C&C3 demo impressions(merge if you must)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doan_m
I've just got to playing the demo last night and thought it was actually allright, nothing that really rocked my socks off but its all good. It's got it's improvements over other C&C games like the ribbon below the build queue UI that lets you multi-tier through buildings. That is actually quite convenient compared to alot of RTS games where you have to back track to your base and click on multiple buildings in order to create multiple groups. While not exactly innovative in the sense, It really does have that C&C feeling (unlike Generals) which gives you that air of nostalgia. Other improvements include, infantry now being grouped into squads(I guess you can thank Ground Control for that) and Orca ships that don't land on middle ground in enemy territory. My only beef is that sometimes it looks a tad bit absurd when troops are throwing entire salvo's of laser projectiles at each other but there still standing taking the brunt of the battle.....

Load times are blazing fast! My 1.67 Ghz processor managed to load a skirmish game in less then 20 seconds and the game run pretty damn smoothly on my Radeon 9600. The biggest surprise for me in the game was in the live action scenes, where Number six(battlestar galactica), Ironside(starship troopers and Cameron(House) appeared. It was actually the appearance of Cameron which surprised the hell out of me.

Oh yes, and defining moment of the demo for me: Running over NOD infantry with my harvester, yup C&C3 has still got it.

§P0oONY
C&C should have died a long time ago.

Smasandian
It's pretty good.

I love how fast the game is. You can literally get 10 rifle squads in 2 minutes.

I'm definitly buying the game if the reviews are good. I had a blast with the game.

Burning thought
i think its a very nice and clean game, nothing new...dont know about the balance yet until i face human opponents but the AI definatley cheats on Brutal difficulty, can anyone actually have a no handicap game against the brutal diff?

doan_m
^You can set it on brutal difficulty? I was looking around the game trying to adjust the settings but with no luck whatsoever.....

Burning thought
yeh u can easily change difficulty, in a skirmish mode its to the left....you can also play as the brother hood as well as change AI behavior, simply keep pressing the first letter of what your trying to do while clicking the option

for example you keep pressing "N" if you want to play as Nod..keep pressing the darkened out "Nod" option to play as them

JToTheP
I can't play the demo purely because of my video card, that's so stupid. I was going to play on low settings. sad I love C&C, I hated Tiberian Sun, but I love C&C except for it's lack of Skirmish, I love RA 1 & 2 the most, and wanted to play 3. :/

Smasandian
Oh come on dude.

It's an PC game. You must of known if your computer can handle it or not.

JToTheP
Smasand, I wanted to play the demo PURELY because I know my PC can't handle it. My PC is from 2002, and it can play every game on the First Decade disc except Generals.

Zen2nd
Well if it can't play Generals, its not going to be able to play 3.

I quite enjoyed the game. I like when you have a group of different units selected that you can quickly pick which ones you want in the heat of a battle.

Plus reverse driving! I don't know how its going to be useful but it sure is snazzy big grin

Smasandian
I just like how crazy fast the gameplay is.

One thing that I find wierd is the hot chick from House telling me to build up my base using barracks and plants. It was kinda of unsettling having an actress in the biggest show on TV right now telling me a tutorial about the game.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Smasandian
I just like how crazy fast the gameplay is.

One thing that I find wierd is the hot chick from House telling me to build up my base using barracks and plants. It was kinda of unsettling having an actress in the biggest show on TV right now telling me a tutorial about the game.

yeh hehe i kno how you feel, it shoud be a bloke sayin stuff like that..

JToTheP
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Well if it can't play Generals, its not going to be able to play 3.

I quite enjoyed the game. I like when you have a group of different units selected that you can quickly pick which ones you want in the heat of a battle.

Plus reverse driving! I don't know how its going to be useful but it sure is snazzy big grin

I just SAID that. >_> confused It doesn't let me play the demo at all.

FistOfThe North
I just finished downloading the new c&c demo and'll play it later and see if it's as good as E.A. and others has been saying it is.

And by the way, C&C: Generals was the best generals.

Smasandian
It's pretty fun.

§uffer§noopy

JToTheP
Too late, spooony will never be stopped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.