1920's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Can anybody tell me about the Expanding Consumer Society (new products, shopping, marketing, etc.) in the 1920's, it would be really helpful if you could, I have searhed the internet and could find absolutely nothing!

Thanks smile

Kinneary
www.wikipedia.org

General G
I looked there...

Symmetric Chaos
Laize faire economy allowed for massive expanion in the Capitalist and middle classes.

Consumers bought stocks on margin (with loans) and dug themselves in to debt with other loan and credit based policies.

Much of this was exacterbated by lack of control of advertisements that promised consumers the impossible.

There's more but thats all I remember at the moment. LazieFaire is the big thing in the 1920 though.

General G
Thanks SC!

chithappens
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Laize faire economy allowed for massive expanion in the Capitalist and middle classes.

Consumers bought stocks on margin (with loans) and dug themselves in to debt with other loan and credit based policies.

Much of this was exacterbated by lack of control of advertisements that promised consumers the impossible.

There's more but thats all I remember at the moment. LazieFaire is the big thing in the 1920 though.

Anyone else think this is damn near the same thing going on today? Laize faire is in place still along with globalization which seems to makes shit worse.

Darth Macabre
Who doesn't love the "roaring twenties"?

IHateCaesar
wikipedia is the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.