The Punisher versus The Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
just straight-up urban hide & seek/hunter-prey situation.

horrorwolf
Punisher shuts Terminator down.

Soljer
Which terminator? 800? 850? T-1000? T-X?

What is the environment like? What equipment do each of the combatants have?

grey fox
800 - Pun takes him.

850 - Frank get's nuked

1000 - LOL , Punisher get's shitstomped without a H-Bomb.

the_satan32
T-800 is not very strong but a T-850 was able to hold his own against a T-X so Frank dies. A T-1000 kills him without any real effort and a T-X well....no comment.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by grey fox
800 - Pun takes him.

850 - Frank get's nuked

1000 - LOL , Punisher get's shitstomped without a H-Bomb.

I second that.

Tassadar
Originally posted by the_satan32
T-800 is not very strong but a T-850 was able to hold his own against a T-X so Frank dies. A T-1000 kills him without any real effort and a T-X well....no comment.

Actually, the T-X would be easier to take down the the T-1000. Explosives could down the T-X, because it has a hard core, but the T-1000 can reform from almost nothing.

janus77
I meant the first Terminator from the original movie.
didn't expect there'd be a fight if it was any other Terminator.

fight happens in ... umm ... "Down town LA" (not that I have a clue what that's like).

assume Frank can break into a mall and grab some guns and stuff - like in the movie.

Soljer
Well, the Arnie Terminator in the first two movies was the T-800. The Arnie Terminator in the third movie was a T-850. The 850 was significantly more durable, and seemingly faster and stronger.

The 800's, however, could eventually be taken down. I dunno if Frank would manage though - what equipment does he have? If he only has what he can get a hold of at a mall, he'll probably go down.

janus77
he's a crack shot though, no?
I think he should win this more often than not. he'd have to be really lazy and having an 'off day' not to.

the main thing is that the T-800 could be damaged with bullets.

so aim for the knee caps, immobilise the T-800 and then you're free to do what you like.

the T-1000/T-X are far too adaptable and invulnerable for a human to effectively combat.

boriquaking55
Pun would die, but no Terminator model could hang with the goddamned Batman!

/thread

Rewmac
Barnold Spitzmayer for the win....

Soljer
Originally posted by janus77
he's a crack shot though, no?
I think he should win this more often than not. he'd have to be really lazy and having an 'off day' not to.

the main thing is that the T-800 could be damaged with bullets.

so aim for the knee caps, immobilise the T-800 and then you're free to do what you like.

the T-1000/T-X are far too adaptable and invulnerable for a human to effectively combat.

The 800 was totally immune to bullets. I don't recall bullets ever really doing any lasting damage, regardless of shot placement.

Also - you never answered the question, what weapons does the punisher start with, if any?

janus77
The Punisher gets his usual assortment of guns (bah, never did pay attention to his weapons) and grenades, a shot-gun too.

I remember the Terminator getting 'flesh wounds' as a result of getting shot. even having to repair himself because of it. it took some major ammo but it did happen.

big guns, well placed shots = immobilised Terminator.

Soljer
Does the Terminator get anything to start with as well, or is he going in unarmed?

janus77
he's got his trusty shot gun, and also whatever he wants to take from passers by, shops etc.

it's just an urban setting, so any weapons you'd find in a gun shop.
no taking cars and running each other over though no

the_satan32
Originally posted by Tassadar
Actually, the T-X would be easier to take down the the T-1000. Explosives could down the T-X, because it has a hard core, but the T-1000 can reform from almost nothing.

T-1000 can reform but T-X is almost invulnerable, it took a mini nuke to destroy it. T-X also has various kinds of innate ranged weapons which combined with it's other abilities is overkill (at least against the Punisher).

A T-800 has good chances, normal weapons have no effect on the Terminator. It took getting getting blown up to actually damage it.

grey fox
Punisher takes this. A car-crash/fire stripped away it's outer skin and a printing press crushed it. A few grenades should do the job.

xmarksthespot
Anything at or above the T850 should kill him, I concur.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
Punisher takes this. A car-crash/fire stripped away it's outer skin and a printing press crushed it. A few grenades should do the job.

It's outer skin is not supposed to be any sort of defense or armor.

It's not for protection. It's for infiltration. Talking about how easily the fake skin was damaged is inane.

Odds are the 800 could even take the Punisher. But 850 and above stomp him.

endrict
Yah frank can take him down...7/10. If the human can do it in the first movie, he can do it way better.

Soljer
Originally posted by endrict
Yah frank can take him down...7/10. If the human can do it in the first movie, he can do it way better.

He only took the Terminator down because the Terminator was focused on killing Sarah. Also, the method in which he took that Terminator down would not be available to Frank.

endrict
why not?....Frank can think something up to destroy him.

janus77
remember though, the Terminator's hand was mashed up, his eye was mashed up too (not just the 'skin').
he was just capable of taking a great deal of punishment, not actually immune to physical damage.

seriously, with the right kind of ammo, The Terminator should be incapacitated by someone like The Punisher.

he could blast a shotgun in the face of The Terminator, do it repeatedly and you're guaranteed to actually destroy the sensors that give The Terminator visual input.

could Frank dodge and dive and utilise the location against The Terminator better than The Terminator could against him? I'm pretty certain he could. The Terminator wasn't very versatile, just a combination of strength, durability and unlimited ammunition.

endrict
Frank has a army full of weapons in his van and knows how to use them, he wins.

Now T1000 will be a much harder fight but, with the right thinking he can still win.

Soljer
Originally posted by endrict
Frank has a army full of weapons in his van and knows how to use them, he wins.

Now T1000 will be a much harder fight but, with the right thinking he can still win.

He doesnt have his van in this fight.

And even if he did, he wouldn't take out a t1000.

braz
T-800? Frank ftw. 7/10. he'd have to dish out alot of Punishment for this one though, if an oil tanker aint around or a steel forgery.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
It's outer skin is not supposed to be any sort of defense or armor.

It's not for protection. It's for infiltration. Talking about how easily the fake skin was damaged is inane.

Odds are the 800 could even take the Punisher. But 850 and above stomp him.

I was thinking in more of the sense that the skin would hamper the attempts at destroying the robo-skeleton.

endrict
He doesnt have his van in this fight.

And even if he did, he wouldn't take out a t1000.

so what weapons does he have?

xjustice69x
franks got a good chance here guys hes no slouch!
in the future thay kill these things all the time! now mabey the rifles thay use are high tech and all but the resorses are limited.
and most asuradly the training thay have is not nearly the level frank has.
frank is the equivlent of a top tier pro athleat with the drive of a serial killer and the training of a top tier special forces demolitions and expert marksmen.
i would venture a gues that he is way above any human we have seen fight a terminator.

with prep these things have no chance
with out hes taking at leaste 4 /10

python99
Punisher no problem. All terminator versions go down. Punisher uses a circuit scrambler and messes up the terminators main computer then he does whatever he pleases. He will have fun with the T-X though Happy Dance
droolio

qqqqqqq
The 800 was totally immune to bullets. I don't recall bullets ever really doing any lasting damage, regardless of shot placement.

Also - you never answered the question, what weapons does the punisher start with, if any? but it got blown up by some weakass bombs

qqqqqqq
Originally posted by python99
Punisher no problem. All terminator versions go down. Punisher uses a circuit scrambler and messes up the terminators main computer then he does whatever he pleases. He will have fun with the T-X though Happy Dance
droolio the terminators can think ok?

qqqqqqq
Originally posted by Tassadar
Actually, the T-X would be easier to take down the the T-1000. Explosives could down the T-X, because it has a hard core, but the T-1000 can reform from almost nothing. no you're wrong, i think it has a fixed body mass, if some of it is lost, it may lose an arm or leg when it reforms

python99
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
the terminators can think ok?

OOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK! confused

qqqqqqq
no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by xjustice69x
franks got a good chance here guys hes no slouch!
in the future thay kill these things all the time! now mabey the rifles thay use are high tech and all but the resorses are limited.
and most asuradly the training thay have is not nearly the level frank has.
frank is the equivlent of a top tier pro athleat with the drive of a serial killer and the training of a top tier special forces demolitions and expert marksmen.
i would venture a gues that he is way above any human we have seen fight a terminator.

with prep these things have no chance
with out hes taking at leaste 4 /10

In the future, Terminators are almost NEVER killed. The resistance rarely fights them straight-up. That's why they were made in the first place - to infiltrate into the resistance, and start killing people. Taking out and reprogramming Arnie like they did was, admittedly, a GREAT feat of luck.

Nothing more.

The punisher may be able to take out a T-800, but the 850 has much greater durability, and was strong and fast enough to take on a T-X in direct combat. Anything 850 or above will smear Frank.

An to Endrict, the original poster said that Frank would be strapped as he normally is, which means to me that he'd have an assault rifle (maybe two), a couple pistols, a knife or two, extra magazines, and a shotgun. Oh, and the original poster gave him some grenades.

None of which will really even begin to damage the Terminator. The only reason that the improvised explosive worked on the Terminator in the first movie was because it was put INSIDE the terminator while the terminator was distracted by Sarah Conner.

Assuming that this Terminator is programmed to terminate Frank, he'll likely do so with great efficiency.

