Killing the Good Guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthernGirl814
Who else thinks that its messed up that Rowling is killin all the good guys I mean she kills Harrys parents which makes sense but then she kills Cedric Diggory in book 4, Sirius in book 5, and Dumbledore in book 6 how freaked up is that and it says theres atleast one person that is going to die in book 7 but it could possibly be a bad guy but so far it's messed up I cried when she killed these people and I was just reading the book tell me your thoughts on this

The Phantom
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Who else thinks that its messed up that Rowling is killin all the good guys I mean she kills Harrys parents which makes sense but then she kills Cedric Diggory in book 4, Sirius in book 5, and Dumbledore in book 6 how freaked up is that and it says theres atleast one person that is going to die in book 7 but it could possibly be a bad guy but so far it's messed up I cried when she killed these people and I was just reading the book tell me your thoughts on this One. Apparently the pired died somewhere in that... post?

Two. It gets the story moving along. Get over it.

SouthernGirl814
Look I've said this b4 I don't really use punctuation on the computer ok but to make u happy here ya go. Also it doesn't though kill the bad guys not the good guys I mean one maybe that's ok but 3 oh hells no!!

Blue_Hefner
i was indifferent to Snape before, but now I certainly he dies. I'll never be able to forgive him(or Rowling) for (s)he did to Dumbledore

Barker
Bad guys kill good guys, Einstein.

SouthernGirl814
I'm not stupid I know bad guys kill good guys ya duh but Rowling wrote it that way so technically she killed then and I cried cuz of it cuz it wasn't right

Barker

How old are you?

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker

How old are you?

SouthernGirl814
well me I'm 15 but how old r u guys?? hmm and y u gotta know how old I am??

Barker
Because you sound like you're, oh, 11ish.

It's just a book, no need to cry over a death..

siriuswriter
It wouldn't be realistic if Rowling didn't kill off some of the good guys. It's war, not playing in the sandbox.

doan_m
I really don't care who dies. Just so long as she stays the freaking hell away from Ron and Hermoine, i'm good.

doan_m
Originally posted by Barker
Because you sound like you're, oh, 11ish.

It's just a book, no need to cry over a death..
People tend to take books or well.... just about anything with a highly vested state of interest to the point where they just love it and hold it in such high esteem. This is not only common in books, this is also common in stories beyond the books as in television shows and movies, where viewers cant help but sympathize with the main character, boo the villians and so on and so forth. You cannot just simply say, "its a book" because of the level of prestige and quality that a book such as Harry Potter denotes. This very forum itself is a testament to how successful the Harry Potter series are.

As is what happened to me when I started reading Harry Potter. At first I convinced myself that I didn't like the books... next thing you know I'm reading Order of the Phoenix for the 5th time. With that said, its clearly obvious that whenever a person tells a damn good story they tend to delve themselves deep into the book wondering what the hell happens next.

And just for the record, my age is 17 years old.

SouthernGirl814
Yea siriuswriter I get what your saying but still that's alot but I guess as long as Harry gets his revenge in the end it'll be all good. Barker I don't sound 11ish, I sound like I care ok, ur how old exactly?? Just cause people care doesn't mean they are young. It's like reading a poem if it's deep with thought and emotion your going to feel it too. Doan m thanks for stating those facts, your right on what I was getting at.

SouthernGirl814
Who else agrees that if Harry dies the story doesn't end right??

The Phantom
Who else agrees that if Harry dies the story doesn't end right?? o.o The story is going to end after thsi book.

SouthernGirl814
I know that the 7th book is the last I'm sayin if Harry dies it screws everything up and the series don't end right

The Phantom
I know that the 7th book is the last I'm sayin if Harry dies it screws everything up and the series don't end right No.

melane
It does,but i do hope she writes more series.

H. S. 6
The Harry Potter forum certainly attracts the more intelligent topics, doesn't it?

SouthernGirl814
If u8 don't like this topic stay out of it and I kinda wish she would write more books for Harry Potter just to see what happens afterwards u know?? but we all know thats not gonna happen and the story wouldnt end right phantom if Harry dies

The Phantom
If u8 don't like this topic stay out of it and I kinda wish she would write more books for Harry Potter just to see what happens afterwards u know?? but we all know thats not gonna happen and the story wouldnt end right phantom if Harry dies Your off topic one so don't even start on that. Also, it will end with that book.

Vladimir
god damn it... its a damn book, get over it....especially dont cry over it u silly girl...go watch spiderman 3 instead!

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/3/0/customsig_52430_d3.gif

SouthernGirl814
Well arent we a fiesty little one its not just a damn book 2 me and i aint no silly little girl u must be an obsessive one over this spiderman 3 don't be gettin on my case cause I could just say Spinderman 3 is just sum stupid movie like I said u don't like my topic dont post on it

SouthernGirl814
Originally posted by The Phantom
Your off topic one so don't even start on that. Also, it will end with that book.

