Dooku team vs Jedi team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader11
Dooku, Vos, Sora, Asajj, GG, Durge, Jango vs Yoda, Mace, Anakin. All at their Peak.

jollyjim311
Jedi. Very tough fight man for man, but Yoda is too versatile and could potentially take out 4-5 of Dooku's team mates before they could even get into melee, where he would proceed to beat down whoever came after him.

I made a thread like this, but, it may have been kind of one sided. It had Obi Wan instead of Yoda, and more Dooku thugs minus Dooku.

vader11
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Jedi. Very tough fight man for man, but Yoda is too versatile and could potentially take out 4-5 of Dooku's team mates before they could even get into melee, where he would proceed to beat down whoever came after him.

I made a thread like this, but, it may have been kind of one sided. It had Obi Wan instead of Yoda, and more Dooku thugs minus Dooku.
That means Yoda can take out 5 of Dooku's man in less than 10 seconds? I don't think so. Indeed, Dooku can go fight Yoda with 1 or 2 of his men's help. While other fight mace & Anakin.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by vader11
That means Yoda can take out 5 of Dooku's man in less than 10 seconds? I don't think so. Indeed, Dooku can go fight Yoda with 1 or 2 of his men's help. While other fight mace & Anakin.

I said potentially, meaning he could, though, he probably wouldn't. WIth just a massive force push he could probably take out Dookus entire team, minus Dooku. Why?:
- Jango (no force defence, he's toast)
- Greivous (no force defence; blasts him back a kajabillion feet or it could outright kill him)
- Durge (no force defence; temporarily, he'll come back, but, he will be down for a little bit)
- Asajj (was brought to her knees by Dooku using one finger)
- Sora (was punked by Dooku with the force)
- Vos (Same as Sora)

Rampant ox
Dooku and Jango could take Mace. Greivous and Asajj could more than likely take Anakin after a moderate duel. Yoda will be able to hold off the rest but not before Dooku and Jango come over and help.

I dont see the Jedi winning. There are simply to many on Dooku's team.

darthsith19
Wow, there's to many factors here to judge accurately, and this breaks the rules and will likely be closed. But Dooku + Vos together could take Yoda, Grievous and Asajj togetehr could take Mace (see the Grievous and Asajj vs. Mace thread) and there's no way in hell Anakin is going to be able to take out Durge, Sora and Jango, 3 on 1. So Dooku's team wins.

What? No way, your kidding, right? Yoda's good but there's no way he could beat down even Vos (who's likely the weakest of the bunch) very quickly.

Yeah, and pretty much everyone agreed that it was overkill and Dooku's thugs win.

1. He could probably Force Push one of those guys, maybe 2, but not all of them at once.
- He could Force Push Jango easily but it wouldn't take Jango down for more than 10 seconds.
- Grievous has the blood of Syfo Dyas in him to protect him against Force Attacks, someone as strong as strong as Yoda could Force Push him but it wouldn't take him down for more than 10 seconds.
- Asajj was brought down by a Dark Side power than Yoda will definitely not use, plus she didn't even try to resist the attack.
- Durge won't be down for more than 10 seconds.
- Yeah, with Force Lightning, after how many minutes of dueling?

Jim, what makes you think that Yoda could Force Push them all at once and what makes you think that a Force Push will take them out for such a long time?

vader11
I said potentially, meaning he could, though, he probably wouldn't. WIth just a massive force push he could probably take out Dookus entire team, minus Dooku. Why?:
- Jango (no force defence, he's toast)
- Greivous (no force defence; blasts him back a kajabillion feet or it could outright kill him)
- Durge (no force defence; temporarily, he'll come back, but, he will be down for a little bit)
- Asajj (was brought to her knees by Dooku using one finger)
- Sora (was punked by Dooku with the force)
- Vos (Same as Sora)

They are not all stand at the same point! They are supposed to be widely spreaded & they fight in a open area. Even after the force push, you think they would all dead immediately?

Riverollv
Jedi. i mean, 3 of the best jedi at their peak against opponents that are far weaker. Yoda could easily take on Dooku while Anakin and Mace defeat the others without much diffculty

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
Anakin and Mace defeat the others without much diffculty

Are you kidding? How can Mace & Anakin beat Vos, Sora, Asajj, GG, Durge, & Jango without diffculty? GG & Asajj at peak would beat Anakin. Vos, Sora, Durge, & Jango together would definitely beat Mace.

jollyjim311
I have a hard time judging these fights, due to a power gap that seems to fluxuate a lot. I mean, you would think that Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Seasse Tin would factor into a fight with Sidious, but, they were lambs for the slaughter. Kolar beat Vos. Sora is about even with Vos. Shouldn't Yoda, Sidious' equal, be able to kill them off the bat? Asajj, too, for that matter.