Darth Martin
Is this a joke? No disrespect to Punisher but the T-800 is everything Castle is just waaayyy more durable and stronger. Some you guys are saying Terminator will be injured. It doesn't feel pain. Sure it can be knocked back with an appropiate cartridge(shotgun) but that is just pure kinetic force. It doesn't damage or penetrate it's armour. It's made out of titanium and tungsten. If anyone will go down it's Castle, he's a normal human. Sure he can take alot of damage for a human being but this is different. H2H Castle gets creamed. With prep I see him winning the majority but w/o.......Terminators are like tanks when you put weapons in their hands. In the first film the T-800 assaulted and killed everyone in a police station except Sarah and Reese. The cops had Carbines and handguns. The only damage it aqquired was to his skin. He repaired it do to his ability to infiltrate, not because it was hurt. In the second movie the T-800 shot up like over a hundred police officers with a minigun........MINIGUN and killed none to do it's almost perfect accuracy. These cops had M-16's, MP5's, Shotguns, and Handguns. In the third he did it similar when he took out like a couple S.W.A.T. units at the cemetary. Took alot of lead and didn't even phase him just it's skin. Then he shot them up with a .50 Cal. machine gun and hit none due to accuracy.

braz
I would rather get punished than terminated. no expression That said, Terminator, 800 or w/e wins. It does not matter.

braz
In the future, Terminators are almost NEVER killed. The resistance rarely fights them straight-up. That's why they were made in the first place - to infiltrate into the resistance, and start killing people. Taking out and reprogramming Arnie like they did was, admittedly, a GREAT feat of luck.

Nothing more.

The punisher may be able to take out a T-800, but the 850 has much greater durability, and was strong and fast enough to take on a T-X in direct combat. Anything 850 or above will smear Frank.

An to Endrict, the original poster said that Frank would be strapped as he normally is, which means to me that he'd have an assault rifle (maybe two), a couple pistols, a knife or two, extra magazines, and a shotgun. Oh, and the original poster gave him some grenades.

None of which will really even begin to damage the Terminator. The only reason that the improvised explosive worked on the Terminator in the first movie was because it was put INSIDE the terminator while the terminator was distracted by Sarah Conner.

Assuming that this Terminator is programmed to terminate Frank, he'll likely do so with great efficiency.

How did they get the explosive inside the Term...? confused but still, that was a 650, right? The 800 should be better.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by braz
How did they get the explosive inside the Term...? confused but still, that was a 650, right? The 800 should be better. No, Soljer is correct. While the T-800 was distracted, Reese slipped dynamite into it and blew it in hald killing Reese and injuring Sarah. But T-800 did't die it was just his waist down was blown off. It still was going after Sarah. And it was a T-800. wink

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No, Soljer is correct. While the T-800 was distracted, Reese slipped dynamite into it and blew it in hald killing Reese and injuring Sarah. But T-800 did't die it was just his waist down was blown off. It still was going after Sarah. And it was a T-800. wink

Ok, gotcha.

Soljer
Soljer is correct.

You're god damned right he is.

stick out tongue.

Alfheim
No, Soljer is correct. While the T-800 was distracted, Reese slipped dynamite into it and blew it in hald killing Reese and injuring Sarah. But T-800 did't die it was just his waist down was blown off. It still was going after Sarah. And it was a T-800. wink

You forgot to mentiuonthat was fater his body was destroyed by an explosion from an oil tanker.

If Punisher can do this to Ulik than he can beat a terminator.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5466/pun1gh5.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4092/pun2en1.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5994/pun3mi6.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1848/pun4jb7.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1576/pun5nt4.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9481/pun55bp7.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8500/pun6bi7.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7987/pun7rn7.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5576/pun8uv9.jpg

Frank not an idiot he has basic knowledge and its an urban survival thing im pretty sure he could get some transport and lead him to some place that he can use the envinronment.

People are forgetting than even though Frank is human IMO opinion he is much better than the guy in Termintor. Frank has good showings agsinst superhumans and has beaten The Reavers? Franks wins agsinst the first version.

Hell he might even beat the second version the same way he beat the first version. Frank has basic knowledge he knows its made out of liquid he need liquid weapons. For example molten metal ****ed it up, therefore it could be argued that acid and lost of acid could do the trick. Im pretty sure that Frank could get acid somewhere in the city.

Soljer
It could also be argued that Frank would beat a T-1000 with a combination of teddy bears. It can't be argued very well, but it could be argued.

However, there is no evidence that acid OR teddy bears would harm a T-1000 at all. And the 1000 doesn't have to fight like an idiot. It's an infiltrator - not a combatant. To the Punisher, the 1000 is just another guy on the streets, no different.

Not that it'd matter - the Punisher couldn't take an 850, either...

And, as far as THIS thread is concerned, he can't take an 800. All he has is 'standard equipment.' None of his standard night-to-night gear will even phase an 800 for a moment.

I mean, I know you have a punisher man crush, I know it's hard to see your boy go down to a jobber 'race' like the Terminators....

But, if it makes you feel better, Predators or Aliens or the Robocop'd all take Frank too.

Alfheim
It could also be argued that Frank would beat a T-1000 with a combination of teddy bears. It can't be argued very well, but it could be argued.

However, there is no evidence that acid OR teddy bears would harm a T-1000 at all. And the 1000 doesn't have to fight like an idiot. It's an infiltrator - not a combatant. To the Punisher, the 1000 is just another guy on the streets, no different.

Not that it'd matter - the Punisher couldn't take an 850, either...

And, as far as THIS thread is concerned, he can't take an 800. All he has is 'standard equipment.' None of his standard night-to-night gear will even phase an 800 for a moment.

I mean, I know you have a punisher man crush, I know it's hard to see your boy go down to a jobber 'race' like the Terminators....

But, if it makes you feel better, Predators or Aliens or the Robocop'd all take Frank too.

The T-1000 was destroyed by a liquid at a high temperature, liquid meatl at hight temperature. Metal in a solid form does not affect the T-1000 eg bullets, therefore its not illogical to think that a powerful acid will affect the T-1000 because it is a liquid at high temperature similar to the molten metal.

Obvously if the T-1000 is just anothet guy on the street Frank isnt going to stay in area with lots of people is he? Hes going to try and go to an isolated area where he can try and observes anybody from a distance.

If Frank can hold off Ulik hes beating an 800, it doesnt matter because you just pick and choose what you decide is PIS or not. Any feats that dont feat your criteria is fanboyism. Its a bloody comic.

Not a hard concept to understand. Your not a fanboy of anything your just a hypocrite who contradicts himself every one in a while and is to arrogant to see it. Caps Kos Thunderball and not Luke Cage.

Soljer
laughing .

Acid's a liquid at a high temperature? Take an eighth grade science class and come back to the boards, dolt.

And, go take a poll of how many people honestly believe Cap can KO Luke Cage with a right cross. Go ahead.

Two things; one, you're the one responsible for the 'CAP CAN PUNCH WIT 100 TONZ OF FORCES!!11'

Two, I have repeatedly admitted that I do not always personally believe the side I argue for will win. I have admitted that I will say something one week, if I can get away with it, and counter that argument from another poster the following week. I 'debate' here for fun - sometimes I debate, sometimes I play devil's advocate, and sometimes I act a fool. The board's a fun place to be, and taking it seriously all the time is a little too anal for my tastes.

So, please, allow me to culminate with; get off my nuts. Anytime I see you in a thread, all you ever say is "Yeah, you're retarded, Soljer. You're so ignorant, you can't debate, you think Cap can knock out thunderball but not luke cage, you're so dumb!"

And I don't exaggerate. Any time.

Lay off, you make a fool of no one but yourself.

Alfheim
laughing .

Acid's a liquid at a high temperature? Take an eighth grade science class and come back to the boards, dolt.

Acid would have a similar affect like molten metal would have on the T-1000 wouldnt it? Acid is liquid and its burns, the same ways the molten metal would. no expression

And, go take a poll of how many people honestly believe Cap can KO Luke Cage with a right cross. Go ahead.

There were quite a few people in the Cap vs Luke Cage thread who thought that Cap could KO Luke so you failed.

Two things; one, you're the one responsible for the 'CAP CAN PUNCH WIT 100 TONZ OF FORCES!!11'

Your an idiot, go back to my thread and see what I said. When you can actually read what I said then you get the right to comment.

Two, I have repeatedly admitted that I do not always personally believe the side I argue for will win. I have admitted that I will say something one week, if I can get away with it, and counter that argument from another poster the following week. I 'debate' here for fun - sometimes I debate, sometimes I play devil's advocate, and sometimes I act a fool. The board's a fun place to be, and taking it seriously all the time is a little too anal for my tastes.

That maybe the case with some arguments but you have time and time again argued for Wolverine taking shots from the Hulk and argued against Punisher hitting Spiderman or other street levelers, so that does not apply here.

If yuou want to change your mind thats ok, that doesnt give you the right to make fun of legitamate points.

So, please, allow me to culminate with; get off my nuts. Anytime I see you in a thread, all you ever say is "Yeah, you're retarded, Soljer. You're so ignorant, you can't debate, you think Cap can knock out thunderball but not luke cage, you're so dumb!"

And I don't exaggerate. Any time.

Lay off, you make a fool of no one but yourself.

That doesnt change a thing. You listed Cap Koing Thunderball as one of his legitimate feats. Saying that Cap can Ko thunderball and not Luke is hypocrisy. If you want toi change your mind thats ok but dont make fun of peoples opnions. I dont give a **** why you debate, keep it civil and stop being arrogant.

godking
Originally posted by Alfheim
You forgot to mentiuonthat was fater his body was destroyed by an explosion from an oil tanker.

If Punisher can do this to Ulik than he can beat a terminator.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5466/pun1gh5.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4092/pun2en1.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5994/pun3mi6.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1848/pun4jb7.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1576/pun5nt4.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9481/pun55bp7.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8500/pun6bi7.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7987/pun7rn7.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5576/pun8uv9.jpg

Frank not an idiot he has basic knowledge and its an urban survival thing im pretty sure he could get some transport and lead him to some place that he can use the envinronment.

People are forgetting than even though Frank is human IMO opinion he is much better than the guy in Termintor. Frank has good showings agsinst superhumans and has beaten The Reavers? Franks wins agsinst the first version.

