Ryu Hayabusa vs Gouki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
It's been a long time coming...the battle that will tear the very foundations of the gaming versus forum:

The Modern Super Ninja vs The Supreme Master of the Fist

Tired of being unrivaled in power and skills Gouki sets on a quest to find the one worthy of his talents and full power. His quest leads him to the Mugen Tenshin clan village. There he encounters Hayate, Kasumi & Ayane. The ninja trio pulls of a valiant effort, but is unable to halt Gouki's Satsui no Hadou, and eventually they fall victim to the murderous intent.

Meanwhile Ryu Hayabusa is paying a visit to his fellow friend and rival, Hayate. Instead he finds the burnt remains of the village and the corpses of his comrades. He gives his fallen comrades their proper burials. An Enraged Hayabusa grips his fist and vows revenge against the monster that caused this atrocity.

Hayabusa makes his way to Gouki's island and finally meets with the Ansatsuken master face to face.

"Have you come to meet your doom?" Gouki asks with a cold & sincere tone of voice.

"I have come to take your life." Hayabusa responds with a determination and anger not seen since his own village was destroyed by Doku.

"So be it." Gouki seals the deal by stomping the ground beneath him. The very island shakes, and the kanji behind Gouki's gi glows a dark, blood colored red.

The modern Super Ninja adopts the Hayabusa style ninjitsu stance while his green gaze locks on Gouki.

---

There will be 2 fighting scenarios:

Scenario 1
- Hand to hand only. Nimpo/Chi, Satsui No Hadou is enabled. No weapons for Ryu other than his Chi/Nimpo.

Scenario 2
- Weapons are enabled. Gouki is allowed to use his full power against this version of Ryu.

Discuss.

Remulous
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
"Have you come to meet your doom?" Gouki asks with a cold & sincere tone of voice.

"I have come to take your life." Hayabusa responds with a determination and anger not seen since his own village was destroyed by Doku.

"So be it." Gouki seals the deal by stomping the ground beneath him. The very island shakes, and the kanji behind Gouki's gi glows a dark, blood colored red.

The modern Super Ninja adopts the Hayabusa style ninjitsu stance while his green gaze locks on Gouki.

---

There will be 2 fighting scenarios:

Scenario 1
- Hand to hand only. Nimpo/Chi, Satsui No Hadou is enabled. No weapons for Ryu other than his Chi/Nimpo.

Scenario 2
- Weapons are enabled. Gouki is allowed to use his full power against this version of Ryu.

Discuss. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughingNice

Hayabusa will win with the weapons.

With out them he's dead meat.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Remulous

Co-signed.

However I'm curious to know what some of the die-hard fans of both characters have to say about it.

By the way you might want to click this link: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/440762_1-respect-ryu-hayabusa
Tell me what you think about it in a PM if you will.

Remulous
Co-signed.

However I'm curious to know what some of the die-hard fans of both characters have to say about it.

By the way you might want to click this link: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/440762_1-respect-ryu-hayabusa
Tell me what you think about it in a PM if you will. I think they said all they needed to say in that other thread. laughing

Superboy Prime
I think they said all they needed to say in that other thread. laughing

You think? I think not. Eventually someone's fanboyism will take over and they will make a fool out of themselves again. Besides some of the debaters(including myself) stopped discussing because we were doing it out of topic.

Darkstorm Zero
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Nice

Agreed. I beleive I've stated this a few times already in the other numerous threads that got derailed so badly.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Agreed. I beleive I've stated this a few times already in the other numerous threads that got derailed so badly.

Shame this thread was not created earlier then...sad Would have been fun.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, everything that needs to be said has probably been said elsewhere...no expression

To think, all that stuff could have happened here, where it belongs.

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, everything that needs to be said has probably been said elsewhere...no expression

To think, all that stuff could have happened here, where it belongs. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Major Snafu
Gouki clearly has the experience. He has been fighting since Hayabusa was in diapers. However, Hayabusa himself is no sluch, having won the 2nd DOA tournament.

But what makes Gouki dangerous is his power. Should Hayabusa slip up, he will be on the receiving end of the Raging Demon, and as Gouki stated, "It's not my fist, but your past sins that will kill you." Unless he clears his mind of all emotion, he won't survive the attack.

