What CAN'T Daredevil do ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok , so we know that Matt's radar sense pretty much equates to sight for him , but is there anything that he CAN'T do. Eg . Could he fire a gun ? Could he drive a car ? ect ect.

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Ok , so we know that Matt's radar sense pretty much equates to sight for him , but is there anything that he CAN'T do. Eg . Could he fire a gun ? Could he drive a car ? ect ect.

I dont think he can recreate a drawing accuratly. DD can see images and know where things are but he cant see in extreme detail.

Pre Crisis Ya
He cannot see, scream, hear or smell in space !

marvelprince
Can't distinguish colours

Hercules
Originally posted by marvelprince

thumb up

Symmetric Chaos

That and any detail that isn't raised or engraved.

willRules
Yeah, Daredevil's fingers are supposed to be sensitive enough to feel the printed word on a page, so technically shouldn't picking things up or hitting someone be a very painful procedure?

Lord Rock
He misses a gift we all have... The ability to use a computer, enjoy television, read comics... poor guy.... i also like him for his poor destiny, but the fact that he still archieves great things. Thats also the reason i am a fan of the Rocky-movies

NoFate007
Daredevil can't respond "yes" to the question "Did you see that?" without lying. Lol

marvelprince
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah, Daredevil's fingers are supposed to be sensitive enough to feel the printed word on a page, so technically shouldn't picking things up or hitting someone be a very painful procedure?

Not really. Just means that wheneber he's hit he can feel every indentation and groove in the fist/foot of his assailant

Superguy
Originally posted by Lord Rock
He misses a gift we all have... The ability to use a computer, enjoy television, read comics... poor guy.... i also like him for his poor destiny, but the fact that he still archieves great things. Thats also the reason i am a fan of the Rocky-movies He can read comics with his fingers (raised ink), it would just take forever. As for computers, I'm sure he could learn to use basic stuff (Microsoft Office programs for example)... and surely he can hear everything going on on a TV, even the movements. He went to watch a film with Echo and they kinda managed... wink

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by NoFate007
Daredevil can't respond "yes" to the question "Did you see that?" without lying. Lol

Man, you try too hard. Originally posted by marvelprince
Can't distinguish colours yes

inamilist
1) Is DD's radar sense continuous or is there a delay like one would see in a real radar or echo location?

2) a) Can it detect through walls?

b) If not, could you line many opponents up behind something large to mess with his perception?

willRules
Not really. Just means that wheneber he's hit he can feel every indentation and groove in the fist/foot of his assailant

Ah ok smile

Wait how do you know? stick out tongue Marvelprince are you really Daredevil? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inamilist
2) a) Can it detect through walls?

Depends, if an inanimate object is behind a wall he won't know its there but a person still has a heartbeat, breath and various other signs of life for him to pick up on.

willRules

He can't clone dinosaurs eat

No in all seriousness I think his inability to differentiate colours must be frustrating yes

Superherovandal
He can't use his sense to dodge bullet thats already been fired. Cause by the time the sound waves have bounced back the bullets would already hit him or be too close to dodge. Same for lasers except the sound waves wouldn't have a chance to bouce back.

SpunkySmurph
For a massive hint, without memorizingkey strokes, he couldn't log on to this forum and personally tell us what he can't do... assuming he existed, yada yada

Disappear
according to monolith, on uncannyxmen.net's forum:

manjaro
actually DD can do anything we can do, why? his "sight" is a swift combination of radar and sonar, i'd actually wager that he could "see" better than we can, so he might be able to watch TV but seeing into the acreen might be the tricky part. plus with all the clakity clak of a key board he would be able to "see" it clearly as well. and he has driven a car on panel b4

long pig
Can he drive? Yes. He can see better than us since all his other senses merged into one is basically a 4th dimension. He's counted scares on people's faces before.

Can he shoot? Easily.

Tell colors? Maybe, he could smell the ink and it'd tell him what color it is.
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Depends, if an inanimate object is behind a wall he won't know its there but a person still has a heartbeat, breath and various other signs of life for him to pick up on.
It can detect through walls. Of course it can. Can he detect through a wall? Yes. He would "SEE" the criminal before he ever saw him. 4th dimension thing

Badabing
Originally posted by long pig

Can he drive? Yes. He can see better than us since all his other senses merged into one is basically a 4th dimension. He's counted scares on people's faces before. nutnut

Can he shoot? Easily.

Tell colors? Maybe, he could smell the ink and it'd tell him what color it is. dur

It can detect through walls. Of course it can. Can he detect through a wall? Yes. He would "SEE" the criminal before he ever saw him. 4th dimension thing nutnut dur

Martian_mind
He can't say "I hope i don't get hit in the eye"

spidey-dude
DD cant fly

marvelprince
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He can't say "I hope i don't get hit in the eye"

Of course he could say say it. Could he mean it though?

Symmetric Chaos
Of course he could say say it. Could he mean it though?

Yes he could mean it because that would be really, really, really painful.

Lord Rock
Originally posted by Disappear

Thats too sick and i didnt knew it. That kinda ruins the fact that he is handicapped...