Hell he might even beat the second version the same way he beat the first version. Frank has basic knowledge he knows its made out of liquid he need liquid weapons. For example molten metal ****ed it up, therefore it could be argued that acid and lost of acid could do the trick. Im pretty sure that Frank could get acid somewhere in the city. Frank with his normal equipment is not beating a Terminator.

Not enough stopping power

And punisher did'nt do shit to Ulik other then annoy him.

DD saved his ass.

Soljer
Acid would have a similar affect like molten metal would have on the T-1000 wouldnt it. Nope, like I said, off to the eighth grade science class with you.

There were quite a few people in the Cap vs Luke Cage thread who thought that Cap could KO Luke so you failed.

Yeah? How many credible people? And there wasn't 'quite a few,' there were a few. Go make the poll and see how far you get - I dare you.

Your an idiot, go back to my thread and see what I said. When you can actually read what I said then you get the right to comment.
I know what you wrote, and I knew exactly what you meant when you said it. Doesn't change the fact that you're dead wrong and still a fanboy. erm.

That maybe the case with some arguments but you have time and time again argued for Wolverine taking shots from the Hulk and argued against Punisher hitting Spiderman or other street levelers, so that does not apply here

Okay, hold on, what exactly DOES apply here? Elaborate.

That doesnt change a thing. You listed Cap Koing Thunderball as one of his legitimate feats. Saying that Cap can Ko thunderball and not Luke is hypocrisy. If you want toi change your mind thats ok but dont make fun of peoples opnions. I dont give a **** why you debate, keep it civil and stop being arrogant.

Exactly! If it suits me for a particular thread, I'll talk about Cap knocking out thunderball - if it suits me for a particular thread, I'll talk about Cap getting taken out my a sumo wrestler....

And I don't make fun of people's opinions, I make fun of their blatant ignorance. Or, rather, I did.

I'm always civil, and am only arrogant when it suits my posting style.

You, on the other hand, bring with you huge amounts of bias and are constantly dripping with ignorance - no matter what thread you walk in. erm.

Alfheim
Originally posted by godking
Frank with his normal equipment is not beating a Terminator.

Not enough stopping power

Thats true but thats why I said he can obtain high strength acid to beat the liquid terminator.

And punisher did'nt do shit to Ulik other then annoy him.

My point is that if Frank could hold off a being that powerful he can do well against a Terminator.

DD saved his ass.

Yeah how did he do it? By beating up Ulik? No. Hell Frank saved DDs ass from Rock Trolls earlier on in that series.

godking
Thats true but thats why I said he can obtain high strength acid to beat the liquid terminator.

My point is that if Frank could hold off a being that powerful he can do well against a Terminator.

Yeah how did he do it? By beating up Ulik? No. Hell Frank saved DDs ass from Rock Trolls earlier on in that series. The acid thing might work if Frank has enough time and has an an induststrial acid bath at hand Lets not forget that the T1000 fell into a container with molten metal Frank would have to stay alive long enough to lure a T1000 to molten metal or acid in enough quantity to damage him.

Another thing is that Frank does not know the terminator is coming and has no info on him .A terminator sent from the future would have info on Frank.

He might evade a T800 long enough long enough to lure him into a trap maybe a t850 not a T1000 or a TX

Alfheim
Nope, like I said, off to the eighth grade science class with you.

That doent change a damn thing......when the liquid comes into contact with the T-1000 its going to BURN its going to do something similar to what the molten metal did. Dont tell me that the two situations are NOT similar. Furthermore acid reacts to metal. If you dont think its going to be similar you explain why you prove it.

Yeah? How many credible people? And there wasn't 'quite a few,' there were a few.

No there wasnt go back to the thread and see for yourself there were many. GreyFox and llagarok where just two of many. What your forgeting is that those people who even said Luke could win the majority still think that Cap could KO Luke, so no you failed. There were many.

Go make the poll and see how far you get - I dare you.

Why do I need to go back to the poll when you go back to the thread and see for yourself? Get the **** out of here.

I know what you wrote, and I knew exactly what you meant when you said it.

Really well what was I saying?

Doesn't change the fact that you're dead wrong and still a fanboy. erm.

Well then clearly you are an idiot because there are loads of scans to prove my point and thats one of your favourite arguments. If there are feats to back it up than we can take it as evidence.

Okay, hold on, what exactly DOES apply here? Elaborate.

My point is this, you may claim you chnage your argument but not about the Punishers capabilities. You have always argued that he cant take out superhumans and street levelers.

Exactly! If it suits me for a particular thread, I'll talk about Cap knocking out thunderball - if it suits me for a particular thread, I'll talk about Cap getting taken out my a sumo wrestler....

Actually thats bullshit anyway your arguments converning Cap and Wolverine have always been consistent. So no its not about you changing your mind its about you contradicting yourself. All the way through the Spiderman vs Cap thread you were pretty consistent. You ahve never said that Cap Koing Thunderball was PIS, the fcat is that you see it as a legitimate feat and have never changed your argument, so all this is hypocrisy.

And I don't make fun of people's opinions, I make fun of their blatant ignorance. Or, rather, I did.

Because I dont know exactly how acid works doesnt change the fcat it would have a similar affects as molten metal....it would BURN.

I'm always civil, and am only arrogant when it suits my posting style.

So your not always civil then...thanks for that.

You, on the other hand, bring with you huge amounts of bias

Bull**** how am I biased.

and are constantly dripping with ignorance - no matter what thread you walk in. erm.

I dont know everything but you know what I dont give a ****. Id rather be ignornat on comics that be an arrogant hypocrite.

Soljer
That doent change a damn thing......when the liquid comes into contact with the T-1000 its going to BURN its going to do something similar to what the molten metal did. Dont tell me that the two situations are NOT similar. Furthermore acid reacts to metal. If you dont think its going to be similar you explain why you prove it.

It's like five AM, I'm going back to bed now. I'll rip the rest of your post to shreds later...

But....

Are you seriously even trying imply that a cup of three thousand degree liquid is comparable to the corrosive effect that acid has on metal?

Really?

Alfheim

Are you seriously even trying imply that a cup of three thousand degree liquid is comparable to the corrosive effect that acid has on metal?

Really?

Ok lets put it this way. I dont know exactly how acid works but its similar to liquid at 3000 degrees in tha fcat that it will eat destroy the metal itself.

For example bullets and swords do not affect the terminator BECAUSE they will just go through it. A superacid will be similar to 3000 degrees liquid in the sense that it will attack the liquid metal itself. The acid will dissolve and corrode the metal.

I maybe wrong about how exactly the acid will affect the metal but it seems that im not wrong in the principle that it will **** the metal up.

Alfheim

Another thing is that Frank does not know the terminator is coming and has no info on him .A terminator sent from the future would have info on Frank.

Yes he does know its coming he just doesnt know when. We assume that everbody has basic knowledge unless otherwise suggested.

Soljer
So, you're saying that a nuclear bomb works just like a brick because they can both kill someone. Gotcha.

I'm going to go have a 'debate,' 'argument,' or 'discussion' with someone who ISN'T a complete moron now. Have a nice day.

Alfheim
So, you're saying that a nuclear bomb works just like a brick because they can both kill someone. Gotcha.

I'm going to go have a 'debate,' 'argument,' or 'discussion' with someone who ISN'T a complete moron now. Have a nice day.

That still doesnt change the fact that some acids corrodes and dissolves metal. You are just focusing on the fact that I dont know exactly how acid reacts, this enables you to ignore the fact that you were wrong that a superacid could harm a T-1000.

Nice escape there. Your usual tactic of just focusing on what part of the argument suits you. This doesnt change the fact that acid can harm a T-1000.

Kazenji
I'm with Alfheim on this debate Frank could beat the terminator after all he has taken out an Eradikator robot.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm with Alfheim on this debate Frank could beat the terminator after all he has taken out an Eradikator robot.

Hell he prepped for Venom. If he can prep for Venom something tells me he can find a way to beat a T-1000. Dunno about the third version though.

Soljer
That still doesnt change the fact that some acids corrodes and dissolves metal. You are just focusing on the fact that I dont know exactly how acid reacts, this enables you to ignore the fact that you were wrong that a superacid could harm a T-1000.

Nice escape there. Your usual tactic of just focusing on what part of the argument suits you. This doesnt change the fact that acid can harm a T-1000.

You assume that acid can affect the terminator because you've watched the episode of the simpsons where a vial of acid ate through a wall.

That is your extent of knowledge.

You have _NO_ idea how acid works, and, therefore, are ill-equipped to put forth the argument that it would work as an effective attack against a terminator. Not to mention the fact

Go take an eighth grade science class, learn a little about the T-1000, and THEN try to put forth a coherent argument. So far, you might as well be saying 'Franc magikcs 'em awegihay!!!'

JasonK4
You assume that acid can affect the terminator because you've watched the episode of the simpsons where a vial of acid ate through a wall.

You have _NO_ idea how acid works, and, therefore, are ill-equipped to put forth the argument that it would work as an effective attack against a terminator. Not to mention the fact

Go take an eighth grade science class, learn a little about the T-1000, and THEN try to put forth a coherent argument. So far, you might as well be saying 'Franc magikcs 'em awegihay!!!'
Ouch

Alfheim

No actually there are sites on the web that state that some acids can corrode and dissolve metal.

http://www.finishing.com/290/84.shtml

This for starters...eventhough it states that it would take days, im pretty sure that there are more powerful acids than that and there is nothing to say that Punisher couldnt capture the T-1000 , it might not work but it could be done.

"No actually there are sites on the web that state that some acids can corrode and dissolve metal."

Im not going to a damn thing, your going to explain how is it that acid can dissolve metal but cant hurt a T-1000....or **** off and stop wasting my time. Stop making excuses.