Hayabusa better hope he can cleave him in two with his sword. But he had also better hope that his anger doesn't get the better of him, or else he won't think straight and Gouki will indeed kill him.

If anything, Gouki should look at Hayabusa as a student in the Dark Hadou if anything else.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Gouki clearly has the experience. He has been fighting since Hayabusa was in diapers. However, Hayabusa himself is no sluch, having won the 2nd DOA tournament.

But what makes Gouki dangerous is his power. Should Hayabusa slip up, he will be on the receiving end of the Raging Demon, and as Gouki stated, "It's not my fist, but your past sins that will kill you." Unless he clears his mind of all emotion, he won't survive the attack.

Hayabusa better hope he can cleave him in two with his sword. But he had also better hope that his anger doesn't get the better of him, or else he won't think straight and Gouki will indeed kill him.

If anything, Gouki should look at Hayabusa as a student in the Dark Hadou if anything else.

You know what Snafu, that would actually be a cool thing to see, especially if Haya uses the power for good stick out tongue

Superboy Prime

I agree with you. However Ryu has demonstrated the ability to stay focused and in character while lusting for revenge like he did in Ninja Gaiden. The only instance Ryu got owned, and by owned I mean killed, because of acting without control was when he engaged Doku in combat while Doku was wielding the Dark Dragon blade. Post Hayabusa village burnout.

BTW Ryu Hayabusa with murderous intent trained by Gouki...*Wets underwear*

lightness
has hyabusa won any 2 doa tournaments? he won doa2, kasumi supposedly won doa1, ayane won 3. i'm not sure who the winner is in doa4.

Remulous
I agree with you. However Ryu has demonstrated the ability to stay focused and in character while lusting for revenge like he did in Ninja Gaiden. The only instance Ryu got owned, and by owned I mean killed, because of acting without control was when he engaged Doku in combat while Doku was wielding the Dark Dragon blade. Post Hayabusa village burnout.

BTW Ryu Hayabusa with murderous intent trained by Gouki...*Wets underwear* That part was cool.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by lightness
has hyabusa won any 2 doa tournaments? he won doa2, kasumi supposedly won doa1, ayane won 3. i'm not sure who the winner is in doa4.

There is no clear winner in DOA4, since the Mugen Tenshin Clan and Hayabusa had teamed up to destroy DOATEC's Tritower, so it's in the open.

Superboy Prime

As of now it's uncertain who the winner is. What we do know is that Helena's ending is canon. We also know Kasumi is the one that fights Alpha-152, and the winner always fights the final boss(Duh! lol); however Hayabusa stated it was Kasumi's destiny so it's probable Ryu, Hayate & Ayane left Alpha-152 for Kasumi to handle. It would be a nice change of pace if the winner was not a god damned Ninja...they have become the Mishimas of DOA.

Major Snafu
As of now it's uncertain who the winner is. What we do know is that Helena's ending is canon. We also know Kasumi is the one that fights Alpha-152, and the winner always fights the final boss(Duh! lol); however Hayabusa stated it was Kasumi's destiny so it's probable Ryu, Hayate & Ayane left Alpha-152 for Kasumi to handle. It would be a nice change of pace if the winner was not a god damned Ninja...they have become the Mishimas of DOA.

But you got to admit that the Mishima clan is much better than the ninjas.

Remulous
But you got to admit that the Mishima clan is much better than the ninjas. I don't know about that. The Ninjas are awesome. I just wish DOA didn't revolve around them. It's like the ninjas and a bunch of nobodies. Although my favorite character is Jann Lee, they treat him like some dude and Hayabusa is always f**kin wit'em.

Major Snafu
I don't know about that. The Ninjas are awesome. I just wish DOA didn't revolve around them. It's like the ninjas and a bunch of nobodies. Although my favorite character is Jann Lee, they treat him like some dude and Hayabusa is always f**kin wit'em.

Blame Itagaki for that.

Tha C-Master
You think? I think not. Eventually someone's fanboyism will take over and they will make a fool out of themselves again. Besides some of the debaters(including myself) stopped discussing because we were doing it out of topic. Cosigned again. It usually is resolved rather easily like this, when people want to.

Superboy Prime
I don't know about that. The Ninjas are awesome. I just wish DOA didn't revolve around them. It's like the ninjas and a bunch of nobodies. Although my favorite character is Jann Lee, they treat him like some dude and Hayabusa is always f**kin wit'em.