It all depends how you look at it.

darthsith19
The way I look at it is that the Agen/Saesee/Kit fight is bullshit and try to ignore it. I know it's canon but I still ignore it when at all possible.

vader11
I have a hard time judging these fights, due to a power gap that seems to fluxuate a lot. I mean, you would think that Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Seasse Tin would factor into a fight with Sidious, but, they were lambs for the slaughter. Kolar beat Vos. Sora is about even with Vos. Shouldn't Yoda, Sidious' equal, be able to kill them off the bat? Asajj, too, for that matter.

It all depends how you look at it.
The 2 Jedi seems not so well prepared for the sudden attack of Sidious, & Kit can stand at least 10+ seconds against Sidious. Small area is also a factor make Kit to lose. I also think Sidious's attack are more unpredictable than Yoda's. At this time, all people in Dooku's team are well prepared for the duel. I just can't believe Yoda can kill 3 or 4 of them in 10 seconds. Yoda would probably need to fly in the sky without touching the floor all the time in that 10 seconds...

vader11
Originally posted by darthsith19
The way I look at it is that the Agen/Saesee/Kit fight is bullshit and try to ignore it. I know it's canon but I still ignore it when at all possible.
I agree.
The 3 Jedi need to die fast because of the storyline...
In a real fight, they can stand a lot longer.

Riverollv
Are you kidding? How can Mace & Anakin beat Vos, Sora, Asajj, GG, Durge, & Jango without diffculty? GG & Asajj at peak would beat Anakin. Vos, Sora, Durge, & Jango together would definitely beat Mace. [/B

hmm, yeah, maybe i exaggerated, i admit it. But still, they win, though with difficulty as you said

jollyjim311

That would make things easy, but it happened because they just couldn't contend. It makes you believe that there's a huge power gap that seems to be inconstant.

Riverollv
hmm... but it still seems very unrealistic... cmon... theyre not THAT weak

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
hmm... but it still seems very unrealistic... cmon... theyre not THAT weak
Ya, actually the fight with Sidious is totally unrealistic. It is only due to the need for the storyline. (Cmon, how can kolar just stand there & let Sidious to kill him?)

Riverollv
Exactly

kamikz
I think the "Grievous having Syfo Dyas blood" part is un-canon actually....

Spidervlad

Fisto is my favorite charachter in all of Star Wars =( I almost cried seeing him get slaughtered so easily.

Grievous: He has special magnets down on his feet, so if their at a metal area, no force push will get him down. If not, he can dig his claws into the ground to withstand force push.

Dooku and Assaj vs Yoda (He holds off)

General Grievous, Durge, Jango vs Mace (He's not god, he would loose after a decent fight)

Vos, Sora vs Anakin (Holds off)

Then GG, Durge, and Jango go to help Assaj and Dooku, and they kill Yoda. And then the whole team goes on Anakin and he gets pwned.

kamikz
The place he fought Obi on was metal, Obi still sent him flying....

vader11
Originally posted by kamikz
The place he fought Obi on was metal, Obi still sent him flying....
I don't know if the floor is really metal, but I don't think GG's magnets are "turned on" all the time.(How can he walk or jump if they are "turned on"?) GG was probably surprised with Obiwan's force push...

darthsith19
I don't know if the floor is really metal, but I don't think GG's magnets are "turned on" all the time.(How can he walk or jump if they are "turned on"?) GG was probably surprised with Obiwan's force push...
Yeah, putting on the magnets gives him less maneuverability so he didn't have them on then. he clearly wasn't expecting Kenobi to Force Push him.

Darth Subjekt
The 2 Jedi seems not so well prepared for the sudden attack of Sidious, & Kit can stand at least 10+ seconds against Sidious. Small area is also a factor make Kit to lose. I also think Sidious's attack are more unpredictable than Yoda's. At this time, all people in Dooku's team are well prepared for the duel. I just can't believe Yoda can kill 3 or 4 of them in 10 seconds. Yoda would probably need to fly in the sky without touching the floor all the time in that 10 seconds...

yea, you're right...they weren't prepared when they came in with a duty in mind, drew their lightsabers, had Sidious stand up, talk a little shit, draw his lightsaber, stand there a second, jump in the air, do a little twirl and when he landed, cock his arms back and pause for a second before plunging straight for his chest...yea they had no time to be ready.

Ok, one thing i want to know is, is this them at the peak they achieved, or their full potential? If its FP, then that makes all the difference as far as Anakin is concerned. If he pwned Dooku so fast in the movie (easily the best one on his team) then he should be able to do the same here while Yoda helps take out the weaker ones, add in the factor of this being FP Anakin (if thats what you meant) and its Jedi overkill. FP Anakin wouldn't have that hard of a time with them himself, let alone with the next two most powerful masters.

vader11
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
yea, you're right...they weren't prepared when they came in with a duty in mind, drew their lightsabers, had Sidious stand up, talk a little shit, draw his lightsaber, stand there a second, jump in the air, do a little twirl and when he landed, cock his arms back and pause for a second before plunging straight for his chest...yea they had no time to be ready.