Just like I said you're an idiot you have focused that I dont know exactly how acid works but fail to acknowledge the fcat that some acids dissolve and corrode metal

Originally posted by JasonK4
Ouch

Yeah....seems like you've just come at the end of a debate and as usual dont what the hell is going.....again. So ok i'll ask you if acids can dissolve and corrode metal dont you think that it has a good chance of destroying a T-1000?

Soljer
Oh, good god.

You send me to a FINISHING website?!?!

That's your big research? There's your big expository fact?

A ****ING FINISHING website?!

I'm sorry, I'll make you look like more of a fool later, I think I just ruptured my spleen from laughing so hard, I need an emergency room....

Alfheim
Oh, good god.

You send me to a FINISHING website?!?!

That's your big research? There's your big expository fact?

A ****ING FINISHING website?!

I'm sorry, I'll make you look like more of a fool later, I think I just ruptured my spleen from laughing so hard, I need an emergency room....

Not not really there other scientifc forums as well. I couldnt be bothered to find them. I dont know I might find some others but im probably wasting my time.

Some acids dissolve corrode metal therefore it should be able to destory a T-1000.

http://www.krysstal.com/acidbase.html

Acids are corrosive and can burn flesh and dissolve metal.

You finished being a **** now? I dont like looking up acids on the web especially in this day an age.

Soljer
Let's break this down into logical connectives.

Statement A: The Terminator is made of metal.

Statement B: Acids which dissolve and corrode metal exist.

Therefore, Acids can dissolve and/or corrode a terminator?

That's the statement, correct?

Then let's see what we've ignored; the terminator's true composition. The fact that he is a MOLECULAR-machine. The fact that he can control which molecules are on the outside, therefore, making a 'shield' of dead metal (kind of like out top layer of dead skin), thereby not allowing any more acid to touch him. The fact that it would take an EXTREMELY high molarity acid to even noticeably affect the terminator in anyway. The fact that these acids are NOT just laying around. The fact that the Punisher won't just HAPPEN to notice them. The fact that the Punisher would have already been killed by two stabs in the eye. no expression.

Alfheim

Then let's see what we've ignored; the terminator's true composition. The fact that he is a MOLECULAR-machine. The fact that he can control which molecules are on the outside, therefore, making a 'shield' of dead metal (kind of like out top layer of dead skin), thereby not allowing any more acid to touch him.

I see so the acid is just going to stay on the surface and not eat right through it. I can see an acid bath reach all through the surface.

The fact that it would take an EXTREMELY high molarity acid to even noticeably affect the terminator in anyway.

The Punsiher has caught Venom before. If Frank was able to capture the Termiantor and catch him and acid bath for a long duration he could win. So even if it doesnt work straight away it will eventually.

The fact that these acids are NOT just laying around.

The scenerio allows for prep because it is hunt situation like in the Terminato films. The Punisher has a database and im pretty sure he can obtain them. Sonic weapons arent just lying around either but he still obtained one and beat venom.

The fact that the Punisher won't just HAPPEN to notice them.

What the T-1000 are acid? If you are refering to acid he can obtain it. If you are refering to the T-1000 hes not just going to stand around in a crowded area where it can sneak up on him.

The fact that the Punisher would have already been killed by two stabs in the eye. no expression.

Nahhh really.

Well done havent proven anything.

Soljer
1. Where'd you get the idea that there was prep?

2. How the HELL is the punisher going to catch the T-1000? Please, enlighten me.

That's your argument right now? The Punisher will somehow manage to capture the T-1000, and somehow run across the highest molarity acid known to man, and/or a nice large helping of molten steel, and bathe the Terminator in it?

Because the 1000 just chills and lets it happen? Nah. The Punisher will have no idea what he looks like - and the Terminator can always go amorphous and appear exactly the same as the floor, slowly crawling till he is actually UNDER the Punisher. Where he can then just envelop the punisher and put two spikes through his brain.

Frank would have NO way to EVER detect him coming.

Soljer
Oh; and acid doesn't just 'eat through' things. It doesn't make matter go POOF.

It's a chemical reaction - with products. Products that can't be broken down further.

Oh, and it's highly unlikely that the acid would even work, considering that the terminator is a MOLECULAR GOD-DAMNED MACHINE!

I'm glad you can google the words "acid dissolve metal" but, seriously...eighth grade science, my friend.

masterbruce

2. How the HELL is the punisher going to catch the T-1000? Please, enlighten me.

That's your argument right now? The Punisher will somehow manage to capture the T-1000, and somehow run across the highest molarity acid known to man, and/or a nice large helping of molten steel, and bathe the Terminator in it?

Because the 1000 just chills and lets it happen? Nah. The Punisher will have no idea what he looks like - and the Terminator can always go amorphous and appear exactly the same as the floor, slowly crawling till he is actually UNDER the Punisher. Where he can then just envelop the punisher and put two spikes through his brain.

1. Punisher uses an infrared vision scope to detect T1000 out of a crowd (his body heat is lower)

2. Punisher borrows Reed's molecular gun to weaken the bonds in T1000. T1000 becomes mush and is unable to regain form.

3. Punisher sucks up T1000 into a highgrade adamantium canister.

4. Punisher chills

Soljer
1. The Terminator can change the heat of his body, to be identical to that of a human, or to be totally invisible to infrared.

2. The Punisher is borrowing stuff from Reed now? When the hell did the 'no outside help' rule go out the window?

3. And the Punisher has these laying around? And a vacuum? Not to mention that the Terminator isn't liquid - he's a collection of small nanites. The Punisher may suck up a tiny tiny section of nanites, and then he'd have two spikes through the brain for his trouble.

4. Sure he does.

In a nice plushy coffin, six feet under.

Alfheim

The thread starter stated that it was an urban hunt prey situation. I assumed that this was like in the movie where they were able to hide and find and create new weapons.

If theres no prep he dies.

If he cauhgt Venom, held off and pissed Ulik, beaten the Reavers he can ****ing capture a T-1000. For starters he can wait for the T-1000 to come to him.

That's your argument right now? The Punisher will somehow manage to capture the T-1000,

Oh right ok, so Franks captured Venom, Deapool beaten the Reavers, theres no ****ing way hes gonna capture a T-1000 is there?

and somehow run across the highest molarity acid known to man, and/or a nice large helping of molten steel, and bathe the Terminator in it?

Er well excuse me.....sonic weapons arent just lying around are they??? He still managed to get one didnt he??

Because the 1000 just chills and lets it happen? Nah.

Yeah of course. I thought the T-1000 would just stay there and pick its nose. All I said was that Frank could find a way I didnt even give a ratio....geeeeezzz. That doesnt mean that Frank would easily or manage to implement it but it could be done.

The Punisher will have no idea what he looks like -

Thats why you dont stay in a crowded area! You go somwhere like a factory.

and the Terminator can always go amorphous and appear exactly the same as the floor, slowly crawling till he is actually UNDER the Punisher. Where he can then just envelop the punisher and put two spikes through his brain.

Yes he could. Even when it morphs into a floor its still metal. Magnets or electormagnets could be a way of detecting it.

Oh; and acid doesn't just 'eat through' things. It doesn't make matter go POOF.

It's a chemical reaction - with products. Products that can't be broken down further.

Oh, and it's highly unlikely that the acid would even work, considering that the terminator is a MOLECULAR GOD-DAMNED MACHINE!

I'm glad you can google the words "acid dissolve metal" but, seriously...eighth grade science, my friend.

but despite that still got damaged by an explosive round. If that can **** it up exposure to superacid over a long duration will.

The fact that acid doesnt make matter go POOF is niether here nor there. Molten metal doesnt make metal go POOF either.

Creshosk
The thread starter stated that it was an urban hunt prey situation. I assumed that this was like in the movie where they were able to hide and find and create new weapons.

If theres no prep he dies. You can only find and use that which would be in an urban environment. Since labratories that would have the amount of acid you'd need to thorughly clean a Terminator won't be able to be found then the amount you'd need to tarnish a terminator is not going to happen and to completely disolve one with an acid is out of the question.

The fact that acid doesnt make matter go POOF is niether here nor there. Molten metal doesnt make metal go POOF either. Molten metal makes metal melt, which is why there was a slow disolve of the T-1000 and it even tried to jump out of the molten metal.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Creshosk
You can only find and use that which would be in an urban environment. Since labratories that would have the amount of acid you'd need to thorughly clean a Terminator won't be able to be found then the amount you'd need to tarnish a terminator is not going to happen and to completely disolve one with an acid is out of the question.

You dont have labratories and factories in the city?

Molten metal makes metal melt, which is why there was a slow disolve of the T-1000 and it even tried to jump out of the molten metal.

Yeah I know my point is that it doesnt make metal go POOF it melts it. Acid doesnt make metal go POOF it dissolve it.

Soljer
You can only find and use that which would be in an urban environment. Since labratories that would have the amount of acid you'd need to thorughly clean a Terminator won't be able to be found then the amount you'd need to tarnish a terminator is not going to happen and to completely disolve one with an acid is out of the question.

Thank you, CHRIST, someone knows a LITTLE bit about molarities.

Alfheim
Thank you, CHRIST, someone knows a LITTLE bit about molarities.

It seemed to me he implied that you needed alot of acid to do it.

I also stated it could work over a long duration.

Soljer

Yeah I know my point is that it doesnt make metal go POOF it melts it. Acid doesnt make metal go POOF it dissolve it.

The terminator isn't mercury. It's not liquid metal.

It's billions and billions of molecular machines. Small, tiny molecules functioning as independent machines.

Why would acid even work on it?

Further more; you're giving the Punisher the benefit of the doubt. A terminator won't know that the Punisher is just chilling in a factory of Reed's lab (apparently...I dunno where else you'd find the required acids).

