If you had a chance to be a Boondock saint......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
would you take it? would you risk everything to punish the wicked?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

What do you mean "the chance". We all do have the chance, don'T we? And we don't take it,...well, I don't.

Hydrono
The film was great.

Fishy
Originally posted by Bardock42
What do you mean "the chance". We all do have the chance, don'T we? And we don't take it,...well, I don't.

Agreed, we already have the chance... And nobody here has taken it, so the answer to this thread should be obvious.

Mr. Bacon
great movie

Alliance
"wicked"

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Fishy
Agreed, we already have the chance... And nobody here has taken it, so the answer to this thread should be obvious.
what i meant was if you heard the voice of god and he told you to kill wicked people, and you had guns and stuff, would you?

of course we all have the chance. but what if you were a bit off like the brothers in the movie and swore you heard gods voice in your head?

Robtard
what i meant was if you heard the voice of god and he told you to kill wicked people, and you had guns and stuff, would you?

Then you'd be mentally insane...

This thread sucks hairy unwiped ass.

Ellery
Oh, hell yes.
Does that mean I could have wild, mad sex with the other saints?
Hahaa.

Soleran
Originally posted by Robtard
Then you'd be mentally insane...

This thread sucks hairy unwiped ass.

Well I'm not sure exactly what that means but it does smell more of OTF stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
guess this thread should have gone there. my bad again.

Bardock42
guess this thread should have gone there. my bad again.

Well, I am not sure, I suppose it could fit here....

Shakyamunison

I don't know what a Boondock saint is. I know it has to do with so movie that I have never seen. Is it kind of like a Superman?

Rogue Jedi
i got something that'll fit there, baby... shifty

dammit, i had a LU moment!!! laughing out loud

Shakyamunison

?????????

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
?????????
that was to bardocks post, not yours.

Imperial_Samura

Like Joan of Arc eek! And like until the police caught up with me and I spent the rest of my life in jail since the voice of God is not a legally applicable in Australia, or any other country for that matter eek!

The question really is do you mean if reality was like the movie, or if the movie had to be translated into reality - that is real life? If the latter then I doubt it. Other then the chance the voice I was hearing was due to some mental illness I don't like the idea of me taking on the mantle of executioner of the "wicked."

Especially as I don't trust the Biblical God as far as I can kick it. And being incorporeal and probably nonexistent that isn't very far at all.

Bardock42

In the Boondock Saints two guys go on a heavenly mission to kill off bad folks.....

Shakyamunison
that was to bardocks post, not yours.

OK... big grin

Rogue Jedi
In the Boondock Saints two guys go on a heavenly mission to kill off bad folks.....
yup.....then rocco got in the mix. never understood why they alowed him in.

Bardock42
yup.....then rocco got in the mix. never understood why they alowed him in.

Cause he was their friend and basically a good guy....though an idiot.

Seraphim XIII
The saints were hypocrites. In Catholicism, only god can judge.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
The saints were hypocrites. In Catholicism, only god can judge.

They got their mission from God they believed.

Seraphim XIII

Still, wouldn't you think they would doubt the credibility of their visions, seeing as it happened as they slept (Dream) and because God can only judge?

Bardock42
Still, wouldn't you think they would doubt the credibility of their visions, seeing as it happened as they slept (Dream) and because God can only judge?

Well, no, seeing as they supported vigilantism from the start, as did their priest, also, I suppose you could claim they were not Catholics as such, but that still would hardly make them hypocrites.

smoker4

Where they putting the band back together?

Bardock42
Originally posted by smoker4

Pretty much, just that they didn't put anything together but rather killed lots of people and that it wasn't a band but the mafia.

smoker4
Pretty much, just that they didn't put anything together but rather killed lots of people and that it wasn't a band but the mafia.

So no then?

Seraphim XIII
Well, no, seeing as they supported vigilantism from the start, as did their priest, also, I suppose you could claim they were not Catholics as such, but that still would hardly make them hypocrites.

No, not really.

"Thou shalt not kill." ringing any bells for you? Or the fact that God can only judge others?

So, a so-called vision certifies them to break the Bible's rules/code and basically kill others?

Hypocrites.

Bardock42
No, not really.

"Thou shalt not kill." ringing any bells for you? Or the fact that God can only judge others?

So, a so-called vision certifies them to break the Bible's rules/code and basically kill others?

Hypocrites.
Hmm, well, you could say that, though being told by God himself overwrites the Bibkle I suppose.

Seraphim XIII
Hmm, well, you could say that, though being told by God himself overwrites the Bibkle I suppose.

Really? They were sleeping. They cannot prove this was a vision of god. It sounds more like a dream. Why would God contradict the bible?

Heh, that sounds like a rhetorical question. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Really? They were sleeping. They cannot prove this was a vision of god. It sounds more like a dream. Why would God contradict the bible?

Heh, that sounds like a rhetorical question. stick out tongue

They don't have to prove it. That they believe it is sufficent to not make them hypocrites. Idiots? Maybe. Not hypocrites.

Changed his mind?

Seraphim XIII
They don't have to prove it. That they believe it is sufficent to not make them hypocrites. Idiots? Maybe. Not hypocrites.

Changed his mind?

Of course they do. They're hypocrites. They follow catholicism and it's guidelines, but break them due to a supposed vision. It's their JOB to prove what they saw was not a dream. It's ridiculous to state otherwise. Seriously.

Bardock42
Of course they do. They're hypocrites. They follow catholicism and it's guidelines, but break them due to a supposed vision. It's their JOB to prove what they saw was not a dream. It's ridiculous to state otherwise. Seriously.

It is not their job to prove anything to anyone. They followed catholicism, then had a vision and changed their view....they aren't hypocrites, they never stated it was wrong to punish those that God finds evil.