Ok, one thing i want to know is, is this them at the peak they achieved, or their full potential? If its FP, then that makes all the difference as far as Anakin is concerned. If he pwned Dooku so fast in the movie (easily the best one on his team) then he should be able to do the same here while Yoda helps take out the weaker ones, add in the factor of this being FP Anakin (if thats what you meant) and its Jedi overkill. FP Anakin wouldn't have that hard of a time with them himself, let alone with the next two most powerful masters.
Yes, they are all at the Peak & FP.
Anakin is probably at his FP when he fight Dooku in ROTS, but I doubt if Dooku is at his FP...(as Sidious's order)

Count Makashi
Yes, they are all at the Peak & FP.
Anakin is probably at his FP when he fight Dooku in ROTS, but I doubt if Dooku is at his FP...(as Sidious's order)

Anakin is not at his full potential in ROTS, far from it and Dooku was told by Sidious just not to kill Anakin, to capture him, but he fought best to his abilities.
And Dooku would own Anakin in Force powers in ROTS.

jollyjim311
So you mean the height of their abilities as we see them. Now what they could have become.

kamikz

Lol, and what would make him turn them on in this battle, or prepare him to face a force push?

Count Makashi
If Kenobi tels him before he is going to use it.

jollyjim311
Okay, who wants an explanation as to why the three were killed so easily? Because, I have one.

vader11
Originally posted by kamikz
Lol, and what would make him turn them on in this battle, or prepare him to face a force push?
Whenever he wants to...or at the time he think he needs them...

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Anakin is not at his full potential in ROTS, far from it and Dooku was told by Sidious just not to kill Anakin, to capture him, but he fought best to his abilities.
And Dooku would own Anakin in Force powers in ROTS.
Anakin has try his best to fight Dooku in ROTS(You think he just toy him?). I don't know if Dooku can pwn him in the force...maybe Sidious can...

jollyjim311
Dooku was getting hammered by Anakin and couldn't use the force. I'm not sure he could take him out for sure woth the force before Anakin closed whatever gap there was between them.

vader11
Dooku was getting hammered by Anakin and couldn't use the force. I'm not sure he could take him out for sure woth the force before Anakin closed whatever gap there was between them.
Ya, I don't think Dooku can pwn Anakin...in fact Anakin beat him...

Count Makashi
Of course he fought his best of his abilities against Dooku, I'm just saying he isn't (Anakin)at his full potential yet, by the time of ROTS, he would get alot better, but never fulfilled his full potential, because of Mustafar incident.
And Anakin hasn't show mastery of Force powers on the highest level, his Force push equal that of Kenobi, who Dooku can toy with the Force.

jollyjim311
Dookus only chance against Anakin would be to barrage Anakin with force attacks before the battle begins and before Anakin really gets into battle mode and is still all light side-y.

But, alas, poor Dooku is way too arrogant to do something like that. He would rather take on the fight, and not live to regret it.

vader11
Of course he fought his best of his abilities against Dooku, I'm just saying he isn't (Anakin)at his full potential yet, by the time of ROTS, he would get alot better, but never fulfilled his full potential, because of Mustafar incident.
And Anakin hasn't show mastery of Force powers on the highest level, his Force push equal that of Kenobi, who Dooku can toy with the Force.
I doubt if Dooku can toy him with the force when they are fight with a saber like in ROTS...

Count Makashi
I only meant in Force power contest.

vader11
Dookus only chance against Anakin would be to barrage Anakin with force attacks before the battle begins and before Anakin really gets into battle mode and is still all light side-y.

But, alas, poor Dooku is way too arrogant to do something like that. He would rather take on the fight, and not live to regret it.
Exactly! When they are fight with sabers, there's no way Dooku can toy Anakin with the force...

vader11
I only meant in Force power contest.
But this is a both saber & force contest...

Count Makashi
Maybe if he traps him, like Dooku swings his lightsaber to match the swing of Anakins, but holds back so that Anakin misses his and loses balance for a moment, maybe he can do something there, like in the movies, the part where Dooku Force pushes Kenobi and then Anakin swings at him and misses and then they move up the stairs.

vader11
Maybe if he traps him, like Dooku swings his lightsaber to match the swing of Anakins, but holds back so that Anakin misses his and loses balance for a moment, maybe he can do something there, like in the movies, the part where Dooku Force pushes Kenobi and then Anakin swings at him and misses and then they move up the stairs.
But Dooku is too old & probably get tired to do such things...Anakin would try to aviod his force attack.

Count Makashi
His age does not affect him, maybe little , but not that much.

vader11
He definitely gets tired much before Anakin does...& Anakin can be more concentrate than Dooku.