However, he DOES have detailed files that describe the Punisher as a benevolent good-guy.

The Terminator proceeds to become an amorphous blob, hide, indistinguishable from the ground, and THEN let the Punisher walk up, envelop him, and stab him in the brain.

The Punisher cannot win this without a plot device. He cannot attain a plot device, because in your average urban environment, they don't exist.

Soljer
It seemed to me he implied that you needed alot of acid to do it.

I also stated it could work over a long duration.

Did YOU happen to notice that he said TARNISH?

Do you know what the word tarnish means?

Oh; and nice edit. Try to hide your ignorance. smile. It doesn't help much.

Creshosk
You dont have labratories and factories in the city? For the amount and type you'd need?

Hell you still haven't even said which acid it'll be that would have any effect.

Remember cop out answers are not accepted.

"He's batman he'll find a way." Counts as a biased answer for example and is against the rules. smile

Yeah I know my point is that it doesnt make metal go POOF it melts it. Acid doesnt make metal go POOF it dissolve it. Yeah, and usually over a long period of time. And that's even if it would work on a T-1000 which is composed of we don't know what. Heat from molten metal is a given but the effects of acid on an unknown metal, we don't even know if acid would tarnish it. Or if it would absorb the acid into it and make it more dangerous.

masterbruce

It's billions and billions of molecular machines. Small, tiny molecules functioning as independent machines.

"In the Terminator 2 story, The T-1000's major innovation is its "mimetic poly-alloy" construction -- an intelligent liquid metal."

--wiki

also, Punisher can just freeze T 1000.

Alfheim

Why would acid even work on it?

Didnt an explosive round work on it. Hey if its billions of machines it shouldnt ahve been affected by that either.

Further more; you're giving the Punisher the benefit of the doubt. A terminator won't know that the Punisher is just chilling in a factory of Reed's lab (apparently...I dunno where else you'd find the required acids).

However, he DOES have detailed files that describe the Punisher as a benevolent good-guy.

1. The Termiantor listens to the radio, do something dramtic that will let people know you are there.. There are factories and labs in cities.

Furthermore im not giving him the benefit of the doubt I never said that he could win this without a doubt, I simply gave scenerio in which it could work.

The Terminator proceeds to become an amorphous blob, hide, indistinguishable from the ground, and THEN let the Punisher walk up, envelop him, and stab him in the brain.

The Punisher cannot win this without a plot device. He cannot attain a plot device, because in your average urban environment, they don't exist.

Well its not like that couldnt happen. Like I said if retreats to a factory he could have electromagnets that can detect it.

Creshosk
Originally posted by masterbruce
"In the Terminator 2 story, The T-1000's major innovation is its "mimetic poly-alloy" construction -- an intelligent liquid metal."

--wiki

also, Punisher can just freeze T 1000. With what? We're having trouble finding significant amounts of acid, where is he going to get the amount of liquid nitrogen he needs in an urban setting?

Soljer

--wiki

also, Punisher can just freeze T 1000.

It's a half truth.

He's a collection of nanites.

Soljer
An explosive round shook the structure. Imagine a tower of legos. Throw a baseball at it.

The tower goes to pieces, but (most likely) the legos are unaffected. You can simply rebuild the tower.

The explosive round didn't harm the terminator. It slowed it down.

Soljer
Acids, magnets, what other pseudoscience bullshit are you going to pull out to give your buddy frank the win?

Do we even know whether the Terminator is ferrous? I kind of doubt it. Skynet would, you know, notice such a glaring weakness in their creation.

masterbruce
It's a half truth.

He's a collection of nanites.

he may be nanites...but the nanites are metallic in nature

masterbruce

Do we even know whether the Terminator is ferrous? I kind of doubt it. Skynet would, you know, notice such a glaring weakness in their creation.

wow, that's some poor logic right there

Alfheim
Did YOU happen to notice that he said TARNISH?

Do you know what the word tarnish means?

Oh; and nice edit. Try to hide your ignorance. smile. It doesn't help much.

Fair enough, im not perfect but that still doesnt change the fact that the plan could work.

For the amount and type you'd need?

Oh so in other words it could be done then?

Hell you still haven't even said which acid it'll be that would have any effect.

Im not running from a T-1000 all I know is that there are supercids and that they can dissolve metal im not going to spend several hours looking through the web so I can debate with you im going to use the information I have available.

Remember cop out answers are not accepted.

"He's batman he'll find a way." Counts as a biased answer for example and is against the rules. smile

its not baised let me explain why. Venom has superhuman strength, speed and duarability. The Reavers are cyborgs. Deadpool is a superhuman MA with a healing factor. I didnt say he could capture it because he was Punisher and said he could capture it and gave the examples of people who he has captured and thus giving an explantion, get it?

Yeah, and usually over a long period of time. And that's even if it would work on a T-1000 which is composed of we don't know what. Heat from molten metal is a given but the effects of acid on an unknown metal, we don't even know if acid would tarnish it. Or if it would absorb the acid into it and make it more dangerous.

Of course it might not work all I said was its a possibility I dont see how that deserves being called a Punisher fanboy.

Creshosk
Didnt an explosive round work on it. Hey if its billions of machines it shouldnt ahve been affected by that either. It blew him apart, but he would have been able to reform.. all it did was push the T-1000 apart. it didn't defeat him.

1. The Termiantor listens to the radio, do something dramtic that will let people know you are there.. There are factories and labs in cities. With the amount and type of acid you'd need? There is none that would have the effect of nail polish remover on styrofoam... THAT by the way is how they do metal disolving acids in the movies. As none actually exist that can do that. You'd have to completely submerge the terminator and hold him there long enough for the acid to do its job. I'm pretty sure they don't have vats of acid just lying around that can disolve metal.

Furthermore im not giving him the benefit of the doubt I never said that he could win this without a doubt, I simply gave scenerio in which it could work. But there's alot of doubt about the scenerio... because you still haven't shown how it'll work.

Well its not like that couldnt happen. Like I said if retreats to a factory he could have electromagnets that can detect it. unless the metal its made of is non-ferrious, then the electromagnets wouldn't be able to tell it apart from anything else.

Soljer
he may be nanites...but the nanites are metallic in nature

But he's not liquid. And the metal part of him...well...nanorobots, while resembling metal, may not be any such thing. The TRUE nanorobots we currently have aren't made of solely metal. They couldn't be - they wouldn't be effective or efficient. Read up on nanotechnology, and nano/microrobotics. Even wiki would do, I'm sure.

Soljer
wow, that's some poor logic right there

No, the poor logic is assuming that, because it appears to be metal, it IS metal, and because it IS metal, it MUST be ferrous.

Allowing for the possibility of non-ferrous materials (which are actually FAR FAR more common) in good logic, my friend.

Creshosk
wow, that's some poor logic right there What, saying that we don't know if this poly-alloy is effected by elector magnetism?

No, its poor logic to go. "Oh its metal therefore its ferrious." As not all metal is ferrious... notice you can't pick up precious metals with a magnet?

Alfheim
It blew him apart, but he would have been able to reform.. all it did was push the T-1000 apart. it didn't defeat him.

Yeah I know....

With the amount and type of acid you'd need? There is none that would have the effect of nail polish remover on styrofoam... THAT by the way is how they do metal disolving acids in the movies. As none actually exist that can do that. You'd have to completely submerge the terminator and hold him there long enough for the acid to do its job. I'm pretty sure they don't have vats of acid just lying around that can disolve metal.

So in other words they do can do it if its submerged long enough?

But there's alot of doubt about the scenerio... because you still haven't shown how it'll work.

Of course but as I stated if he can capture DP and Venom and defeat the Reavers he stands a chance.

unless the metal its made of is non-ferrious, then the electromagnets wouldn't be able to tell it apart from anything else.

thats true but it might be made of ferrous metal, there is always doubt in these things.

masterbruce
No, the poor logic is assuming that, because it appears to be metal, it IS metal, and because it IS metal, it MUST be ferrous.

Allowing for the possibility of non-ferrous materials (which are actually FAR FAR more common) in good logic, my friend.

the poor logic was assuming he wasn't ferrous because Skynet wouldn't allow a flawed creation.

Alfheim
the poor logic was assuming he wasn't ferrous because Skynet wouldn't allow a flawed creation.

Thank you!

The fact is its a debate about fictional characters and there will be alot of doubt both sides of reasonalbe points. What you dont do it insult another person beacuse they have a different opinion....geeezzz.

Soljer

No, the fact that skynet is well aware of humans and their overt use of electromagnetic pulses - as, you know, pointed out in the Terminator comics, would lead one to believe that skynet would not protect itself, only to then NOT protect itself.

no expression.

masterbruce
But he's not liquid. And the metal part of him...well...nanorobots, while resembling metal, may not be any such thing. The TRUE nanorobots we currently have aren't made of solely metal. They couldn't be - they wouldn't be effective or efficient. Read up on nanotechnology, and nano/microrobotics. Even wiki would do, I'm sure.

um...we aren't debating by the real world.

T1000 is described as liquid metal...and you said he was nanite, which I accept without proof, thus his nanites must be made of, at least partially metallic substance.

If Punisher has any sort of EMP device, this may very well reduce T-1000 into rubbish.

masterbruce
No, the fact that skynet is well aware of humans and their overt use of electromagnetic pulses - as, you know, pointed out in the Terminator comics, would lead one to believe that skynet would not protect itself, only to then NOT protect itself.

no expression.

you also realize that skynet may realize potential weaknesses with its creation, but simply isn't able to build a better model due to technological limitations, right?

Alfheim

no expression.

That apllies to disabling tech, not using electromagnets to detect terminators.

Soljer
um...we aren't debating by the real world.

