Vista owners-C&C:first Decade question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
I'm thinking of buying a new PC, so I can play games like The Sims 2, and C&C:3. Does The First Decade run on Vista, or should I try to find a PC with XP?

Smasandian
Not sure, but if the game ran on XP, then it should be able to be run on Vista.

Both systems are compatible.

Spidervlad
I don't waste money on Vista, it's only for crazy computer nerds. If you need something you can work on, play games, do your projects, search the internet, then stay with XP. Vista just gives us a little bit more in stuff that most of us don't really need or use.

However, Vista should work. But, then again, there are software out on the internet that is preety essential and useful that haven't yet created a compatible version for the Vista.

Smasandian
Well, if you serious into computer gaming, the next year, you will need to get Vista.

As of right now, XP is still good, but if your buying an complete system from scratch, whats the point of going back to XP when you can get Vista . XP is compatible with Vista so its not like you cannot play games on Vista, but if you are into PC gaming and are buying an new system....get Vista, especially if you want top of the line graphic.

doan_m
At the moment Vista is bugged straight to hell and it's got glaring performance issues with many games. For the time being just stick with XP. Some of the games that I know however that have experienced problems with Vista are: Supreme Commander, Farcry, Guild Wars(which as what I have been told, is actually incompatible with the new OS). I do not truly know if the C&C games will run well on XP as it does on Vista(because there are some of those games that run better on Vista then XP, like DoW).

Ok, I searched around some articles and I got some lousy news
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34915
This article says that Microsoft declared that games will run 10-15% slower on Vista then it will on XP, due to the 3d accelerated desktop. So I guess for now you should just stick to XP for the time being until they fix and patch up Vista a few months later.

Smasandian
Cant you disable the 3d desktop though?

All I'm saying is that if your getting a new computer, get Vista.

doan_m
^That much I am wondering myself.

Oh wait I found something else:
http://www.sanx.org/tipShow.asp?index=316
This shows you how to disable certain features on the desktop which is bound to help but you literally have to go into the registry editor(something I don't like doing because its such a delicate process) and type in a few codes here and there so its not entirely easy.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, if you serious into computer gaming, the next year, you will need to get Vista.

As of right now, XP is still good, but if your buying an complete system from scratch, whats the point of going back to XP when you can get Vista . XP is compatible with Vista so its not like you cannot play games on Vista, but if you are into PC gaming and are buying an new system....get Vista, especially if you want top of the line graphic.

Huh? Next year? It's going to take ALOT more for the Vista to become worldwide and games to start using it.

Lana
This belongs more in the Computer Help forum...moving.

LinixCobra
Originally posted by JToTheP
I'm thinking of buying a new PC, so I can play games like The Sims 2, and C&C:3. Does The First Decade run on Vista, or should I try to find a PC with XP?

I say as of right now not that many games run on VISTA becuase they are not compatible with that OS at the moment. However I would definitely get a new PC with Windows VISTA if my old one was 4 or 5 years old by now. The majority of people will assume games released before VISTA will run no problem on VISTA which is wrong. The drivers have to be updated to the game can run on the new Windows OS. I am sure Microsoft will eventually release a fix to allow gamers to run their games on the new OS you just have to be patient as this is a new operating system and there are still a few bugs to work out. Just like XP it took maybe 6 months to actually get most of the crutial bugs out anything after that was because of pure human idiocy.

Spidervlad
I'd wait a year until all the games switch to Vista and the bugs work out.

Barker
Get a Mac. haermm

doan_m
As i said in the Vista thread a while back; a Microsoft computer will perform better at games then a Mac computer at equal pricing.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Smasandian
Not sure, but if the game ran on XP, then it should be able to be run on Vista.

Both systems are compatible.
No. There is no guarantee that if a game runs on XP then it will run properly on Vista too. Compatibility with Vista is recommended.

Some games might work but many will not but we can always test.

Vista is not like XP.

LinixCobra
Originally posted by Barker
Get a Mac. haermm

I agree, this way you can dual boot into Windows to play games and the use the MAC OS to do your work in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.