Count Makashi
That is for sure, i meant that Dooku isnt like an ordinary 80 year old, in Dark Rendezvous it says this

Physically, the Count's age was rarely a handicap. Deft as he had become with the Force-unimaginably more subtle than the boy who had watched water-skeeters in the Jedi gardens all those years ago-he wore his eighty-three standard years better than most humans half his age. He was still in superb physical shape, senses keen, health undiminished by even the memory of a cold.

vader11
That is for sure, i meant that Dooku isnt like an ordinary 80 year old, in Dark Randezvus it says something like this
Ofcoz! Dooku is played by a stuntman...& the force make him not like a 80 years old man...but still, Anakin would beat him.

Count Makashi
Hmm, he did beat him.

vader11
I am not saying Dooku is worse than Anakin, but in a actual fight. Anakin is more likely to win.

Count Makashi
Ofcoz! Dooku is played by a stuntman...& the force make him not like a 80 years old man...but still, Anakin would beat him.

Just because he is played by a stuntman doesn't mean anything in the story, Yoda is CGi so he doesn't exist at all, Vader is played by an Actor who barely wore the suit on, from the story point of view they are word class.

Darth Subjekt
This is stupid. in the movie, there wasn't some magical being or voice that said, "only use sabers!" There was nothing to keep Dooku from trying to outright pwn Anakin with the force, except Anakin who jumped in his shit and pwned him right off the bat, fair and square. And we've had that debate more times than I care to recall, and Dooku was simply outclassed and beaten by a superior Anakin. Now you can wrestle with the semantics of that all you want, but Sidious (as far as canon by GL's own words) never told Dooku to hold back. There is no point in "testing" someone if you're not going all out on them to see what they can really do. He may have said if you get in trouble I'll help, but GL never said that and it still doesn't mean for Dooku to go easy on him. That would simply not make sense.

And age has NOTHING to do with the fight. Read the ROTS novel, it describes it there i believe. It says something along the lines of him being completely revitalized before his encounter with Anakin. Ask Ox, he's the biggest Dooku fan around here and he knows the exact quote. And he even admitted to the reason why he lost.

vader11
But age probably make Dooku to feel tired before Anakin does...or at least, Anakin has better physical strength coz he is younger. These are count in a fight...

Count Makashi
I never said that Dooku was holding back, read one om my earlier posts where i said Dooku fought to the best of hiss abilities.
He probably didn't use Force powers because he vaunted to prove to himself that he was a better swordsman than Anakin, he was jealous at him, because he was getting so much attention and being considered The Chosen One.
Oh, by the way i am the bigest Dooku fan ever.

Darth Subjekt
It took him an instant to revitalize himself from a brief encounter with OB1, he age is simply not a factor at all. Its been proved.

Considered the chosen one??? He is the chosen one, and thats why he beat his b!tch ass.

Count Makashi
I meant from Dookus point of view. Of course he is the Chosen One.

vader11
Age is perhaps not count while compare with weak Jedi...but if compare to someone which is as powerful as he is, age is count.(Physical Strength & time to get tired...)

jollyjim311
Actually, Anakin just gets more powerful as the fight goes onh, where other people tend to wear out.

vader11
Actually, Anakin just gets more powerful as the fight goes onh, where other people tend to wear out.

I agree.

Count Makashi
Yes but it has to be a long fight, the fight with Dooku short, Dooku wasn't probably that tired.

vader11
it doesn't matter if Dooku gets tired or not, coz he still get killed...

Count Makashi
Yea, thats true, as much as it pains me to admit it- starts crying(me)

vader11
Yea, thats true, as much as it pains me to admit it- starts crying(me)
For such a huge fan of Dook like you, it really hurts laughing out loud
I really hope Dooku can fight a bit longer coz he only appear in ROTS for only 3 mins...><

Count Makashi
I expected him to be at least half the movie in it, but he died so quick because the opening was getting to stretched, they needed to move on, to concatrete on Anakins story and that GG would have more screen time.

Darth Subjekt
and they still wasted 2 minutes and 30 seconds of film on him, lol.

j/k

Count Makashi
Wasted, you cant be serious, he carried the entire movie, all the critics said, he would be nominated for the Oscar for the best supporting actor, if he just had 30 seconds more, the rules say you have to be in the movie for 3 minutes to be nominated, them those rules.

vader11
Wasted, you cant be serious, he carried the entire movie, all the critics said, he would be nominated for the Oscar for the best supporting actor, if he just had 30 seconds more, the rules say you have to be in the movie for 3 minutes to be nominated, them those rules.
ya...Dooku is the main Dark Side character in AOTC...but in ROTS he only has 2 mins...it was really sad. If Lucas like so, he can even put Dooku to die at the end of CW...which means he would not appear in ROTS...><

Darth Subjekt
carried the movies? Are you serious?? He was a minimal character at best. Nothing against Lee, but he wasn't that much a part of it to carry the movies. And critics are assholes when it comes to Star Wars because GL has pissed them all off and kick himself out of the Director's Guild for not pasting names at the beginning of movies. Le me ask you this...why wasn't he nominated for AoTC? He was in that for more than 3 minutes. Anyway, if he was that important, it would have been him in the OT, not Vader.