T1000 is described as liquid metal...and you said he was nanite, which I accept without proof, thus his nanites must be made of, at least partially metallic substance.

If Punisher has any sort of EMP device, this may very well reduce T-1000 into rubbish.

No, because skynet is well aware of EMPs, as noted in the terminator comics, and has taken steps to shield itself.

It would not, then, UN-shield itself.

Further; he was described as liquid metal, because it's an easy analogy to make. He is not a liquid, so if one part of the title doesn't hold true, why must the other? It's far more likely, according to our own technology, to construct a swarm nanorobot out of non-metallic substances.

masterbruce
No, because skynet is well aware of EMPs, as noted in the terminator comics, and has taken steps to shield itself.

because it can shield a terminator

does not mean it can utilize that defense effectively in every of its conceptions

what works for a robot may be much harder, if not impossible, to implement in a nanite organism

masterbruce

Further; he was described as liquid metal, because it's an easy analogy to make. He is not a liquid, so if one part of the title doesn't hold true, why must the other? It's far more likely, according to our own technology, to construct a swarm nanorobot out of non-metallic substances.

actually, he fulfills the property of a liquid - able to deform and reform according to boundaries and also able to flow

Soljer
because it can shield a terminator

does not mean it can utilize that defense effectively in every of its conceptions

what works for a robot may be much harder, if not impossible, to implement in a nanite organism

You're grasping at straws.

It is far more likely that skynet HAS shielded the t-1000 than it is that it did not.

Sure, anything's possible. Maybe Skynet engineered the 1000 out of cheese. Anything's possible, that wasn't DIRECTLY stated.

However, it HAS been stated that skynet shields its creations.

Why would it shield all of its creations but, just, randomly, not choose to shield this one?

Soljer
actually, he fulfills the property of a liquid - able to deform and reform according to boundaries and also able to flow

According to boundaries, my friend.

He doesn't just flow. Willing yourself to, is not the same thing as being at the mercy of flow and boundaries.

Creshosk
Yeah I know....

So in other words they do can do it if its submerged long enough?Well... hypothetically speaking you might be able to damage him enough if you found an acid that worked... however given the fact that its nanites and if they are indeed molecular then you're using molecues to fight molecue sized things. For all we know the nanites would be able to pull the molecues of the acid apart and store them to be used on Frank. The heat from the molten metal .. well if you know what heat is it works on a slightly smaller scale that just molecular to at least an atomic level if not smaller...

Its not very phesable given the limited knowledge that we have.

Of course but as I stated if he can capture DP and Venom and defeat the Reavers he stands a chance.You're still facing a problem in your scenerio of finding what he needs.

What acid would he be using, where is he going to get it? I won't accept a "He's the punisher! He'll find a way." Because the point of these debates is for YOU to find a way.

thats true but it might be made of ferrous metal, there is always doubt in these things. So if there is always doubt then its not doubtful that Frank's plan might not work.

And remember it has to have Iron in it for it to be ferrious... That's why Iron is Fe

ferrous means "Made of iron." If its made of titanium or some other alloy(mixture of metals) it's not going to be ferrous.

masterbruce
You're grasping at straws.

It is far more likely that skynet HAS shielded the t-1000 than it is that it did not.

Sure, anything's possible. Maybe Skynet engineered the 1000 out of cheese. Anything's possible, that wasn't DIRECTLY stated.

However, it HAS been stated that skynet shields its creations.

Why would it shield all of its creations but, just, randomly, not choose to shield this one?

ok, Im going to use an analogy

computer producers want to deliver the most powerful computers to customers

however, while they can put in a powerful 3d card into a desktop, they have to use a lesser card for a laptop due to technological limitations

it would be foolish of me to say that since computer companies build the best possible computers, laptops and desktops must have equivalent power

masterbruce
anyways, Im not saying it isn't EMP shielded, just that you can't assume it is

Creshosk
um...we aren't debating by the real world. Right, but we often times use real world knowledge to suppliment the knowledge we don't have from the given

If Punisher has any sort of EMP device, this may very well reduce T-1000 into rubbish. Do they just leave those lying around the city along with the vats of gallons of acid and liquid nitrogen?

Soljer
You're comparing two unlike things. Logical fallacy.

Also, the fact that it's unknown but MORE LIKELY to be shielded than unshielded means that arguing EMP is a very, very poor route to take.

Alfheim
Oh yeah and apparently some magnets can pick non-ferrous metals.

http://www.rexresearch.com/mrmagnet/mrmagnet.htm

The point is, though, that the varying field in the washers will induce, in turn, a large current in any metal object (ferrous or not) brought near them. This current, of course, sets up a magnetic field in the object. And the direction of the field will always be such that the part of the object in contact with the outside face of the set of washers will move the opposite magnetic polarity fro that face. Therefore, the object will be attracted.

Well its your word against his. Maybe its rubbish.

What we can still conclude that acid can dissolve a T-1000 but you need lots of it and a long time.

masterbruce
Right, but we often times use real world knowledge to suppliment the knowledge we don't have from the given

Do they just leave those lying around the city along with the vats of gallons of acid and liquid nitrogen?

we know comic physics and science is completely absurd, hence pointless to use real science to supplement

as to the EMP grenades, I was just wondering if it is part of Frank's usual arsenal

Soljer
Yes, magnets CAN affect non ferrous materials. I'm proud of you, a little research.

However, conduct a little more on the subject, and go ahead and figure out why it's entirely ineffective in this scenario.

masterbruce
You're comparing two unlike things. Logical fallacy.

Also, the fact that it's unknown but MORE LIKELY to be shielded than unshielded means that arguing EMP is a very, very poor route to take.

your argument:

because Skynet shields some creations

it must shield all creations

that's a logical fallacy in and of itself

Creshosk
Oh yeah and apparently some magnets can pick non-ferrous metals.

http://www.rexresearch.com/mrmagnet/mrmagnet.htm

The point is, though, that the varying field in the washers will induce, in turn, a large current in any metal object (ferrous or not) brought near them. This current, of course, sets up a magnetic field in the object. And the direction of the field will always be such that the part of the object in contact with the outside face of the set of washers will move the opposite magnetic polarity fro that face. Therefore, the object will be attracted.

Well its your word against his. Maybe its rubbish.

What we can still conclude that acid can dissolve a T-1000 but you need lots of it and a long time. No we have not concluded that the acid will dissolve the T-1000... What metal is it made out of? What acid are you using?

Or are you once again pulling shit out of your ass and saying this is the way things work? Like hulk being able to just flex and use energy attacks?

Dissolve technicly isn't the right word, its more of accelerationg oxidization, which as was said before we don't know if it would work on a t-1000 because we don't know the material its made of so we don't know the oxidization properties of it.

You can't say that something has been concluded when it hasn't.

Hell everything carries an electric charge because there is electricity acting as the bonds in all things.

Soljer
your argument:

that's a logical fallacy in and of itself

Kindly do not put words in my mouth. Thanks.

My argument was that since Skynet shields it's creations (note that there is no some, all, many, or any other qualifier. Just it's creations)

That it is far more likely that skynet has also shielded the T-1000.

Since it is more likely that the terminator IS shielded than it is NOT shielded, arguing something that is unlikely to work is a very weak tactic indeed.

masterbruce
so far 3 things Punisher COULD do to effect T-1000 in order of plausibility

1. EMP grenade (I know Frank can get these if he wants)

2. Freeze and contain (Frank should be able to locate some fire extinguishers)

3. destroy with acid (this might be hard for Frank to locate acid vats)

Creshosk
we know comic physics and science is completely absurd, hence pointless to use real science to supplement Its not that absurd. Youre really reaching here. They still have gravity, they still explain electricity, things still work with molecules. To say they are as different as you're making them out to be is a sham distinction.

as to the EMP grenades, I was just wondering if it is part of Frank's usual arsenal Does he always have EMP grenades on him? How often does he go up against criminals whom that would be effective on?

Soljer
EMP grenades. Which are, in and of themselves, entirely unlikely to work.

Liquid nitrogen, which Frank is VERY unlikely to run across in the necessary volumes. Not to mention the fact that it WOULDN'T STOP THE DAMNED THING!

Did you notice how the T-1000 was, again, slowed but not beaten?

And, lastly, acid vats, which would need to be the strongest acid known to man, need to be of the appropriate type, need to even be able to affect the molecular machines that comprise the Terminator.

In other words, alfheim and yourself are grasping. at. straws.

Creshosk
so far 3 things Punisher COULD do to effect T-1000 in order of plausibility

1. EMP grenade (I know Frank can get these if he wants) Where? They don't just leave those lying around the city. Again, no biased arguments.

2. Freeze and contain (Frank should be able to locate some fire extinguishers) Do you even know how fire extinguishers work?

3. destroy with acid (this might be hard for Frank to locate acid vats) We don't even know if that would work. Different acids corrode different materials. Put the terminator in the wrong one and nothing is going to happen.

You do know that acids are all different right?

Creshosk
your argument:

that's a logical fallacy in and of itself Which fallacy? If you're going to call one then tell me which one is that? smile

Alfheim
Well... hypothetically speaking you might be able to damage him enough if you found an acid that worked... however given the fact that its nanites and if they are indeed molecular then you're using molecues to fight molecue sized things.

What so acid doesnt affect things on the molecular level, now?

For all we know the nanites would be able to pull the molecues of the acid apart and store them to be used on Frank. The heat from the molten metal .. well if you know what heat is it works on a slightly smaller scale that just molecular to at least an atomic level if not smaller...

Its not very phesable given the limited knowledge that we have.

Well that could have applied to the molten metal as well.

You're still facing a problem in your scenerio of finding what he needs.

