Mandarin vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
I was thinking about this because Mandy has those rings which can seriously mess up J'onnz in a bad way.

Whow would take this one?
Please state the reason why if you gonna say a curbstomp.

Hulk rules all
Sir Lord Fear, Mandarin would smoke Martian Manhunter in what many but myself call a mild upset. MM is DC's equivalent of Thor. On paper, they are heavy weights in power but in application, limp noodles looking for a soft place to land.

DigiMark007
I like the anaolgy, even if it doesn't make sense, Mr. Hulk.

Anyway, MM = cosmic. Mandarin = Iron Man villian. The rings, collectively can be formidable. But none of them are terribly uber, and he doesn't have the raw power to compete with J'onn.

LordFear
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
Sir Lord Fear, Mandarin would smoke Martian Manhunter in what many but myself call a mild upset. MM is DC's equivalent of Thor. On paper, they are heavy weights in power but in application, limp noodles looking for a soft place to land.

Thanx because at least you acknowledge him and viewed him as being a legitimate threat. I mean Mandarin at least

LordFear
one of his rings, which is a black energy ring which mirrors a black hole essentially I thought alone would disrupt MM

LordFear
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I like the anaolgy, even if it doesn't make sense, Mr. Hulk.

Anyway, MM = cosmic. Mandarin = Iron Man villian. The rings, collectively can be formidable. But none of them are terribly uber, and he doesn't have the raw power to compete with J'onn.

MM=cosmic

endrict
Abilities Superhuman strength, speed, stamina and durability,
Flight,
Telepathy,
Intangibility,
Invisibility,
Shape-shifting,
"Martian vision,"
Longevity.

vs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Mandarin is awsome....

I think Mandarin has a few more weapons to use...but MM can speed blitz all day and that's the problem. STUPID DC PEOPLE!!!! he wins but not by much.

guy222
Originally posted by LordFear
I was thinking about this because Mandy has those rings which can seriously mess up J'onnz in a bad way.

Whow would take this one?
Please state the reason why if you gonna say a curbstomp.

MM. I heard Mandarin's son is badass

endrict
Mandarin can win most of them...if he can play it smart and dont let MM get close...

LordFear
Originally posted by endrict
Abilities Superhuman strength, speed, stamina and durability,
Flight,
Telepathy,
Intangibility,
Invisibility,
Shape-shifting,
"Martian vision,"
Longevity.

vs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Mandarin is awsome....

I think Mandarin has a few more weapons to use...but MM can speed blitz all day and that's the problem. STUPID DC PEOPLE!!!! he wins but not by much.

Yeah I really wanted Mandarin to win in my mind but I know that in a crossover, MM would win

LordFear
Originally posted by guy222
MM. I heard Mandarin's son is badass

Temugin was an insane character. This guy was stupid bad ass. He makes IronFist look like a martial artist wannabe. Damn too bad they killed this kid off. He didn't even wanna use the rings, that's how well the monks trained him

LordFear
Originally posted by endrict
Mandarin can win most of them...if he can play it smart and dont let MM get close...

Honestly sometimes IronMan didn't even deserve to win, but Mandy has this bad habit of talking too much, thusly giving Tony time to come up with a plan

endrict

LordFear
right thumb and finger rings by themselves can do so much damage, despite who you are.

endrict
yup...

DigiMark007
We really need a (good) respect thread for Mandarin or something. Because right now, about all I know of him is that he has a losing record against Iron Man...which will, alone, put him well below MM unless someone can prove otherwise. Because right now, all we have is vague cries of "The RINGS!" and not much else.

endrict
the problem is that MM has superman speed and strenght.. mandarin's fighing wont help against that, but anyone lower then that.. he sould beat them up pretty good.

take his rings away and hes a kick ass figher..

The Mandarin is one of Marvel Earth's greatest scientific geniuses. Not only has he made himself into an authority on Makluan science, but he has also built upon this knowledge by making further discoveries based upon it. Although the Mandarin has no natural superhuman powers of his own, he is a superb athlete with tremendous skill in the various martial arts. Through repeated practice he has toughened all the striking surfaces of his body, especially his hands, which are covered with thick callus. Without artificial aids he can split wood, cinderblock, or even mild steel with a blow of his hand. When he surrounds himself with a thin but intense protective force field, he can even split Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced alloy armor with repeated blows.

