Thor vs Ares (dc version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
This is classic thor vs Dc Ares. blood lust and all

Hulk rules all
Ares would slaughter Thor worse than a gutted cow at a meat cutter's shop. Pity.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
Ares would slaughter Thor worse than a gutted cow at a meat cutter's shop. Pity.

xmeat
thor wins

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
thor wins

*prays xmeat is kidding*

juggernaut66666
thor wins
I bet you know nothing about Dc Ares.....

roughrider
Thor is in tough against DC Ares - pretty much Skyfather level. I think Ares takes the majority.

xmeat
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*prays xmeat is kidding* nope ares aint even skyfather thor defeated many skyfather beings.

juggernaut66666
This is Dc Ares retard.

xmeat
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
This is Dc Ares retard. he aint skyfather level so stfu

juggernaut66666
he aint skyfather level so stfu
He aint skyfather level?
You don't even know what a skyfather is.

MightyEInherjar
Don't know much about DC Ares, just that he's controlled (wielded/had in his possession, used?) the Godwave, and he's supposedly leagues above his Marvel counterpart, so...

I'm thinking he wins, but I don't know how much or how hard. Is there a respect thread for him?

hunbu04
when did thor defeat a skyfather
DC Ares is the cause of every war in dcu and the more war the more powerful be become. OH he is also a death god meaning the have power over the dead. he can do everything thor can but just on a bigger scale. He guy outsmart both darksied and highfather in genesis plus he can also control reality to his making

xmeat
He aint skyfather level?
You don't even know what a skyfather is. odin, zeus,DS,thanos,highfather those are skyfathers anyone else is below.

juggernaut66666
odin, zeus,DS,thanos,highfather those are skyfathers anyone else is below.
Dc Ares is above most of those guys. wink

hunbu04
thanos is not skyfather level and DC Ares is leagues above thanos

hunbu04
Ares is not above zeus as made clear in forth world when zeus refered to Ares and Odin as lessor gods

xmeat
Dc Ares is above most of those guys. wink he's above odin,zeus, and ds

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually DS refers to anyone who isn't a New God as lessor Gods. But Highfather consider's Zeus and Odin his peers. Meaning that either DS has grown more powerful than Highfather,( as hinted when he absorbed all those pantheon's powers), or Odin and Zeus are the creme of the crop sky father's in DC alone with DS and Highfather. In any case, Ares is very powerful. oF universal might. He is the god of war and any where there is war, his power grows. And if you fight him, you only make him that much stronger. Only 4 Greek Gods are more powerful. Zeus, Hera, Hade's and the All mother Geae.

xmeat
thor could go back in time and stop ares wars

bigbran
Originally posted by hunbu04
thanos is not skyfather level and DC Ares is leagues above thanos Thanos IS Skyfather level.

hunbu04
thor can not time travel and another thing most dc gods can time travel without help.

nvrbeenwthagirl
thor can not time travel and another thing most dc gods can time travel without help.

True,Most DC gods would be considered sky fathers in Marvel. They all pretty much have the same powers.

xmeat
thor can not time travel and another thing most dc gods can time travel without help. yes thor can.

xmeat
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
True,Most DC gods would be considered sky fathers in Marvel. They all pretty much have the same powers. marvel has many skyfathers odin, zeus, surtur, mephisto, thanos, king thor,mangog, destroyer.

bigbran
marvel has many skyfathers odin, zeus, surtur, mephisto, thanos, king thor,mangog, destroyer. Skyfather LEVELS!

Only King Thor, Odin, and Zeus are SKYFATHERS out of the ones you mentioned.

xmeat
Originally posted by bigbran
Skyfather LEVELS!

Only King Thor, Odin, and Zeus are SKYFATHERS out of the ones you mentioned. you just said thanos a skyfather and surtur and mephist are skyfathers are you on crack both of them have fought odin. Mangog is a low level skyfather though and destroyer was made to fight celestials he has to be skyfather.

draxx_tOfU
marvel has many skyfathers odin, zeus, surtur, mephisto, thanos, king thor,mangog, destroyer.

i would say classic mephisto would be above skyfather...

sometimes...

i mean, he got punked by warlock in his own realm...

bigbran
you just said thanos a skyfather and surtur and mephist are skyfathers are you on crack both of them have fought odin. Mangog is a low level skyfather though and destroyer was made to fight celestials he has to be skyfather. I said Skyfather LEVEL.
Which means that the power they have, could be considered on a Skyfather range.

Actual Skyfathers are only in Marvel, they consist of:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9634/mute0207xc9.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
i would say classic mephisto would be above skyfather...

sometimes...

i mean, he got punked by warlock in his own realm...

Warlock had the soul gem tho. NOt much can stand up to it unless you specialize in souls. Mephistor only specializes in Evil souls.

xmeat
I said Skyfather LEVEL.
Which means that the power they have, could be considered on a Skyfather range.

Actual Skyfathers are only in Marvel, they consist of:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9634/mute0207xc9.th.jpg so you mean though the others are as powerful as skyfathers they wouldn't be considerd a skyfather.

bigbran
so you mean though the others are as powerful as skyfathers they wouldn't be considerd a skyfather. Yup.
They can be a Skyfather level though, thus the saying.