Rampant ox
Lee's acting was 100 times better than anything else we saw in the PT. The only people who come close in my opinion are Jackson and McDiarmid(sp?). I think that he could have been a very real candidate for winning the Best Supporting Actor award - but he didnt really get enough time to make it worthwhile. It seems (to me) that Mr Lee was just chucked in there as a cameo appearance, because George needed somebody worthwhile to lift the standard of the movies.

No. erm

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Rampant ox
No. erm

Yes miffed

And Darth Subjekt, Lee is a great actor, but i was only kidding about that stuff i said, SW will never or never did get actor Oscar nomination.

jollyjim311

No.

Originally posted by Rampant ox
Whats the environment? Ill try not to be to biased but in an enclosed space Dooku could probably take Sids in saber combat. And then Dooku and Mace would kill Yoda.

Rampant FTW.

(I'm just teasing you Rampant, I know you've wisened up since then)

Seraphim XIII
A win for Dooku's team.

Dooku, Sora, Vos, Asajj and Grievous? Slight overkill here. Anakin dies almost instantly while the remaining FIVE Lightsaber wielding terrors and a professional bounty hunter destroy Yoda and Mace.

Count Makashi
If Dookus team wins it wont be easy, Yoda, Mace are leagues above in the Force against anyone in Dookus team, except for Dooku.

Seraphim XIII
If Dookus team wins it wont be easy, Yoda, Mace are leagues above in the Force against anyone in Dookus team, except for Dooku.

Actually, It should be relatively easy.

You've got Quinlan Vos, who is a very talented saber wielder. You've got Grievous, who is just a machine of pure destruction. Sora, who is one of the third people in existence to wield the skill of Vaapad. You've got Durge, who's an extremely powerful and practically unstoppable bounty hunter. Then you have Asajj, who tore apart a whole arena of experienced combatants and stood against Kenobi and Fisto. Then you have Dooku, a master of Makashi and a powerful force user.

Against Mace, who arguably cannot take Dooku down and Yoda. Anakin gets cut down instantly and the majority is just too much this occasion. It should be quite easy.

Count Makashi
Anakin is probably the best lightsaber user here, he wont go down easy, i think he can compete with Sora and and Vos for quite some time, Dooku fought Tholme and Sora and won.

Seraphim XIII
Anakin is probably the best lightsaber user here, he wont go down easy, i think he can compete with Sora and and Vos for quite some time, Dooku fought Tholme and Sora and won.

Mace and Yoda are both a lot better than Anakin.

No, Vos and Sora are too much for Anakin. Anakin is good, but those two together are a very powerful force.

So? Tholme isn't Vos and Dooku isn't Anakin. Both have different skills and are fighting different opponents.

So? Dooku fought Kenobi and won. Anakin fought Kenobi and lost. Your logic is bad.

vader11
If Dookus team wins it wont be easy, Yoda, Mace are leagues above in the Force against anyone in Dookus team, except for Dooku. Ya, Dooku team would win, but NOT easy.

jollyjim311
What part of instant large scale force attacks do people not grasp? Yoda could blast the other team away, minus Dooku, who would barely defend the attack.

Count Makashi
Dooku is almost powerful as Yoda in the Force, and if Dooku teams attacks first ther might not be time to use Force powers, all I'm saying it would be very hard for any team to win.

jollyjim311
I mean, Vos Was choked by Dooku while he was facing the other way, and pulling his lightsaber to him. Asajj was easily bested by Dooku with one finger. Sora got owned by Dookus lightning, and pushed by Mace with casual ease. Yoda is above these two in the force by a considerable margin. Greivous, Durge, and Jango don't have any methods to defend themselves from force attacks. Yoda could blast them and take out almost all of the competition.

vader11
Dooku is almost powerful as Yoda in the Force, and if Dooku teams attacks first ther might not be time to use Force powers, all I'm saying it would be very hard for any team to win.
Agree...neither team would pwm the other...but I am seeing the Jedi fall...

Count Makashi
Yea, but it wouldn't kill them, not all of them that is.

jollyjim311
Yoda, if he wanted to, could put them out of the fight.

Count Makashi
Yes but Dooku could block his Force push, it wouldn't be as powerful as Yodas, butt he would weakened it, that it wouldn't hurt anyone.

jollyjim311
And while Dooku defends his team mates, Windu sends him flying into a wall with a push...

Count Makashi
Or other team mates of Dooku attack them and Windu doesn't get a chance to use his Force Push.

Seraphim XIII
Or Sora, Dooku, Vos and Asajj whoops the other team with their force powers. I love how three of them would just push them and use the force like Dooku's team would just sit there. Let's not forget Durge's firepower either to add to the torrent of Lightning that would come full force towards these Jedi!