LORDSIDIOUS01
John Jonzz wins this one.

endrict
put him well below MM unless someone can prove otherwise. Because right now, all we have is vague cries of "The RINGS!" and not much else.

Because MM is much tougher then Mandy, power wise Mandy beats him and he needs it here.

Draco69
There's nothing Mandarin can do to Martian Manhunter. MM can just mindf*ck him. Or use his TK to simply rip Mandarin's hand of with the rings. Or simply phase through every attack.

And matter manipulation and disengration simply won't work on MM. It's been tried on him several times. And he simply reformed himself and then altered his molecular structure to become immune to the previously said attack.

LordFear
Originally posted by Draco69
There's nothing Mandarin can do to Martian Manhunter. MM can just mindf*ck him. Or use his TK to simply rip Mandarin's hand of with the rings. Or simply phase through every attack.

And matter manipulation and disengration simply won't work on MM. It's been tried on him several times. And he simply reformed himself and then altered his molecular structure to become immune to the previously said attack.

how are you gonna be impervious to molecular attack?Unless if it is indicated that he has complete control of his molecules, Which I have never heard of. Mandarin has a tremendous high degree of TP attack. He was trained by monks and one of his rings allow him to use it as a barrier.
MM doesn't always us his phasing attack immediately in a fight. ITS like Superman being able to obliterate you with his eye beams. Yes he could do it but how often does he use it? Stay true to what the character does, man

DigiMark007
how are you gonna be impervious to molecular attack?Unless if it is indicated that he has complete control of his molecules, Which I have never heard of. Mandarin has a tremendous high degree of TP attack. He was trained by monks and one of his rings allow him to use it as a barrier.
MM doesn't always us his phasing attack immediately in a fight. ITS like Superman being able to obliterate you with his eye beams. Yes he could do it but how often does he use it? Stay true to what the character does, man

See, that's the thing. If the molecular attack never works fully against Iron Man, what will it do to someone >> IM? Not much. The rings should be a lot more powerful, but they aren't. And I agree, Mandarin should probably be more powerful too. But he isn't...and he's never been written in J'onn's league (pun intended).

LordFear
See, that's the thing. If the molecular attack never works fully against Iron Man, what will it do to someone >> IM? Not much. The rings should be a lot more powerful, but they aren't. And I agree, Mandarin should probably be more powerful too. But he isn't...and he's never been written in J'onn's league (pun intended).

I understand that, but I am looking at it from the standpoint that Mandarin can use the rings to their full potential. Incidentally I never agreed with IM being able to put the kibosh on him so easily whether Tony or Rhodey, but my God the rings on one hand alone would be able to level most heroes and for Mandy to mess with the uber powerfuls like Juggy or Thor or DrStrange. Marvel just dropped the ball on a great character.Anyway enough of my rantings.

Draco69

You just answered your own question. MM has complete and utter control over his atomic and molecular structure.

Mandarin's monk training isn't going to protect him against someone who psionically attack Angels and Mageddon and even at one point the Spectre.

MM always turns intangible at the start of the battle and thusly turns invisible. Then he scans his opponents and tactically creates a strategy. Then he adjusts his molecular structure to adapt to his opponent's every move.

That's the usual modus operandi for MM....

LordFear
By rights, Ironman shoulbe be getting owned 6 outta 10 times these two encounter each other but for whatever reason Mandy get's bitchslapped around like an Asian girl in boy's clothing.

LordFear
Originally posted by Draco69
You just answered your own question. MM has complete and utter control over his atomic and molecular structure.

Mandarin's monk training isn't going to protect him against someone who psionically attack Angels and Mageddon and even at one point the Spectre.

MM always turns intangible at the start of the battle and thusly turns invisible. Then he scans his opponents and tactically creates a strategy. Then he adjusts his molecular structure to adapt to his opponent's every move.

That's the usual modus operandi for MM....

IF you say so but I own many JLA comix and that's not alway his MO. Futhermore I have never seen him "adjusting his molecular density to his opponent's every move" since when? Can you show me more than two evidence of that please or refer me to issues?
And just because he attacks Angels(by the way who the hell said that all angels if any are impervious to mental attacks? Where has that ever been stated) I have seen mental attacks get backlashed by MM multiple times, prove me wrong Draco with scans if its a problem with that statement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.