Mavericks Surf Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlappingMangera
Has anyone followed this in the past? It is basically the biggest surfing contest of the year. They wait till the waves are just right and then surfers have 24 hours to report for the competition. Pretty sweet that this will be streamed online at cbs this year.

Are there any big wave surfers here? I might be good for an 8 foot swell on a long board, don't think i'm going to be invited this year

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't know where you get the idea that it's "the biggest surfing contest of the year". In terms of coverage, the Pipe Masters and Billabong Teahupoo are ahead. Then, if you're talking about size, the Tow-In World Cup gets way bigger waves.

As for me, the biggest I've surfed is about double over-head on Nusa Lembongan. It was insane, but I prefer waves about head-high because then it's just pure fun.

Dude.

FlappingMangera
Plenty of surfers talk about mavericks as the biggest competition of the year. Shame that it is going to be a little later this year because the waves aren't big enough yet.

Pretty cool that you've surved double over-head. What kind of board do you ride?

I've got a sweet bunger board that was actually Ricky Rasmussens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.