Seriously.

vader11
I just can't see the 3 Jedi can take them out by force...

jollyjim311
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NbhCWezTiww&mode=related&search=

Very end of the video.

vader11
One Yoda can't take out the entire dooku's team...Anakin & Windu can use force, but won't really hurt them, also, they are not standing together...Dooku teams win in a close fight. Also, the end of your video is not really suitable here...coz the factors of place...

Darth Subjekt
to say Anakin would die instantly is completely idiotic. He's arguably the best lightsaber duelist here, especially if in the right mind frame. You cant say that Mace and Yoda are a lot better than him in saber skills cause it just ain't so. Anakin's killed 3 people on the other team, and the leader in about a minute. He's the only one who could kill Durge, and he defeated the Jedi Order's BM while choking another Jedi. Vos and Sora are goo, but Mace and Yoda's better. If Mace created the form, he, more than anyone, would know its flaws. And its not a perfect form because Mace isn't perfect. It may be the deadliest form, but thats not to say its without weaknesses. Anakin could be pwning Dooku while Mace and Yoda hold off/kill the others. SEVEN people cannot all be in the same place at the same time, so you cant say they'll gang up on the Jedi. If Mace punched Durge the way he hit those SBDs, he'd be down for awhile, giving him time to kill an apprentice or two. Yoda, like mentioned, could sit back and hurl force attacks at the opponents. He threw Sidious like he was nothing, and Sidious is leagues above the Dooku team. Its not beyond possibility for the Jedi to win this. All of them are respectively more powerful than the Dooku team. Dooku's not even the main point of his team, Durge is. Look how easy it was for Anakin to pwn Dooku, vs. how hard it was for him to finally beat Durge. The Jedi can win with extreme difficulty.

vader11
to say Anakin would die instantly is completely idiotic. He's arguably the best lightsaber duelist here, especially if in the right mind frame. You cant say that Mace and Yoda are a lot better than him in saber skills cause it just ain't so. Anakin's killed 3 people on the other team, and the leader in about a minute. He's the only one who could kill Durge, and he defeated the Jedi Order's BM while choking another Jedi. Vos and Sora are goo, but Mace and Yoda's better. If Mace created the form, he, more than anyone, would know its flaws. And its not a perfect form because Mace isn't perfect. It may be the deadliest form, but thats not to say its without weaknesses. Anakin could be pwning Dooku while Mace and Yoda hold off/kill the others. SEVEN people cannot all be in the same place at the same time, so you cant say they'll gang up on the Jedi. If Mace punched Durge the way he hit those SBDs, he'd be down for awhile, giving him time to kill an apprentice or two. Yoda, like mentioned, could sit back and hurl force attacks at the opponents. He threw Sidious like he was nothing, and Sidious is leagues above the Dooku team. Its not beyond possibility for the Jedi to win this. All of them are respectively more powerful than the Dooku team. Dooku's not even the main point of his team, Durge is. Look how easy it was for Anakin to pwn Dooku, vs. how hard it was for him to finally beat Durge. The Jedi can win with extreme difficulty.
ok...this can be one of the outcome. but there are actually many things need to consider. also, i doubt if mace & yoda could take out all other guys at once...gg, asajj, vos, sora, jango, and durge would be a little bit too many for the 2 jedi...><

Darth Subjekt
thats why i specifically said that SEVEN people wouldn't fit into one tight area together. Mace and Yoda, being the two head figures of the order, and being as smart as they are, would have to divide and conquer. Its very much possible for them to win.

vader11
No...they are not in a tight area at all. What if they fight in a open area?

Rampant ox
Rampant FTW.

(I'm just teasing you Rampant, I know you've wisened up since then)

Lol. Did I actually say that? It makes me rather uncomfortable to know that I used to post garbage like that. embarrasment

Seraphim XIII
thats why i specifically said that SEVEN people wouldn't fit into one tight area together. Mace and Yoda, being the two head figures of the order, and being as smart as they are, would have to divide and conquer. Its very much possible for them to win.

No. They're simply outnumbered by power on this one. Hell, Mace had trouble with Dooku. What's he going to do against him and ...

Wow! Haha. I didn't even see Jango's name.

Don't be ridiculous. It is absolutely a tragedy to logic to say that the Jedi would win. Jango and Durge would be in the air feeding the Jedi shots as Dooku, Vos and Sora reigned down force powers and Asajj and Grievous sprung an offensive turn with Lightsabers.

All three Jedi are powerful, but it's too much. They lose and they lose quite quickly, actually.

vader11
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
No. They're simply outnumbered by power on this one. Hell, Mace had trouble with Dooku. What's he going to do against him and ...

Wow! Haha. I didn't even see Jango's name.

Don't be ridiculous. It is absolutely a tragedy to logic to say that the Jedi would win. Jango and Durge would be in the air feeding the Jedi shots as Dooku, Vos and Sora reigned down force powers and Asajj and Grievous sprung an offensive turn with Lightsabers.

