Is it true that Marvel Trade paperbacks suck??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Meaning how the reprinting is done.

I hear how secret wars looks like total garbage in TPB form, and from what I saw Infinity guantlet didn't look too hot either.

Scoobless
No.

grey fox
Hell no.

Black Adam
I have around 9 marvel TPB and they seem really good to me.

DC on the other hand......

Scoobless
A couple of the older Flash and Green Lantern TPBs I have seem to be on really poor quality paper ... all my Marvel ones are pretty decent.

marvelprince
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Meaning how the reprinting is done.

I hear how secret wars looks like total garbage in TPB form, and from what I saw Infinity guantlet didn't look too hot either.

Never had this problem with a Marvel tpb. Had a few JLA tpb's with some poor paper quality though.

Juntai
Typically depends on the time period, and if they're reprinting it on newer paper yet.
Most trades these days come on pretty nice paper.

Flame On!!
Early Marvel Graphics and Trades were pretty poor. "Whom the gods would destroy" springs to mind.

OB1-adobe
well I was looking at secret wars the other day, it looked like crap. The colors were all bland looking and not very well printed on. The actual pics of the covers look like they were done by a scanner in low ass resolution

willRules
no

Superguy
They're fine... I have about 50 odd TPBs or something, and they're fine... wink

StarsNeverFall7
My hardback of secret wars, looks well amazing. Most of the other Marvel TPB's Ive seen and or own and awesome. DC on the other hand is well like stated, eh..

Wally West
I've got a few DC TPB's which could be better quality, no problem with any of my Marvel ones though.

H. S. 6
My Secret Wars hardback is awesome.

I always prefer buying the Marvel TPB's, because they seem to print them on the glossy paper more than DC.

Big Sexy
Depends really on the series. Big time events tend to have a better trade than small time. Sagas like Ig, COIE, IC, GDS, and Secret wars all have great trades. Usually just regular issues from a series compiled together don't.

HigH ScholaR
marvel tbp are great no problems generally, its DC's that lacks sometimes which is why i only own 3 dc tbp's and read the rest.

inamilist
well I was looking at secret wars the other day, it looked like crap. The colors were all bland looking and not very well printed on. The actual pics of the covers look like they were done by a scanner in low ass resolution

maybe it was left out in the sun?

Dinalfos
TPB = teh awesome. Especially Infinity Gaunltet and Crusade.

Priest
Originally posted by Dinalfos
TPB = teh awesome. Especially Infinity Gaunltet and Crusade.
yep, thanos quest was pretty awasome.

Galan007
well I was looking at secret wars the other day, it looked like crap. The colors were all bland looking and not very well printed on. The actual pics of the covers look like they were done by a scanner in low ass resolution The problem could have been with that particular TPB.

I have several TPB's, (which include SW I), and they all look great for the most part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.