Superguy
Originally posted by manjaro
actually DD can do anything we can do, why? his "sight" is a swift combination of radar and sonar, i'd actually wager that he could "see" better than we can, so he might be able to watch TV but seeing into the acreen might be the tricky part. plus with all the clakity clak of a key board he would be able to "see" it clearly as well. and he has driven a car on panel b4 At least twice... and he did get pretty smashed up (though both times he was immensely pissed and in a massive rush)...

pr1983
this might seem blindingly obvious, but:

pass an eye test?

heh...

Hercules
Originally posted by spidey-dude
DD cant fly

He can if he happens to be in a plane...

long pig
I remember he was able to feel a sniper's laser dot on his skin.

Really doesn't have shit to do with the thread, but it's a cool feat.

jumpmann
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
For a massive hint, without memorizingkey strokes, he couldn't log on to this forum and personally tell us what he can't do... assuming he existed, yada yada
laughing

juggernaut66666
Watch TV...

Lord Rock
He cant stick his tongue up in his eyewink That takes a loooong tongue stick out tongue

Superguy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Watch TV... Well, he can't physically WATCH it, but he can pretty much understand what's going on as well as a sighted person.

And Rock, how do YOU know DD doesn't have an amazing stretchy tongue...? wink

Wolfie
Originally posted by Disappear

quote:
The biggest failing of his radar sense compared to actual sight is his inability to sense two-dimensional projections -- television, photographs, etc. His hyper-sensitive fingers can compensate for that, though, as he can read and understand printed type simply by running his hands across the imprint of the ink, and can "read" computer screens by the subtle temperature differences between lit and un-lit pixels.
Actually, to my limited knowledge of computers, all the pixels on a computer screen are lit. If I'm wrong about that, he'd only be able to tell if something on the screen is black.

Tell colors? Maybe, he could smell the ink and it'd tell him what color it is.
Do colors have distinct smells? Red paint smells different than yellow paint? That's like saying he could hear the difference between a red ball falling and a blue one.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Hercules
He can if he happens to be in a plane... withough a plane i mean smarty

bigbran
Ok , so we know that Matt's radar sense pretty much equates to sight for him , but is there anything that he CAN'T do. Eg . Could he fire a gun ? Could he drive a car ? ect ect. See.

Martian_mind
Tell us the exact value of pie.

bigbran
Tell us the exact value of pie. Neither can you...

Oh, an obvious one... he can't destroy Hulk's pants.

Martian_mind
Yes i can....

bigbran
Yes i can.... Do it.

Martian_mind

rounded off of course.

stick out tongue

bigbran

rounded off of course.

stick out tongue Good job...

Damn, I hope Manhunter gets the shaft again (his comics you sicko!)...

Martian_mind
I know Manhunter sucks.

but Martian Manhunter pwns rock

bigbran
I know Manhunter sucks.

but Martian Manhunter pwns rock Of course... of course...

You know what else Daredevil can't do?

He can't SEE any reason why the Martian Manhunter series isn't cancelled yet...

Martian_mind
well he can't SEE much of anything can he?

plus he's jealous that each of Jonn's senses are better than his and that Jonn has 9 of them rock

bigbran
well he can't SEE much of anything can he?

plus he's jealous that each of Jonn's senses are better than his and that Jonn has 9 of them rock He can see that his series is vastly superiour to MM's.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by bigbran
He can see that his series is vastly superiour to MM's.

Considering Jonn's is a mini and i highly doubt he/your reading it i'd say it doesn't matter stick out tongue

bigbran
Considering Jonn's is a mini and i highly doubt he/your reading it i'd say it doesn't matter stick out tongue And yet, DD's is still better...

Martian_mind
Originally posted by bigbran
And yet, DD's is still better...

Prove it.

stick out tongue

bigbran
Prove it.

stick out tongue I'd say hundreds of comics already do prove it...

Martian_mind
Comics are inherently interpretive,so your personal opinion don't mean jack.

Mwahahahaha

Dinalfos
Daredevil's senses are a bit of a plot device. I think it stems from some form of misguided emancipatory ideal that handicapped people should not be crippled by their weaknesses. So they make them do stuff they really, really couldn't. I mean, it's so much more impressive when a blind person tells you that he can hear a train coming from 300.000.000.000.000 miles away or that can he walk a tightrope on one foot.

It's kind of lame, though. It's okay to have a weakness, we shouldn't have to compensate for EVERYTHING we lack. Oh well.

Validus
I remember he was able to feel a sniper's laser dot on his skin.

Really doesn't have shit to do with the thread, but it's a cool feat.
Batman could feel the air pressure change as the bullet was fired.

Batman > Daredevil

Metalmanx

Actually, Daredevil has driven a car.

And flown a plane, if I do recall correctly.

willRules
Daredevil can't say "I see" and not lie.

Man I'm so insensitive.........

Mindship
Spin a web, any size...

long pig
He CAN see. I don't think you understand that he can look at you and see every feature you have, just not in color. They have shown his perspective while looking at a woman and he could see her just fine, every detail even better than we see. The only thing was it was all different shades of the same color which has been depicted as red, green, black and even purple.

makbuns
Does the film show us accurately what he sees?

jrodslam
^ Yes and no. It cant go into every aspect and detail of his radar, but it wasnt too far behind.

BUSTER1
On thing that Daredevil can't do is pick up a juggernaut truck and throw it to the moon

willRules
umm Daredevil#346 would disagree with that ^

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.