All three Jedi are powerful, but it's too much. They lose and they lose quite quickly, actually.
Ya, the 3 Jedi are great, but not enough to save them this time...outnumbered...

Seraphim XIII
Ya, the 3 Jedi are great, but not enough to save them this time...outnumbered...

Exactly.

Darth Subjekt
How long did it take Anakin to kill Dooku? How long did it take Mace to kill Jango? And this is them at their peaks, not as they're seen in ROTS (unless ROTS was their peak as in Anakin's case.) If they do lose, its not as quick and easy as you try to make it sound.

vader11
How long did it take Anakin to kill Dooku? How long did it take Mace to kill Jango? And this is them at their peaks, not as they're seen in ROTS (unless ROTS was their peak as in Anakin's case.) If they do lose, its not as quick and easy as you try to make it sound.
If Dooku was at his FP & tried to use some force on Anakin , maybe he can last a little longer...& Jango lost so quickly coz he didn't has his jackpack, he can fly away if he can(but still be pwn by Mace). Dooku team would have a very hard fight in order to win those Jedi...

Count Makashi
And who is to say Anakin would win every time so easily, Dooku team would win after a hard fight, but the trio has a chance of wining.

Darth Subjekt
Because thats how powerful Anakin is. All he had to do was decide, and he did. No other time would be different. Anakin is just simply that much better than Dooku. Dooku's ONLY reason for being in ROTS was to show how powerful Anakin had become, by pwning him so badly. And Jango and Durge don't have force powers, so if they try to fly away, what keeps a Jedi from pulling them down or using the force to detach like a fuel line or something? Vader moved a lever in ESB, so i don't think he would be hard to take away they're flying abilities.

By the way, where is this fight taking place?

vader11
Because thats how powerful Anakin is. All he had to do was decide, and he did. No other time would be different. Anakin is just simply that much better than Dooku. Dooku's ONLY reason for being in ROTS was to show how powerful Anakin had become, by pwning him so badly. And Jango and Durge don't have force powers, so if they try to fly away, what keeps a Jedi from pulling them down or using the force to detach like a fuel line or something? Vader moved a lever in ESB, so i don't think he would be hard to take away they're flying abilities.

By the way, where is this fight taking place?
In a open area

jollyjim311
Mace was too fast too see while fighting (this is in Shatterpoint and Anakin couldn't see him while he was fighting (although he could sense him)). He also has a supereffective form against darksiders (and the best form all around). He also has an incredible Shatterpoint ability that would not only allow him to dominate in personal combat, but also to see who he should attack first and such for a massive strategical advantage.

Anakin dominated Dooku in thirty seconds flat (including a 13 second saber lock). He also killed the Jedi's battle master with comic ease while choking another Jedi. He also kept Obi Wan "I can block 18 lightsaber hits a second" Kenobi running, even when Kenobi had trained him and taught him mostly everything he knew.

Then, there is Yoda. He was on par with Sidious, who ripped through Kit, Agen, and Seasse in about 5 seconds (even when most of his attacks at that time were against Mace). Note: Agen was giving Vos a beating; Kit fought against Asajj and did very well, and was speculated to maybe have been able to take Greivous (or at least defend Palpatine successfully from him); and Seasse... well... he was above average. Yoda dodges attacks from three Jedi Masters (one being a Vaapad Master) without igniting his lightsaber. He is also "The most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness has ever known."

So:
Anakin could take on Dooku, and after thirty seconds, come and help re-kill Durge or whatever.
Mace could slice through Jango before he could get a shot off, and then attack Durge (probably slicing through him and destroying his Jetpack), and fight Greivous.
Yoda could kill Asajj, Vos, and Sora in less than 15 seconds (seeing as how a distracted Sidious killed their marginal superiors in about 5), and then hop over and deal with Greivous so that Mace isn't being hammered by the general and Durge.

That, my pretties, is the tough fight for the Jedi.

The easy one?

Force powers.

Count Makashi
Dooku has better control of Force powers, then Anakin.

jollyjim311
I mainly meant Yoda beating the whole other team, while Dooku is distracted.

Count Makashi
Or Dooku unleashes lightning, of course Yoda will block it, butt his team mates can attack the threo then, when Yoda is distracted with Dooku.

S_W_LeGenD
I agree that Dooku's Force Mastery > Anakin's Force Mastery.

Dooku easily over-powered Obi-Wan with his Force Mastery. While Anakin could not over-power Obi-Wan even in a Force Push contest.

jollyjim311
Then again, Dookus force mastery was described as a joke when he was put up against Anakin.

S_W_LeGenD
Then again, Dookus force mastery was described as a joke when he was put up against Anakin.
Dooku never got the chance to use his Force Mastery to his advantage against Anakin because Anakin never gave him that chance because Anakin knew that what happened to Obi-Wan.

