Sword of Omens, not He-Man's sword. Combination of being more versatile in the cartoons, on a consistent basis, and looking much better.

However the Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain would take both of these swords, IMO.

Adam_PoE

Soljer
I'd go with Eternia's sword of power.

MRasheed

Symmetric Chaos
Has super sub-superman strength (it looks like sub-spiderman)

no expression This is a guy who pushed a planet back into orbit with nothing but strength.

MRasheed
When was this?

LordFear
interesting arguments made on both sides

Adam_PoE
Considering you can just as easily put the Eye back and repair the broken sword (both of which has been done before) what's your problem?

The difficulty of repairing the Sword of Omens is illustrated in the season one episode "All That Glitters," and in the season two episode "Mumm-Ra Lives."

That was a bullsh*t statement. Since He-Man NEEDS to use the sword to deflect energy points so they won't hit him, getting rid of him is certainly not impossible. And "adapts to whatever obstacle" my butt. Since when? He-Man is tough. Has super sub-superman strength (it looks like sub-spiderman) and he can change his clothes. That's about it.

See the Respect He-Man thread.

I'm pretty sure that if he tried to crush the Eye it would fire a crimson death ray and disintegrate him.

The Eye of Thundera does not have such a property.

And then you woke up, right?

In other words, you are ignorant of the attributes of the Sword of Power.

MRasheed
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
See the Respect He-Man thread.

In other words, you are ignorant of the attributes of the Sword of Power.

Okay, yes.

Yes, D@mn it.

i didn't even know he had a comic book run...

It was funny when Supes smacked his @ss though... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.