Galactus v Cyttorak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Cyttorak fights Galactus, under the following three scenarios:
1. hungry G
2. well fed G
3. universal danger G (after eating up much of the universe)

I know nothing much about Cyttorak, except for the fact that he's responsible for Juggernaut and the Bands that Strange uses (the ones that Hulk smashed out of!).

Priest
Cyttorak is a elder god, above skyfather, he can give a hungry Galactus problems.

Utrigita
Yes but only Hungry Galactus well fed ore universal Danger G should take this without problem, the question is how much is he depowered (how hungry)

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes but only Hungry Galactus well fed ore universal Danger G should take this without problem, the question is how much is he depowered (how hungry)

Co-signed. thumb up

guy222
Originally posted by janus77
Cyttorak fights Galactus, under the following three scenarios:
1. hungry G
2. well fed G
3. universal danger G (after eating up much of the universe)

I know nothing much about Cyttorak, except for the fact that he's responsible for Juggernaut and the Bands that Strange uses (the ones that Hulk smashed out of!).

Galactus

janus77
but Galactus doesn't do magic or have any magical abilities, does he?

it all puzzles me because magic is rated so highly here, and yet Galactus beats someone like Cyttorak (which is the consensus opinion here).

how does he beat Cyttorak? what can he do to a magical being of such vast power?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by janus77
but Galactus doesn't do magic or have any magical abilities, does he?

it all puzzles me because magic is rated so highly here, and yet Galactus beats someone like Cyttorak (which is the consensus opinion here).

how does he beat Cyttorak? what can he do to a magical being of such vast power?

Galactus held his own against Agamotto in his own realm, and Agamotto and the other Vishanti are basically the top tier when it comes to magic. I don't see Cyttorak as fairing any better.

janus77
I'm not arguing against the consensus. I'm just saying that it is quite inconsistent.

a while back I said, it was logical for Hulk (a creature who has access to limitless - as close as makes no difference, to infinite - physical power) to potentially generate enough +physical+ force to lay waste to Juggernaut and his Cyttorak charm.

now this was scoffed at by a lot of people and people generally argue that no +physical+ force can transcend magic... thus my query as regards Galactus' superiority over Cyttorak.

this would make The Silver Surfer also highly resistant to magic (as he shares a portion of G's Power Cosmic) and also be 'proof' of the potential for +physical+ force to overcome magic-manipulated matter (ie juggernaut, strange's shields etc).

Utrigita
He SS is highly resistent to magic and only the highest form hurt him. But seeing that Agamotto was kicked in his own realm by Galactus that makes up that Galactus is resistent to it to, even though Strange was capable of topping him

Mider999
hmmm cyttorak is he indestructable like the juggernaut i dont think even big g can hurt that type of invunrability

janus77
WarHulk overpowered Juggernaut, Thor stopped the magic... Galactus wouldn't even need to be here to squish something as insignificant as juggernaut.

with respect to Cyttorak, I think the consensus is, that magic is powerful until it faces a being superior to it... Galactus.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Mider999
hmmm cyttorak is he indestructable like the juggernaut i dont think even big g can hurt that type of invunrability
He's probably roughly as durable as any magical god creature.

KillAll
the crimson bands of cyttorak (cast by strange) held galactus...

i dont think galactus would win in any form. but i dont think cyttorak would win either...

50/50. complete stalemate.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by KillAll
When? The only time I know Galactus met the bands is when he was flying through Cyttorak's realm and the bands caught on Galactus' ship like a wet towel. It created kind of a dragging mattress effect.

Mider999
even if thor stopped the magic he only did so for a moment, and warhulk never killed him only beat him i doubt he could kill juggernaut

janus77
Originally posted by Mider999
even if thor stopped the magic he only did so for a moment, and warhulk never killed him only beat him i doubt he could kill juggernaut
what leaves you with any room to doubt?
Cyttorak's mojo was meant to make the Juggernaut "unstoppable".
not only did Warhulk stop him, but he pounded on juggy, flicked his ass across the planet and generally had a good time pawning Cyttorak's errand boy.

Cyttorak's magic was overcome by WarHulk. Juggernaut is eminently killable. just needs to meet a being of sufficient power (WarHulk).

Utrigita
Originally posted by KillAll

i dont think galactus would win in any form. but i dont think cyttorak would win either...

50/50. complete stalemate.

In which comic ???

Bouboumaster
Galactus would pimp slap him to be so arrogant.

guy222
Big G

Knowsbleed33
Who knows? Not enough information avaliable about Cyttorak to make a guess here. All I know for sure is that the Vishanti fear Cyttorak and Agamotto once stalemated Galactus. That was in the Vishantis realm though.

LORD B
1.cyttork could stalemate him at best imo
2.big g devours him
3.big g devours him and his dimension

llagrok
Galactus is always hungry.

Unless 1 is a Galactus who's completely famished and near Death, Cyttorak would have a hard time.

tjcoady
do none of you read comics?

This has happened before. Galactus was ineffectual and useless. Dr. Strange had to summon the Juggernaut to distract Cyttorak, who was rendered impotent by him and the Surfer.

Utrigita
I have seen Nova probably one of the weakest of Galactus heralds break the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, And no to my knowlegde Cyttorak and Galactus have never engaged in any direct confrontation, in which comic did that happen.

Because this is what Nova did too the Bands made from the direct power of Cyttorak

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Nova gets caught in THE Crimson Bands of Cyttorak...they're "prototypes" as in...they're the real bands from the source (Cyttorak), as opposed to Strange just calling on Cyttorak's power to create his own bands to use.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/407/drstrangesorcerersupremmh5.th.jpg

Builds up power
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3662/drstrangesorcerersupremlf3.th.jpg

Nova Breaks the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak...which were made directly from Cyttorak's power...not "called on" like the bands strange uses.
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1630/drstrangesorcerersupremnw8.th.jpg

tjcoady
Originally posted by Utrigita
I have seen Nova probably one of the weakest of Galactus heralds break the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, And no to my knowlegde Cyttorak and Galactus have never engaged in any direct confrontation, in which comic did that happen.

During the second of the Infinite cycle.

my details may be off, as it's a comic at my other house, so I don't have it on hand. But Galactus was basically useless in Cyttorak's realm.

Utrigita
Originally posted by tjcoady
During the second of the Infinite cycle.

my details may be off, as it's a comic at my other house, so I don't have it on hand. But Galactus was basically useless in Cyttorak's realm.

To my knowlegde he has never been in Cyttoraks realm, Nova has. But to my knowlegde Galactus hasn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.