"Spawn 2" without Spawn in it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
In 2001 on IGN, Michael Jai White a.k.a. Spawn, had an interview about Spawn 2 and planned to be released any time soon in 2007. Then in an interview with Todd McFarlane, he said "Spawn 2 is not going to be a super hero film like the first and we may not see Spawn in the film."

wtf?

It gonna be like that "Halloween" movie sequel that played without Mike Myers in it. Garbage.

Superguy
Dammit... why can't they make a SPAWN movie. As in, based on the ****ing source material... is that too much to ask!?

TricksterPriest
There's always the HBO animated series. Frankly, I don't think you can do justice to Spawn outside of an animated medium. erm

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
In 2001 on IGN, Michael Jai White a.k.a. Spawn, had an interview about Spawn 2 and planned to be released any time soon in 2007. Then in an interview with Todd McFarlane, he said "Spawn 2 is not going to be a super hero film like the first and we may not see Spawn in the film."

wtf?

It gonna be like that "Halloween" movie sequel that played without Mike Myers in it. Garbage.

I seriously doubt if Spawn 2 will be made. Let alone Spawn not actually in it.

Reaper777
That sucks... and besides, a spawn movie without spawn is going to flop...Big time!

RogerRamjet
can't be any worse than the first installment of Spawn..

ragesRemorse
wow, something needs to be done, to make up for the first travesty. Maybe mcfarlene should try what miller did. Use his influence and own vision when making a film adaptation from his comics

Wolfie
What's the source on this news? It sounds made up.

What would a Spawn movie be about if Spawn isn't in it? It's not Spawn at that point.

cigarman
"In 2001 on IGN, Michael Jai White a.k.a. Spawn, had an interview about Spawn 2 and planned to be released any time soon in 2007."

He would SO NOT be contacted about a possible movie six years in advance.Movies don't work that way.Pure made up crap.

Kazenji
Notice the year peoples 2001 and whats now 2007 roll eyes (sarcastic)

so the thread i started up is more up to date.

steverules
Ahhh yes Halloween 3 season of the witch

super pr*xy
spawn 2 without spawn would just be 2.

Menetnashté
He said it's supposed to feature Sam and Twitch as the main characters, and Spawn might make an appearance. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam and Twitch, but how are you going to call a movie Spawn 2 and have people who should be supporting characters in it, as the main characters?

Kazenji

srankmissingnin
He said Spawn was going to be in it BUT that Spawn would be like a horror movie monster. Mostly in the shadows, so that he viewer's mind picks up the slack and he remains scary. The next Spawn movie isn't going to be a superhero movie, more like a horror/psychological thriller.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He said Spawn was going to be in it BUT that Spawn would be like a horror movie monster. Mostly in the shadows, so that he viewer's mind picks up the slack and he remains scary. The next Spawn movie isn't going to be a superhero movie, more like a horror/psychological thriller.

Do you think people will see this version of Spawn?

Alfheim
Originally posted by steverules
Ahhh yes Halloween 3 season of the witch

Yeah but the film is called Halloween not Michael Myers.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Wow wounds like a pile of ****.

ragesRemorse
http://www.spawn.com/news/news.aspx?id=5184

This news comes from 2001. Spawn 2 is never happening, and its a good thing. Because that concept Resembles nothing of the Spawn character

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

this news comes from 2001. Spawn 2 is never happening, and its a good thing. Because that concept Resembles nothing of the Spawn character

**** thats old news "March 16, 2001" and yes it is so happaning

The thread that i started and plus i got mine from Bloody-disgusting.com

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t458905.html

xNIXSONx
maybe this Spawn...is the cloverfield movie

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
**** thats old news "March 16, 2001" and yes it is so happaning

The thread that i started and plus i got mine from Bloody-disgusting.com

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t458905.html

oh well, so much for wishfull thinking. Whats the point in even naming it Spawn. Has todd mcfarlene lost so much of his creativity that he needs to tag Spawn onto all of his idea's.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but the film is called Halloween not Michael Myers.

Wow wounds like a pile of ****.

Predator, Aliens, ect. wink

I like it. Spawn as a monster movie villian, with Sam and Twitch trying to track him down? Sound awsome to me. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.