ROFL!!@Hayabusa always ****ing wit'em

So true. I remember I couldn't stop laughing when Hayabusa taunts Lee in DOA4. I was like "Wtf does he have against Jann Lee??"

lightness
It would be a nice change of pace if the winner was not a god damned Ninja...they have become the Mishimas of DOA.

zack in the alternate universe.

Major Snafu
Ending 1:

After a long, grueling battle, Ryu, aided with the memories of his friends, has beaten Gouki and approaches the fallen Ansatsuken fighter, sword drawn.

Hayabusa: May you rot in hell for all eternity.

Hayabusa swings his sword down at Gouki. Gouki's head is liberated from his body as his body falls over. Hayabusa sheathes his sword, and bows his head.

Hayabusa: My friends...your deaths have been avenged.

Hayabusa looks up and sees the faint images of Kasumi, Hayate and Ayane smiling at him before vanishing to the other side.

Ending 2:

After a long grueling battle, a battered Shin Gouki is standing over Hayabusa.

S. Gouki: You are not worthy of being my pupil. It's time for you to die.

Hayabusa lunges at S. Gouki with his sword...and misses as Gouki disappears. Hayabusa turns around, but it's too late. Gouki has nailed him with the Shun Goku Satsu.

Hayabusa is on his back, body mangled as Gouki stand triumphant. He lets out his death rattle as he dies.

S. Gouki: You've fulfilled your purpose in life...by allowing me to end it!

A third person appears. It's Serious Mr. Karate.

Serious Mr. Karate: Ansatsuken, huh? It is impressive. Maybe you can give me the challenge I am looking for.

S. Gouki: Be warned: you challenge me, you risk death.

Serious Mr. Karate: Funny. I was going to say the same thing.

They both fight.

Superboy Prime
For some reason the guy wearing a big nose mask makes me think he stands no chance in hell. It's nothing biased or personal it's just that...I dunno...that effin mask looks goofy.

Glad Ryu beat the crap out of Tengu in DOA2.

StyleTime
I wonder will this thread really decrease the rampant derailing of other threads in the name of Hayabusa or Akuma.

Anyway, Hayabusa wins with weapons and Akuma wins with in hand to hand.
I heard DOA5 is supposed to focus is supposed to give Kokoro the spotlight. Then again, DOA4 was SUPPOSED to center around Helena yet the ninjas were still at the forefront of everything. All Helena did was attempt suicide.

I'm guessing it'll probably be about Hayate. He is the only ninja who hasn't taken down a boss yet. Hayate needs to get his head in the game. Even Zack won DOA3.(the official tournament.)

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by StyleTime
Even Zack won DOA3.(the official tournament.) Well if it was not for that he would not have met Nikki.

lightness
how does takuma get powerful enough to challenge someone like gouki anyways. must be the mask, since he didn't even win a kof tournament when he competed and was forced to work for mr.big

Remulous
ROFL!!@Hayabusa always ****ing wit'em

So true. I remember I couldn't stop laughing when Hayabusa taunts Lee in DOA4. I was like "Wtf does he have against Jann Lee??" Yeah, not only is Hayabusa a ninja, but he's a bully too.

Emperor Ashtar
Blame Itagaki for that. Itagaki is a dickhead

StyleTime
Agreed.

Superboy Prime
how does takuma get powerful enough to challenge someone like gouki anyways. must be the mask, since he didn't even win a kof tournament when he competed and was forced to work for mr.big

I was thinking the same thing. Takuma doesn't really equal Gouki, much less Shin Gouki.

Remulous
Is it me or does Hayabusa and Jann Lee seem to always be off on thier own thing.They're sorta distant from the other characters. Unlike the others Hayabusa always seems to know what the real problem behind everything is before everyone else. And Jann Lee is just in it to fight.

StyleTime
All the ninjas generally seem savvy to the bigger picture in the tournaments. Lisa also seems like she may know more about the big picture as we see in DOA4.

However, NOONE is off doing their own thing more than Hitomi. I mean NOONE. Her DOA4 story...just....wow.

Remulous
Originally posted by StyleTime
Her DOA4 story...just....wow. Oh I forgot about her and she is like the weirdest of'em all. Her story was f**king hilarious! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.