What acid would he be using, where is he going to get it? I won't accept a "He's the punisher! He'll find a way." Because the point of these debates is for YOU to find a way.

Look im too tired to go into detail. I already explained that I didnt say that hes the Punisher he can do it I gave a list of superhumans he captured. Its not the same damn thing as saying hes Frank....do I have to explain this again?

So if there is always doubt then its not doubtful that Frank's plan might not work.

And remember it has to have Iron in it for it to be ferrious... That's why Iron is Fe

ferrous means "Made of iron." If its made of titanium or some other alloy(mixture of metals) it's not going to be ferrous.

Well apparently you can but obvoulsy thats just somebodies opinion.

masterbruce
EMP grenades. Which are, in and of themselves, entirely unlikely to work.

Liquid nitrogen, which Frank is VERY unlikely to run across in the necessary volumes. Not to mention the fact that it WOULDN'T STOP THE DAMNED THING!

Did you notice how the T-1000 was, again, slowed but not beaten?

And, lastly, acid vats, which would need to be the strongest acid known to man, need to be of the appropriate type, need to even be able to affect the molecular machines that comprise the Terminator.

In other words, alfheim and yourself are grasping. at. straws.

EMP grenades, which are in and themselves, entirely likely to work (see how effective arguments are when you just state something with NO reason?)

T1000 wasnt destroyed by freezing becuase they were idiots and chose to break him apart and allow him to melt.

It's funny, you're saying we dont know what type of substance T1000 is and therefore we're not sure what kind of acid would damage him...yet you speak with conviction that only the strongest acid would damage him....inconsistency?

masterbruce
Which fallacy? If you're going to call one then tell me which one is that? smile

i forget the exact name of the fallacy, but its the one where you make assumption about an entire class based on small sample

ie. I saw 3 fat Americans, therefore ALL americans must be fat

Soljer
What so acid doesnt affect things on the molecular level, now?

Did I say that? I was implying that it's doubtful that an INTELLIGENT molecule would be affected the same way an inanimate one would be. Further, you STILL haven't answered the crucial questions. If you want to use this route of argument; tell me, what is the terminator comprised of? What acid would frank need? In what quantities? In what concentration? How would frank go about even finding, much less capturing, an opponent who can be invisible at will? How long will it take the acid?

If we, with the omniscience of the narrator, don't know the answers to these questions, Frank won't either. As creshok has repeated "The punisher'll figure it out!" is not an acceptable argument.

Alfheim
No we have not concluded that the acid will dissolve the T-1000... What metal is it made out of? What acid are you using?

WE dont know all the facts because I did not create the damn thing. All I did was create a scenrio in which it could possibly work.

Or are you once again pulling shit out of your ass and saying this is the way things work? Like hulk being able to just flex and use energy attacks?

I said he could create pressure waves. Dont start any **** your the one who said Wolverine didnt expect to get hit by Namor im not insulting you see it keep it calm.

Dissolve technicly isn't the right word, its more of accelerationg oxidization, which as was said before we don't know if it would work on a t-1000 because we don't know the material its made of so we don't know the oxidization properties of it.

You can't say that something has been concluded when it hasn't.

Hell everything carries an electric charge because there is electricity acting as the bonds in all things.

The site specifiaclly stated ferrous metals.

Creshosk
What so acid doesnt affect things on the molecular level, now? Not all acids effect evertything the same. And that's preciely part of the problem, it effects on a molecular level, which is how big the machines are... That's where a heavy part of the fiction comes in. Molecule sized machines are not really a likelyhood themselves, but since for the hypothetical battle to take place this has to be accepted. if the Machines can knock the molecules of the acid away then they're not going to have any effect on the machines. If the machines pull the acid's molecules apart then the acid isn't going to work.

Well that could have applied to the molten metal as well. Do you have ANY concept of physics? Heat works on a level smaller than molecular. and all it is is an increased movment of something. In this case it was probably effecting things down to an automic level... That's smaller than molecular, btw. The bonds that composed the nanites was broken by the atomic vibration...

Look im too tired to go into detail. I already explained that I didnt say that hes the Punisher he can do it I gave a list of superhumans he captured. Its not the same damn thing as saying hes Frank....do I have to explain this again? Yes, since the terminator is not the characters you listed before you have to state how he's going to do it.

Well apparently you can but obvoulsy thats just somebodies opinion. Are you even capable of understanding what I'm saying? Or do you pretend that I'm saying things other than what I type?

Soljer
EMP grenades, which are in and themselves, entirely likely to work (see how effective arguments are when you just state something with NO reason?)

T1000 wasnt destroyed by freezing becuase they were idiots and chose to break him apart and allow him to melt.

It's funny, you're saying we dont know what type of substance T1000 is and therefore we're not sure what kind of acid would damage him...yet you speak with conviction that only the strongest acid would damage him....inconsistency?

I thought you were past the age where you needed your superiors to repeat something to you to get it through your skull. I already explained why EMP grenades are unlikely to work. Read back if your memory really is that shit.

The T-1000 would have melted anyways. With a larger surface area, it would have taken a little longer, but 'melting' is 'melting.'

Assuming that he was made of the same alloys of steel that skynet has used, it would take a very specific acid in inordinately high molarities to damage him.

Assuming he is made of something far less stable (which is just as likely), the Punisher will still have to find high molarity acid of a specific type and capture and submerge the terminator for an extended period of time.

And no one, as of yet, has given any reasonable way for the Punisher to even find the terminator, much less a plausible way for him to capture the terminator, MUCH MUCH less a way for the Punisher to do all this while STILL not getting stabbed in the brain. no expression.

Soljer
WE dont know all the facts because I did not create the damn thing. All I did was create a scenrio in which it could possibly work.

Synonymous with "making up bullshit because I want Frank. Bad."

Creshosk
EMP grenades, which are in and themselves, entirely likely to work (see how effective arguments are when you just state something with NO reason?) Prove it. You're making a claim to the positive, so the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

It's funny, you're saying we dont know what type of substance T1000 is and therefore we're not sure what kind of acid would damage him...yet you speak with conviction that only the strongest acid would damage him....inconsistency? Different acids have different effects on different materials.

"Stongest" simply means that it has the highest degree of effect on the most materials. So no, no inconsistency.

masterbruce
as stated by alfheim previously, Punisher doesn't need to find T1000

he just needs to run to an empty factory and wait for t1000 to come to him

Alfheim
Did I say that? I was implying that it's doubtful that an INTELLIGENT molecule would be affected the same way an inanimate one would be.

.....and what? So it dindt portect itself from the explosive round or molten metal did it.

Further, you STILL haven't answered the crucial questions. If you want to use this route of argument; tell me, what is the terminator comprised of? What acid would frank need? In what quantities? In what concentration? How would frank go about even finding, much less capturing, an opponent who can be invisible at will? How long will it take the acid?

Of course I dont know the exact details. Were talking about a fctional machine arent we but that still doesnt change the fcat that it could work. If I had said from the beginning that it will work without a doubt I desrved to be called a fanboy.

If we, with the omniscience of the narrator, don't know the answers to these questions, Frank won't either. As creshok has repeated "The punisher'll figure it out!" is not an acceptable argument.

What dont you get it. What exactly did I say I provided an explanation. What was it?

masterbruce
Prove it. You're making a claim to the positive, so the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

EMP grenades would fuq up the bonds between the nanites as they are reliant upon very accurate electron bonding to work.

basically T1000 would turn to mush after being hit by an EMP.

Creshosk
WE dont know all the facts because I did not create the damn thing. All I did was create a scenrio in which it could possibly work. And we're stating why it might not be possible. The problems with your plan as it were.

I said he could create pressure waves. Which is an example of your total lack of comprehension of physics.

Dont start any **** your the one who said Wolverine didnt expect to get hit by Namor im not insulting you see it keep it calm.And I was/am right, what's your point?

The site specifiaclly stated ferrous metals. And? How does that change my proper useage of words and definitions?

Alfheim

Are you even capable of understanding what I'm saying? Or do you pretend that I'm saying things other than what I type?

Look either keep your scarcastic comments to yourself or **** off....ok?

Which is an example of your total lack of comprehension of physics.

You do know that everything that move creates a pressure wave right?

masterbruce
I thought you were past the age where you needed your superiors to repeat something to you to get it through your skull. I already explained why EMP grenades are unlikely to work. Read back if your memory really is that shit.

yeah, you claimed it was shielded, which I proved to be an unfounded assumption and therefore cannot be used.

Creshosk
as stated by alfheim previously, Punisher doesn't need to find T1000

he just needs to run to an empty factory and wait for t1000 to come to him And then what? What are you going to do with an empty factory?

You realize that an empty factory doesn't have anything in it, since not all factories arestocked and equipped the same?

A factory that makes toys will not have the same things that they use to make steel girders.

Alfheim
Synonymous with "making up bullshit because I want Frank. Bad."

Thats doesnt change the fcat thats its a possible scenerio. If I had said that the scenrio would have worked without a doubt I would have desrved that comment....gezzzz

And then what? What are you going to do with an empty factory?

You realize that an empty factory doesn't have anything in it, since not all factories arestocked and equipped the same?

A factory that makes toys will not have the same things that they use to make steel girders.

What so hes going to leave the factor empty and pick his nose?

Creshosk
Look either keep your scarcastic comments to yourself or **** off....ok? Hypocritical much?

You do know that everything that move creates a pressure wave right? You do know about falloff right? Oh wait as was shown in the previous thread.. you don't...

Soljer
.....and what? So it dindt portect itself from the explosive round or molten metal did it.

It's a molecule, you dolt! How is it supposed to protect itself from an explosive shock? Or incredibly high temperatures? That's an environmental thing! The fact that acids function, very often, on the molecular level, with exchanges of hydrogen, hydronium, or hydroxide, MEANS that a similarly sized, but intelligent, being would be able to 'fight back' so to speak.

