Conversion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imlistening
so i just recently started going back to church, i started going for a girl, she is mormon and so am i, i used to not believe in anything, but since i started reading the book of mormon, and looking at it seriously, and i am starting to believe. is believing in something because of someone else wrong, im not doing because of her anymore, but it was for love to begin with.

TRH
How ignorent of you

fini
*throws TRH a dictionary*

TRH
*hits in head*

.......thats nice imlisening

Imlistening
maybe ignorance, maybe not, does it matter as long as im happy?, i dont think it does.

TRH
yes it does matter

fini
You gonna listen to someone who gets hit in the head a lot???

TRH
^ u hindu?

fini
Hmmm we're killing this guy's thread you know!!!!

and yes I am, the only one i've seen around here though.

TRH
I dont know to much about it do u have a link?

Imlistening
well ive been out of the box and in it, so i think im ok, besides people with something to believe in seem to have better lives, thats one of the reasons i stopped being an athiest. i know tons of happy people that believe in a faith, and are very happy, not all of them but the majority are, at least of those that i have met. and alot of people that didn't believe in anything and they just seemed lost or angry, not everyone but alot of them.

fini
Hey, once you believe wholly in something, but still have some brain matter left aside to understand other cultures and religions, and the point that they could all be doing the same thing, then you go on ahead man.

Believe and honour your faith, but dont you dare go bashing others.

TRH
There is reason to be angry

Imlistening
Originally posted by fini
Hey, once you believe wholly in something, but still have some brain matter left aside to understand other cultures and religions, and the point that they could all be doing the same thing, then you go on ahead man.

Believe and honour your faith, but dont you dare go bashing others.

who is bashing?

fini
lol, you're new in here(i think), you'll see once you take a look around, hehe

Imlistening
not new, just havent been on in almost a year, and i know that there are alot of people on here that just post lame comments and arent being serious, or just want to go around beating people with a stick... laughing out loud

TRH
beating with stick sounds good

Imlistening
so back to my original question....

fini
looks like a dictionary works fine on you!!!

hehe

TRH
what was that?

Imlistening
is it wrong to believe in something, because of love for someone else.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Imlistening
maybe ignorance, maybe not, does it matter as long as im happy?, i dont think it does.

As long as you don't make other people unhappy...go for it tiger.

Also, bed the girl.

Though...pre-marital sex and shit, eh? Well...damn.

What made you believe though?

fini
Well its not entirely the wrong reason. Love came before religion, so I dont see there being a problem with it. Once something gets you there, and you are somewhere happy, should it matter How you got there in the first place?

Bardock42
is it wrong to believe in something, because of love for someone else.

Yes.

Imlistening
but now its for myself, so im fine. and premarital sex, im good without it.

Bardock42
but now its for myself, so im fine. and premarital sex, im good without it.

Good, good.

Imlistening
Originally posted by fini
Well its not entirely the wrong reason. Love came before religion, so I dont see there being a problem with it. Once something gets you there, and you are somewhere happy, should it matter How you got there in the first place?

Im not trying to make anyone unhappy, i would feel terrible.

Imlistening
Originally posted by Bardock42
As long as you don't make other people unhappy...go for it tiger.

Also, bed the girl.

Though...pre-marital sex and shit, eh? Well...damn.

What made you believe though?

I just like the feeling i get when i read about it.

Bardock42
I just like the feeling i get when i read about it.

That's good, though do you truly believe that it is the truth?

TRH
yeah

Shakyamunison

Happiness is important, but will you stay happy?

Imlistening
i think so, because i know what its like to not have anything, and i like this better.

Shakyamunison
i think so, because i know what its like to not have anything, and i like this better.

That makes sense. So, you have spent years searching for the right religion for yourself? Right? wink

Imlistening
not exactly, but i have been to different christian religions, and i didn't like the way they did stuff...

Shakyamunison
not exactly, but i have been to different christian religions, and i didn't like the way they did stuff...

I don't mind, just as long as you make a well informed decision. After all, it is your life.

Capt_Fantastic
so i just recently started going back to church, i started going for a girl, she is mormon and so am i, i used to not believe in anything, but since i started reading the book of mormon, and looking at it seriously, and i am starting to believe. is believing in something because of someone else wrong, im not doing because of her anymore, but it was for love to begin with.

If the book of Mormon is the only religous text you've read then you haven't got a very full perspective on religion or spirituality, have you?

I'm not saying you have to go and read every religious book out there. I'm just saying a little more research is needed before you can settle down with one religion for the rest of your life.

However, if you've done this, and decided that Mormon is the religion for you, then enjoy it. But remember it was your descision to go with that religion. It wasn't divine intervention that led you there. (It was lust, actually.)

Storm
When people love each other it should be because of who they are right now, at this moment, without any artificial changes or other behaviours.

Imlistening
Originally posted by Storm
When people love each other it should be because of who they are right now, at this moment, without any artificial changes or other behaviours.

i agree, and i do love her that way, exactly that way.... sometimes things just dont work out i guess. nothing went wrong, so i dont know why we arent together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.