Yea I know that Rowling is gonna end with the 7th book but I was just respondin to the dudes saying of what he wished but back on topic anyone else have an opinion on this

siriuswriter
If Rowling wants to kill off Harry, she'll do it well. It won't be written badly, it will be believable and it'll still make sense. It doesn't really matter what her fans think, Rowling's always written what she's wanted to, without regard to what anyone thinks. She'll finish off her story the way she wants to. People will still read it.

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
If Rowling wants to kill off Harry, she'll do it well. It won't be written badly, it will be believable and it'll still make sense. It doesn't really matter what her fans think, Rowling's always written what she's wanted to, without regard to what anyone thinks. She'll finish off her story the way she wants to. People will still read it. *Nods* Her book. No one elses.

doan_m
I know that the 7th book is the last I'm sayin if Harry dies it screws everything up and the series don't end right

I always thought that both end situations would make logical sense. But I always thought that Harry Potter dying in the end makes a tad bit more sense then him being alive.

This being, because I have some absurd and rather farfetched theory. It goes something like this:
*takes deep breath*
Harry Potter is a Horcrux....
Yeah I said it. Now what would make me think this? Well for one thing, Dumbledore said that making Horcrux out of living beings is an odd thing to do. Harry Potter may in theory demonstrate these side effects, what with being able to feel what Voldemort feels, he's got a scar which causes him pain all the time and in the 5th book he was able to form see what Voldemort's snake was doing who coincidentally was a horcrux itself. Such a connection with the snake may have only been possible since they share a part of Voldemort's soul. Yes, I know a bit farfetched, and I know for a fact that this does not account for the prophecy either.

The Phantom
Originally posted by doan_m
I always thought that both end situations would make logical sense. But I always thought that Harry Potter dying in the end makes a tad bit more sense then him being alive.

This being, because I have some absurd and rather farfetched theory. It goes something like this:
*takes deep breath*
Yeah I said it. Now what would make me think this? Well for one thing, Dumbledore said that making Horcrux out of living beings is an odd thing to do. Harry Potter may in theory demonstrate these side effects, what with being able to feel what Voldemort feels, he's got a scar which causes him pain all the time and in the 5th book he was able to form see what Voldemort's snake was doing who coincidentally was a horcrux itself. Such a connection with the snake may have only been possible since they share a part of Voldemort's soul. Yes, I know a bit farfetched, and I know for a fact that this does not account for the prophecy either. Yes yes yes. There are threads on that. Stick to the topic.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by doan_m

Yeah I said it. Now what would make me think this? Well for one thing, Dumbledore said that making Horcrux out of living beings is an odd thing to do. Harry Potter may in theory demonstrate these side effects, what with being able to feel what Voldemort feels, he's got a scar which causes him pain all the time and in the 5th book he was able to form see what Voldemort's snake was doing who coincidentally was a horcrux itself. Such a connection with the snake may have only been possible since they share a part of Voldemort's soul. Yes, I know a bit farfetched, and I know for a fact that this does not account for the prophecy either.

Um. The connection's also possible just because of the qualities of Voldemort that went into Harry because of the failed Avada Kedavra curse... that's how Dumbledore explained it, anyway. I tend to trust him when it comes to expository and background information.

TragicFairyTale
What kind of story would it be if you knew that all the good guys would live and the bad ones would die? It would be boring, there would be no reason to read it because the enthusiasm of finding out what will happen would be gone.

MY personal opinion is, though i didn't like that she killed off certain characters, it was necissary to make the story that much better and am glad she wrote it the way she did.

If it upsets you so much to read a story that stay as realistic as possible, within the world of magic ( big oxymoron, i know ) then do not read the story. Plain and simple. Obviously you liked the way it went if you are still reading the books, so stop complaining.

Barker
Originally posted by TragicFairyTale
What kind of story would it be if you knew that all the good guys would live and the bad ones would die?
Oh yeah, that reminds me: Won't the books feel different when the series is done? You'll be all like reading the first one and you read about Ron's sweater and you'll be all like "Pssh, he's gonna die anyway". no expression

TragicFairyTale
Its like that with every series hun. It has to end somewhere. There is only so far that she can take it. To drag it out would only do more harm then good to the series. As much as I don't WANT to see it end. I agree that it NEEDS to.

melane
Originally posted by H. S. 6
The Harry Potter forum certainly attracts the more intelligent topics, doesn't it?
yup,it does.