Of course I dont know the exact details. Were talking about a fctional machine arent we but that still doesnt change the fcat that it could work. If I had said from the beginning that it will work without a doubt I desrved to be called a fanboy.

No. It couldn't work. But the chances of it are just as likely as Frank knocking the terminator out with the straws you're grasping at.

What dont you get it. What exactly did I say I provided an explanation. What was it?

That you're either too dumb or too lazy to think of something, so you'll continue with the line of reason that "Frank'll find a way. He has the power of my love!"

Creshosk
yeah, you claimed it was shielded, which I proved to be an unfounded assumption and therefore cannot be used. You haven't proven a damned thing actually.

Thats doesnt change the fcat thats its a possible scenerio. Bullshit. It being possible is not a fact at this point in time. Presently its just your opinion with nothing to prove it could work.

Soljer
yeah, you claimed it was shielded, which I proved to be an unfounded assumption and therefore cannot be used.

I never said it WAS shielded. I said it was very very LIKELY to be.

And, repeating again for the dolts, as it's much more likely TO be shielded than NOT to be, why are we trying to use a line of reason that is extremely unlikely to work?

Because we have nothing else? erm.

Creshosk
Thats doesnt change the fcat thats its a possible scenerio. If I had said that the scenrio would have worked without a doubt I would have desrved that comment....gezzzz and that's something you said before...

What so hes going to leave the factor empty and pick his nose? Because he's going to be able to stock it with what he needs while the terminator is doing what? Picking its nose?

He said find an empty factory and wait... so yeah, what he does while he waits could be picking his nose.

Creshosk
EMP grenades would fuq up the bonds between the nanites as they are reliant upon very accurate electron bonding to work.

basically T1000 would turn to mush after being hit by an EMP. A Death star could destroy the planet...

Oh wait that has nothing to do with this because they don't leave deathstars lying around.

Prove that the EMP would work, and while you're at it prove that he'd be able to find an EMP grenade.

Or are we giving him the benefit of the doubt like someone claimed not to be doing earlier?

masterbruce
how would T1000 even track Frank? it couldn't, thus giving Frank enough time to stock up on EMP grenades and then luring it to an empty warehouse

I give Punisher 4/10

Alfheim
Hypocritical much?

No I start being rude when you start being rude to me. Tell me where I said to you in thsi thread that you were pulling something out of your ***. C'mon show me.

You do know about falloff right? Oh wait as was shown in the previous thread.. you don't...

Ok you explain it to me.

It's a molecule, you dolt! How is it supposed to protect itself from an explosive shock?

Well actually it did.

Or incredibly high temperatures?That's an environmental thing!

Yeah so apparently T-1000 can change theor body heat, why cant intelligent molecxules react to protect itself from extreme heat?

The fact that acids function, very often, on the molecular level, with exchanges of hydrogen, hydronium, or hydroxide, MEANS that a similarly sized, but intelligent, being would be able to 'fight back' so to speak.

Or maybe not especillay if its over a long period of time

No. It couldn't work. But the chances of it are just as likely as Frank knocking the terminator out with the straws you're grasping at.

Whatever.

That you're either too dumb or too lazy to think of something, so you'll continue with the line of reason that "Frank'll find a way. He has the power of my love!"

No that was not my explanation. Again what was my explanation?

Creshosk
.....and what? So it dindt portect itself from the explosive round or molten metal did it. Again, you show you know nothing about physics.

Of course I dont know the exact details. Were talking about a fctional machine arent we but that still doesnt change the fcat that it could work.You haven't proven that its a possability other than stating "It could work" ad nauseum.

If I had said from the beginning that it will work without a doubt I desrved to be called a fanboy.

What dont you get it. What exactly did I say I provided an explanation. What was it? and you still haven't answered some of the lingering questions.

What acid is he going to use to dissolve/corrode/superoxidate the material of the nanites? Where is he going to find enough of it in the quantity he needs?

HOW is he going to acocmplish the things you say are WHAT he is going to do?

Alfheim
and that's something you said before...

Your point?

Because he's going to be able to stock it with what he needs while the terminator is doing what? Picking its nose?

He said find an empty factory and wait... so yeah, what he does while he waits could be picking his nose.

Yeah your right beacuse I would think that the T-1000 would do absolutely nothing as well. How did you guess?

Alfheim
Again, you show you know nothing about physics.

thats got nothing to do with it. If it intellignet why cant it potect itself from an explosion...oh yeah actually it did. Its intellignet the molecules can react to the heat if its intelligent.

You haven't proven that its a possability other than stating "It could work" ad nauseum.

Here we go. Yeah but it could depening on what its made of...and I dont know that do I.

and you still haven't answered some of the lingering questions.

What acid is he going to use to dissolve/corrode/superoxidate the material of the nanites? Where is he going to find enough of it in the quantity he needs?

HOW is he going to acocmplish the things you say are WHAT he is going to do?

You know what ive atually porvided explanations to some of those questions. You go and find them.

The only problem is we dont know exactly what its made of part from that it could work.

Creshosk
how would T1000 even track Frank? it couldn't, thus giving Frank enough time to stock up on EMP grenades and then luring it to an empty warehouse

I give Punisher 4/10 We haven't even established how he's going to get ONE EMP grenade, where do you get off saying he's going to stock a wherehouse with them?

No I start being rude when you start being rude to me. Tell me where I said to you in thsi thread that you were pulling something out of your ***. C'mon show me. As soon as you make ONE sarcastic/rude comment you lose the right to tell others not to.. that's the hypocricy.

Ok you explain it to me.It was already explained in the previous thread.

Well actually it did.roll eyes (sarcastic) Its ture that it was able to hang on to itself so it remained in one piece from the explosion... but it can't sheild itself from a concussive force like that. But the explosion still didn't defeat it.

Yeah so apparently T-1000 can change theor body heat, why cant intelligent molecxules react to protect itself from extreme heat? Okay.. now you're just being an idiot. Do you even know what exactly heat is? even after I explained it to you?

The fact that acids function, very often, on the molecular level, with exchanges of hydrogen, hydronium, or hydroxide, MEANS that a similarly sized, but intelligent, being would be able to 'fight back' so to speak. So if I were to tell you that Dihydrogenmonoxide is the most corrosive substance on earth and is used in nuklear reactions and is responsible for thousands of deathss world wide every year.. would you sign my petition to ban it from being pumped into peoples homes like the governments of the world want to do?

roll eyes (sarcastic) At least try to know what you're saying...

Soljer
Finally; Alfheim has argued all of this is simply a possible scenario.

I will admit that it is a possible scenario. But NOT in the neighborhood of significant figures.

The Punisher won't know what the Terminator is made out of. He'll have to guess, and will likely guess wrong, being totally ignorant of skynet and it's uses.

Therefore, he'll also have to guess what acid to set up.

He'll have to first find the terminator - something that will be impossible if the terminator doesn't want to be found. He'll look human, he'll sound human, he'll have fingerprints, a heat signature, just like a human.

Hell, screw it, he could look like a wall for all it matters. He can travel along a wall, totally unnoticeable by sight, infrared, or uv light. Effectively invisible.

So, because Alfheim has a crush on Frank, Frank finds the Terminator holding a big sign saying "Look! It's ME! come and get me!"

Also because Frank has Alfheim's heart, the Terminator will not use it's incredible aim to simply shoot Frank in the head, rather, the Terminator will be totally weaponless.

Further, Frank will somehow lure the terminator to the acid he previously guessed at and set up, without getting stabbed in the head by an opponent that is far faster, far stronger, far more dangerous, oh, and cannot be hurt by any means that Frank'll have at his disposal.

So, Frank finally lures the terminator to the acid, and tries to catch the terminator in a net. Which he slips out of. So the Punisher tries to catch him in a box, which he oozes out of. So the Punisher tries to catch him in a cage, which he walks through, So the Punisher finally goes; "Look, bro, c'mon. Gimme a break."

The Terminator, seeing the tears in Alfheim's eyes, finally submits and decides to sit in the acid bath.

And he sits.

And he sits.

A couple years go by.

Nothing happens. Turns out frank guessed wrong. Big surprise considering the number of possible acids.

So, frank sets up ten more. The Terminator sits in each one. Nothing happens.

Ten more.

Finally, frank gets INCREDIBLY lucky and find the right acid...the terminator chills.

And chills.

And chills.

And after a week or so, he's finally gotten rid of.

Do either of you yet have any idea why this is such a poor line of argumentation?

The likelihood that Frank will be able to guess the right acid? Well, considering the sheer number? Very low.

The likelihood that Frank will be able to even FIND the Terminator? Someone who is, effectively, invisible if he wants to be? RIDICULOUSLY low.

The likelihood that the Terminator won't shoot or stab Frank - even though he has inhuman aim, incredible strength, incredible speed, and cannot really even be slowed down by less than an RPG? Also insanely low.

The likelihood that Frank will catch the Terminator in any way while STILL not getting stabbed or shot? Very, very, very, very low.

The likelihood that Frank will be able to put the Terminator in the acid bath, without the terminator escaping, and the likelihood that the acid will even affect the terminator in the way you're hoping?

....****ing 'A.'

This isn't even science anymore, it's math.

Fine, Alfheim. You're right. You've been right this entire time. It's possible. It nets the Punisher one win out of about seventeen vigintillion or so. However, since we typically use a ten out of ten rating system, and even if I sat here, trying to express the likelihood of the Punisher's win with a decimal point, I wouldn't have enough time from now till the world is enveloped by the sun to type enough zeros....

You might as well be arguing spontaneous failure of existence. They're equally likely. Hell, SFoE may be MORE likely than your ridiculous acid scenario.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>