Seraphim XIII
It is not their job to prove anything to anyone. They followed catholicism, then had a vision and changed their view....they aren't hypocrites, they never stated it was wrong to punish those that God finds evil.

Yes, it did. Only god was entitled to judge the wicked. That's biblical fact.

The vision went against what they believed in but they killed anyways, breaking a primary commandment.

Bardock42
Yes, it did. Only god was entitled to judge the wicked. That's biblical fact.

The vision went against what they believed in but they killed anyways, breaking a primary commandment.

So, everyone that once took drugs and stopped is a hypocrite?

Sorry, they aren't, they changed their mind when new facts (to them) came up. That is in no way hypocrisy, you seem to have slight problems with definitions of English words though, should get that checked.

Seraphim XIII
So, everyone that once took drugs and stopped is a hypocrite?

What the f*ck is that? Was that analogy supposed to APPLY to what we're talking about?

No, they are supposed catholics. They are going directly against the bible for what they're doing.

"The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness."

If you're going directly against something you follow by doing something else and proclaiming you actively are working under that said belief while breaking it's conduct, does that not deem you a hypocrite?

smile

Bardock42
What the f*ck is that? Was that analogy supposed to APPLY to what we're talking about?

Someone changes their mind. One day they think it is good, then new information is available and they see that they were wrong. That's not hypocritical.

No, they are supposed catholics. They are going directly against the bible for what they're doing.

"The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness."

If you're going directly against something you follow by doing something else and proclaiming you actively are working under that said belief while breaking it's conduct, does that not deem you a hypocrite?

smile

But that is assuming that they are following catholicism and the bible after their revelation and not God as they think it was revealed to them. That is not the case. They changed their mind. No hypocrisy involved.

Seraphim XIII
Someone changes their mind. One day they think it is good, then new information is available and they see that they were wrong. That's not hypocritical.

No, no, NO!

Your analogy does NOT apply because the saints still followed Catholicism but directly broke it's rules by somewhat following a god-like role and judging those who they deemed morally bad.

HYPOCRISY, FFS.

They never changed their minds. They were still catholics. They were killing under God's name. They were catholics to begin with and that didn't change.

Bardock42
No, no, NO!

Your analogy does NOT apply because the saints still followed Catholicism but directly broke it's rules by somewhat following a god-like role and judging those who they deemed morally bad.

HYPOCRISY, FFS.

They never changed their minds. They were still catholics. They were killing under God's name. They were catholics to begin with and that didn't change.

How are you sure that they followed catholicism and not their own ideal religion? In the movie I saw that wasn't stated.

They were catholics but in favour of vigilantism... from the beginning, hardly anything changed, just that God revealed to them that he wanted them to go about their task. So they did, because the word of God at a given moment should be judged higher than the churches teaching. As such you could even say they weren't real catholics to begin with. Hardly hypocritical though.

Seraphim XIII
How are you sure that they followed catholicism and not their own ideal religion? In the movie I saw that wasn't stated.

"The movie opens on twin brothers Connor (Sean Patrick Flanery) and Murphy (Norman Reedus) attending a church service. The brothers, both pious Catholics, work at a meat-packing plant and are accomplished polyglots."

The two brothers were obviously catholics.

No, it could've possibly been a dream. If you follow an ideal, you should follow it's rules. It's like bashing god while you're a catholic. The two simply didn't follow the rules and killed in the name of their religion and for god, hence the prayer after each murder scene. It's hypocritical to do so.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by smoker4

As far as people with missions from God go the Blues Brothers pwn the Boondock Saints. Hard.

And I mean that in the sense about who had the better movie, better lines and the better mission.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
As far as people with missions from God go the Blues Brothers pwn the Boondock Saints. Hard.

And I mean that in the sense about who had the better movie, better lines and the better mission.

I haven't seen Blues Brother I must admit. Though The Boondock Saints was excellent.

"The movie opens on twin brothers Connor (Sean Patrick Flanery) and Murphy (Norman Reedus) attending a church service. The brothers, both pious Catholics, work at a meat-packing plant and are accomplished polyglots."

The two brothers were obviously catholics.

No, it could've possibly been a dream. If you follow an ideal, you should follow it's rules. It's like bashing god while you're a catholic. The two simply didn't follow the rules and killed in the name of their religion and for god, hence the prayer after each murder scene. It's hypocritical to do so.

Refer to one of my earlier posts as answer.

Seraphim XIII

Refer to one of my earlier posts as answer.

Perhaps you'd like to actually debate me instead of reverting to semantics as a form of escapism, yes?

Bardock42
Perhaps you'd like to actually debate me instead of reverting to semantics as a form of escapism, yes?

Hardly semantics, my friend. I debated you for over a page, everything has been said, if you didn't change your mind and I didn't then it is pointless as anyone that reads it can make up their own mind already.

tabby999
nice thought, but not for me, i couldn't do it for the long haul, theres better people for that.

Rogue Jedi
No, not really.

Hypocrites.
they were god's striking hammer, his tool of justice. he dispensed justice through the saints. ever hear the end of their prayer?

IN NOMINE= in the name
PATRIS= of the Father
ET= and
FILII= of the Son
SPIRITUS= of the Spirit
SANCTI= Holy

they killed in the name of god. sure, they might be insane. but, if they were in fact sane, and god empowered them to slay the wicked, it seems as if they would have little choice. if god came to me in a dream and told me to kill the wicked, i would probably do it, IF i felt that it was really him telling me to do so. if i thought it was just a dream based on my own personal beliefs, i would just shrug it off.

here's Ill Duce's prayer:

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints ."

"Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god. "

he believed that he was empowered by god to kill evildoers. apparently it was passed down to his sons. whats the odds of all three being insane in the same way?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.