Also, Odin is the most powerful Skyfather.
Skyfather level ends at him, and begins somewhere around... just taking a shot in the dark here... Vishnu?

xmeat
Yup.
They can be a Skyfather level though, thus the saying.

Also, Odin is the most powerful Skyfather.
Skyfather level ends at him, and begins somewhere around... just taking a shot in the dark here... Vishnu? and here i wonder why mephisto wasn't part of the pantheons shifty

bigbran
and here i wonder why mephisto wasn't part of the pantheons shifty Mephisto was defeated along with the other Death Gods, by Atum the God Eater.

That is perhaps the only Skyfather-ish group he was in.

Also, in some showings Mephisto is ahead of Odin, in most he isn't, depends how you look at it...

If you like Mephisto though, I think that you would like Universe X.
Not really about feats, but it explains a lot of stuff about him (too bad it isn't canon, but it's still a good read).

hunbu04
thanos is not skyfather level is about death god level and thor is below death god level.

bigbran
thanos is not skyfather level is about death god level and thor is below death god level. Why is Thanos not a Skyfather?

You say it like, he just isn't.

Wait... Death God level? So he is a Mephisto level?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Um, Death God's are usually the 2nd most powerful beings in thier pantheons. If you go by Theology, Mephisto would be over all sky fathers. His reach far exceeds the reach of any mere sky father. Even Odin or DS.

hunbu04
mephisto is not a death god.
death gods are set,hela,pluto, etc

nvrbeenwthagirl
death gods are set,hela,pluto, etc

According to Marvel, Mephisto is an agent of Death. his influence is farther reaching than any of the skyfathers.

bigbran
death gods are set,hela,pluto, etc OK, OK, I admit I may have stretched the truth... a bit...

Here, the Death Gods are gathering:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9145/thorannual19820101314bs2.th.jpg

No Mephisto there, but...
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3807/thorannual198201015kz2.th.jpg

Now, we know that, that is obviously not enough evidence...
So, what about this?
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7716/thorannual198201016np9.th.jpg

Actually... I didn't stretch the truth... I told zeh truth?

Mephisto is a Death God.

Also, even without these scans, what has Mephisto been doing his career?

hunbu04
mesphito is like an honorable death god
ex. like superman, wonderwoman, and captain marvel(dc) are honorable metahuman

draxx_tOfU
mephisto isnt a death god...

he's a demon...

death gods are hades, hela etc...

Faceman
Ares, manhandles the JLA, by himself. Pimp slapping Superman as if he were a fly. Thor has to give it all he's got just to try to defeat Superman. So ill pick Hulk! Hulk smashes all!!!!!!!!!

Juntai
Originally posted by Faceman
Ares, manhandles the JLA, by himself. Pimp slapping Superman as if he were a fly. Thor has to give it all he's got just to try to defeat Superman. So ill pick Hulk! Hulk smashes all!!!!!!!!! lmao.

xmeat
mephisto isnt a death god...

he's a demon...

death gods are hades, hela etc... mephiso is the devil and the scan proves it.

draxx_tOfU
mephiso is the devil and the scan proves it.

mephisto isnt the devil per se...

damien hellstrom is called the "son of the devil", but is mephisto his father?

besides, what does mephisto being the devil have anything to do with what i said regarding mephisto not being a death god?

bigbran
mephisto isnt the devil per se...

damien hellstrom is called the "son of the devil", but is mephisto his father?

besides, what does mephisto being the devil have anything to do with what i said regarding mephisto not being a death god? *cough*
OK, OK, I admit I may have stretched the truth... a bit...

Here, the Death Gods are gathering:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9145/thorannual19820101314bs2.th.jpg

No Mephisto there, but...
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3807/thorannual198201015kz2.th.jpg

Now, we know that, that is obviously not enough evidence...
So, what about this?
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7716/thorannual198201016np9.th.jpg

Actually... I didn't stretch the truth... I told zeh truth?

Mephisto is a Death God.

Also, even without these scans, what has Mephisto been doing his career?

hunbu04
i did not say mephisto was a death god I said he could be considered an honorable death god because he associated himself with a group of death gods in the past when they all try to conbined their realm into one big hell

bigbran
i did not say mephisto was a death god I said he could be considered an honorable death god because he associated himself with a group of death gods in the past when they all try to conbined their realm into one big hell And... he was called a DEATH GOD, while he was doing this...

draxx_tOfU
what i meant was death gods in pantheons such as hades, hela etc...

mephisto is a demon along the lines of satannish...

bigbran
what i meant was death gods in pantheons such as hades, hela etc...

mephisto is a demon along the lines of satannish... And... this means he isn't a Death God?

What we have... on-panel, is Mephisto being referred as a Death God, being with the Death Gods, and even hints that he has ALWAYS been a Death God.

He was said to be be a Death God, when he was with Hela and Hades, and of course... etc.

I don't even know why people are arguing...

draxx_tOfU
ok he's a death god, but i meant IN a pantheon...

so which pantheon does mephisto belong to?...

exactly, which would undermine his status as an upper tier demon...

bigbran
ok he's a death god, but i meant IN a pantheon...

so which pantheon does mephisto belong to?...

exactly, which would undermine his status as an upper tier demon... I never said anything about that, I said he was a Death God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.