Anakin's raw power prevailed over Dooku. And his mastery in Djem So also gave him a nice advantage in a saber fight against Dooku. Djem So is designed to counter Makashi.

Count Makashi
Anakin doesn't have powerful Force powers as Dooku, like lightning, grip push..., he would become the most powerful ever, but he never did.

Advent
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Djem So is designed to counter Makashi.

No, it's not. Where the hell do you dolts come up with such idiotic assertions? Of course, there's no need to actually answer that question, seeing as I already know: your ass.

Anyways, Djem So isn't "designed to counter" Form II, it merely has an simple advantage in that it can't generate "enough kinetic energy to meet head-on" (and this is in regards to the duel with Anakin, who was on the attack). Now, to go as far as what you are stating, or even something to a similar effect, due to that is asinine, at best.

Vaapad, in Star Wars Insider, Issue 62, is described as "more open and kinetic than Form V". So, if you believe that Djem So was conceived for the purpose to counteract Makashi, then so was Juyo/Vaapad. Of course, we find out that it really doesn't cause that much interference in a duel, seeing as Count Dooku was able to take on both Sora Bulq, a dangerous Vaapad practitioner, and Master Tholme, who's no shoddy swordsman in his own right, and do so casually. One could even say that he was merely toying with them.

To get to the point, there's no sufficient evidence that I've ever seen in my illustrious career of reading Star Wars material that indicates what you suggest. In fact, Form V was developed "to address a need for greater power", seeing as Soresu was believed by some to be too passive. Not this crazy blather you're spewing. Unless I'm somehow wrong (which I'm not), you'll need to prove up.

Darth Subjekt
I love how you come out of nowhere and dish out some well wanrrented minor pwnage! stick out tongue

Advent
Well, you know, after a hiatus, I start picking at the little things first. It's just how I roll.

On a side note: "wanrrented" - XD. Ah, good, ol' Subjekt.

Darth Subjekt
yea, thats what happens when you dont spellcheck your own shit. sad

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Advent
No, it's not. Where the hell do you dolts come up with such idiotic assertions? Of course, there's no need to actually answer that question, seeing as I already know: your ass.

Anyways, Djem So isn't "designed to counter" Form II, it merely has an simple advantage in that it can't generate "enough kinetic energy to meet head-on" (and this is in regards to the duel with Anakin, who was on the attack). Now, to go as far as what you are stating, or even something to a similar effect, due to that is asinine, at best.

Vaapad, in Star Wars Insider, Issue 62, is described as "more open and kinetic than Form V". So, if you believe that Djem So was conceived for the purpose to counteract Makashi, then so was Juyo/Vaapad. Of course, we find out that it really doesn't cause that much interference in a duel, seeing as Count Dooku was able to take on both Sora Bulq, a dangerous Vaapad practitioner, and Master Tholme, who's no shoddy swordsman in his own right, and do so casually. One could even say that he was merely toying with them.

To get to the point, there's no sufficient evidence that I've ever seen in my illustrious career of reading Star Wars material that indicates what you suggest. In fact, Form V was developed "to address a need for greater power", seeing as Soresu was believed by some to be too passive. Not this crazy blather you're spewing. Unless I'm somehow wrong (which I'm not), you'll need to prove up.
Hold on! Advent

Djem So proved to be effective against Makashi and this is my actual point. I admit that I might have over-stated a bit. Anyways! I will not stress on it.

You came out and told me some useful information, so I appreciate that.

overlord
It's not as if it's two against Yoda, two against Mace and two against Anakin or something. Seeing as Anakin, Mace and Yoda have a brain, they'd stick together and I doubt those three incredible fighters could not overcome much of their opponents together.
Perhaps Anakin would get something chopped off, who knows.. but I don't think Dooku's team would stand long against such unpredictable and strong jedi.

Count Makashi
If they the 3 Jedi would win, it wouldn't be easy, nobody on the Jedi team can quickly kill Durge.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The Jedi team wins. I'm not a fan of Dooku. He lost so easily to ROTS Anakin.

Count Makashi
Only in a ligtsaber match, if Dooku at least try to use his superior Force powers on him, he would had a better chance of wining.

LORDSIDIOUS01
NJO Luke is far stronger in the force now.

Count Makashi
Your probably in the wrong thread, NJO Luke isn't even in this fight.

vader11
This is really a close fight...7 to 6

Count Makashi
What are you talking about, this is Dooku team versus Jedi team, there is no 7 or 6. You are in the wrong thread.
And Vader11 how are you posting threads, You don't appear on users browsing this forum, just something i wondered about.

vader11
What are you talking about, this is Dooku team versus Jedi team, there is no 7 or 6. You are in the wrong thread.
And Vader11 how are you posting threads, You don't appear on users browsing this forum, just something i wondered about.
Dooku team(7 votes) to Jedi team(6 votes)...

Count Makashi
Oh, sorry i thought you wore in wrong thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.