SouthernGirl814
Yea it's gonna be weird that the books will be finished but they cant go one forever and the movies will still have 2 be made so it'll go on a little longer but I'm not sayin some of the good guys cant die but Harry iI don't think will die I don't think he is a horcrux like everyone thinks I think in the end his wand will be a horcrux and his scar will in the end disppear do u guys get what I'm sayin??

[=Luffyz=]
No,I haven't caught up on the discussion for the last few posts..But I think in my opinion,this topic is a bit pointless."She killed Harry's parents" ? Technically,SHE didn't kill anyone. She writes the books,you can't be mad at her for doing what she set out to do. If you're gunna have a come-apart,perhaps you shouldn't read book seven? People are going to continue dying,it's a war..not a pillow fight. In some books,they bring them back,but not in these. It gets dark,but if you love it,you'll keep with it. I love the books,yes,there has been some disappointing material in there,but that's what makes them unique,you can't just call it a war and expect no one to get killed.I'm sure JK Isn't going to stop killing off characters for the people that don't like the way the books are being written. There's alot of people out there that feel the same way,I have to disagree,I myself,love how the books are turning out. I'll be terribly disappointed if Snape dies,but it's a book,and I'm still going to love them,nonetheless. There's no point worrying about it,you either read on,or not. =]

No offence.. roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

ADarksideJedi
I think part of the reason of the book is that everybody that harry loves had died or wil die.But we all know that a villen will be dieing in the end of the book and maybe harry will be too.
So it evens out alittle.jm

Darth Macabre
People die, get over it. Speaking of which, Harry better die at the end.

ADarksideJedi
Why must he die at teh end?jm

siriuswriter
There have been many threads on why people think Harry will die on at the end. Perhaps you should look at some of those?

ADarksideJedi
If u8 don't like this topic stay out of it and I kinda wish she would write more books for Harry Potter just to see what happens afterwards u know?? but we all know thats not gonna happen and the story wouldnt end right phantom if Harry dies

Why do you think that?If harry dies the story will end.I am glad she is stop writting after this last book.It may be sad but books could get old even harry potter.
If she contunes to keep writting about harry it could get abit boring.jm smile

SouthernGirl814
Ok well 1st notice how no main villain characters have dies thats a little screwed up I mean they r still there while all the good ppl are dying and I think I've figured out the last book sorta I'm still workin on it but Harry might not die because of what I think

Weeping Fairy
Who else thinks that its messed up that Rowling is killin all the good guys I mean she kills Harrys parents which makes sense but then she kills Cedric Diggory in book 4, Sirius in book 5, and Dumbledore in book 6 how freaked up is that and it says theres atleast one person that is going to die in book 7 but it could possibly be a bad guy but so far it's messed up I cried when she killed these people and I was just reading the book tell me your thoughts on this

I dont think its really all that messed up that Rowling is killing all the good guys, although it is really diapointing, its not all that ****ed up if you think about it. I believe that it was necessary to kill off some of the people Harry loved and cared about to show him what he was truly facing. It just so happened that Harry being a good person, loved and cared about other good people. In book one, Harry couldnt really comprehend Voldemorts powers, and the danger he faced as being 'The Chosen One'. Rowling said that two major charcters die, and honestly, i kinda hope one of them is Harry, itd be a good way to end the series, but like others have said, however Rowling finishes the story, she will finish it well.

SouthernGirl814
She better finish it well but see I haven't seen any bad guys died that really mattered thats y it pisses me off shes gotta make it even sumhow

The Phantom
She better finish it well but see I haven't seen any bad guys died that really mattered thats y it pisses me off shes gotta make it even sumhow No she doesn't. It's her book. She gets to do whatever she wants.

Darth Macabre
She better finish it well but see I haven't seen any bad guys died that really mattered thats y it pisses me off shes gotta make it even sumhow Quirrell died. Barty Crouch, jr. is worse than dead. And they were two of the main villains in two books, so...yeah, you're wrong on that. People die, it's the circle of life. And, if I had it my way, Harry would die at the end, as well.

SouthernGirl814
Actually Barty Crouch Jr. was nuttin major so he don't really matter I will give u Quarell though but still thats one to like 4 or 5 good guys hopefully she will kill Voldemort that would more than even it out

Darth Macabre
Actually Barty Crouch Jr. was nuttin major so he don't really matter I will give u Quarell though but still thats one to like 4 or 5 good guys hopefully she will kill Voldemort that would more than even it out Barty Crouch, jr, and Wormtail are the reason Voldemort's back. They're the only two death eaters that are "major" so far. The reason why it seems like she's killing off all the good guys is because they're the main characters. You've never seen the story from the "bad guys" point of view, so you don't realize just how many of them have died. Hell, I wouldn't even consider Voldemort a main character yet, since he's only been in what, ten scenes, throughout all of the books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.