SUVs and Penis Envy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Was doing some online reading and happened upon this article, and I'm in a sharing mood. The study cited is a bit dated now probably, but still reasonably relevant. I've encountered guys that very much fit the description above; there are some people on this forum whom I perceive are reflected rather aptly by the participants in the aforementioned study.

It begs the question, in all honesty how much of your social and political views do you think can be directly attributed to male ego and/or insecurity? How much do you think your everyday decisions are affected?

And how do you approach preconceptions of gender roles, both as they have been traditionally, and as they've evolved in more modern times?

speiderman
men are chauvinist pigs. all men. we dislike women. most men won't admit to this.

speiderman
also. We all have a swagger. a man has to swagger. a man has to always have control of the situation. this goes back to prehistoric times.

speiderman
Originally posted by speiderman
men are chauvinist pigs. all men. we dislike women. most men won't admit to this.

I drive a little hyundai elantra. I would never buy an suv. I like to have more cash in my wallet since suvs guzzle gas.

WrathfulDwarf
My take....the entire article is a mixture of fuel efficency vehicles, politics, and masculine misconceptions...the results...someone was bored and wrote the article. I'll stick to Yahoo news for this kind of stuff.

speiderman
good call

Alliance

oh, so you're gay then?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Was doing some online reading and happened upon this article, and I'm in a sharing mood. The study cited is a bit dated now probably, but still reasonably relevant. I've encountered guys that very much fit the description above; there are some people on this forum whom I perceive are reflected rather aptly by the participants in the aforementioned study.

It begs the question, in all honesty how much of your social and political views do you think can be directly attributed to male ego and/or insecurity? How much do you think your everyday decisions are affected?

And how do you approach preconceptions of gender roles, both as they have been traditionally, and as they've evolved in more modern times?

I as a woman don't feel threaten by a large penis but, in fact embrace it.

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
My take....the entire article is a mixture of fuel efficency vehicles, politics, and masculine misconceptions...the results...someone was bored and wrote the article. I'll stick to Yahoo news for this kind of stuff.

Let me guess... You drive either an H2 or a Ford Explorer? stick out tongue

Honestly though, I do think the article has at least some validity... Men who are insecure generally go out of their way to impress the image that they are "alpha". E.g. How many short men have you met that are overly aggressive, even in situations that do not call for aggressiveness?

Robtard
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I as a woman don't feel threaten by a large penis but, in fact embrace it.

Hearing that just makes me smile... I love a woman who "craves the cock".

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Robtard
Hearing that just makes me smile... I love a woman who "craves the cock".

I wouldn't really call it a craving more so a general acceptance.

Robtard
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I wouldn't really call it a craving more so a general acceptance.

Way to ruin the mood...

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Robtard
Way to ruin the mood...

I do that on purpose sometimes.vin

queeq
And that turns me on. wink

AngryManatee
What surprises me is that so many people buy SUVs despite the fact that they don't need them. Why would you want one? They're big, get bad gas mileage, and they have terrible handling. My parents own a Suburban, but they need it to haul lots of stuff to add on to their practice, but then again they only use it sparingly and they each have their own little car to drive around when they're not hauling stuff. SUVs are impractical if you don't use them for what they're designed for.

Badabing

I've never owned an SUV. I like performance vehicles and couldn't sacrifice speed and handling just to drive an over-sized mini van that sits high off the ground. Now when I get married and have kids, buy something that needs towed, or move into a snow belt state then I'll probably buy an SUV.

Soleran
4 door sports sedan >>>>>>>> SUV for a family.

I dislike riding high in the SUV and the "floating" suspension over a sports sedansmile

About the ONLY way to sell an SUV to me is with a super hot chick giving me head everytime I go to drive it.

FistOfThe North
There was a comedian that kinda spoke about this, George Carlin. He said men have what's called "penis fear". That they get extravagant things to compensate for a small penises since it's the ultimate tool in masculinity. How men develop low-self confidence and a low-self image and fear being seen in this way for fear of people seeing then in this unmanly way so they get things like SUV's, big houses or always fight and argue or are always arseholes.

He said war is just two battle sides in the middle of a battlefield just waving their penises at earth other. And how the bullets and missiles are shaped like penises and are made to "fcuk" with people. And how even in the 1st Iraq war we had a "Bush, Dick, and Colon" as the top war administrators and how "somebody got fcuked in the ass" And he keep going on about all the crazy things men do to overcompensate and how to catch 'em. It was funny as hell.

So he was talking/joking about things men do or act upon because they have small penises which leads to killing people over the fact.

lol.

Spearhead
This article isn't particularly innovating. Insecure people overcompensate. Tell me something new, please.

Quiero Mota

I do believe theres a direct correlation between a person's car and their ego/personality.

Kinda like "you are what you eat."

xmarksthespot
I didn't expect people would restrict the topic to the reference to SUVs and penes in the title so rigidly. confused

heru

Please speak for yourself, I love women. Women is Gods gift to man
with out them this world would be a lot more fu*ked up than what it
is now. Although they can get on your nerves at times, I couldn't imagine living with out them.

To all the women out there listening, don't give that guy no booty
for the next couple of years. laughing

Badabing
men are chauvinist pigs. all men. we dislike women. most men won't admit to this. It sounds like a girl really worked you over. Here's a link for help.
http://www.drphil.com/

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.